Minister: TANAP to be completed earlier than planned
According to him, the work continues at full speed: “I hope the project will be completed earlier than planned. TANAP is the joint project of Azerbaijan and Turkey. 80% of the project has been completed. Undoubtedly, Turkish section of the TANAP will be completed in the first quarter of 2018. TAP will be handed over in 2020. So we’ll witness delivery of Azerbaijani gas to Europe“.
The Southern Gas Corridor is one of the priority energy projects for the EU. It envisages the transportation of gas from the Caspian region to the European countries through Georgia and Turkey. The gas to be produced as part of the Stage 2 of development of Azerbaijan’s Shah Deniz field is considered as the main source for the Southern Gas Corridor projects. As part of the Stage 2 of the Shah Deniz development, the gas will be exported to Turkey and European markets by expanding the South Caucasus Pipeline and the construction of Trans Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline and Trans Adriatic Pipeline.
First gas transportation to neighbour country within TANAP will start in 2018. The planned capacity of the pipeline would be 16 billion cubic metres of natural gas per year at initial stage and would be increased later up to 23 billion cubic metres by 2023, 31 billion cubic metres by 2026.
1,802 km-TANAP will be linked to TAP from 2020 and deliver natural gas that will receive via South Caucasus Pipeline to Europe through Greece, Albania and Italy.
The pipeline is expected to cost US$9.2 billion. Azerbaijan will spend $6.1 billion.
TANAP shareholders: SOCAR - 58%, Botas – 30% and BP – 12%.
TAP will transport natural gas from the giant Shah Deniz II field in Azerbaijan to Europe. The approximately 878 km long pipeline will connect with the Trans Anatolian Pipeline (TANAP) at the Turkish-Greek border at Kipoi, cross Greece and Albania and the Adriatic Sea, before coming ashore in Southern Italy.
TAP’s shareholding is comprised of BP (20%), Southern Gas Corridor (20%), Snam (20%), Fluxys (19%), Enagás (16%) and Axpo (5%).
The Leviathan gas field is a large natural gas field located in the Mediterranean Sea off the coast of Israel. The gas field, located roughly 130 kilometres west of Haifa in waters, was discovered in 2010. The potential reserve size is being estimated at 500-600 bcm.
Related news releases
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan gets 47% decline in export of oil products
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan increases revenues from gas export
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan doubles revenues from energy export
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan sees 63% growth in revenues from crude oil export
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan sees 6% decline in oil production
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan announces amount of transfers from extraction industry
- 08.12.2017BP transfers nearly $95M to state budget
- 08.12.2017Sahil Babayev: Groundlessness of accusations against Azerbaijan proved once again
- 05.12.2017Azerenergy gets 14% decline in electric power
- 05.12.2017Oil prices climb on expected drop in U.S. crude stocks
- 02.12.2017Oil pares gains after report on Flynn in Russia probe
- 01.12.2017BP: SGC’s existing capacity can be expanded
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan supports the extension of the deal on oil production cuts
- 30.11.2017OPEC agrees to extend oil cuts until the end of 2018
- 29.11.2017Georgia to build natural gas storage, coal-fired power plant
- 29.11.2017Delay in TAP’s construction in Italy would have an impact on South Eastern Europe - EU
- 27.11.2017We hope that all problems on the SOCAR’s way will be overcome as soon as possible – Telman Aliyev
- 27.11.2017Azerbaijan - second largest gas supplier of Turkey
- 23.11.2017Ambassador: Southern Gas Corridor to allow Azerbaijan to turn into a huge energy exporter
- 22.11.2017SOCAR clarifies gas import from Gazprom
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijan resumes gas import from Russia
- 21.11.2017TAP realization bases on Europe’s fundamental values - Snam
- 20.11.2017SOCAR reduces oil output by 2% in January-October
- 20.11.2017Minister: 94 percent of works on TANAP completed
- 20.11.2017Number of BP’s Azerbaijani national employees declining
- 20.11.2017BP: 98 percent of construction on SCP Expansion is completed
- 20.11.2017South Caucasus Pipeline spends $657M this year
- 20.11.2017BTC spends $120M this year
- 20.11.2017BP: 27 million standard cubic metres of Shah Deniz gas was exported from Sangachal Terminal daily
- 20.11.2017Shah Deniz spends more than $2.6 billion this year
- 20.11.2017Shahdeniz 2 is now over 97 percent complete: BP
- 20.11.2017Volume of AGC production announced
- 17.11.2017Price of gasoline AI-95 and AI-98 increased in Azerbaijan
- 16.11.2017Volume of oil and gas transported via main pipelines announced
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan exports 38% of its gas reserves
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan reduces diesel production by 21%
- 16.11.2017SOCAR President: Works on SGC carried out on schedule
- 16.11.2017SOCAR: Petkim quintuples revenues
- 16.11.2017Transneft halts oil transportation from Azerbaijan due to earthquake
- 15.11.2017Three high-ranking officials of Energy Ministry dismissed
- 09.10.2017Ancient tombs unearthed during TANAP construction
- 10.10.2017Board of Directors highly evaluates Nobel Oil Services’ performance
- 12.10.2017Baku hosting international petroleum summit
- 06.10.2017Gazprom agrees to open office in Azerbaijan
- 05.10.2017President gives SOCAR instruction to provide gasifying of Lahij settlement
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijan reduces gas production nearly 17%