Erdogan: Southern Gas Corridor is priority for Turkey
Erdogan noted that one of priority projects for Turkey is the Southern Gas Corridor: “TANAP, which is one of main part of the SGC, will initially transported 6 bcm of gas to Turkey, 10 bcm to Europe. It will be launched in mid-2018. TAP will be launched in 2020. Political will of my friend, Azerbaijani president Ilham Aliyev and other participants of the SGC is very significant in implementation of this project and I’m pleased with existence of this will”.
The Southern Gas Corridor is one of the priority energy projects for the EU. It envisages the transportation of gas from the Caspian region to the European countries through Georgia and Turkey. The gas to be produced as part of the Stage 2 of development of Azerbaijan’s Shah Deniz field is considered as the main source for the Southern Gas Corridor projects. As part of the Stage 2 of the Shah Deniz development, the gas will be exported to Turkey and European markets by expanding the South Caucasus Pipeline and the construction of Trans Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline and Trans Adriatic Pipeline.
First gas transportation to neighbour country within TANAP will start in 2018. The planned capacity of the pipeline would be 16 billion cubic metres of natural gas per year at initial stage and would be increased later up to 23 billion cubic metres by 2023, 31 billion cubic metres by 2026.
1,802 km-TANAP will be linked to TAP from 2020 and deliver natural gas that will receive via South Caucasus Pipeline to Europe through Greece, Albania and Italy.
The pipeline is expected to cost US$9.2 billion. Azerbaijan will spend $6.1 billion.
TANAP shareholders: SOCAR - 58%, Botas – 30% and BP – 12%.
TAP will transport natural gas from the giant Shah Deniz II field in Azerbaijan to Europe. The approximately 878 km long pipeline will connect with the Trans Anatolian Pipeline (TANAP) at the Turkish-Greek border at Kipoi, cross Greece and Albania and the Adriatic Sea, before coming ashore in Southern Italy.
TAP’s shareholding is comprised of BP (20%), Southern Gas Corridor (20%), Snam (20%), Fluxys (19%), Enagás (16%) and Axpo (5%).
Related news releases
- 18.01.2018OPEC: Oil output will decline in Azerbaijan this year
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijan gets 35% decline in solar power production
- 18.01.2018SOCAR transfers AZN 1.5B to state budget last year
- 17.01.2018Sale of Azerbaijani gas in Georgia extends 7 times
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan decreases diesel production by 18% last year
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan sees 5.5% decline in oil production, 3% in gas production
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan's main gas pipelines transport more than 22 bcm of gas in 2017
- 17.01.2018BTC transports 6.4 million tonnes of transit oil last year
- 17.01.2018Georgia increases energy import from Azerbaijan by 8.4-fold
- 17.01.2018President Aliyev attends opening of Baku distribution network’s building
- 16.01.2018Anglo Asian Mining earns $55M from sale of gold
- 16.01.2018SOCAR sees nearly 3% decline in gas production in 2017
- 16.01.2018SOCAR reduces oil output about 6% last year
- 15.01.2018Georgia imports nearly 200,000 tonnes of oil products from Azerbaijan last year
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees decline in revenues from export of oil products
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan increases revenues from gas export by 23 percent
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees 30% growth in revenues from crude oil export
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan increases revenues from energy export
- 12.01.2018Companies to place Petkim’s AZN 500 mln bonds abroad named
- 12.01.2018Fitch: Petkim to save USD70 million annually on STAR’s descent
- 11.01.2018Date set for 4th Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council meeting in Baku
- 10.01.2018Basic metals production for TAP increased
- 10.01.2018Brent oil price above $69/bbl first since May 6, 2015
- 09.01.2018Azerbaijan fulfils its obligation on output cut
- 09.01.2018TAP: Talks with EIB on funding for TAP are ongoing
- 08.01.2018Azerbaijan meets nearly 30% of Georgia’s demand for fuel
- 04.01.2018Gazprom increases gas production by 12.4%
- 04.01.2018OPEC holds production steady
- 04.01.2018Azerbaijan announces volume of oil and gas reserves
- 27.12.2017Azerbaijan reduces gas export to Turkey
- 25.12.2017Excise on gasoline imported to Azerbaijan with octane number up to 95 increased 200 times
- 23.12.2017SOCAR: Azerbaijan has large gas reserves to supply pipelines
- 22.12.2017Energy Regulatory Agency established in Azerbaijan
- 22.12.2017President issues order on additional measures on use of alternative and renewable energy sources
- 22.12.2017$11.5B directed to SGC so far
- 22.12.2017ADB arranges $524.5 million syndicated loan for SGC
- 20.12.2017SOCAR sees 3% decline in gas production
- 20.12.2017SOCAR reduces oil output by 2% this year
- 20.12.2017Turkey intends to increase import of oil and gas from Azerbaijan and Iran
- 19.12.2017TAP construction to be temporarily suspended
- 10.07.2017President: Shahdeniz 2 will be completed soon
- 10.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Turkey-Azerbaijan friendship brings stability to the region
- 10.07.2017WPC President: Azerbaijan is sensitive about its investments and natural gas export
- 10.07.2017PM: Turkey, Georgia and Azerbaijan demonstrated significance of regional cooperation
- 10.07.2017Saudi Aramco to invest $300B to oil production
- 10.07.2017SOCAR increases transfers to state budget adn SSPF