Erdogan: Southern Gas Corridor is priority for Turkey
Erdogan noted that one of priority projects for Turkey is the Southern Gas Corridor: “TANAP, which is one of main part of the SGC, will initially transported 6 bcm of gas to Turkey, 10 bcm to Europe. It will be launched in mid-2018. TAP will be launched in 2020. Political will of my friend, Azerbaijani president Ilham Aliyev and other participants of the SGC is very significant in implementation of this project and I’m pleased with existence of this will”.
The Southern Gas Corridor is one of the priority energy projects for the EU. It envisages the transportation of gas from the Caspian region to the European countries through Georgia and Turkey. The gas to be produced as part of the Stage 2 of development of Azerbaijan’s Shah Deniz field is considered as the main source for the Southern Gas Corridor projects. As part of the Stage 2 of the Shah Deniz development, the gas will be exported to Turkey and European markets by expanding the South Caucasus Pipeline and the construction of Trans Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline and Trans Adriatic Pipeline.
First gas transportation to neighbour country within TANAP will start in 2018. The planned capacity of the pipeline would be 16 billion cubic metres of natural gas per year at initial stage and would be increased later up to 23 billion cubic metres by 2023, 31 billion cubic metres by 2026.
1,802 km-TANAP will be linked to TAP from 2020 and deliver natural gas that will receive via South Caucasus Pipeline to Europe through Greece, Albania and Italy.
The pipeline is expected to cost US$9.2 billion. Azerbaijan will spend $6.1 billion.
TANAP shareholders: SOCAR - 58%, Botas – 30% and BP – 12%.
TAP will transport natural gas from the giant Shah Deniz II field in Azerbaijan to Europe. The approximately 878 km long pipeline will connect with the Trans Anatolian Pipeline (TANAP) at the Turkish-Greek border at Kipoi, cross Greece and Albania and the Adriatic Sea, before coming ashore in Southern Italy.
TAP’s shareholding is comprised of BP (20%), Southern Gas Corridor (20%), Snam (20%), Fluxys (19%), Enagás (16%) and Axpo (5%).
Related news releases
- 20.11.2017SOCAR reduces oil output by 2% in January-October
- 20.11.2017Minister: 94 percent of works on TANAP completed
- 20.11.2017Number of BP’s Azerbaijani national employees declining
- 20.11.2017BP: 98 percent of construction on SCP Expansion is completed
- 20.11.2017South Caucasus Pipeline spends $657M this year
- 20.11.2017BTC spends $120M this year
- 20.11.2017BP: 27 million standard cubic metres of Shah Deniz gas was exported from Sangachal Terminal daily
- 20.11.2017Shah Deniz spends more than $2.6 billion this year
- 20.11.2017Shahdeniz 2 is now over 97 percent complete: BP
- 20.11.2017Volume of AGC production announced
- 17.11.2017Price of gasoline AI-95 and AI-98 increased in Azerbaijan
- 16.11.2017Volume of oil and gas transported via main pipelines announced
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan exports 38% of its gas reserves
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan reduces diesel production by 21%
- 16.11.2017SOCAR President: Works on SGC carried out on schedule
- 16.11.2017SOCAR: Petkim quintuples revenues
- 16.11.2017Transneft halts oil transportation from Azerbaijan due to earthquake
- 15.11.2017Three high-ranking officials of Energy Ministry dismissed
- 15.11.2017Ministry: Baku and Ankara implemented a project that Europe could not carry out for years
- 14.11.2017Turkish Minister of Energy and Natural Resources to visit Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan increases revenues from gas export
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan sees 27% growth in revenues from crude oil export
- 14.11.2017SOCAR Petroleum: Current break in sale of AI-98 gasoline to last for a month
- 13.11.2017OPEC member states decrease oil production
- 13.11.2017Working Group on improvement and finalization of 2016 EIT report holds meeting
- 13.11.2017SOCAR might buy oil refinery in Italy
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijan sees 7.2% decline in oil output
- 13.11.2017Azpetrol General Director reveals forecasts on gasoline price
- 13.11.2017Azpetrol comments on quality of fuel
- 13.11.2017General Director: Azpetrol already plans to install facilities designed for charging electric vehicles
- 13.11.2017BTC transported more than 344 million tonnes of oil so far
- 13.11.2017Volume of Azerbaijani oil transported through Ceyhan port announced
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani president: Extension of ACG will bring tens of billions of dollars in additional investment
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of “Yeni Ganja” substation
- 10.11.2017Petkim pays $11M advance for construction of new administrative building
- 10.11.2017SOCAR transfers AZN 1.3B to state budget
- 10.11.2017Petkim announces investment incomes
- 10.11.2017Petkim doubles profit
- 10.11.2017Volume of transportations through TRACECA announced
- 10.11.2017SOCAR Trading to quit Calgary, move some functions to U.S.
- 10.07.2017President: Shahdeniz 2 will be completed soon
- 10.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Turkey-Azerbaijan friendship brings stability to the region
- 10.07.2017WPC President: Azerbaijan is sensitive about its investments and natural gas export
- 10.07.2017PM: Turkey, Georgia and Azerbaijan demonstrated significance of regional cooperation
- 10.07.2017Saudi Aramco to invest $300B to oil production
- 10.07.2017SOCAR increases transfers to state budget adn SSPF