ENOC continues to supply crude oil to Iran despite sanctions
The companies Dragon Oil and ENOC shipped the next crude oil cargo to Iran, APA-Econmics reports citing to foreign media.
This is the second voyage of the Russian flag vessel VF Tanker-20 during this month to the Iranian port of Neka for discharge of Turkmen origin crude oil.
At the end of July, the same vessel VF Tanker-20, carried crude oil produced by Dragon Oil, arrived on roads of Baku port, Azerbaijan. However, after one week delay, caused by detection of some undeclared cargo on board, suddenly rushed to Iranian port of Neka and discharged crude oil to the terminal, operated by the National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC).
On August 7, VF Tanker-20 loaded a new cargo of crude oil in Aladja port, Turkmenistan, and moved towards direction of Baku, Azerbaijan. However, soon after exiting the territorial waters of Turkmenistan, the ship turned to the south and later arrived to Neka port in Iran.
It seems that this maneuver is linked to the fact, that Dragon Oil and ENOC, most likely, didn’t obtain necessary permissions from Turkmenistan Government authorities (State Customs Services and others), allowing Turkmen crude oil supply to Iran, and, therefore, issued cargo and custom documents, showing port of discharge Baku, Azerbaijan for further transit delivery to Europe.
It is not excluded, that Dragon Oil will not be able to obtain such permission at all, due to the serious worsening of relations between Turkmenistan and Iran after a dispute over payment for Turkmen natural gas delivered to Iran and intention of Iranian side to sue Turkmenistan in international arbitration courts.
Moreover, such movements of the ship may be explained, as the attempts of Dragon Oil and ENOC to hide the true destination of crude oil delivery – Iran, and, therefore, to avoid being included into the list of companies, violating US sanctions against Iran.
We recall, that NIOC (National Iranian Oil Company), NICO (trading structure of NIOC) and their related entities in various countries are included in the US sanctions list.
At the moment, Dragon Oil and ENOC are loading the third crude oil cargo aboard vessel VF Tanker-13 (belong to the same shipping company VF Tanker from Russia). Whether this vessel will go to Iran again, bypassing US sanctions and customs regulation of Turkmenistan, remains under question.
Related news releases
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of Shamkir Automated Management and Control Center of “Azerishig” OJSC
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev launched Gadabay electrical substation
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev launches Chichakli Hydroelectric Power Station after major overhaul
- 18.08.2017Funds allocated for reconstruction of water infrastructure in Baku’s Khazar district
- 18.08.2017ENOC realizes another supply of crude oil to Iran despite US sanctions
- 17.08.2017South Caucasus Pipeline Expansion project now ‘96% complete’
- 17.08.2017BP says SCP daily average throughput was 21.4 million cubic metres of gas per day in 1H 2017
- 17.08.2017BP: About 141 mln barrels of oil exported from Sangachal terminal in 1H 2017
- 17.08.2017ACG delivers 1.8 billion cubic metres of associated gas to SOCAR in 1H 2017
- 17.08.2017BP: Total ACG production over 14 mln tons in 1H 2017
- 16.08.2017Gas transportation from Shah Deniz field to Georgia suspended
- 14.08.2017LUKOIL and SOCAR can jointly invest in Turkish companies
- 04.08.2017Oil prices rise on strong U.S. jobs data
- 04.08.2017President: Azerbaijan turned into a reliable country supplying gas to world
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijan submits data on July’s oil output to OPEC
- 03.08.2017Power substation launched in Azerbaijan’s Zagatala
- 02.08.2017Volume of Azerbaijani oil transported through Ceyhan port announced
- 02.08.2017BTC transported more than 337 million tonnes of oil so far
- 01.08.2017SOCAR announces volume of exported oil products
- 01.08.2017SOCAR announces sale price of crude oil for last month
- 01.08.2017SOCAR exports 12 million tonnes of oil through three ports this year
- 01.08.2017Azerbaijan sells energy worth $10M to Turkey this year
- 31.07.2017Oil near two-month high as producers set to meet again
- 28.07.2017Georgian official: Baku-Supsa pipeline to operate uninterruptedly
- 27.07.2017SOCAR imports 16,000 tonnes of aircraft fuel from Saudi Arabia
- 27.07.2017Oil jumps to near eight-week high after big draw in U.S. crude stocks
- 25.07.2017Azerbaijan increases gas export to Turkey
- 25.07.2017BP: TANAP is significant project for us
- 25.07.2017Anglo Asian Mining earns $19.4M from sale of gold
- 25.07.2017Oil extends gains as Saudi pledges export curbs
- 24.07.2017Country manager: TAP construction won’t have negative impact on environment
- 22.07.2017Oil dives 2 percent; consultant sees OPEC crude output rise in July
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev opens Pirallahi solar power plant
- 20.07.2017Rovnag Abdullayev: 90% works copmleted in STAR refinery
- 20.07.2017SOCAR President: $8.5B invested in TANAP so far
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan’s investments in Turkey to reach $20B
- 20.07.2017Oil jumps to six-week high on surprisingly big U.S. inventory draws
- 18.07.2017Ischinger: Sanctions against Russia pose threat on European energy security
- 18.07.2017Import of certain types of gasoline to Azerbaijan exempted from duties
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijani President: "The Southern Gas Corridor is probably the largest infrastructure project in Europe"
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijan reduces crude oil export 40%
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijan’s revenues from natural gas export increase sixfold
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijan’s revenues from energy export increase 3.4-fold
- 08.08.2017New US sanctions on Russia increase uncertainty on European gas markets - S&P
- 08.08.2017Turkmen President to discuss natural gas transportation in Baku
- 07.08.2017ENOC sends oil to Iran despite US sanctions