ENOC continues to supply crude oil to Iran despite sanctions
The companies Dragon Oil and ENOC shipped the next crude oil cargo to Iran, APA-Econmics reports citing to foreign media.
This is the second voyage of the Russian flag vessel VF Tanker-20 during this month to the Iranian port of Neka for discharge of Turkmen origin crude oil.
At the end of July, the same vessel VF Tanker-20, carried crude oil produced by Dragon Oil, arrived on roads of Baku port, Azerbaijan. However, after one week delay, caused by detection of some undeclared cargo on board, suddenly rushed to Iranian port of Neka and discharged crude oil to the terminal, operated by the National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC).
On August 7, VF Tanker-20 loaded a new cargo of crude oil in Aladja port, Turkmenistan, and moved towards direction of Baku, Azerbaijan. However, soon after exiting the territorial waters of Turkmenistan, the ship turned to the south and later arrived to Neka port in Iran.
It seems that this maneuver is linked to the fact, that Dragon Oil and ENOC, most likely, didn’t obtain necessary permissions from Turkmenistan Government authorities (State Customs Services and others), allowing Turkmen crude oil supply to Iran, and, therefore, issued cargo and custom documents, showing port of discharge Baku, Azerbaijan for further transit delivery to Europe.
It is not excluded, that Dragon Oil will not be able to obtain such permission at all, due to the serious worsening of relations between Turkmenistan and Iran after a dispute over payment for Turkmen natural gas delivered to Iran and intention of Iranian side to sue Turkmenistan in international arbitration courts.
Moreover, such movements of the ship may be explained, as the attempts of Dragon Oil and ENOC to hide the true destination of crude oil delivery – Iran, and, therefore, to avoid being included into the list of companies, violating US sanctions against Iran.
We recall, that NIOC (National Iranian Oil Company), NICO (trading structure of NIOC) and their related entities in various countries are included in the US sanctions list.
At the moment, Dragon Oil and ENOC are loading the third crude oil cargo aboard vessel VF Tanker-13 (belong to the same shipping company VF Tanker from Russia). Whether this vessel will go to Iran again, bypassing US sanctions and customs regulation of Turkmenistan, remains under question.
Related news releases
- 15.12.2017Head of state: Creation of industrial prevailing in Azerbaijan
- 15.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of pipe-rolling plant in Sumgayit
- 14.12.2017SOCAR exploring Lukoil's oil refinery complex in Italy
- 14.12.2017Main pipelines transport 20 bcm of gas this year
- 14.12.2017Volume of oil transported via main pipelines announced
- 14.12.2017Automobile and truck manufacture in Azerbaijan about to stop
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan sharply reduces diesel production
- 14.12.2017SOFAZ revenues from ACG fields amount to $127.889 bln
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan gets 47% decline in export of oil products
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan increases revenues from gas export
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan doubles revenues from energy export
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan sees 63% growth in revenues from crude oil export
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan sees 6% decline in oil production
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan announces amount of transfers from extraction industry
- 08.12.2017BP transfers nearly $95M to state budget
- 08.12.2017Sahil Babayev: Groundlessness of accusations against Azerbaijan proved once again
- 05.12.2017Azerenergy gets 14% decline in electric power
- 05.12.2017Oil prices climb on expected drop in U.S. crude stocks
- 02.12.2017Oil pares gains after report on Flynn in Russia probe
- 01.12.2017BP: SGC’s existing capacity can be expanded
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan supports the extension of the deal on oil production cuts
- 30.11.2017OPEC agrees to extend oil cuts until the end of 2018
- 29.11.2017Georgia to build natural gas storage, coal-fired power plant
- 29.11.2017Delay in TAP’s construction in Italy would have an impact on South Eastern Europe - EU
- 27.11.2017We hope that all problems on the SOCAR’s way will be overcome as soon as possible – Telman Aliyev
- 27.11.2017Azerbaijan - second largest gas supplier of Turkey
- 23.11.2017Ambassador: Southern Gas Corridor to allow Azerbaijan to turn into a huge energy exporter
- 22.11.2017SOCAR clarifies gas import from Gazprom
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijan resumes gas import from Russia
- 21.11.2017TAP realization bases on Europe’s fundamental values - Snam
- 20.11.2017SOCAR reduces oil output by 2% in January-October
- 20.11.2017Minister: 94 percent of works on TANAP completed
- 20.11.2017Number of BP’s Azerbaijani national employees declining
- 20.11.2017BP: 98 percent of construction on SCP Expansion is completed
- 20.11.2017South Caucasus Pipeline spends $657M this year
- 20.11.2017BTC spends $120M this year
- 20.11.2017BP: 27 million standard cubic metres of Shah Deniz gas was exported from Sangachal Terminal daily
- 20.11.2017Shah Deniz spends more than $2.6 billion this year
- 20.11.2017Shahdeniz 2 is now over 97 percent complete: BP
- 20.11.2017Volume of AGC production announced
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijan reduces crude oil export 40%
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijan’s revenues from natural gas export increase sixfold
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijan’s revenues from energy export increase 3.4-fold
- 08.08.2017New US sanctions on Russia increase uncertainty on European gas markets - S&P
- 08.08.2017Turkmen President to discuss natural gas transportation in Baku
- 07.08.2017ENOC sends oil to Iran despite US sanctions