ENOC continues to supply crude oil to Iran despite sanctions
The companies Dragon Oil and ENOC shipped the next crude oil cargo to Iran, APA-Econmics reports citing to foreign media.
This is the second voyage of the Russian flag vessel VF Tanker-20 during this month to the Iranian port of Neka for discharge of Turkmen origin crude oil.
At the end of July, the same vessel VF Tanker-20, carried crude oil produced by Dragon Oil, arrived on roads of Baku port, Azerbaijan. However, after one week delay, caused by detection of some undeclared cargo on board, suddenly rushed to Iranian port of Neka and discharged crude oil to the terminal, operated by the National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC).
On August 7, VF Tanker-20 loaded a new cargo of crude oil in Aladja port, Turkmenistan, and moved towards direction of Baku, Azerbaijan. However, soon after exiting the territorial waters of Turkmenistan, the ship turned to the south and later arrived to Neka port in Iran.
It seems that this maneuver is linked to the fact, that Dragon Oil and ENOC, most likely, didn’t obtain necessary permissions from Turkmenistan Government authorities (State Customs Services and others), allowing Turkmen crude oil supply to Iran, and, therefore, issued cargo and custom documents, showing port of discharge Baku, Azerbaijan for further transit delivery to Europe.
It is not excluded, that Dragon Oil will not be able to obtain such permission at all, due to the serious worsening of relations between Turkmenistan and Iran after a dispute over payment for Turkmen natural gas delivered to Iran and intention of Iranian side to sue Turkmenistan in international arbitration courts.
Moreover, such movements of the ship may be explained, as the attempts of Dragon Oil and ENOC to hide the true destination of crude oil delivery – Iran, and, therefore, to avoid being included into the list of companies, violating US sanctions against Iran.
We recall, that NIOC (National Iranian Oil Company), NICO (trading structure of NIOC) and their related entities in various countries are included in the US sanctions list.
At the moment, Dragon Oil and ENOC are loading the third crude oil cargo aboard vessel VF Tanker-13 (belong to the same shipping company VF Tanker from Russia). Whether this vessel will go to Iran again, bypassing US sanctions and customs regulation of Turkmenistan, remains under question.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2018US Charge d'Affaires in Azerbaijan: US will continue to support SGC
- 20.07.2018DESFA sells 66% of its shares for €535M
- 19.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani gas will take its place in EU space soon
- 19.07.2018President: Process of industrialization is taking place at a very high pace in Azerbaijan
- 18.07.2018SOFAZ revenues from bonuses on oil and gas agreements to make up AZN 774M this year
- 18.07.2018President: Nearly $250 billion invested in Azerbaijan during past fifteen years
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian Presidents attend inauguration of plant in Sumgayit
- 18.07.2018President: Azerbaijan’s rapid economic and industrial development needs new technologies
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijani President issues order on execution of SOFAZ 2017 budget
- 17.07.2018SOFAZ earns AZN 7.9B from sale of profit oil and gas
- 16.07.2018BTC celebrates 3 billion barrels of oil export
- 14.07.2018Non-oil sector of Azerbaijan's economy grew by 2 percent
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani oil price decreases
- 12.07.2018Azerenergy releases information about power cut in country
- 12.07.2018Azerishig: Power supply suspended in 27% of Azerbaijan’s territory
- 12.07.2018Power supply cut in several regions of Azerbaijan
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan doubles electricity export this year
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan increases revenues from gas export by 8 percent
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan increases crude oil export by 40%
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan doubles revenues from export of oil products
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijani oil price decreases
- 09.07.2018SOCAR Group borrows 419 million manats this year
- 05.07.2018Kemaleddin Heydarov: “None of previously stated remarks were not taken into account”
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani President: "I express my gratitude to Russia and Georgia"
- 04.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting on situation of country’s energy system
- 04.07.2018Electricity supply of all regions of Azerbaijan resumed
- 03.07.2018Azerenerji: "Janub" and "Sumgayit" power stations activated, Baku's electricity supply restored
- 03.07.2018Ministry of Energy and Azerenerji issue joint information on electricity transmission issues
- 03.07.2018Georgia starts energy export to Azerbaijan
- 02.07.2018BP Azerbaijan: We look forward to continuing to work closely with the government of Azerbaijan and other co-venturers towards our next target of gas to Europe in 2020
- 02.07.2018SOCAR President: Shah Deniz 2 platforms constructed by SOCAR’s affiliate companies
- 02.07.2018Shah Deniz 2 begins gas deliveries to Turkey
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament ratifies new budget rules
- 29.06.2018Rick Perry: US to continue supporting Azerbaijan’s global energy projects
- 28.06.2018The mechanism of economic amnesty to be developed in Azerbaijan
- 28.06.2018First commercial deliveries within Shah Deniz-2 to begin next week,
- 25.06.2018Azerbaijan increases energy production by more than 9%
- 25.06.2018New Azerbaijani Vice President appointed to BP
- 25.06.2018Azerbaijan welcomes OPEC decision to increase oil output
- 22.06.2018OPEC agrees to boost oil production by 1 million b/d
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijan reduces crude oil export 40%
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijan’s revenues from natural gas export increase sixfold
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijan’s revenues from energy export increase 3.4-fold
- 08.08.2017New US sanctions on Russia increase uncertainty on European gas markets - S&P
- 08.08.2017Turkmen President to discuss natural gas transportation in Baku
- 07.08.2017ENOC sends oil to Iran despite US sanctions