Azerbaijan, Iran and Russia to create working group on integration of electro energy systems
Deputy Ministers of Energy of Azerbaijan, Iran and Russia have today met in the Energy Ministry of Azerbaijan to discuss the issue of integration of electro energy systems of three countries.
The ministry told APA-Economics that creation of North-South energy corridor was discussed at the meeting of Azerbaijani, Iranian and Russia Presidents in Tehran, as well as within the visit of Iranian president to Azerbaijan and relevant tasks have been given on development of cooperation in electro energy. At the same time, the head of state gave tasks at the meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers. As a fulfillment of these tasks, signing of the agreement between Azerenerji and TAVANIR is one of the next steps towards integration of electro energy systems of three countries.
Deputy Minister of Energy Natig Abbasov said that East-West energy corridor has been transporting energy to Georgia and turkey for three years. Existing opportunities in energy export among Azerbaijan, Russia and Iran creates opportunities for formation of North-South energy corridor.
Deputy Minister of Energy of Iran Humayun Hayeri stressed that they are interested in integration of electro energy systems with Azerbaijan and Russia and all three countries have favorable opportunities for energy export.
Deputy Minister of Energy of Russia Anatoly Yanovski highly assessed current cooperation in energy and underlined importance of concrete steps in this direction.
Thereafter, creation of trilateral working group on integration of electro energy systems of Azerbaijan, Iran and Russia was discussed.
The working group will include six members from each side.
At the end, a protocol was signed.
- 14.07.2018Non-oil sector of Azerbaijan's economy grew by 2 percent
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani oil price decreases
- 12.07.2018Azerenergy releases information about power cut in country
- 12.07.2018Azerishig: Power supply suspended in 27% of Azerbaijan’s territory
- 12.07.2018Power supply cut in several regions of Azerbaijan
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan doubles electricity export this year
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan increases revenues from gas export by 8 percent
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan increases crude oil export by 40%
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan doubles revenues from export of oil products
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijani oil price decreases
- 09.07.2018SOCAR Group borrows 419 million manats this year
- 05.07.2018Kemaleddin Heydarov: “None of previously stated remarks were not taken into account”
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani President: "I express my gratitude to Russia and Georgia"
- 04.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting on situation of country’s energy system
- 04.07.2018Electricity supply of all regions of Azerbaijan resumed
- 03.07.2018Azerenerji: "Janub" and "Sumgayit" power stations activated, Baku's electricity supply restored
- 03.07.2018Ministry of Energy and Azerenerji issue joint information on electricity transmission issues
- 03.07.2018Georgia starts energy export to Azerbaijan
- 02.07.2018BP Azerbaijan: We look forward to continuing to work closely with the government of Azerbaijan and other co-venturers towards our next target of gas to Europe in 2020
- 02.07.2018SOCAR President: Shah Deniz 2 platforms constructed by SOCAR’s affiliate companies
- 02.07.2018Shah Deniz 2 begins gas deliveries to Turkey
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament ratifies new budget rules
- 29.06.2018Rick Perry: US to continue supporting Azerbaijan’s global energy projects
- 28.06.2018The mechanism of economic amnesty to be developed in Azerbaijan
- 28.06.2018First commercial deliveries within Shah Deniz-2 to begin next week,
- 25.06.2018Azerbaijan increases energy production by more than 9%
- 25.06.2018New Azerbaijani Vice President appointed to BP
- 25.06.2018Azerbaijan welcomes OPEC decision to increase oil output
- 22.06.2018OPEC agrees to boost oil production by 1 million b/d
- 22.06.2018Transportation of oil products through SOCAR’s Kulevi terminal in Georgia declines
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani oil price goes down
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan doubles revenues from export of oil products
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan gets 11% decline in natural gas export
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan increases crude oil export by 46%
- 20.06.2018Minister: Sharp decline in oil reserves should be considered in order not to face crisis in market
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani energy minister to participate in Vienna meeting of OPEC and non-OPEC countries
- 14.06.2018Gas transportation via main pipelines increases by 1.2%
- 14.06.2018BTC transports more than 2.5 million tonnes of transit oil in five months
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan gets 1.6% rise in heating power production this year
- 14.06.2018SOCAR announces amount of revenues from foreign assets
- 26.04.2018SOCAR and BP sign agreement on new production sharing for geological exploration in Azerbaijan
- 30.04.2018Azerbaijan increases gas export to Turkey by 6 percent
- 30.04.2018SDL Nobel signs new contract with BP
- 26.04.2018Azerbaijani President arrives in UK for a visit, meets with BP CEO in London
- 26.04.2018Azerenerji gets 25% rise in revenues
- 26.04.2018BP names Helge Lund as chairman