Azerbaijan, Iran and Russia to create working group on integration of electro energy systems
Deputy Ministers of Energy of Azerbaijan, Iran and Russia have today met in the Energy Ministry of Azerbaijan to discuss the issue of integration of electro energy systems of three countries.
The ministry told APA-Economics that creation of North-South energy corridor was discussed at the meeting of Azerbaijani, Iranian and Russia Presidents in Tehran, as well as within the visit of Iranian president to Azerbaijan and relevant tasks have been given on development of cooperation in electro energy. At the same time, the head of state gave tasks at the meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers. As a fulfillment of these tasks, signing of the agreement between Azerenerji and TAVANIR is one of the next steps towards integration of electro energy systems of three countries.
Deputy Minister of Energy Natig Abbasov said that East-West energy corridor has been transporting energy to Georgia and turkey for three years. Existing opportunities in energy export among Azerbaijan, Russia and Iran creates opportunities for formation of North-South energy corridor.
Deputy Minister of Energy of Iran Humayun Hayeri stressed that they are interested in integration of electro energy systems with Azerbaijan and Russia and all three countries have favorable opportunities for energy export.
Deputy Minister of Energy of Russia Anatoly Yanovski highly assessed current cooperation in energy and underlined importance of concrete steps in this direction.
Thereafter, creation of trilateral working group on integration of electro energy systems of Azerbaijan, Iran and Russia was discussed.
The working group will include six members from each side.
At the end, a protocol was signed.
- 25.05.2018Vahid Alekberov comments on lawsuit between LUKOIL and Palmali Holding
- 25.05.2018LUKOIL negotiating with SOCAR on exploitation of Umid and Babek fields
- 25.05.2018Rosneft: US withdrawal from Iran nuclear deal may lead to reformation of world oil market
- 22.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates high-voltage equipment plant in Baku - UPDATED
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Regional energy cooperation rises to a new level
- 21.05.2018BP expects demand for oil to peak in late 2030s
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan decreases energy export to Georgia by 12%
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan decreases export of oil and oil products to Georgia 11%
- 21.05.2018Shahdeniz consortium ready to transport Azerbaijani gas to Bulgaria from 2020
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan gets 2% decline in electric power production this year
- 17.05.2018SCPX first gas scope 99 percent complete
- 17.05.2018SCP daily average throughput makes up 23.1 mcm of gas
- 17.05.2018Shah Deniz 2 first gas scope 99 percent complete
- 17.05.2018Shahdeniz produces about 2.7 bcm of gas and 0.6 million tonnes of condensate
- 17.05.2018BTC exports more than 8 million tonnes of crude oil
- 17.05.2018ACG delivers 5.8 million cubic metres of associated gas to SOCAR
- 17.05.2018ACG produces 7 million tonnes of oil in Q1
- 16.05.2018Renewable energy to meet 100% of power demand in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018Gas transportation via main pipelines increases by 1%
- 16.05.2018BTC transports more than 2 million tonnes of transit oil in four months
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan increases gold production nearly fivefold
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan sees 11% in gas production
- 16.05.2018OPEC fulfills Vienna agreement by 172% in April
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan sees 53% growth in revenues from export of oil products
- 16.05.2018SOCAR imports nearly 800 million cubic meters of gas from Russia in Q1
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan gets 11%rise in natural gas export
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan triples energy export this year
- 11.05.2018Berat Albayrak: TANAP to be launched on June 12
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan fulfils its obligation on output cut
- 09.05.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of International Association of Ports and Harbors - UPDATED
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan exports over 20,000 tons of fuel to Georgia last month
- 08.05.2018SOCAR Georgia Gas to invest GEL7M in Georgia this year
- 08.05.2018Deputy Minister: Azerbaijan to become natural gas supplier of Georgia in 2019
- 08.05.2018Director: SOCAR Georgia Gas over-fulfils investment obligations
- 08.05.2018ACG produces 455 million tonnes of oil and 144.5 bcm of gas so far
- 07.05.2018Vice-Speaker: Azerbaijan replacing heavy fuel in energy production with natural gas
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijan to build new gas storage and compressor station
- 04.05.2018Petkim increases liabilities by 68% in 1Q2018
- 04.05.2018Transportation of oil products through SOCAR’s Kulevi terminal in Georgia declines
- 03.05.2018IMF: AzeriLight’s price will be $62
- 26.04.2018SOCAR and BP sign agreement on new production sharing for geological exploration in Azerbaijan
- 30.04.2018Azerbaijan increases gas export to Turkey by 6 percent
- 30.04.2018SDL Nobel signs new contract with BP
- 26.04.2018Azerbaijani President arrives in UK for a visit, meets with BP CEO in London
- 26.04.2018Azerenerji gets 25% rise in revenues
- 26.04.2018BP names Helge Lund as chairman