$200M invested in SCP in Q1
In the first quarter of 2017, the South Caucasus Pipeline Expansion (SCPX) activities continued successfully along the pipeline route across Azerbaijan and Georgia.
BP-Azerbaijan says overall, 89% of the construction and commissioning scope is already completed.
In Azerbaijan, mainline construction continues with approximately 320km of pipe welded and 263km of backfill complete. All five of the planned horizontal directional drilling activities have also been completed, the last one having been completed in April 2017.
In Georgia, mainline construction is complete with about 62km of pipe welded, coated, lowered into trenches and backfilled.
Hydro-testing of the pipeline is ongoing in both Azerbaijan and Georgia.
Construction works continue at the two compressor stations in Georgia, with 96% progress at the first and 70% at the second station achieved. Both stations are on track for 2018 start up. Metering station (Area 81) construction works are approximately 95% complete and on track for 2017 start-up.
In the first quarter of 2017, SCP spent about $6 million in operating expenditure and around $191 million in capital expenditure.
The pipeline has been operational since late 2006, transporting Shah Deniz gas to Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey.
SCP’s daily average throughput was about 21.4 million cubic metres of gas per day during the first three months of 2017.
The SCP Co. shareholders are: BP (28.8 per cent), AzSCP (10.0 per cent), SGC Midstream (6.7 per cent), Petronas (15.5 per cent), Lukoil (10 per cent), NICO (10 per cent) and TPAO (19 per cent).
Related news releases
- 26.05.2017Efforts made to prevent TAP base on large amounts of money – president
- 26.05.2017Deputy PM: Trade turnover between Belarus and Azerbaijan increased 16.4% this year
- 26.05.2017Iranian minister: Re-election of Hassan Rouhani to presidency should boost investments
- 25.05.2017Date for next OPEC meeting set for November 30
- 25.05.2017Energy Minister: Vienna agreement meets interests of Azerbaijan
- 25.05.2017Kakha Kaladze: Georgia depends on Azerbaijani gas
- 24.05.2017Foreign workers in Azerbaijan’s energy sector make up 8-10 percent
- 24.05.2017No surprise expected in Vienna meeting - minister
- 24.05.2017SOCAR to participate in Iranian projects - EXCLUSIVE
- 24.05.2017Azerishig ends 2016 on loss of AZN 26M
- 22.05.2017S&P keeps SOCAR’s ratings unchanged
- 22.05.2017State companies’ tax debt to budget makes up AZN 1.4B
- 22.05.2017Ogtay Asadov: Azerbaijan’s new energy strategy brought transformation and progress to region
- 19.05.2017SOCAR reduces gas production nearly 8%
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan – main energy supplier of Georgia
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan’s main goal is to complete works on SGC in time – energy minister
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijani energy minister hopes Vienna agreement to continue
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan earns $28M from energy export to Georgia
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan reduces export of oil products to Georgia
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan increases gas export to Georgia 13%
- 18.05.2017Good condition created for foreign investors in Azerbaijan – president
- 18.05.2017We must celebrate launch of TANAP project next year - Azerbaijani president
- 18.05.2017Without “Contract of the Century”, Azerbaijan would’ve been unable to develop this much – president
- 18.05.2017Creation of drilling plant named after Heydar Aliyev is a historical event – Azerbaijani president
- 18.05.2017Azerbaijani president attends opening of drilling plant in SOCAR’s base
- 17.05.2017Volume of oil transported via Azerbaijan’s main pipelines anounced
- 17.05.2017Committee: 6.4% of gas reserves made up losses
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan sees 38% decline in gold production
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan gets 12% rise in gasoline production
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan gets 10% decline in crude oil production
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijani oil price declines
- 15.05.2017Azerbaijan gets 9.5% decline in oil production
- 12.05.2017Main directions of SOFAZ expenditures and investment policy made public
- 12.05.2017SOCAR increases budget transfers more than 11%
- 12.05.2017Oil gains on more support for OPEC cuts, optimism about U.S. crude draw
- 11.05.2017SOCAR: Situation at well in “Gunashli” field under control
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijani president approves contract on development of Umid and Babek fields
- 11.05.2017Gas leak at Azneft platform prevented
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan sharply increases revenues from natural gas export
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan increases incomes from energy export eight-fold
- 10.05.2017TAP construction suspended in Albania for one month
- 10.05.2017SOFAZ announces revenues from ACG
- 11.05.2017Around 400 delegates from 30 countries planning to take part in Caspian Oil&Gas 2017
- 10.05.2017BTC operating expenditures decline by $6M
- 10.05.2017Shahdeniz produces 2.4 bcm of gas in Q1
- 10.05.2017BP: Shahdeniz Stage 2 now over 92% complete