$200M invested in SCP in Q1
In the first quarter of 2017, the South Caucasus Pipeline Expansion (SCPX) activities continued successfully along the pipeline route across Azerbaijan and Georgia.
BP-Azerbaijan says overall, 89% of the construction and commissioning scope is already completed.
In Azerbaijan, mainline construction continues with approximately 320km of pipe welded and 263km of backfill complete. All five of the planned horizontal directional drilling activities have also been completed, the last one having been completed in April 2017.
In Georgia, mainline construction is complete with about 62km of pipe welded, coated, lowered into trenches and backfilled.
Hydro-testing of the pipeline is ongoing in both Azerbaijan and Georgia.
Construction works continue at the two compressor stations in Georgia, with 96% progress at the first and 70% at the second station achieved. Both stations are on track for 2018 start up. Metering station (Area 81) construction works are approximately 95% complete and on track for 2017 start-up.
In the first quarter of 2017, SCP spent about $6 million in operating expenditure and around $191 million in capital expenditure.
The pipeline has been operational since late 2006, transporting Shah Deniz gas to Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey.
SCP’s daily average throughput was about 21.4 million cubic metres of gas per day during the first three months of 2017.
The SCP Co. shareholders are: BP (28.8 per cent), AzSCP (10.0 per cent), SGC Midstream (6.7 per cent), Petronas (15.5 per cent), Lukoil (10 per cent), NICO (10 per cent) and TPAO (19 per cent).
Related news releases
- 23.11.2017Ambassador: Southern Gas Corridor to allow Azerbaijan to turn into a huge energy exporter
- 22.11.2017SOCAR clarifies gas import from Gazprom
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijan resumes gas import from Russia
- 21.11.2017TAP realization bases on Europe’s fundamental values - Snam
- 20.11.2017SOCAR reduces oil output by 2% in January-October
- 20.11.2017Minister: 94 percent of works on TANAP completed
- 20.11.2017Number of BP’s Azerbaijani national employees declining
- 20.11.2017BP: 98 percent of construction on SCP Expansion is completed
- 20.11.2017South Caucasus Pipeline spends $657M this year
- 20.11.2017BTC spends $120M this year
- 20.11.2017BP: 27 million standard cubic metres of Shah Deniz gas was exported from Sangachal Terminal daily
- 20.11.2017Shah Deniz spends more than $2.6 billion this year
- 20.11.2017Shahdeniz 2 is now over 97 percent complete: BP
- 20.11.2017Volume of AGC production announced
- 17.11.2017Price of gasoline AI-95 and AI-98 increased in Azerbaijan
- 16.11.2017Volume of oil and gas transported via main pipelines announced
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan exports 38% of its gas reserves
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan reduces diesel production by 21%
- 16.11.2017SOCAR President: Works on SGC carried out on schedule
- 16.11.2017SOCAR: Petkim quintuples revenues
- 16.11.2017Transneft halts oil transportation from Azerbaijan due to earthquake
- 15.11.2017Three high-ranking officials of Energy Ministry dismissed
- 15.11.2017Ministry: Baku and Ankara implemented a project that Europe could not carry out for years
- 14.11.2017Turkish Minister of Energy and Natural Resources to visit Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan increases revenues from gas export
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan sees 27% growth in revenues from crude oil export
- 14.11.2017SOCAR Petroleum: Current break in sale of AI-98 gasoline to last for a month
- 13.11.2017OPEC member states decrease oil production
- 13.11.2017Working Group on improvement and finalization of 2016 EIT report holds meeting
- 13.11.2017SOCAR might buy oil refinery in Italy
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijan sees 7.2% decline in oil output
- 13.11.2017Azpetrol General Director reveals forecasts on gasoline price
- 13.11.2017Azpetrol comments on quality of fuel
- 13.11.2017General Director: Azpetrol already plans to install facilities designed for charging electric vehicles
- 13.11.2017BTC transported more than 344 million tonnes of oil so far
- 13.11.2017Volume of Azerbaijani oil transported through Ceyhan port announced
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani president: Extension of ACG will bring tens of billions of dollars in additional investment
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of “Yeni Ganja” substation
- 10.11.2017Petkim pays $11M advance for construction of new administrative building
- 10.11.2017SOCAR transfers AZN 1.3B to state budget
- 10.05.2017TAP construction suspended in Albania for one month
- 10.05.2017SOFAZ announces revenues from ACG
- 11.05.2017Around 400 delegates from 30 countries planning to take part in Caspian Oil&Gas 2017
- 10.05.2017BTC operating expenditures decline by $6M
- 10.05.2017Shahdeniz produces 2.4 bcm of gas in Q1
- 10.05.2017BP: Shahdeniz Stage 2 now over 92% complete