$200M invested in SCP in Q1
In the first quarter of 2017, the South Caucasus Pipeline Expansion (SCPX) activities continued successfully along the pipeline route across Azerbaijan and Georgia.
BP-Azerbaijan says overall, 89% of the construction and commissioning scope is already completed.
In Azerbaijan, mainline construction continues with approximately 320km of pipe welded and 263km of backfill complete. All five of the planned horizontal directional drilling activities have also been completed, the last one having been completed in April 2017.
In Georgia, mainline construction is complete with about 62km of pipe welded, coated, lowered into trenches and backfilled.
Hydro-testing of the pipeline is ongoing in both Azerbaijan and Georgia.
Construction works continue at the two compressor stations in Georgia, with 96% progress at the first and 70% at the second station achieved. Both stations are on track for 2018 start up. Metering station (Area 81) construction works are approximately 95% complete and on track for 2017 start-up.
In the first quarter of 2017, SCP spent about $6 million in operating expenditure and around $191 million in capital expenditure.
The pipeline has been operational since late 2006, transporting Shah Deniz gas to Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey.
SCP’s daily average throughput was about 21.4 million cubic metres of gas per day during the first three months of 2017.
The SCP Co. shareholders are: BP (28.8 per cent), AzSCP (10.0 per cent), SGC Midstream (6.7 per cent), Petronas (15.5 per cent), Lukoil (10 per cent), NICO (10 per cent) and TPAO (19 per cent).
Related news releases
- 24.07.2017Country manager: TAP construction won’t have negative impact on environment
- 22.07.2017Oil dives 2 percent; consultant sees OPEC crude output rise in July
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev opens Pirallahi solar power plant
- 20.07.2017Rovnag Abdullayev: 90% works copmleted in STAR refinery
- 20.07.2017SOCAR President: $8.5B invested in TANAP so far
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan’s investments in Turkey to reach $20B
- 20.07.2017Oil jumps to six-week high on surprisingly big U.S. inventory draws
- 18.07.2017Ischinger: Sanctions against Russia pose threat on European energy security
- 18.07.2017Import of certain types of gasoline to Azerbaijan exempted from duties
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijani President: "The Southern Gas Corridor is probably the largest infrastructure project in Europe"
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan increases gas transportation 10% this year
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan sees 8% rise in gasoline production
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan sees 3.2-fold increase in gold production
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan investing billions of dollars for realization of SGC soon – president
- 17.07.2017Israel to join TANAP
- 15.07.2017S&P: SOCAR plays critical role in Azerbaijan’s economy
- 15.07.2017SOCAR to attend tender for construction of underground gas storage facility in Georgia
- 15.07.2017Price of gasoline Aİ-92 increased in Azerbaijan - OFFICIAL
- 14.07.2017EBRD to allocate $39M for Tamiz Shahar
- 14.07.2017SOCAR gets 7% decline in gas production
- 14.07.2017SOCAR reduces oil output by 2%
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan gets 9% decline in oil production
- 13.07.2017Oil rises as U.S. crude stocks drop by more than expected
- 11.07.2017Iran to spend $140B for increase of oil and gas output
- 11.07.2017IEA Executive Director: Oil producers’ efforts result in failure - INTERVIEW
- 10.07.2017Oil rises slightly, but growing global supply a worry
- 10.07.2017WPC President: Azerbaijan is sensitive about its investments and natural gas export
- 10.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Turkey-Azerbaijan friendship brings stability to the region
- 10.07.2017President: Shahdeniz 2 will be completed soon
- 10.07.2017Erdogan: Southern Gas Corridor is priority for Turkey
- 10.07.2017PM: Turkey, Georgia and Azerbaijan demonstrated significance of regional cooperation
- 10.07.2017Saudi Aramco to invest $300B to oil production
- 10.07.2017SOCAR increases transfers to state budget adn SSPF
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijan quadruples revenues from energy export
- 10.07.2017Secretary of State: US intends to cooperate with Turkey on SGC
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijan gets sixfold increase in revenues from natural gas export
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijan gets 29% rise in revenues from crude oil
- 10.07.2017SOCAR President: Azerbaijan is ready to meet Europe’s demand for gas
- 08.07.2017Oil prices drop 3 percent on rising global supplies
- 07.07.2017Azerbaijan meets 14% of Georgia’s demand for fuel
- 01.05.2013Azerbaijan reduces gasoline export by 4.5 times
- 01.05.2013Azerbaijani President attends opening of factories of “AzFP CO LTD” LLC - PHOTO
- 02.05.2013Shah Deniz begins evaluating binding transportation bids
- 01.05.2013Azerbaijani Minister of Industry and Energy paying visit to Norway
- 01.05.2013Crude oil goes 13-14% down in world market
- 01.05.2013British TWI company intends to cooperate with SOCAR