$200M invested in SCP in Q1
In the first quarter of 2017, the South Caucasus Pipeline Expansion (SCPX) activities continued successfully along the pipeline route across Azerbaijan and Georgia.
BP-Azerbaijan says overall, 89% of the construction and commissioning scope is already completed.
In Azerbaijan, mainline construction continues with approximately 320km of pipe welded and 263km of backfill complete. All five of the planned horizontal directional drilling activities have also been completed, the last one having been completed in April 2017.
In Georgia, mainline construction is complete with about 62km of pipe welded, coated, lowered into trenches and backfilled.
Hydro-testing of the pipeline is ongoing in both Azerbaijan and Georgia.
Construction works continue at the two compressor stations in Georgia, with 96% progress at the first and 70% at the second station achieved. Both stations are on track for 2018 start up. Metering station (Area 81) construction works are approximately 95% complete and on track for 2017 start-up.
In the first quarter of 2017, SCP spent about $6 million in operating expenditure and around $191 million in capital expenditure.
The pipeline has been operational since late 2006, transporting Shah Deniz gas to Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey.
SCP’s daily average throughput was about 21.4 million cubic metres of gas per day during the first three months of 2017.
The SCP Co. shareholders are: BP (28.8 per cent), AzSCP (10.0 per cent), SGC Midstream (6.7 per cent), Petronas (15.5 per cent), Lukoil (10 per cent), NICO (10 per cent) and TPAO (19 per cent).
Related news releases
- 24.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of Garagashli substation in Salyan
- 22.09.2017Anglo Asian Mining announces average sale price of gold
- 22.09.2017Anglo Asian Mining borrowed $2.7M from Yapi Credit Bank Azerbaijan
- 21.09.2017SOCAR and its partners invested $76B in oil and gas industry so far
- 21.09.2017Shah Deniz-2 is making good progress towards full completion on schedule and below the planned budget - BP
- 21.09.2017Vice President: Favorable oil price for SOCAR is $60-65, but we take into account realities in our strategy
- 21.09.2017SOCAR sells 1.4 million tonnes of gasoline, 1.2 million tonnes of diesel in Azerbaijan
- 20.09.2017$42.7B to be invested in ACG
- 20.09.2017AZN 16B transferred to SOCAR’s accounts in authorized banks
- 20.09.2017SOCAR imports 1.1 bcm of gas this year
- 20.09.2017SOCAR announces base price of crude oil and gas
- 20.09.2017Volume of oil and condensate extracted from Shahdeniz so far announced
- 20.09.2017BTC transported nearly 340 million tonnes of Azerbaijani oil so far
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan oil output to reach 2 billion tonnes
- 19.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some oil workers
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijan gets decline in solar power production
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijan triples gold production
- 18.09.2017Gas processing plant processes 1.7 bcm of gas this year
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan sees 18.5% decline in diesel production
- 15.09.2017SOCAR reduces oil output by 9%
- 14.09.2017SOCAR, Statoil discuss development of "Karabakh" oilfield and "Ashrafi" and "Dan Ulduzu" structures
- 14.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Statoil Executive Vice President - UPDATED
- 14.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with UK Minister of State
- 14.09.2017Ambassador: US is pleased to continue cooperation with Azerbaijan within extension of agreement on ACG development
- 14.09.2017UK PM: I’m sure the new contract will further develop our coop with Azerbaijan
- 14.09.2017Turkish presidents sends message to participants of signing ceremony of new ACG contract
- 14.09.2017Georgian PM: Signing of new ACG contract ‘a historic event’
- 14.09.2017BP: Over $40B to be invested in ACG development
- 14.09.2017Turkey says will continue to be important partner of Azerbaijan
- 14.09.2017New ACG participating interests announced
- 14.09.2017President: We established very profitable cooperation with BP during 23 years
- 14.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan lives at its own expense
- 14.09.2017Azerbaijani goverment and co-venturers sign amended and restated Azeri-Chirag-Deepwater Guneshli PSA
- 14.09.2017President: Azerbaijan’s currency reserves will increase more
- 14.09.2017President: New contract on ACG development is signed with more favorable and better conditions for Azerbaijan
- 14.09.2017Ceremony being held for signing a new contract on development of ACG field by 2050
- 13.09.2017IGB to sign agreement with Azerbaijan in early 2018 - OFFICIAL
- 13.09.2017Non-OPEC countries fulfill agreement by 118% thanks to Azerbaijan
- 13.09.2017Oil up on OPEC output decline; U.S. refinery restarts
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan gets 41% decline in export of oil products
- 10.05.2017TAP construction suspended in Albania for one month
- 10.05.2017SOFAZ announces revenues from ACG
- 11.05.2017Around 400 delegates from 30 countries planning to take part in Caspian Oil&Gas 2017
- 10.05.2017BTC operating expenditures decline by $6M
- 10.05.2017Shahdeniz produces 2.4 bcm of gas in Q1
- 10.05.2017BP: Shahdeniz Stage 2 now over 92% complete