$200M invested in SCP in Q1
In the first quarter of 2017, the South Caucasus Pipeline Expansion (SCPX) activities continued successfully along the pipeline route across Azerbaijan and Georgia.
BP-Azerbaijan says overall, 89% of the construction and commissioning scope is already completed.
In Azerbaijan, mainline construction continues with approximately 320km of pipe welded and 263km of backfill complete. All five of the planned horizontal directional drilling activities have also been completed, the last one having been completed in April 2017.
In Georgia, mainline construction is complete with about 62km of pipe welded, coated, lowered into trenches and backfilled.
Hydro-testing of the pipeline is ongoing in both Azerbaijan and Georgia.
Construction works continue at the two compressor stations in Georgia, with 96% progress at the first and 70% at the second station achieved. Both stations are on track for 2018 start up. Metering station (Area 81) construction works are approximately 95% complete and on track for 2017 start-up.
In the first quarter of 2017, SCP spent about $6 million in operating expenditure and around $191 million in capital expenditure.
The pipeline has been operational since late 2006, transporting Shah Deniz gas to Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey.
SCP’s daily average throughput was about 21.4 million cubic metres of gas per day during the first three months of 2017.
The SCP Co. shareholders are: BP (28.8 per cent), AzSCP (10.0 per cent), SGC Midstream (6.7 per cent), Petronas (15.5 per cent), Lukoil (10 per cent), NICO (10 per cent) and TPAO (19 per cent).
Related news releases
- 23.04.2018Minister: Azerbaijan’s joining OPEC is not on agenda
- 23.04.2018BP: Business in Azerbaijan is one of other significant ones in BP’s global portfolio
- 23.04.2018ACG produced 453 milion tonnes of oil and 144 bcm of gas so far
- 23.04.2018Minister: SGC opens opportunities for rich gas resources of region
- 20.04.2018Extractive Industries Transparency Commission holds meeting
- 19.04.2018SOFAZ revenues from ACG and Shahdeniz amount to $133 bln
- 19.04.201870 million barrels of Azerbaijani oil transported through Georgia
- 19.04.2018Georgia increases energy import from Azerbaijan
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan increases export of oil and oil products to Georgia over 8%
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan gets 3% rise in wind power production this year
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan increases gas export to Georgia by nearly 6%
- 19.04.2018Oil near late-2014 highs as Saudi pushes for higher prices, U.S. crude stocks decline
- 18.04.2018Edison to buy gas from Shahdeniz
- 18.04.2018President: Azerbaijan has turned from energy importing country into energy exporting country
- 18.04.2018President: Shahdeniz 2, South Caucasus Pipeline and TANAP will be launched this year
- 18.04.2018$1.5B invested in non-oil sector in Q1
- 18.04.2018Russia, Iran can extend oil supplies agreement for 5 years
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan increases oil production
- 17.04.2018Gas transportation via main pipelines increases by 7%
- 17.04.2018BTC transports more than 1.5 million tonnes of transit oil in three months
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan increases gasoline and diesel production in Q1
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan increases gold production by 5.1-fold
- 17.04.2018SOCAR Turkey Energy buys stake in TANAP
- 17.04.2018$5.6B invested in TANAP construction so far
- 17.04.2018Saltuk Duzyol: TANAP will be ready to give gas to TAP in June 2019
- 17.04.2018General Manager: TANAP can also transport Iraq’s gas in future
- 16.04.2018Anglo Asian Mining earns $1.3M from sale of gold
- 16.04.2018SOCAR increases diesel production due to high demand
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijan sees growth in revenues from crude oil export
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijan, Iran sign contract on sale and purchase of electric energy
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijan’s non-oil sector increases by 2.2-fold in 2004-2017
- 11.04.2018Georgian president speaks about SGC’s significance in Abu Dhabi
- 11.04.2018SOFAZ assets increases by $2b in Q1
- 11.04.2018SOCAR announces investment plans
- 10.04.2018Azerbaijan fulfils its obligation on output cut
- 06.04.2018SOCAR President: SGC to create significant common gas-main pipeline
- 06.04.2018PROKON on final straight at Construction of SOCAR Ammonia and Urea Plant
- 05.04.2018Azerbaijani president orders allocating funds for construction of 15 modular schools
- 03.04.2018Transportation of oil products through SOCAR’s Kulevi terminal in Georgia declines
- 02.04.2018Azerbaijani appointed as BP Vice President Australia
- 10.05.2017TAP construction suspended in Albania for one month
- 10.05.2017SOFAZ announces revenues from ACG
- 11.05.2017Around 400 delegates from 30 countries planning to take part in Caspian Oil&Gas 2017
- 10.05.2017BTC operating expenditures decline by $6M
- 10.05.2017Shahdeniz produces 2.4 bcm of gas in Q1
- 10.05.2017BP: Shahdeniz Stage 2 now over 92% complete