Turkey did not want visa crisis with US, says Erdogan
“They started the visa crisis and thanks to them, they have ended it themselves. Great. We did not want visa crisis [with the US]. It is now ended. That is what should have happened anyway,” Erdogan said.
His remarks came during the provincial congress of ruling Justice and Development (AK) Party in northern province of Kastamonu.
On Thursday, the U.S. Embassy in Turkey announced the resumption of full visa services after nearly two months.
In a reciprocal move, Turkey also lifted restrictions on visa services for American citizens, according to the Turkish mission in the U.S.
On Oct. 8, the embassy suspended non-immigrant visas to Turkish nationals following the arrest of a local employee working at the U.S. Consulate in Istanbul, prompting a tit-for-tat response from Ankara.
Erdogan drew parallel between the Daesh and YPG/PYD, saying beyond borders terrorist outfits’ names change but cruelty remains.
"We will do [to YPG/PYD] that we did to Daesh and we will definitely make our borders secure," Erdogan said.
Related news releases
- 23.01.2018Afrin op will go on until 'last terrorist neutralized'
- 22.01.2018Turkey: Operation in Syria targets terror groups
- 22.01.2018Turkey's gross debt climbs to $231.3B in 2017
- 22.01.2018Turkey’s Erdogan says Afrin operation won’t end before reaching its goal
- 22.01.2018Survey: 27% of Romanians in favor of unification with Moldova
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijani schoolboy dies of meningococcemia in Georgia
- 22.01.2018Religious history teaching could be resumed in Georgian schools
- 22.01.2018Railway tunnel explosion in Georgia leaves 3 injured
- 21.01.2018Key cardinal rebukes pope over abuse comment in rare move
- 21.01.2018Turkish army chief speaks to US, Russian counterparts
- 21.01.2018Turkish ground offensive into Afrin likely to start on Sunday: PM Yıldırım
- 20.01.2018Hotel fire in Prague kills two, injures Dozens
- 20.01.2018Turkey says Afrin operation targets terrorists
- 20.01.2018Erdogan: Ground operation in Syria's Afrin begins
- 20.01.201813 killed, 42 injured in bus accident in Turkey
- 20.01.2018Turkish presidential aide, US adviser discuss terrorism
- 19.01.2018Georgia PM won’t run for president
- 19.01.2018Deadly storm claims 8 lives in Germany
- 19.01.2018Turkey will carry out military operation in Afrin – defense minister
- 19.01.2018Putin takes icy plunge into waters of Lake Seliger
- 19.01.2018Nine dead as huge storms batter Europe
- 19.01.2018Deadly storm Friederike causes Dutch and German transport chaos
- 18.01.2018Turkey extends state of emergency for 3-more months - UPDATED
- 18.01.2018Turkey will take steps in Syrian border region if demands not met: Deputy PM
- 18.01.2018Merkel defends EU-Turkey refugee agreement
- 18.01.2018National Security Council: Formation of terrorist army across Turkish border will not be allowed
- 17.01.2018Three killed in military plane crash in Turkey
- 17.01.2018Czech Parliament will approve new cabinet only without Babis as PM
- 17.01.2018Parliament postponed voting for the law on the Donbass
- 16.01.2018Turkey's Erdogan, NATO chief discuss Syria over phone
- 16.01.2018Terrorists cannot protect NATO borders, says Turkish PM
- 16.01.2018Denmark will increase defense spending to counter Russia: PM
- 16.01.2018Up to 20 injured in Belgium blast
- 16.01.2018Lead singer of The Cranberries dies aged 46 in London
- 16.01.2018Turkish premier talks to Iraqi counterpart over phone
- 15.01.2018Germany's Christian Democrats approve coalition deal
- 15.01.2018US treats Turkey as its ‘enemy’, says PM Yildirim
- 15.01.2018Hotel catches fire in Tbilisi
- 14.01.2018Turkey rejects idea of 'Privileged Partnership' with European Union
- 14.01.2018Dozen of Neo-Nazis arrested over participation in unauthorized rally in Sweden
- 31.12.2017German Chancellor Merkel to reveal her plans on forming government in 2018
- 02.01.2018Moldovan court suspends president's powers over minister refusal
- 02.01.2018Sweden defies US, NATO threats on UN nuclear ban treaty
- 31.12.2017Hostages freed in Ukraine’s Kharkov, attacker arrested - president
- 30.12.2017Eleven people taken hostage in Ukraine’s Kharkov - police
- 30.12.2017Greece grants asylum to FETÖ-linked coup soldier