German Chancellor Merkel to reveal her plans on forming government in 2018
German Chancellor Merkel is expected to say in her New Year speech that she wants to exert maximum efforts to form the stable government as soon as possible in 2018, APA reports quoting Sputnik.
"My dear compatriots, you have charged us, the politicians, with the goal to resist the challenges of the future and at the same time to care for the needs of all the citizens. I consider myself to be responsible for implementation of this order — including by working to form a stable German government in the n
The politician added that the issue was about the capability of the Europeans to preserve their values both within the bloc and outside of it, as well as to take steps to contribute to economic success of Europe and to protect the safety of the citizens.
"The future of Germany… is inseparable from Europe's future. Twenty seven states in Europe should work more active than anyone else in order to preserve the community's unity. This would be a crucial issue in the next years," the speech reads.
According to the German chancellor, Berlin along with Paris want to exert efforts in order to reach these goals and to make Europe "suitable for future."
Germany held a parliamentary election on September 24. The alliance of Merkel's Christian Democratic Union (CDU) and the Bavarian Christian Social Union (CSU) won the election, securing 246 seats in the parliament, while the German Social Democratic Party (SPD), came second with 153 seats.
In late November, German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier offered the CDU/CSU and the SPD to launch coalition talks after the failure of negotiations between Merkel’s bloc, the Free Liberal Party (FDP) and The Greens party. The two biggest German parties accepted the initiative.ew year," Merkel is expected to say in the speech given to reporters by the governmental press service.
The German leader is expected to say that she is aware that many people are concerned over the nation's unity adding that the fact that many people have "fears and concerns" is an incentive for her work.
Related news releases
- 18.02.2018Armenian President suggests normalizing relations with Turkey through a new document
- 18.02.2018Latvian Central Bank Governor detained in corruption probe
- 18.02.2018Small earthquake hits Britain, strongest for 10 years
- 18.02.2018Thousands rally against Munich Security Conference in Germany
- 17.02.2018Sweden grants citizenship to scientist sentenced to death in Iran
- 17.02.2018Blast at Agricultural Plant in Northern France Leaves 2 Killed
- 17.02.2018Georgian, Turkish PMs discuss regional transport projects
- 17.02.2018Moldova to host summit of GUAM prime ministers
- 17.02.2018Lavrov: Russia Ready for partnership with EU, US based on mutual respect
- 17.02.2018Turkey, US joint statement alludes to YPG terror group
- 16.02.2018Uncertainty reigns in final polls ahead of Italy election
- 16.02.2018Tillerson: US will 'work on' its Manbij promises given to Turkey
- 16.02.2018Tillerson: 'US, Turkey will act together'
- 16.02.2018Two killed in Turkish military training plane crash
- 16.02.2018UK Business leaders propose partial customs union with EU
- 16.02.2018PM Yildirim sends condolences to US Vice President
- 16.02.2018Turkish president, US secretary of state meet for 3 hours and 15 minutes in Ankara - UPDATED
- 15.02.201822 families evacuated after huge sinkhole opens up in Rome
- 15.02.2018Turkey, Germany vow to improve strained ties
- 15.02.2018U.S. State Secretary arrives in Turkey
- 15.02.2018Leading Swiss rail company to construct carriage-building and repair plant in Tbilisi
- 15.02.2018Turkey’s opposition leader Kilicdaroglu hospitalized
- 15.02.2018NATO to modernize command structure
- 14.02.2018Turkish defense min. meets US counterpart in Brussels
- 14.02.2018France will strike Syria if chemical weapons use proven
- 14.02.2018Saakashvili promises more protests in Ukraine
- 14.02.2018Turkish, Greek prime ministers speak over phone
- 13.02.2018Martin Schulz resigns as German SPD chief
- 13.02.20183 killed as migrant boat capsizes in NW Turkey
- 13.02.2018Dutch foreign minister resigns after lying about Putin
- 13.02.2018UK judge refuses to withdraw arrest warrant for Assange
- 13.02.2018Turkish defense head attends anti-Daesh meeting in Rome
- 13.02.2018N. Ireland power-sharing talks enter ‘decisive phase’
- 13.02.2018One killed, 22 hurt in Austrian train crash: police
- 12.02.2018Ukraine deports Saakashvili on charter flight to Poland - border service
- 12.02.2018Georgia believes in power of dialogue in resolving regional conflicts, minister says
- 12.02.201831 Turkish soldiers killed since Afrin op launched, military says
- 11.02.2018SBU detained an Azerbaijani citizen wanted by Interpol
- 11.02.2018The biggest problem of Ukraine is corruption – Poroshenko
- 10.02.2018Anti-racism protest after migrant shooting in Italy
- 02.01.2018Moldovan court suspends president's powers over minister refusal
- 02.01.2018Sweden defies US, NATO threats on UN nuclear ban treaty
- 03.01.2018Moldova’s speaker to sign decrees on ministers’ appointments instead of president
- 31.12.2017Turkey did not want visa crisis with US, says Erdogan
- 31.12.2017Hostages freed in Ukraine’s Kharkov, attacker arrested - president
- 30.12.2017Eleven people taken hostage in Ukraine’s Kharkov - police