More than 1,000 ceasefire agreements digned in Syria in 2017
More than 1,000 ceasefire agreements have been signed with Syrian towns and settlements in 2017, the Russian Center for Syrian Reconciliation said Saturday, APA reports quoting Sputnik.
"This year, more than 1,000 ceasefire agreements have been signed with towns and settlements. Leaders of illegal armed formations have signed 140 ceasefire application forms," the center said in a statement.
The main objects of socially significant infrastructure in Syria have been recovered in 2017, it added.
"Due to joint work of the Russian Centre and leadership of Syrian provinces, 88 medical establishments, 178 schools, 35 kindergartens, 152 water and electricity supply facilities have been recovered," the center said in a statement.
It also said that the further activities held by the Russian Centre for reconciliation of opposing sides would be aimed at reaching political settlement of the crisis and providing all-round assistance to Syrians.
Center for Syrian Reconciliation also reported that the number of UN humanitarian convoys delivering aid to de-escalation zones in Syria increased by 50 percent in the fourth quarter of 2017 compared to the third quarter.
"Number of UN humanitarian convoys delivering assistance in de-escalation zones has increased by 50% in comparison with the third quarter of 2017. Volumes of delivered humanitarian assistance have increased by 31% reaching more than 7,000 tons," the report said.
It is noted that since the beginning of 2017, the Center for Reconciliation had provided security to more than 140 UN convoys delivering 18,000 tonnes of humanitarian cargo.
The Center for Reconciliation itself has carried out 1,296 humanitarian actions in 2017, delivering over 2,000 tonnes of food, medicines and household items and providing medical care to 67,000 Syrians.
Related news releases
- 21.01.2018Rockets fired from Syria hit Turkish border city Kilis
- 21.01.2018China accuses US of violating maritime border in South China sea incident
- 21.01.2018Turkey informs UK, France, China on Afrin operation
- 20.01.2018Turkish aid body takes measures for civilians in Syria
- 20.01.2018Turkey’s bombers hit 108 targets of 113 designated in Syria’s Afrin - General Staff
- 20.01.2018Russian troops in Syria's Afrin moved to Tel Rifat
- 20.01.2018Hotel in Kabul comes under attack, hostages reportedly taken
- 20.01.2018Operation Olive Branch launched in Syria's Afrin to clear PKK, Daesh, Turkish military says
- 20.01.2018Turkish security forces hit PYD/PKK in Syria's Afrin
- 20.01.2018Rohingya refugee leaders draw up demands ahead of repatriation
- 20.01.2018Iran nuclear deal cannot survive if U.S. pulls out: Russia's Lavrov
- 19.01.20181,000 PYD/PKK terrorists deployed in Syria's Tal Abyad
- 19.01.2018Hezbollah accuses Israel of Sidon bombing
- 19.01.2018Pentagon training PYD/PKK-led ally as ‘hold force’
- 18.01.2018Bus catches fire in Kazakhstan, killing 52
- 18.01.2018Palestinian teen ordered held until end of Israeli military trial
- 18.01.2018North Korea rejects sanctions talk, ready for 'successful' Olympics: diplomat
- 17.01.2018Syria talks to be held in Vienna next week
- 17.01.2018North, South Korea to march together under one flag at Winter Olympics
- 17.01.2018Date set for Syrian National Dialogue Congress in Sochi
- 17.01.2018Iran’s President has called a top priority for the Islamic world
- 16.01.2018UN rapporteur on Myanmar to meet refugees in Bangladesh
- 16.01.2018PYD/PKK activities in Afrin seen from Turkish border
- 16.01.2018Japan apologizes for false North Korean missile alert
- 16.01.2018Militant ambush kills 5 paramilitary troops in Pakistan
- 16.01.2018Barzani's party to boycott election
- 15.01.2018North Korean orchestra to perform in South during Olympics amid easing tensions
- 15.01.2018Erdogan vows Turkey will crush 'terror army' in northern Syria
- 15.01.2018UAE says Qatari jet fighters intercepted civilian flights
- 14.01.2018Iraqi PM announces coalition for May election
- 14.01.2018South Korea and North Korea to hold working-level talks on January 15
- 14.01.20184 schoolchildren drown in India as boat capsizes
- 13.01.2018Turkish military convoy dispatched to Syrian border
- 13.01.2018Erdoğan says Turkey will clear border of YPG terrorists
- 13.01.2018Iran rejects Trump's call for changes to nuclear deal
- 13.01.2018Agenda of Nazarbayev-Trump talks revealed
- 13.01.2018Nearly 2,000 Palestinians clash with Israeli forces in Gaza, West Bank
- 12.01.2018Israel to close 7 diplomatic mission worldwide: Haaretz
- 12.01.2018Unidentified gunman kills 4 women in western Iran
- 11.01.2018Magnitude 4.7 earthquake hits western Iran
- 02.01.2018One of the leaders of the Iraqi Turkmen Front killed
- 02.01.2018Iran's security and stability depend on its own people, Javad Zarif
- 03.01.20187 FETO suspects held in northwestern Turkey
- 30.12.2017Syrian army liberates 8 settlements in North of Hama Province
- 30.12.2017Turkish court releases more than 40 FETO suspects
- 30.12.2017Protest demonstrations spread to Tehran