7 FETO suspects held in northwestern Turkey
At least seven suspects were arrested in northwestern Turkey on Tuesday for suspected links with the Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO), according to security officials, APA reports quoting Anadolu agency.
FETO and its U.S.-based leader Fetullah Gulen orchestrated the defeated coup attempt of July 15, 2016, which left 250 people martyred and nearly 2,200 injured.
The seven suspects were apprehended in a vehicle near northwestern Edirne province’s Havsa district by anti-trafficking teams, said the officials who refused to be named due to restriction on speaking to the media.
The suspects are accused of helping a terrorist organization, beings its member, and smuggling migrants.
Also, a heavy penal court in Black Sea province Rize sentenced a person to eight years and nine months in jail for “being a member of an armed terrorist organization”.
Related news releases
- 19.04.2018U.N. team fired upon in Syria while visiting suspected chemical sites
- 18.04.2018Peace treaty with North Korea possible following denuclearization
- 18.04.2018Iranian helicopter crashes into Persian Gulf
- 17.04.2018Putin, Merkel discuss Syria — Kremlin
- 14.04.2018Rouhani, Assad hold phone conversation
- 14.04.2018Ali Khamenei accuses US, France and Britain of crime
- 14.04.2018Iranian FM: US, British, French aggression on Syria breaches international laws
- 14.04.2018Israel: Strikes in Syria an 'important signal' to Iran, Syria and Hezbollah
- 14.04.2018Syrian air defenses shot down 13 missiles: state TV
- 14.04.2018Israel says Iranian drone it shot down in February was carrying explosives
- 13.04.2018Russia claims chemical attack in Syria was 'staged and directed by UK'
- 12.04.2018Turkish army neutralizes 3 PKK/PYD-YPG terrorists
- 12.04.2018At least 16 killed by bombing to the north of Baghdad
- 12.04.2018Russian MFA: Israeli air force’s missile strikes on Syria coincident with intensified activities of ISIS
- 12.04.2018Erdogan: Supporters of murderous Assad and PYD are mistaken
- 12.04.2018Israel warns Iran not to test its determination
- 11.04.2018Saudi-led coalition says it does not seek permanent Yemen presence
- 10.04.2018Seven Myanmar soldiers sentenced to 10 years for Rohingya massacre
- 10.04.2018Iraq to take "all necessary measures" to prevent IS attacks from Syria, PM says
- 10.04.2018Iran’s Zarif dismisses Trump’s Syria chemical attack comments
- 10.04.2018Erdogan: Perpetrators of E. Ghouta massacre to pay 'heavy price'
- 10.04.20184 Saudi soldiers die along Yemen's border
- 10.04.2018North Korea tells U.S. it is prepared to discuss denuclearization
- 10.04.2018As prince visits, Saudi Aramco to sign $10 billion of deals in France
- 10.04.2018Syria: 15 reported killed, 36 injured in Idlib blast
- 09.04.2018Russian military: no traces of chemical attack in Syria's Douma
- 09.04.201826 children dead as school bus falls into gorge in India
- 09.04.2018Syrian T-4 airfield hit by Israel’s F-15 jets – Russian Defense Ministry
- 08.04.2018Afghan air strike kills IS commander
- 07.04.2018US Embassy vehicle kills motorcyclist in Pakistan
- 07.04.2018China's state media says U.S. tariff action will be defeated
- 07.04.2018Russia says it will respond firmly to new U.S. sanctions
- 06.04.2018Saudi Arabia to dig canal along Qatar border
- 06.04.2018Israeli troops kill seven Palestinians on day of heightened Gaza border protests: medics
- 06.04.2018Iraqi security forces kill 3 Daesh terrorists in Diyala
- 06.04.2018Singapore police arrest flight passenger for bomb hoax
- 06.04.2018Iranian defense minister disbelieves Trump’s rhetoric on withdrawal from Syria
- 05.04.2018Turkey, Iran, Russia say will work for stability in Syria
- 05.04.2018Yemen's Houthis say they launched missile at Saudi Aramco storage tanks
- 05.04.2018Saudi Arabia expects no oil supply impact from Houthi tanker attack
- 03.01.2018North Korea to reopen border hotline with South
- 03.01.2018Turkish president stresses on peace, stability in Iran
- 03.01.2018Processions held against riots in different cities of Iran
- 02.01.2018Iran's security and stability depend on its own people, Javad Zarif
- 02.01.2018One of the leaders of the Iraqi Turkmen Front killed
- 31.12.2017More than 1,000 ceasefire agreements digned in Syria in 2017