Armenian parliament vice-speaker shows political illiteracy in every statement – Azerbaijani MFA
The vice-speaker of the Armenian Parliament, Eduard Sharmazanov, is apparently trying to follow the path of Armenian Deputy Foreign Minister Shavarsh Kocharyan in making absurd statements, Hikmat Hajiyev, spokesman for Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, told APA.
He was commenting on the recent statements by Eduard Sharmazanov.
In his every statement Sharmazanov demonstrates his legal and political illiteracy and that he is engaged in populism aimed at only a limited domestic audience, noted Hajiyev.
He recalled that according to the Alma-Ata Declaration (21 December 1991) on the establishment of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), Armenia and Azerbaijan, like the other former republics of the USRR, committed themselves to “recognize and respect the territorial integrity and inviolability of each other’s borders”.
“Armenia is now trying to deny this commitment. The Armenian propaganda machine, deliberately falsifying history again, distorts the protocol adopted at the meeting of the Caucasian Bureau of the Central Committee of Russia’s Communist Party on July 5, 1921. We would like to remind Sharmazanov and his colleagues that the protocol recognized Nagorno-Karabakh as part of the Azerbaijani SSR and granted a regional autonomy to Nagorno-Karabakh with Shusha being its administrative center,” said the Azerbaijani MFA spokesman.
Armenia’s claims against the Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan lack historical, legal, political and moral basis, stressed Hajiyev.
“The separatist regime created in the Armenian-occupied territories of Azerbaijan is simply a result of occupation, aggression and bloody ethnic cleansing. Sharmazanov and others like him should finally understand that the civilized world will never consider legitimate the situation created by the use of force,” said Hajiyev, adding that Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity and sovereignty within its internationally recognized borders.
Related news releases
- 25.04.2018Turkish president calls for settlement of Karabakh conflict in line with int’l law
- 25.04.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 95 times
- 24.04.2018Andrew Schofer: U.S. continues to strongly support negotiated settlement to Karabakh conflict
- 24.04.2018DNA samples being taken from family members of those reported missing in Karabakh conflict – State Commission
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan says ready to continue Karabakh talks with sensible political forces in Armenia
- 24.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 97 times
- 20.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.04.2018Karabakh conflict should be resolved through negotiations, compromises
- 19.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Jojug Marjanli has become symbol of our revival
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Let world know that not only Karabakh but also present-day Armenia is historical Azerbaijani land
- 18.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2018Prosecutor General Zakir Garalov appeals to Russian counterpart over anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Izvestia newspaper
- 16.04.2018Russian newspaper Izvestiya commits provocation against Azerbaijan
- 13.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2018Yemeni blogger apologizes for illegal trip to Karabakh, escapes Azerbaijan's "black list"
- 09.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Legal framework created for settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 09.04.2018Ariel Cohen: Sides will eventually understand importance of settling Karabakh conflict on basis of UNSC decisions
- 08.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 86 times
- 06.04.2018Italy’s OSCE Chairmanship says not keen on creating new formats for Karabakh talks
- 06.04.2018OSCE hopes meeting between Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents could soon take place
- 06.04.2018Syria’s UN envoy comments on reports on deployment of terrorists from Syria in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 06.04.2018Another ceasefire violation from Armenia
- 05.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The main reason for the unsettledness of the Karabakh problem is that Armenia does not want to change the status quo"
- 05.04.2018Nothing being done to implement decisions on Karabakh problem – Turkish FM
- 05.04.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict will never be accepted – FM Mammadyarov
- 05.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.04.2018Minsk Group format shows co-op possible for sake of European security: OSCE Sec-Gen
- 04.04.2018Azerbaijan to present note of protest to France
- 04.04.2018Former Nagorno-Karabakh commandant: ‘All illegal armed groups were disarmed during my time’
- 04.04.2018Washington Times publishes article by Azerbaijani ambassador on 25th anniversary of occupation of Kalbajar
- 04.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.04.2018Russia to grant Armenia interest-free loan for purchase of Iskander missile systems – report
- 03.04.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.04.2018Indian gov’t has nothing to do with exhibition organized in Khankendi – embassy
- 02.04.2018Azerbaijani MFA spokesman issues statement on occupation of Kalbajar region and April escalation of 2016
- 02.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,100 times in March
- 02.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 105 times
- 31.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 140 times
- 02.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 119 times
- 29.12.2017Date set for next meeting of Sub-Committee on Conflicts between Council of Europe member states
- 28.12.2017Baku: Expansion of Kasprzyk’s office should be conducted in parallel with substantive Karabakh talks
- 28.12.2017Baku says there was revival in Karabakh talks in second half of 2017