Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan, Iran, Turkey will vote for Palestine-Israel resolution in UN
Azerbaijan, Iran and Turkey will vote in the UN for a resolution on the Palestinian-Israeli issue, said Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov.
He made the remarks at a joint press conference with his Iranian and Turkish counterparts in Baku on Wednesday, APA reports.
The fifth trilateral meeting of Foreign Ministers of Azerbaijan, Iran and Turkey, Elmar Mammadyarov, Mohammad Javad Zarif and Mevlut Cavusoglu took place in Baku on Dec. 20.
“We discussed the Palestinian-Israeli issue at the trilateral meeting. We stated that the recognition by the U.S. of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel is unacceptable,” said Mammadyarov.
The Azerbaijani minister said that the UN General Assembly will adopt a draft resolution on this issue on Dec. 21.
“Azerbaijan, Iran and Turkey will vote for the draft resolution,” stressed Mammadyarov.
“President Ilham Aliyev expressed Azerbaijan’s position on this issue at the OIC summit in Istanbul, calling on the U.S. to reconsider its decision on Jerusalem. The position of Azerbaijan coincides with that of the international community on the principle of a two-state solution,” Mammadyarov added.
Related news releases
- 23.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Royal Philips CEO
- 22.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with founder of BlackRock in Davos
- 22.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with vice president of Chevron Corporation
- 22.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with LUKOIL president in Davos
- 22.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with President of the World Economic Forum in Davos - UPDATED
- 22.01.2018Council of Europe Sec. Gen. positively assesses measures taken in Azerbaijan to humanize penalties
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijani-Korean inter-parliamentary working group to visit Baku
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijani MP elected PACE vice-president
- 22.01.2018Michele Nicoletti elected new PACE President
- 22.01.2018PACE winter session kicks off today
- 20.01.2018Working group on Caspian legal status to meet in February
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Georgia to hold talks on border delimitation
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Russia to discuss state border demarcation
- 19.01.2018PACE Sub-Committee on Conflicts to be reconstituted
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend PACE winter session
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Uzbek counterpart
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 20.12.2017Turkey to host next meeting of Azerbaijani, Iranian and Turkish FMs
- 20.12.2017Turkey aims to end chaos in Syria, restore peace and stability therein – Cavusoglu
- 20.12.2017Turkey signed Zurich protocols with Armenia on certain conditions – FM
- 20.12.2017Joint statement signed at trilateral meeting of Azerbaijani, Iranian, Turkish FMs - UPDATED
- 20.12.2017Turkish PM to visit Azerbaijan's Nakhchivan
- 20.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives CEO of Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations - UPDATED