Azerbaijani president’s visit to Brussels is one of significant events of 2017 – PA
At present, the struggle for certain interests in the world puts the states in a difficult situation, said Novruz Mammadov, the assistant to the Azerbaijani president for foreign policy issues, head of department, APA reports.
“However, this year has been one of the most successful years for Azerbaijan. The president declared 2017 as Year of Islamic Solidarity in Azerbaijan. Islam solidarity and dialogue among civilizations are connected. Azerbaijan has taken a number of steps in this direction. Conferences, seminars and forums have been held and attended by high-level representatives from around the world. This is due to the fact that Azerbaijan resolved other issues and contributed to them within the country. This is an example to contribute to stability and security in international relations,” he said.
Mammadov pointed out the opening of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway as one of the biggest events of 2017.
“This is an important component of the Great Silk Road which connects East and West, and a project that guarantees stability and security and contributes to international cooperation for Azerbaijan. I can proudly say that Azerbaijan has fulfilled this project,” he noted.
Mammadov stressed the Azerbaijani president’s visit to Brussels is one of the significant events of 2017.
“A preparation of a new document on cooperation between the EU and Azerbaijan has been launched in Brussels. An agreement on certain provisions has been reached. This is a great event,” he added.
Related news releases
- 22.01.2018Michele Nicoletti elected new PACE President
- 22.01.2018PACE winter session kicks off today
- 20.01.2018Working group on Caspian legal status to meet in February
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Georgia to hold talks on border delimitation
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Russia to discuss state border demarcation
- 19.01.2018PACE Sub-Committee on Conflicts to be reconstituted
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend PACE winter session
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Uzbek counterpart
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 23.12.2017Baku hosts international symposium titled "The future of the region: Geopolitical challenges and perspectives"
- 25.12.2017Isaczai: UN very pleased to be cooperating with Azerbaijan
- 25.12.2017Mongolian president congratulates President Ilham Aliyev on his birthday
- 23.12.2017Top official: Azerbaijan will respond against any possible threats
- 23.12.2017Official: EU realized that there is no guarantee for stability in other countries without recognition of territorial integrity of states
- 23.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Georgian vice prime minister