Ilham Aliyev: Stability will be lasting in Azerbaijan
Stability will be lasting in Azerbaijan, and no country can develop while unstable, said Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev.
The president made the remarks at a ceremony marking the 25th anniversary of creation of the New Azerbaijan Party on Tuesday, APA reported.
“Today we see that there are no investments or social well-being in various parts of the world where stability is disturbed. Generally, such countries face a bitter fate. It is the people of Azerbaijan that guarantees our stability and it is the unity of the people and government that allows us to plan our long-term development strategy. As a result, Azerbaijan receives billions of dollars of foreign investment and the people of Azerbaijan live in relaxed, tranquil and secure conditions. That's why we should continue to work in a way so that Azerbaijan keeps on developing. I don’t doubt that social and political stability will prevail in Azerbaijan," said Ilham Aliyev.
The head of state noted that all freedoms will continue to be ensured in Azerbaijan.
"We are building a democratic society. The establishment of the New Azerbaijan Party was a manifestation of democracy. Nevertheless, the APF-Musavat couple, which had occupied power in a coup d'etat, was ready to take the most antidemocratic steps to come in the party’s way. However, the New Azerbaijan Party made a great contribution to the creation of a political system in the country at that time. Today we are on the path to democracy,” he said.
The president noted that all freedoms – freedom of assembly, freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, freedom of assembly – are fully provided in Azerbaijan.
“But a group calling itself opposition and trying to use the freedom of assembly believes that some artificial barriers are being imposed on them. However, this is absolutely not the case. They should look for the reasons for those failed rallies in themselves. The people have long said “no” to those elements. They have no place in the political arena of Azerbaijan. It's not because we are hindering them, but because they are doomed to failure,” said the president.
“Their non-constructive actions and aggressive behavior increase tenfold the people’s hatred towards them. Especially it is impossible to hide something in present, in the internet century. The people of Azerbaijan know very well that today a group calling itself opposition is ruled out from abroad. They are given commands from abroad. As a result of those commands, they take an action and become active for a certain period of time. Then, when they see that less than a thousand people come to rallies, they make leeway. This once again shows that the Azerbaijani people will never allow the elements ruled out from abroad, the fifth column, to have certain positions in our country. The methodology is very simple, very easy. A lie is fabricated, and a slander campaign is given abroad. Then, this lie and slander is disseminated in foreign press. Later, on the basis of this, a certain stir - I would not call this revival - is observed. This stir shows itself in a few rallies. As always, the last rally is frustrating for its organizers, and the issue ends. In other words, today, the group which wants to take political struggle in this form - they can not be called force – does not take a lesson from anything. Time changes, people change, Azerbaijan is changing, methods of political struggle change, but they still want to live with old thinking and spend their trivial lives on these issues,” added the president.
Related news releases
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani Presidential Administration head urges end to corruption in State Migration Service
- 24.04.2018New head of Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Refugees and IDPs introduced to staff
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament ratifies law on insolvency
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves ombudsperson’s annual report - UPDATED
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves amendments to Constitution of Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic
- 24.04.2018Suspects in Toronto van attack identified
- 23.04.2018Ministers and chairmen of committees appointed to the new government of Azerbaijan
- 23.04.2018Chairman of Azerbaijan State Tourism Agency appointed
- 23.04.2018New appointments made for vacant posts in Cabinet of Ministers - UPDATED
- 23.04.2018Ali Hasanov: US State Department's attitude to situation in Azerbaijan is biased as always
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: 44 out of 55 political parties submitted annual financial reports
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani Interior Ministry confirms detention of ex-MP Huseyn Abdullayev
- 21.04.2018Rovshan Rzayev appointed head of State Committee for Refugees and IDPs
- 21.04.2018Samir Nuriyev to head Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Urban Planning and Architecture
- 21.04.2018Inam Karimov appointed Azerbaijan’s minister of agriculture
- 21.04.2018No appointments for some posts in new gov’t, some officials remain in place - LIST
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov relieved of his duties Assistant to the Azerbaijani President for Foreign Policy Issues – head of department
- 21.04.2018Abid Sharifov, Elchin Afandiyev, Ismat Abasov relieved of their duties
- 21.04.2018Sahil Babayev named Azerbaijan’s new minister of labor and social protection of population
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev approves new composition of Cabinet of Ministers
- 21.04.2018Hajibala Abutalibov relieved of his duties as Baku mayor
- 21.04.2018Organizations which fail to abide by rules during emergencies to be closed until the situation ends
- 21.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints Novruz Mammadov as PM
- 21.04.2018Biography of Azerbaijan’s new Prime Minister Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov: I will do my best to fulfill tasks set by Azerbaijani president
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov expresses gratitude to Azerbaijani president for confidence in him
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM - UPDATED
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament considering Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev expresses gratitude to Artur Rasizade for his activity as PM
- 21.04.2018President of the Council of State of the Republic of Cuba congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 21.04.2018Total CEO congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism divided into two structures
- 20.04.2018Ali Hasanov awarded Order "For Service to Motherland"
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to consider approval of new PM on April 21 - UPDATED
- 19.04.2018NATO issues statement on Gerasimov-Scaparrotti meeting in Baku
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss ombudsperson's annual report on April 24
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Only countries with strong economy can pursue independent policy
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Fight against corruption and bribery will continue in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Efforts for democratic development in Azerbaijan to be intensified
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Armenian leadership fails to understand that destroyed mosques will live in our hearts
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan reveals rules for treatment of released drug addict prisoners
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft law on prevention of international crimes
- 15.11.2017Deputy Chairman of the Supreme Majlis of Nakhchivan AR dismissed
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan now stronger than ever
- 14.11.2017President: Establishment of YAP was a turning point in history of modern Azerbaijani statehood
- 14.11.2017New assistant of Azerbaijan's first VP appointed