SOFAZ gets 2.07% rise in assets
SOFAZ told APA-Economics that the budget revenues for the period of January-March, 2014 reached 3,005.0 million manats, while budget expenditures constituted 2,443.3 million manats.
Revenue of 3,006.8 mln. manats was received from the implementation of oil and gas agreements, including 2,991.2 mln. manats from the sale of profit oil and gas, 2.3 mln. manats as transit payments, 13.3 mln. manats as bonus payments.
As per January-March 2014 budget of the Fund, 2,342.6 mln. manats were transferred to the state budget. The expenditures in the amount of 70.1 mln. manats were directed to financing the improvement of social-economic condition of refugees and internally displaced persons, 5.6 mln. manats were used for financing the reconstruction of the Samur-Absheron irrigation system. 5.1 mln. manats were directed to financing Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway construction and 3.0 mln. manats were directed to financing "The state program on the education of Azerbaijan youth abroad in the years 2007-2015". The Fund's administrative and operational expenses for the reporting period were 16.9 mln. manats.
During the first quarter of the year, the value of SOFAZ’s equity portfolio decreased due to events which took place in Ukraine. Despite the income from different investments the losses from managing assets of the Fund for January-March 2014 amounted to 1.8 mln. manats. In the following months as a result of stabilization and growth in the prices of equities of Russian companies, revenues from managing assets of the Fund for the period January - May 15, 2014 totaled to 87.8 million manats.
The Fund's extra-budgetary revenues related to the revaluation of foreign exchange totalled 10.1 million manats. SOFAZ’s extra-budgetary revenues related to price changes of gold amounted to 60.8 million manats while extra-budgetary expenses related to price changes of USD, EURO, GBP and other currencies totalled 50.7 million manats.
The assets of SOFAZ as of April 1, 2014 has grown by 2.07% compared to the beginning of 2014 (USD 35,877.5 mln.) and stood at USD 36,618.4 mln.
Starting from the first quarter of 2012 the Oil Fund has begun purchase of gold and the amount of purchased gold as of April 1, 2014 was 30 tons 175 kg (970,146 ounces).
Related news releases
- 13.10.2015IBAR continues to make staff changes
- 13.10.2015Elman Rustamov says banks have restructured about 110,000 loans since early 2015
- 13.10.2015Central Bank: Stress-tests show that the banking sector preserved its paying capacity even in the most pessimist scenario
- 13.10.2015About AZN 19 bln to be invested in Azerbaijan next year
- 13.10.2015Elman Rustamov: Average annual inflation will remain at one-digit level by the year-end
- 13.10.2015Central Bank researching issues on switching to quick exchange rate policy
- 13.10.2015Elman Rustamov: Trade, exchange rate and currency wars have become strained
- 13.10.2015Minister: Existing risks in world economy were analyzed
- 13.10.2015Samir Sharifov: “Budgetary and fiscal measures have been taken to reduce external negative impacts on country’s economy”
- 13.10.2015PASHA Life gets 34% growth in premiums
- 13.10.2015Ogtay Asadov: “Some investment projects have been postponed”
- 13.10.2015IBAR makes staff changes
- 13.10.2015USD rises, Euro falls in Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2015IBAR’s islamic banking department abolished – EXCLUSIVE
- 12.10.2015Astara and Bilasuvar border checkpoints to operate 24 hours
- 12.10.2015Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for investments in securities
- 12.10.201584% of loans allocated in Azerbaijan fall to share of Baku - ANALYSIS
- 12.10.2015Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for number of plastic credit cards
- 12.10.2015Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for foreign liabilities
- 12.10.2015US dollar drops, euro rises in Azerbaijan
- 09.10.2015Azerbaijan sees decline in cash in circulation
- 09.10.2015USD, Rouble fall, Euro rises in August in Azerbaijan
- 09.10.2015Azerbaijan sees decline in mortgage loans
- 09.10.2015Number of borrowers increases in Azerbaijan - ANALYSIS
- 09.10.201575% of bank deposits in foreign currency in Azerbaijan
- 09.10.2015Central Bank: Troubled loans increase 42% year-on-year, 3% in August
- 09.10.2015Central Bank says global challenges also touch on Azerbaijan’s economy
- 09.10.2015US dollar drops, euro rises in Azerbaijan
- 08.10.2015Azerbaijan-based banks see growth in foreign liabilities
- 08.10.2015Azerbaijan sees decline in M3 Board of money supply
- 08.10.2015Central Bank’s international reserves sharply declining
- 08.10.2015Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for number of debit cards
- 08.10.2015Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for term deposits
- 08.10.2015Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for demand deposits
- 08.10.2015Central Bank of Azerbaijan blacklists six more persons over Al-Qaida
- 08.10.2015Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for loans allocated for up to 12 months
- 08.10.2015Ministry of Taxes fulfils forecast on budget transfers by 100.5%
- 08.10.2015USD rises, Euro falls in Azerbaijan
- 07.10.2015AZN 27 mln. to be spent for maintenance of SSPF next year
- 07.10.2015Azerbaijan to increase subsistence minimum, keep need criteria unchanged next year