SOFAZ gets 2.07% rise in assets
SOFAZ told APA-Economics that the budget revenues for the period of January-March, 2014 reached 3,005.0 million manats, while budget expenditures constituted 2,443.3 million manats.
Revenue of 3,006.8 mln. manats was received from the implementation of oil and gas agreements, including 2,991.2 mln. manats from the sale of profit oil and gas, 2.3 mln. manats as transit payments, 13.3 mln. manats as bonus payments.
As per January-March 2014 budget of the Fund, 2,342.6 mln. manats were transferred to the state budget. The expenditures in the amount of 70.1 mln. manats were directed to financing the improvement of social-economic condition of refugees and internally displaced persons, 5.6 mln. manats were used for financing the reconstruction of the Samur-Absheron irrigation system. 5.1 mln. manats were directed to financing Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway construction and 3.0 mln. manats were directed to financing "The state program on the education of Azerbaijan youth abroad in the years 2007-2015". The Fund's administrative and operational expenses for the reporting period were 16.9 mln. manats.
During the first quarter of the year, the value of SOFAZ’s equity portfolio decreased due to events which took place in Ukraine. Despite the income from different investments the losses from managing assets of the Fund for January-March 2014 amounted to 1.8 mln. manats. In the following months as a result of stabilization and growth in the prices of equities of Russian companies, revenues from managing assets of the Fund for the period January - May 15, 2014 totaled to 87.8 million manats.
The Fund's extra-budgetary revenues related to the revaluation of foreign exchange totalled 10.1 million manats. SOFAZ’s extra-budgetary revenues related to price changes of gold amounted to 60.8 million manats while extra-budgetary expenses related to price changes of USD, EURO, GBP and other currencies totalled 50.7 million manats.
The assets of SOFAZ as of April 1, 2014 has grown by 2.07% compared to the beginning of 2014 (USD 35,877.5 mln.) and stood at USD 36,618.4 mln.
Starting from the first quarter of 2012 the Oil Fund has begun purchase of gold and the amount of purchased gold as of April 1, 2014 was 30 tons 175 kg (970,146 ounces).
Related news releases
- 27.11.2015Euro drops in Azerbaijan
- 26.11.2015USD rises, Euro falls in Azerbaijan
- 25.11.2015Azerbaijan triples upper limit of internal public debt
- 25.11.2015USD falls, Euro rises in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2015Azerbaijan, Russia to discuss problems in customs checkpoints
- 24.11.2015Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital
- 24.11.2015Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for profit
- 24.11.2015Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital
- 24.11.2015US dollar falls in Azerbaijan
- 23.11.2015Bank VTB Azerbaijan starts government mortgage lending
- 23.11.2015Unicapital increases authorized capital
- 23.11.2015Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for assets
- 23.11.2015AGBank attracts subordinated loan
- 23.11.2015Loans given to legal entities and individuals in Nakhchivan increase 40%
- 23.11.2015CDB opens branch in one of Azerbaijan northern regions
- 23.11.2015Insurance premiums rise 2% in Nakhchivan
- 23.11.2015US dollar rises in Azerbaijan
- 20.11.2015Bank Respublika ends third quarter with AZN 2.3 mln-loss
- 20.11.2015SOCAR Trading seals first revolving credit facility
- 20.11.2015US dollar remains unchanged in Azerbaijan
- 19.11.2015Arguments for and against probability of next devaluation - ANALYSIS
- 19.11.2015Azerbaijan sees 16% rise in life insurance market
- 19.11.2015Chingiz Asadullayev increases equity in AGBank
- 19.11.2015SOFAZ gold reserves to be stored at its own building
- 19.11.201562% of insurance market in Azerbaijan formed voluntarily
- 19.11.2015Azerbaijan sees 6.5% rise in insurance market
- 19.11.2015USD falls, Euro rises in Azerbaijan
- 18.11.2015Bank Standard gets 4.5% rise in assets
- 18.11.2015Azerbaijan’s foreign trade operations exceed $17 bln
- 18.11.2015Azerbaijan halves car import
- 18.11.2015Bank Respublika’s troubled loans make 11% of loan portfolio
- 18.11.2015Director of Azerbaijani construction company replaced
- 18.11.2015Azerbaijan sees rise in budgetary transfers through customs authorities
- 18.11.2015German oil & gas company shuts down branch in Azerbaijan
- 18.11.2015USD rises, Euro drops in Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2015Average monthly salary reaches AZN 461 in Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2015Average exchange rate of manat for October announced
- 17.11.2015Over AZN 13 bln invested in fixed capital during nine months
- 17.11.2015Central Bank says inter-bank settlements not affected by internet problem
- 17.11.2015Azerbaijan sees 3.3% rise in GDP