SOFAZ told APA-Economics that the budget revenues for the period of January-March, 2014 reached 3,005.0 million manats, while budget expenditures constituted 2,443.3 million manats.
Revenue of 3,006.8 mln. manats was received from the implementation of oil and gas agreements, including 2,991.2 mln. manats from the sale of profit oil and gas, 2.3 mln. manats as transit payments, 13.3 mln. manats as bonus payments.
As per January-March 2014 budget of the Fund, 2,342.6 mln. manats were transferred to the state budget. The expenditures in the amount of 70.1 mln. manats were directed to financing the improvement of social-economic condition of refugees and internally displaced persons, 5.6 mln. manats were used for financing the reconstruction of the Samur-Absheron irrigation system. 5.1 mln. manats were directed to financing Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway construction and 3.0 mln. manats were directed to financing "The state program on the education of Azerbaijan youth abroad in the years 2007-2015". The Fund's administrative and operational expenses for the reporting period were 16.9 mln. manats.
During the first quarter of the year, the value of SOFAZ’s equity portfolio decreased due to events which took place in Ukraine. Despite the income from different investments the losses from managing assets of the Fund for January-March 2014 amounted to 1.8 mln. manats. In the following months as a result of stabilization and growth in the prices of equities of Russian companies, revenues from managing assets of the Fund for the period January - May 15, 2014 totaled to 87.8 million manats.
The Fund's extra-budgetary revenues related to the revaluation of foreign exchange totalled 10.1 million manats. SOFAZ’s extra-budgetary revenues related to price changes of gold amounted to 60.8 million manats while extra-budgetary expenses related to price changes of USD, EURO, GBP and other currencies totalled 50.7 million manats.
The assets of SOFAZ as of April 1, 2014 has grown by 2.07% compared to the beginning of 2014 (USD 35,877.5 mln.) and stood at USD 36,618.4 mln.
Starting from the first quarter of 2012 the Oil Fund has begun purchase of gold and the amount of purchased gold as of April 1, 2014 was 30 tons 175 kg (970,146 ounces).
- 24/10/2014 AtaHolding increases authorized capital
- 24/10/2014 Bank VTB (Azerbaijan) gets rise in assets
- 24/10/2014 IBA sees 22% rise in assets
- 24/10/2014 Azerbaijan Parliament to start discussion of draft state budget 2015 on November 4
- 24/10/2014 TuranBank attracts $5 million from abroad
- 24/10/2014 AccessBank increases troubled loans 2.5 times
- 24/10/2014 Expressbank sees 12% rise in assets
- 23/10/2014 PASHA Life Insurance gets rise in assets
- 23/10/2014 Amrahbank launches branch in Goranboy
- 23/10/2014 IBA increases investment portfolio on Islamic banking 1.5 times
- 23/10/2014 Zaminbank gets rise in assets
- 23/10/2014 Parabank increases authorized capital
- 23/10/2014 WB allocates $300 mln to Azerbaijan
- 23/10/2014 Kavkaz Development Bank gets 14.5% rise in assets
- 22/10/2014 Azer-Turk Bank gets profit in third quarter
- 22/10/2014 New security bag introduced to Azerbaijan’s market
- 22/10/2014 Rabitabank sees rise in personal savings
- 22/10/2014 IBA clients prefer to place deposits in manat
- 21/10/2014 Azerbaijan, IMF hold consultations
- 21/10/2014 Bank of Baku sees 57% rise in overdue credits
- 21/10/2014 Xalg Bank gets loss in third quarter
- 20/10/2014 Atrabank gets rise in authorized capital
- 20/10/2014 New chairman appointed to Management Board at “Rabitabank
- 20/10/2014 Dekabank increases authorized capital
- 20/10/2014 Azer-turk Bank increases authorized capital
- 20/10/2014 International Bank of Azerbaijan increases number of POS-terminals 71%
- 20/10/2014 A.M. Best assigns ratings to AzRe reinsurance
- 20/10/2014 IMF starts staff visit mission to Baku
- 17/10/2014 Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for share of insurance premiums
- 17/10/2014 Expressbank gets 22.5% rise in assets
- 17/10/2014 Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for share of insurance payments
- 17/10/2014 Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments growth rate
- 17/10/2014 Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 17/10/2014 Azerbaijan gets 9.4% growth in retail trade turnover
- 17/10/2014 Azerbaijan sees 6% decline in non-life insurance market
- 17/10/2014 Ateshgah Life heads insurance market for payments
- 17/10/2014 AZN 40 mln to be allocated to Agrolizing from 2015 state budget
- 17/10/2014 IBA increases assets 22%
- 17/10/2014 AZN 5 mln to be allocated to State Agency for Agricultural Credits from 2015 state budget
- 17/10/2014 Payments in life insurance rise 8 times