SOFAZ told APA-Economics that the budget revenues for the period of January-March, 2014 reached 3,005.0 million manats, while budget expenditures constituted 2,443.3 million manats.
Revenue of 3,006.8 mln. manats was received from the implementation of oil and gas agreements, including 2,991.2 mln. manats from the sale of profit oil and gas, 2.3 mln. manats as transit payments, 13.3 mln. manats as bonus payments.
As per January-March 2014 budget of the Fund, 2,342.6 mln. manats were transferred to the state budget. The expenditures in the amount of 70.1 mln. manats were directed to financing the improvement of social-economic condition of refugees and internally displaced persons, 5.6 mln. manats were used for financing the reconstruction of the Samur-Absheron irrigation system. 5.1 mln. manats were directed to financing Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway construction and 3.0 mln. manats were directed to financing "The state program on the education of Azerbaijan youth abroad in the years 2007-2015". The Fund's administrative and operational expenses for the reporting period were 16.9 mln. manats.
During the first quarter of the year, the value of SOFAZ’s equity portfolio decreased due to events which took place in Ukraine. Despite the income from different investments the losses from managing assets of the Fund for January-March 2014 amounted to 1.8 mln. manats. In the following months as a result of stabilization and growth in the prices of equities of Russian companies, revenues from managing assets of the Fund for the period January - May 15, 2014 totaled to 87.8 million manats.
The Fund's extra-budgetary revenues related to the revaluation of foreign exchange totalled 10.1 million manats. SOFAZ’s extra-budgetary revenues related to price changes of gold amounted to 60.8 million manats while extra-budgetary expenses related to price changes of USD, EURO, GBP and other currencies totalled 50.7 million manats.
The assets of SOFAZ as of April 1, 2014 has grown by 2.07% compared to the beginning of 2014 (USD 35,877.5 mln.) and stood at USD 36,618.4 mln.
Starting from the first quarter of 2012 the Oil Fund has begun purchase of gold and the amount of purchased gold as of April 1, 2014 was 30 tons 175 kg (970,146 ounces).
- 26/02/2015 ADIF: All deposits with up to 12% placed in banks after August 1, 2013 are insured deposits
- 26/02/2015 All pensioners to get pensions of March till Novruz holiday in Azerbaijan
- 26/02/2015 SSPF chairman: “If exchange rate fluctuation will have any impact on the consumption basket, it will be taken into account in the pension amounts”
- 26/02/2015 USD falls, Euro rises
- 25/02/2015 GDP rises 2% in Nakhchivan
- 25/02/2015 USD and Euro continue to rise
- 24/02/2015 Azerbaijan increases maximum limit of interest rates on insured deposits to 12% from 9%
- 24/02/2015 Central Bank cancels licences of 10 currency exchange points of 6 banks
- 24/02/2015 USD rises, Euro falls in Azerbaijan
- 23/02/2015 Over 80% of insurance market in Azerbaijan formed voluntarily
- 23/02/2015 Pasha Insurance heads insurance market for payments
- 23/02/2015 Azerbaijan increases premiums 40%, payments over 30% in life insurance market
- 23/02/2015 Casco insurance continues to fall in Azerbaijan
- 23/02/2015 Azerbaijan-based 14 insurers increase premiums, 12 - decrease
- 23/02/2015 Azerbaijan increases premiums and payments 14% and 36% in non-life insurance
- 23/02/2015 Azerbaijan sees 3% rise in insurance market
- 23/02/2015 Central Bank: Official rate of dollar to manat (AZN) will be $1 / 1.05 AZN till February 24
- 22/02/2015 Some commercial banks in Azerbaijan presented exchange rates
- 21/02/2015 Ministry: Control tightened to prevent artificially high prices due to change in Manat exchange rate
- 21/02/2015 Euro exchange rate in Azerbaijan soars to 1.1950 manat
- 21/02/2015 Dollar exchange rate in Azerbaijan rises to 1.05 manat - UPDATED
- 20/02/2015 Catering turnover rises about 15% in Azerbaijan
- 20/02/2015 Azerbaijan gets about 10% rise in consumer market
- 20/02/2015 Exchange rate of manat against USD falls
- 19/02/2015 MP: “No serious decline will be observed in exchange rate of manat this year”
- 19/02/2015 USD, Euro continue to go up in Azerbaijan
- 18/02/2015 Azerbaijan foreign trade operations reach $2 bln in January
- 18/02/2015 Azerbaijan sees 7% rise in budget transfers from customs agencies in 2014
- 18/02/2015 Bank of Baku gets over AZN 50 mln profit in 2014
- 18/02/2015 Azerbaijan’s external public debt/GDP ratio makes 8.6%
- 18/02/2015 Azerbaijan’s manat falls 0.09% in last three days
- 18/02/2015 The central bank ordered commercial banks in connection with full conversion of deposits
- 17/02/2015 Chairman of the Central Bank: "There is no reason for a sharp devaluation in Azerbaijan"
- 17/02/2015 Elman Rustamov: “There is no any factor for long-term weakening of manat”
- 17/02/2015 ADB: Change of Azerbaijan’s exchange rate policy will influence our forecasts
- 17/02/2015 IBA-Georgia gets rise in assets
- 17/02/2015 Azerbaijan’s manat falls 0.06% in last two days
- 16/02/2015 Azerbaijan’s manat starts to go down compared to dollar
- 16/02/2015 Unibank gets AZN 40 mln profit last year
- 16/02/2015 Azerbaijan switches to targeting of currency basket value from targeting of bilateral exchange rate