SOFAZ gets 2.07% rise in assets
SOFAZ told APA-Economics that the budget revenues for the period of January-March, 2014 reached 3,005.0 million manats, while budget expenditures constituted 2,443.3 million manats.
Revenue of 3,006.8 mln. manats was received from the implementation of oil and gas agreements, including 2,991.2 mln. manats from the sale of profit oil and gas, 2.3 mln. manats as transit payments, 13.3 mln. manats as bonus payments.
As per January-March 2014 budget of the Fund, 2,342.6 mln. manats were transferred to the state budget. The expenditures in the amount of 70.1 mln. manats were directed to financing the improvement of social-economic condition of refugees and internally displaced persons, 5.6 mln. manats were used for financing the reconstruction of the Samur-Absheron irrigation system. 5.1 mln. manats were directed to financing Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway construction and 3.0 mln. manats were directed to financing "The state program on the education of Azerbaijan youth abroad in the years 2007-2015". The Fund's administrative and operational expenses for the reporting period were 16.9 mln. manats.
During the first quarter of the year, the value of SOFAZ’s equity portfolio decreased due to events which took place in Ukraine. Despite the income from different investments the losses from managing assets of the Fund for January-March 2014 amounted to 1.8 mln. manats. In the following months as a result of stabilization and growth in the prices of equities of Russian companies, revenues from managing assets of the Fund for the period January - May 15, 2014 totaled to 87.8 million manats.
The Fund's extra-budgetary revenues related to the revaluation of foreign exchange totalled 10.1 million manats. SOFAZ’s extra-budgetary revenues related to price changes of gold amounted to 60.8 million manats while extra-budgetary expenses related to price changes of USD, EURO, GBP and other currencies totalled 50.7 million manats.
The assets of SOFAZ as of April 1, 2014 has grown by 2.07% compared to the beginning of 2014 (USD 35,877.5 mln.) and stood at USD 36,618.4 mln.
Starting from the first quarter of 2012 the Oil Fund has begun purchase of gold and the amount of purchased gold as of April 1, 2014 was 30 tons 175 kg (970,146 ounces).
Related news releases
- 24.05.2016Moody’s: Several Azerbaijani banks with B3 rating have high risk of default
- 24.05.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for interest expenditures
- 24.05.2016Azercredit does not fulfil dividend forecast
- 24.05.2016Moody’s points out conditions for restoration of confidence in manat
- 24.05.2016Baku hosting Moody’s Annual Credit Risk Conference
- 24.05.2016Azerbaijani government will provide support to banking sector - Moody’s
- 24.05.2016AZN 500M of guaranteed loans provided by Central Bank to state organizations are overdue
- 24.05.2016Azerbaijan Investment Company did not pay dividends in last two years
- 23.05.2016IBA triples bad assets
- 23.05.2016Azerbaijani people see 24% decline saving
- 23.05.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for consumer lending
- 23.05.2016National Nuclear Research Centre sharply increases authorized capital
- 23.05.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for mortgage lending
- 20.05.2016SOFAZ Executive Director meets with IMF delegation
- 20.05.2016Xalg Insurance ends Q1 on loss
- 20.05.2016Bank Eurasia gets profit in January-April
- 20.05.2016IBA’s troubled loans increased due to devaluation - minister
- 20.05.20162016 budget won’t be revised – finance minister
- 20.05.2016Despite oil price decline cut down on revenues, economic reforms helped reduce serious risks – Azerbaijani President
- 20.05.2016About AZN 3B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital in 2016
- 20.05.2016Fed’s Lacker sees strong June rate-hike case
- 20.05.2016Insurance premiums rise 1% in Nakhchivan
- 19.05.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for revenues
- 19.05.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital
- 19.05.2016FRS considers rise of USD rate possible in June
- 18.05.2016New director-general appointed to Demirbank
- 18.05.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital
- 18.05.2016Initial draft of 2017 state budget submitted to Cabinet of Ministers - EXCLUSIVE
- 18.05.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for expenditures
- 18.05.2016PwC conducts audit in CDB Bank
- 18.05.2016EU invested $20B in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital in last decade - minister
- 18.05.2016Baku hosting Azerbaijan-EU business forum
- 18.05.2016Unileasing ends 2015 on loss
- 17.05.2016Azerbaijani population spends AZN 372M on loan interests
- 17.05.2016Average manat rate in April announced
- 17.05.2016State budget fulfilled in surplus in January-April
- 17.05.2016Average monthly salary reaches AZN 486 in Azerbaijan
- 17.05.2016AZN 4.291B invested in fixed capital in four months of 2016
- 17.05.2016Azerbaijan sees 4.5% decline in GDP
- 17.05.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for deposit portfolio