SOFAZ told APA-Economics that the budget revenues for the period of January-March, 2014 reached 3,005.0 million manats, while budget expenditures constituted 2,443.3 million manats.
Revenue of 3,006.8 mln. manats was received from the implementation of oil and gas agreements, including 2,991.2 mln. manats from the sale of profit oil and gas, 2.3 mln. manats as transit payments, 13.3 mln. manats as bonus payments.
As per January-March 2014 budget of the Fund, 2,342.6 mln. manats were transferred to the state budget. The expenditures in the amount of 70.1 mln. manats were directed to financing the improvement of social-economic condition of refugees and internally displaced persons, 5.6 mln. manats were used for financing the reconstruction of the Samur-Absheron irrigation system. 5.1 mln. manats were directed to financing Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway construction and 3.0 mln. manats were directed to financing "The state program on the education of Azerbaijan youth abroad in the years 2007-2015". The Fund's administrative and operational expenses for the reporting period were 16.9 mln. manats.
During the first quarter of the year, the value of SOFAZ’s equity portfolio decreased due to events which took place in Ukraine. Despite the income from different investments the losses from managing assets of the Fund for January-March 2014 amounted to 1.8 mln. manats. In the following months as a result of stabilization and growth in the prices of equities of Russian companies, revenues from managing assets of the Fund for the period January - May 15, 2014 totaled to 87.8 million manats.
The Fund's extra-budgetary revenues related to the revaluation of foreign exchange totalled 10.1 million manats. SOFAZ’s extra-budgetary revenues related to price changes of gold amounted to 60.8 million manats while extra-budgetary expenses related to price changes of USD, EURO, GBP and other currencies totalled 50.7 million manats.
The assets of SOFAZ as of April 1, 2014 has grown by 2.07% compared to the beginning of 2014 (USD 35,877.5 mln.) and stood at USD 36,618.4 mln.
Starting from the first quarter of 2012 the Oil Fund has begun purchase of gold and the amount of purchased gold as of April 1, 2014 was 30 tons 175 kg (970,146 ounces).
- 31/10/2014 Central Bank of Azerbaijan addressed the international payment system in connection with illegal financial operations carried out in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan
- 31/10/2014 Muganbank gets 17% rise in assets
- 31/10/2014 MasterCard corrects mistake on Azerbaijan’s occupied territories
- 31/10/2014 Person avoiding payment of up to AZN 1 mln tax arrested in Azerbaijan
- 31/10/2014 Azerbaijani Diaspora in US launches campaign against MasterCard
- 31/10/2014 Sony says half-year loss nearly $1 bln
- 31/10/2014 Aydin Aliyev: “Application of Euro 4 standard caused decline in number of cars imported from Georgia”
- 31/10/2014 New procedure for declaring goods and vehicles transporting through border to come into force
- 31/10/2014 One more company obtains new licenses for brokerage and dealer activity
- 30/10/2014 Bank Nikoil increases assets 38%
- 30/10/2014 MuganBank attracts $5 mln loan from abroad
- 30/10/2014 WB changes Dong Business report methodology
- 30/10/2014 Turanbank gets rise in assets
- 30/10/2014 Ambassador: “Azerbaijan and Turkey intend to increase trade turnover to $15-20 bln”
- 30/10/2014 Azerbaijan Industry Bank gets rise in assets
- 30/10/2014 Turkey invested up to $2 bln in Azerbaijan during past 18 years
- 29/10/2014 AGBank gets rise in assets
- 29/10/2014 Tbilisi hosts 1st International Investment Forum
- 29/10/2014 YapiKredi Bank Azerbaijan sees 16% growth in assets
- 29/10/2014 Azerbaijan ranks at 80th in Doing Business 2015 rankings
- 29/10/2014 Azerbaijan-based banks see 15.3% growth in assets
- 28/10/2014 CB develops new mortgage strategy
- 28/10/2014 Elman Rustamov: “Overdue credits do not cause problems due to reserve funds established in the banks”
- 28/10/2014 Elman Rustamov: “Interest rates on business loans will be single-digit in the near future”
- 28/10/2014 CBA chairman: “5-6 banks are forecasted not to fulfill Central Bank’s requirements for capital”
- 28/10/2014 Amrahbank gets 40% rise in assets
- 27/10/2014 IMF and WB to start assessing financial sector of Azerbaijan next year
- 27/10/2014 Parabank increases authorized capital
- 27/10/2014 IMF forecasts GDP growth for Azerbaijan to be 4% in 2014, 3% in 2015
- 27/10/2014 IBA carries out over 126,000 money transfer operations among individuals
- 27/10/2014 Deputy Minister: “Over $190 was invested in Azerbaijan’s economy during its independency”
- 27/10/2014 Gunay Bank increases authorized capital
- 27/10/2014 Bank BTB gets rise in assets
- 27/10/2014 New chairman appointed to Rabitabank’s Management Board
- 27/10/2014 Baku hosts ERRA annual conference
- 24/10/2014 AtaHolding increases authorized capital
- 24/10/2014 Bank VTB (Azerbaijan) gets rise in assets
- 24/10/2014 IBA sees 22% rise in assets
- 24/10/2014 Azerbaijan Parliament to start discussion of draft state budget 2015 on November 4
- 24/10/2014 TuranBank attracts $5 million from abroad