Addressing the congress of Turkey Exporters Assembly, Recep Tayyip Erdogan said those who protest against the government must do it through the law and election.
"Those who want to achieve results beyond the election are acting against the democracy. Everyone must express his position in this country. But no one has the right to hold illegal actions, harm the passers-by and stir up tension in the country," he said.
Prime Minister said the protests are the games of the opposition and some illegal groups.
"All must see this game. The question is not Gezi Park, this is an ideological issue. The project that we are realizing in Taksim square will be continued. Police were there yesterday, they will also be there tomorrow," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the fact of excessive use of tear gas by the police will be investigated, but said it is normal to use tear gas when it is necessary.
Prime Minister stated that as the new project in Taksim will be realized, Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished.
"Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished, an opera house is to be built there. It should be an important center and tourists should view with pride. We want to stop traffic in Taksim, give the square to the people, pedestrians so that everyone can walk there freely," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned leader of Republican People's Party Kemal Kilicdaroglu, who is going to hold a protest in Istanbul. He said it is not a problem if somebody holds a peaceful protest, but if people are instigated to do something, this will be prevented. "If they hold a protest with 20 000 people, we will hold it with 200 000 people. If they gather 100 000 people, we will gather 1 million people. Don't make us do this!"
- 28/07/2015 Erdogan: It’s impossible to continue peace process with those who harm national unity
- 28/07/2015 Non-commissioned officer heavily wounded in armed attack in southeastern Turkey
- 28/07/2015 14 detained in Turkey over murder of gendarmerie commander
- 28/07/2015 Turkey detains 1,050 suspects in anti-terror operations
- 28/07/2015 Greek PM facing domestic headache over drachma scenarios
- 28/07/2015 Turkish FM calls on HDP to 'cut ties with terrorist PKK'
- 27/07/2015 Turkish jets hit PKK targets - VIDEO
- 26/07/2015 Greece Bailout Talks Pushed Back to Tuesday - Reports
- 26/07/2015 Two killed, four wounded as a result of an attack on a military vehicle in Turkey
- 26/07/2015 Turkey explains Daesh air strikes in letter to UN
- 26/07/2015 France in talks with Egypt to sell two more corvette warships
- 25/07/2015 Illegal migration clearly linked with terror threat: Hungary PM
- 25/07/2015 Two policemen injured in armed attack in İstanbul’s Okmeydanı
- 25/07/2015 Turkey to continue security operation as long as threat exists: PM
- 25/07/2015 Hamilton triumphs in free practice of F1 Hungarian Grand Prix
- 24/07/2015 At least 7 dead in explosion at Italy fireworks factory
- 24/07/2015 Turkey condemns Belgian parliament's resolution recognizing Armenian genocide
- 24/07/2015 Turkey will continue operations against Islamic State – PM
- 24/07/2015 Belgian Parliament passes resolution regarding so-called “Armenian genocide”
- 24/07/2015 Turkish jets strike ISIS targets in Syria
- 24/07/2015 Turkey: Deputy PM calls for joint declaration against terror
- 24/07/2015 Italy's Alitalia cancels 15 percent of flights amid strike
- 23/07/2015 Ankara Grants US Military Go-Ahead for Strikes Against ISIL From Turkey
- 23/07/2015 Skirmish occurred between Turkish soldiers and ISIL militants on Turkish-Syrian border
- 22/07/2015 Britain eyes business opportunities in wake of Iran nuclear deal
- 22/07/2015 Greece set to strike deal with creditors by August 20 — government
- 22/07/2015 French hard line on Iran won't hurt trade, Fabius says
- 21/07/2015 Italian coast guard rescues 414 boat migrants including 4 newborns
- 21/07/2015 French prosecutor recommends closing Arafat death Inquiry
- 21/07/2015 Death toll from Şanlıurfa explosion reaches 31
- 20/07/2015 Terrorist act committed in Turkey’s Şanlıurfa province; at least 30 killed - UPDATED - 3 - VİDEO
- 20/07/2015 Greek banks reopen, but limits remain
- 19/07/2015 Georgian protests call for harder line on Russia
- 19/07/2015 Anthrax outbreak in Bulgaria leaves one dead
- 18/07/2015 Greek banks to re-open Monday as Tsipras eyes new start
- 18/07/2015 Norway's mass murderer Breivik admitted to bachelor's program at Olso university
- 18/07/2015 EU announces Cypriot 'understanding' over halloumi
- 18/07/2015 Greek PM Tsipras sacks leftist party rebels in reshuffle
- 18/07/2015 Dozens flee homes as wildfires rage in Greece, PM urges calm
- 17/07/2015 Spanish PM insists Catalonia won't be granted independence