Addressing the congress of Turkey Exporters Assembly, Recep Tayyip Erdogan said those who protest against the government must do it through the law and election.
"Those who want to achieve results beyond the election are acting against the democracy. Everyone must express his position in this country. But no one has the right to hold illegal actions, harm the passers-by and stir up tension in the country," he said.
Prime Minister said the protests are the games of the opposition and some illegal groups.
"All must see this game. The question is not Gezi Park, this is an ideological issue. The project that we are realizing in Taksim square will be continued. Police were there yesterday, they will also be there tomorrow," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the fact of excessive use of tear gas by the police will be investigated, but said it is normal to use tear gas when it is necessary.
Prime Minister stated that as the new project in Taksim will be realized, Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished.
"Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished, an opera house is to be built there. It should be an important center and tourists should view with pride. We want to stop traffic in Taksim, give the square to the people, pedestrians so that everyone can walk there freely," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned leader of Republican People's Party Kemal Kilicdaroglu, who is going to hold a protest in Istanbul. He said it is not a problem if somebody holds a peaceful protest, but if people are instigated to do something, this will be prevented. "If they hold a protest with 20 000 people, we will hold it with 200 000 people. If they gather 100 000 people, we will gather 1 million people. Don't make us do this!"
- 24/05/2015 Morsi’s death sentence protested in Paris
- 24/05/2015 Swiss ISIL-affiliate plots to assassinate German president
- 24/05/2015 Turks hold protest in Belgium
- 24/05/2015 German army to recruit first imam
- 22/05/2015 Donald Tusk: "Eastern Partnership is not directed against Russia”
- 22/05/2015 Eastern Partnership program is not a tool of EU enlargement - Merkel
- 21/05/2015 The Eastern Partnership summit started in Riga
- 21/05/2015 Merkel: 'EU's Eastern Partnership not against Russia'
- 21/05/2015 OSCE Chairperson meets with Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- 21/05/2015 The Guardian: EU Eastern Partnership summit will highlight failure of plan to check Russia
- 20/05/2015 Johannes Hahn: "We have formulated a strategic partnership with Azerbaijan"
- 20/05/2015 German train drivers go on strike
- 20/05/2015 Erdogan phones Crimean Tatar leader to mark exile
- 17/05/2015 Germany train crash kills 2, injures at least 20
- 17/05/2015 German FM says EU member states need to share refugee burden
- 16/05/2015 Italy's Coast Guard rescues 2,452 migrants in the Mediterranean
- 15/05/2015 Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus' deputy PM resigns
- 14/05/2015 Senate of Spain rejects bill to recognize so-called Armenian genocide
- 14/05/2015 Erdogan urges Europe to take in more migrants
- 14/05/2015 Vatican says has agreed first treaty with State of Palestine
- 14/05/2015 Three dead, four injured in Italy's fireworks plant blast
- 13/05/2015 7 freeze to death in Turkey
- 13/05/2015 NATO foreign ministers’ meeting kicks off in Antalya
- 13/05/2015 EU mission helicopter crashes in Kosovo, one injured
- 13/05/2015 Turkish, Greek FMs want Cyprus solution in 2015
- 13/05/2015 British PM promises "different gov't" in first all-Conservative cabinet meeting
- 12/05/2015 Russian political expert: "Nagorno Karabakh will never be part of Armenia"
- 12/05/2015 Kerry meets Putin to gauge flexibility on Ukraine, Syria
- 11/05/2015 Putin, Kerry to discuss Ukraine, Syria, Iran, U.S. says
- 11/05/2015 Merkel defends staff against growing criticism in spy scandal
- 11/05/2015 Car hits Azerbaijani citizen in Georgia, driver flees
- 11/05/2015 Turkish ship attacked off Libya coast
- 10/05/2015 Airbus A400M military transporter crashes on test flight, killing four
- 10/05/2015 Turkey's 1980 military coup leader dies
- 09/05/2015 Turkey's PM 'denies plan to intervene in Syria'
- 09/05/2015 Military plane crash in Spain kills crew, forces closure of Seville airport
- 08/05/2015 Greek PM forecasts 'happy end'; Eurogroup chief cites progress in talks
- 08/05/2015 UK election: Exit poll predicts Conservative gains
- 08/05/2015 Germany's Steinmeier presses for Ukraine progress on Russia visit
- 08/05/2015 No shale gas supplies from US to Latvia expected in nearest years — Latvian minister