Addressing the congress of Turkey Exporters Assembly, Recep Tayyip Erdogan said those who protest against the government must do it through the law and election.
"Those who want to achieve results beyond the election are acting against the democracy. Everyone must express his position in this country. But no one has the right to hold illegal actions, harm the passers-by and stir up tension in the country," he said.
Prime Minister said the protests are the games of the opposition and some illegal groups.
"All must see this game. The question is not Gezi Park, this is an ideological issue. The project that we are realizing in Taksim square will be continued. Police were there yesterday, they will also be there tomorrow," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the fact of excessive use of tear gas by the police will be investigated, but said it is normal to use tear gas when it is necessary.
Prime Minister stated that as the new project in Taksim will be realized, Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished.
"Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished, an opera house is to be built there. It should be an important center and tourists should view with pride. We want to stop traffic in Taksim, give the square to the people, pedestrians so that everyone can walk there freely," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned leader of Republican People's Party Kemal Kilicdaroglu, who is going to hold a protest in Istanbul. He said it is not a problem if somebody holds a peaceful protest, but if people are instigated to do something, this will be prevented. "If they hold a protest with 20 000 people, we will hold it with 200 000 people. If they gather 100 000 people, we will gather 1 million people. Don't make us do this!"
- 19/12/2014 EU ready to help if Ukraine reforms - Merkel
- 19/12/2014 Germany arrests 3 Turks on spying allegations
- 19/12/2014 Italy's president Napolitano announces retirement
- 18/12/2014 European Parliament approves EU-Georgia association deal
- 18/12/2014 EU imposes new sanctions against Crimea
- 18/12/2014 New governor appointed to Georgia’s Kvemo Kartli region, densely populated by Azerbaijanis
- 18/12/2014 Pope played crucial role in US-Cuba rapprochement
- 17/12/2014 EU close to its capacity limits to help Ukraine: Juncker
- 17/12/2014 European Parliament votes to recognize Palestine statehood 'in principle'
- 17/12/2014 Expectations from next round of P5+1-Iran talks are realistic - Ryabkov
- 17/12/2014 Iran, P5+1 wrap up 2nd day of expert-level talks in Geneva
- 17/12/2014 Ukrainian president on official visit to Poland
- 16/12/2014 30 arrested for involvement in fatal Street fight
- 16/12/2014 Merkel calls for continuing energy dialogue with Russia
- 16/12/2014 EU's Mogherini 'very surprised' at Erdogan comments on arrests
- 15/12/2014 Turkey dismisses EU criticism of police raids
- 14/12/2014 Turkish minister: Markets, not interventions, should set value of lira
- 14/12/2014 4,500 attend anti-war rally in Berlin
- 13/12/2014 French academics protest in Paris over funding
- 13/12/2014 Merkel condemns racism as Dresden anti-Islam marches grow
- 13/12/2014 Air traffic control failure disrupts flights over Britain
- 13/12/2014 Nobel winner tells US to throw books not bombs at Islamic State
- 13/12/2014 OSCE says no serious violations of east Ukraine truce registered on December 10
- 12/12/2014 Bulgaria proposes gas hub construction on its territory
- 12/12/2014 James Appathurai: This time, NATO won’t begin early cooperation with Russia, like after Georgian war
- 12/12/2014 Former CIA director defends use of rectal rehydration
- 12/12/2014 Cameron in Belfast for N Ireland deal
- 11/12/2014 Germany plans military mission against ISIL
- 11/12/2014 Ruling AKP seeks official state emblem for Turkey
- 11/12/2014 Ireland: 'Early recognition' of Palestine possible
- 11/12/2014 WHO: Ebola virus death toll rises to 6,388
- 11/12/2014 Air fares seen dipping thanks to oil slump
- 10/12/2014 UK Prime Minister condemns CIA torture techniques
- 10/12/2014 Switzerland rejects proposal of Armenian diaspora to erect monument to so-called "Armenian genocide"
- 10/12/2014 Italy commandeers ship carrying 500 migrants
- 10/12/2014 Merkel reelected as head of Germany's ruling party
- 10/12/2014 Metal test to help diagnose breast cancer at early stage: study
- 10/12/2014 Greece asks the European Commission to speed up the approval of the transaction by the gas company DESFA
- 09/12/2014 EU Energy Commissioner Maros Sefcovic: “Europe chosen a new priority project pipeline - the South Stream pipeline”
- 09/12/2014 Parts of Swedish airport evacuated over bomb threat