Addressing the congress of Turkey Exporters Assembly, Recep Tayyip Erdogan said those who protest against the government must do it through the law and election.
"Those who want to achieve results beyond the election are acting against the democracy. Everyone must express his position in this country. But no one has the right to hold illegal actions, harm the passers-by and stir up tension in the country," he said.
Prime Minister said the protests are the games of the opposition and some illegal groups.
"All must see this game. The question is not Gezi Park, this is an ideological issue. The project that we are realizing in Taksim square will be continued. Police were there yesterday, they will also be there tomorrow," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the fact of excessive use of tear gas by the police will be investigated, but said it is normal to use tear gas when it is necessary.
Prime Minister stated that as the new project in Taksim will be realized, Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished.
"Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished, an opera house is to be built there. It should be an important center and tourists should view with pride. We want to stop traffic in Taksim, give the square to the people, pedestrians so that everyone can walk there freely," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned leader of Republican People's Party Kemal Kilicdaroglu, who is going to hold a protest in Istanbul. He said it is not a problem if somebody holds a peaceful protest, but if people are instigated to do something, this will be prevented. "If they hold a protest with 20 000 people, we will hold it with 200 000 people. If they gather 100 000 people, we will gather 1 million people. Don't make us do this!"
- 18/04/2014 Runaway spy Snowden is surprise guest on Putin phone-in
- 18/04/2014 OSCE to hold seminars on party-building and environment in Kazakhstan
- 17/04/2014 Erdoğan urges Putin to preserve rights of Crimean Tatars
- 17/04/2014 NATO sends ships to Baltic Sea
- 17/04/2014 Belgian youths detained after robbing American tourist
- 17/04/2014 Polish Foreign Minister: “The Western world will not "sell" Ukraine”
- 17/04/2014 Germany to support NATO's military measures over Ukraine crisis: media
- 17/04/2014 Scottish City Has Worst Life Expectancy in Developed World – Report
- 17/04/2014 Turkey president urges "diplomatic approach" on Ukraine crisis
- 16/04/2014 Bulgarian Energy Minister: "Bulgaria may import gas from Azerbaijan"
- 16/04/2014 Turkey strongly condemns Nigerian bombing
- 15/04/2014 Ukraine resumes reverse gas imports from Europe
- 15/04/2014 EU decides to sign new documents with Azerbaijan
- 15/04/2014 Turkey accuses Twitter of 'tax evasion', calls for local office
- 15/04/2014 Ireland gov't deficit at 7.2 pct of GDP in 2013
- 15/04/2014 Germany sees 'signs' Russia backing militias in Ukraine
- 14/04/2014 Shades of the Cold War at NATO HQ
- 14/04/2014 EU adopts proposal granting Ukraine temporary customs duties reductions
- 13/04/2014 80 people injured in Italy anti-austerity protest
- 13/04/2014 Man escapes from western Norway prison
- 13/04/2014 Italy to extradite mafia linked suspect arrested in Lebanon
- 12/04/2014 UK secretary out of touch with reality for Britons
- 12/04/2014 Germany's Merkel praises Greece, wants joint European response to Putin letter
- 12/04/2014 Amid 'gas war' talk, Russia reassures Europe on supply
- 11/04/2014 BMW recalls almost half million cars worldwide
- 11/04/2014 EU expresses concerns over violence in Sudan's Darfur
- 11/04/2014 Euro zone economy too weak to support sustainable growth
- 11/04/2014 Ahmet Davutoglu discusses Armenian resolution with Kerry
- 11/04/2014 EU's Ashton affirms support for Egypt roadmap, anti-terrorism war
- 11/04/2014 Greek Communists slam PACE’s decision to strip Russia of voting rights
- 10/04/2014 PACE deprives Russia of voting rights
- 10/04/2014 EU to create support group for Ukraine
- 10/04/2014 Election board rejects Turkish opposition call for Ankara re-run
- 10/04/2014 PACE ratifies draft resolution supporting sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine
- 09/04/2014 Heartbleed Bug: Public urged to reset all passwords
- 09/04/2014 PACE holds debates on Ukraine
- 09/04/2014 EU President: “We should reduce dependence on Russian gas and reconsider relations with this country”
- 09/04/2014 French new gov't wins parliament confidence vote
- 09/04/2014 Four-sided meeting of Russia, Ukraine, EU, and USA to be held next week
- 09/04/2014 Twitter in talks with Turkey to open office