Addressing the congress of Turkey Exporters Assembly, Recep Tayyip Erdogan said those who protest against the government must do it through the law and election.
"Those who want to achieve results beyond the election are acting against the democracy. Everyone must express his position in this country. But no one has the right to hold illegal actions, harm the passers-by and stir up tension in the country," he said.
Prime Minister said the protests are the games of the opposition and some illegal groups.
"All must see this game. The question is not Gezi Park, this is an ideological issue. The project that we are realizing in Taksim square will be continued. Police were there yesterday, they will also be there tomorrow," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the fact of excessive use of tear gas by the police will be investigated, but said it is normal to use tear gas when it is necessary.
Prime Minister stated that as the new project in Taksim will be realized, Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished.
"Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished, an opera house is to be built there. It should be an important center and tourists should view with pride. We want to stop traffic in Taksim, give the square to the people, pedestrians so that everyone can walk there freely," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned leader of Republican People's Party Kemal Kilicdaroglu, who is going to hold a protest in Istanbul. He said it is not a problem if somebody holds a peaceful protest, but if people are instigated to do something, this will be prevented. "If they hold a protest with 20 000 people, we will hold it with 200 000 people. If they gather 100 000 people, we will gather 1 million people. Don't make us do this!"
- 31/03/2015 Slovenian president calls Turkey its 'Muslim ally'
- 30/03/2015 Nicolas Sarkozy's UMP party wins local French elections
- 30/03/2015 French conservatives win key local voting, gov't left loses
- 30/03/2015 Four more Galileo satellites to be launched in 2015: EU
- 29/03/2015 'Death threats' made against BBC's Tony Hall investigated
- 29/03/2015 Full verbatim report of Crashed Airbus A-320’s black box found
- 29/03/2015 Lufthansa lacks doctors to help pilots
- 29/03/2015 Iran, US resume talks in Lausanne
- 29/03/2015 French, German FMs join Iran nuke talks in Lausanne
- 28/03/2015 German FM: Iran nuke talks 'like climbing Swiss Alps'
- 28/03/2015 Hospital confirms to have Germanwings co-pilot as patient
- 28/03/2015 Concluding Meeting on Nuclear Program to Be Held in Geneva
- 28/03/2015 France says will propose UN Security Council draft on Israel
- 27/03/2015 EU weighs new methods to coax Israel back to peace talks
- 27/03/2015 Obama, Erdogan discuss Daesh
- 26/03/2015 Germany to do everything to support investigation: Merkel
- 26/03/2015 Saakashvili supporters hold protest action in Tbilisi - PHOTO
- 26/03/2015 Outer shell of second black box found: Hollande
- 26/03/2015 Greece fails in bid for early cash release, reforms awaited
- 26/03/2015 One dead as blast hits magazine building in Istanbul
- 25/03/2015 Skirmish occur between PKK and Turkish army after a long break
- 25/03/2015 Georgian Dream rating drops
- 25/03/2015 Two Japanese citizens, two Mexican nationals likely among passengers of crashed Airbus
- 25/03/2015 Portuguese PM encourages more youths to receive higher education
- 25/03/2015 FM: Turkish-origin lady dead in France air crash
- 25/03/2015 Turkish PM stresses focus on missile, space technology
- 24/03/2015 12 suspects arrested in anti-mafia operation in southern Italy
- 24/03/2015 First black box found at Airbus A320 crash site in French Alps
- 24/03/2015 Hungarian FM unaware that Russia plans to end embargo
- 24/03/2015 Debris from plane that crashed in France found
- 24/03/2015 Passenger plane crashes in France
- 24/03/2015 Turkish president calls on PKK to lay down weapons to advance in peace process
- 24/03/2015 Tsipras, Merkel display goodwill, little sign of debt progress
- 23/03/2015 All military actions have to stop in Libya, says EU foreign affairs chief
- 19/03/2015 European negotiator says framework accord with Iran unlikely soon
- 19/03/2015 EU won't lift sanctions on Russia until Minsk conditions met: Merkel
- 19/03/2015 Greek PM demands EU stop 'unilateral actions' as tensions flare
- 19/03/2015 Police cars torched at anti-austerity protest in Germany
- 18/03/2015 Pakistan says 34 militants killed in 'precise' strikes in northwest
- 18/03/2015 Armenians fail to organize exhibition on so-called Armenian genocide at UNESCO headquarters