Addressing the congress of Turkey Exporters Assembly, Recep Tayyip Erdogan said those who protest against the government must do it through the law and election.
"Those who want to achieve results beyond the election are acting against the democracy. Everyone must express his position in this country. But no one has the right to hold illegal actions, harm the passers-by and stir up tension in the country," he said.
Prime Minister said the protests are the games of the opposition and some illegal groups.
"All must see this game. The question is not Gezi Park, this is an ideological issue. The project that we are realizing in Taksim square will be continued. Police were there yesterday, they will also be there tomorrow," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the fact of excessive use of tear gas by the police will be investigated, but said it is normal to use tear gas when it is necessary.
Prime Minister stated that as the new project in Taksim will be realized, Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished.
"Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished, an opera house is to be built there. It should be an important center and tourists should view with pride. We want to stop traffic in Taksim, give the square to the people, pedestrians so that everyone can walk there freely," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned leader of Republican People's Party Kemal Kilicdaroglu, who is going to hold a protest in Istanbul. He said it is not a problem if somebody holds a peaceful protest, but if people are instigated to do something, this will be prevented. "If they hold a protest with 20 000 people, we will hold it with 200 000 people. If they gather 100 000 people, we will gather 1 million people. Don't make us do this!"
- 07/03/2014 Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- 07/03/2014 Istanbul prosecutors prepare new indictment for Gezi Park protests
- 07/03/2014 Erdoğan signals gov't may shut down Facebook, YouTube after local polls
- 07/03/2014 Macedonia schedules early elections for April 27
- 06/03/2014 EU Freezes Talks With Russia on Cooperation Agreement, Visas
- 06/03/2014 Several injured in Italy's train crash
- 06/03/2014 More U.S. jets on NATO patrol in Baltics
- 05/03/2014 EU freezes assets of 18 Ukrainians
- 05/03/2014 EU going to provide €11bn financial aid to Ukraine
- 05/03/2014 Oil prices drop as Ukraine worries ease
- 05/03/2014 EU Plans No Sanctions on Russia for Now – Russian Envoy
- 04/03/2014 EU energy commissioner says European Union needs Russian gas
- 04/03/2014 EU to help Ukraine pay Russian gas bill
- 04/03/2014 Romanian senate president resigns
- 04/03/2014 Russian foreign minister arrives in Madrid
- 04/03/2014 Hungarian PM calls for negotiations on Ukraine
- 04/03/2014 Turkey scrambles eight jets to intercept Russian surveillance aircraft
- 04/03/2014 Poland calls for emergency NATO meeting
- 04/03/2014 Turkey: We will always stand by Crimean Tatars
- 04/03/2014 Romanian PM announces new cabinet
- 04/03/2014 Media censorship and intimidation of journalists in Ukraine must stop, says OSCE media representative
- 04/03/2014 Russian and German foreign ministers begin talks in Geneva
- 03/03/2014 EU FMs may consider freezing visa dialogue with Russia over Ukrainian crisis
- 02/03/2014 Turks protest against corruption in Ankara
- 02/03/2014 Chairman in Office urges participating States to refrain from unilateral actions and to engage in a meaningful dialogue
- 02/03/2014 Ashton to visit Ukraine on March 5, to talk to Russia foreign minister soon
- 02/03/2014 EU's Ashton urges Russia not to dispatch troops to Ukraine
- 01/03/2014 France calls for political solution to Ukraine tension
- 01/03/2014 EU to remove 11 IRISL managers from sanctions list
- 01/03/2014 Italy's cabinet approves decree to avoid Rome default
- 01/03/2014 Electronic discussion resource for G8 Youth Summit opens in Internet
- 01/03/2014 Austria freezes bank account of Yanukovych
- 28/02/2014 EU ready to sign association agreement with Ukraine: trade chief
- 28/02/2014 Polish minister blames Yanukovych for disrupting agreements
- 28/02/2014 Turkish and Russian diplomats discuss current situation in Ukraine
- 28/02/2014 Ahmet Davutoglu to visit Ukraine
- 28/02/2014 Turkey's Parliament Speaker: Russia key country in region
- 28/02/2014 German minister says Russia should be involved in int’l aid to Ukraine
- 28/02/2014 Swiss govt says to block funds linked to Ukraine's Yanukovich
- 28/02/2014 Report: British spy agency collected images of Yahoo webcam chats