Addressing the congress of Turkey Exporters Assembly, Recep Tayyip Erdogan said those who protest against the government must do it through the law and election.
"Those who want to achieve results beyond the election are acting against the democracy. Everyone must express his position in this country. But no one has the right to hold illegal actions, harm the passers-by and stir up tension in the country," he said.
Prime Minister said the protests are the games of the opposition and some illegal groups.
"All must see this game. The question is not Gezi Park, this is an ideological issue. The project that we are realizing in Taksim square will be continued. Police were there yesterday, they will also be there tomorrow," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the fact of excessive use of tear gas by the police will be investigated, but said it is normal to use tear gas when it is necessary.
Prime Minister stated that as the new project in Taksim will be realized, Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished.
"Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished, an opera house is to be built there. It should be an important center and tourists should view with pride. We want to stop traffic in Taksim, give the square to the people, pedestrians so that everyone can walk there freely," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned leader of Republican People's Party Kemal Kilicdaroglu, who is going to hold a protest in Istanbul. He said it is not a problem if somebody holds a peaceful protest, but if people are instigated to do something, this will be prevented. "If they hold a protest with 20 000 people, we will hold it with 200 000 people. If they gather 100 000 people, we will gather 1 million people. Don't make us do this!"
- 24/10/2014 Merkel, Putin discuss Ukraine situation over phone
- 24/10/2014 Estonia report firmly holds Russian airspace "violation"
- 24/10/2014 EU summit approves new European Commission members
- 24/10/2014 Pipeline explosion in Germany killed one, injured 26
- 24/10/2014 EU asks Italy to clarify 2015 budget
- 23/10/2014 Danish MPs urge suspension of Turkey's EU accession bid
- 23/10/2014 Barroso urges EU member states to invest more, stick to reforms
- 23/10/2014 Danish court frees 10 accused of funding PKK
- 22/10/2014 OSCE Permanent Council extends its mission’s mandate on Russia-Ukraine border
- 22/10/2014 Germany includes Georgia in list of dangerous countries to visit
- 22/10/2014 Pope Francis to make three-day visit to Turkey
- 22/10/2014 15 new members elected to UN Human Rights Council
- 21/10/2014 Britain sends drones to fly over Syria
- 21/10/2014 Lithuania, Sweden call for EU unity over security challenges
- 21/10/2014 Lufthansa strike cancels some 1500 flights
- 21/10/2014 EU prepares possible coordinator on Ebola, says foreign policy chief
- 21/10/2014 Germany, France agree to boost investment
- 21/10/2014 Turkish crime rate increases 400 percent in 20 years
- 21/10/2014 Polish foreign minister: EU is not planning to soften sanctions against Russia
- 20/10/2014 Visiting Merkel praises Slovakia´s effort to help Ukraine with gas
- 20/10/2014 Estonia concerned over suspected submarine off Stockholm: report
- 20/10/2014 Ebola coordinator to be appointed this week
- 20/10/2014 EU bans jet fuel supplies to Syria
- 19/10/2014 Several people are quarantined because of a possible Ebola virus in Georgia
- 18/10/2014 Turkish Cyprus sends letter to UN to reopen peace talks
- 18/10/2014 Turkish PM: Settlement process is our project
- 18/10/2014 Four men charged with terror plots against police in London
- 18/10/2014 Slovenian economy minister resigns
- 17/10/2014 Turkey launches new strategy for EU accession
- 17/10/2014 Pilots at Lufthansa’s Germanwings protest retirement plan
- 17/10/2014 Italian Prime Minister: Europe must stimulate growth
- 17/10/2014 Ebola risk increases in Portugal if epidemic spreads to Guinea-Bissau
- 17/10/2014 Russia satisfied with Vienna round of P5+1-Iran talks - Russian deputy foreign minister
- 17/10/2014 Spain elected non-permanent member of UN Security Council
- 16/10/2014 UK to use drones against ISIL in Iraq: Hammond
- 16/10/2014 Portuguese police seize 600 kg of cocaine from yacht
- 16/10/2014 Merkel calls for Europe-Asia cooperation to fight IS
- 16/10/2014 2 reported missing after Czech ammunition storehouse blast
- 16/10/2014 U.S., Ukrainian presidents discuss crisis in eastern Ukraine
- 16/10/2014 Zarif, Kerry, Ashton end 7 hour trilateral meeting