Addressing the congress of Turkey Exporters Assembly, Recep Tayyip Erdogan said those who protest against the government must do it through the law and election.
"Those who want to achieve results beyond the election are acting against the democracy. Everyone must express his position in this country. But no one has the right to hold illegal actions, harm the passers-by and stir up tension in the country," he said.
Prime Minister said the protests are the games of the opposition and some illegal groups.
"All must see this game. The question is not Gezi Park, this is an ideological issue. The project that we are realizing in Taksim square will be continued. Police were there yesterday, they will also be there tomorrow," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the fact of excessive use of tear gas by the police will be investigated, but said it is normal to use tear gas when it is necessary.
Prime Minister stated that as the new project in Taksim will be realized, Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished.
"Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished, an opera house is to be built there. It should be an important center and tourists should view with pride. We want to stop traffic in Taksim, give the square to the people, pedestrians so that everyone can walk there freely," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned leader of Republican People's Party Kemal Kilicdaroglu, who is going to hold a protest in Istanbul. He said it is not a problem if somebody holds a peaceful protest, but if people are instigated to do something, this will be prevented. "If they hold a protest with 20 000 people, we will hold it with 200 000 people. If they gather 100 000 people, we will gather 1 million people. Don't make us do this!"
- 02/10/2014 New NATO chief sets a conciliatory tone with Russia
- 02/10/2014 UK drops terror case against ex-Guantanamo inmate
- 02/10/2014 British warplanes destroy IS targets in Iraq
- 01/10/2014 Turkey will fight Islamic State, wants Assad gone: President Erdogan
- 01/10/2014 Italy’s gas reserves to suffice for three months should Russia suspend supplies
- 01/10/2014 Paris to take decision on Mistral deal with Russia in late October - source
- 01/10/2014 Secret Service chief Pierson resigns amid security breach scandal
- 01/10/2014 Belarus is against foisting alien political models on countries - foreign minister
- 30/09/2014 France pharmacies join protests at government reform plan
- 30/09/2014 3,072 migrants died in Mediterranean Sea over past nine months
- 30/09/2014 Brazil hostage standoff ends peacefully
- 30/09/2014 Spanish court blocks Catalonia vote
- 30/09/2014 EU climate decisions must be fair to all members: Latvian FM
- 29/09/2014 US: Eleven additional strikes in Iraq and Syria
- 29/09/2014 EU-Ukraine Association Agreement to start applying in two stages: EU
- 29/09/2014 President of Greece on visit to Armenia
- 28/09/2014 Nine policemen freed in wiretapping probe in İzmir
- 28/09/2014 US's Susan Rice meets Syrian opposition at White House
- 27/09/2014 Next round of Iran-P5+1 meeting to be held in Europe - Iranian Foreign Minister
- 26/09/2014 Tbilisi hosts international conference on "The legal consequences of illegal visits to the occupied territories of the Eastern Partnership countries"
- 26/09/2014 Polish president calls for amendment of UN operational rules
- 26/09/2014 No French ground troops in Iraq, says foreign minister
- 26/09/2014 Protest against UK military action in Iraq
- 26/09/2014 Germany sends first weapons shipment to Iraqi Kurds
- 26/09/2014 Ukraine hopes to apply for EU membership by 2020
- 26/09/2014 Slovenia says not to join military operation against IS
- 26/09/2014 NATO aviation drill for dealing with radio interference begins in Bulgaria
- 26/09/2014 EU energy commissioner fearing Russia may use nat gas as weapon
- 25/09/2014 Lavrov, Burkhalter discuss OSCE role in peaceful settlement in Ukraine
- 25/09/2014 France issues travel warning after ISIL threat
- 25/09/2014 Number of Germans joining IS made public
- 25/09/2014 9 PKK rebels surrender to Turkish military
- 25/09/2014 Hollande confirms killing of French hostage in Algeria
- 25/09/2014 Dutch to send fighter jets to strike at IS in Iraq
- 24/09/2014 Georgian Defense Minister on visit to Armenia
- 24/09/2014 Vatican Arrests Former Archbishop Jozef Wesolowski on Paedophilia Charges
- 24/09/2014 Erdogan says Turkey may give military support to U.S.-led coalition
- 23/09/2014 French PM: no negotiations with Algerian kidnappers
- 23/09/2014 Three jihadist suspects arrested at Paris airport
- 23/09/2014 UK does not join US military campaign in Syria