Addressing the congress of Turkey Exporters Assembly, Recep Tayyip Erdogan said those who protest against the government must do it through the law and election.
"Those who want to achieve results beyond the election are acting against the democracy. Everyone must express his position in this country. But no one has the right to hold illegal actions, harm the passers-by and stir up tension in the country," he said.
Prime Minister said the protests are the games of the opposition and some illegal groups.
"All must see this game. The question is not Gezi Park, this is an ideological issue. The project that we are realizing in Taksim square will be continued. Police were there yesterday, they will also be there tomorrow," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the fact of excessive use of tear gas by the police will be investigated, but said it is normal to use tear gas when it is necessary.
Prime Minister stated that as the new project in Taksim will be realized, Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished.
"Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished, an opera house is to be built there. It should be an important center and tourists should view with pride. We want to stop traffic in Taksim, give the square to the people, pedestrians so that everyone can walk there freely," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned leader of Republican People's Party Kemal Kilicdaroglu, who is going to hold a protest in Istanbul. He said it is not a problem if somebody holds a peaceful protest, but if people are instigated to do something, this will be prevented. "If they hold a protest with 20 000 people, we will hold it with 200 000 people. If they gather 100 000 people, we will gather 1 million people. Don't make us do this!"
- 30/08/2015 Three refugee children found critically ill in Austria
- 29/08/2015 Turkish planes join anti-IS coalition in Syria raid for first time
- 29/08/2015 Former deputy interior minister of Georgia shot
- 29/08/2015 Turkey: 24 people injured in Mardin bomb attack
- 29/08/2015 Croatia comes out of crisis: PM
- 29/08/2015 Deadly attack in eastern Turkey
- 28/08/2015 PKK have killed 14,000 since 1984
- 28/08/2015 Turkey: PM Davutoglu unveils interim Cabinet
- 28/08/2015 NATO’s support for sovereignty and territorial integrity is strong, says secretary general
- 28/08/2015 2 French journalists held for 'attempted blackmail of Morocco king'
- 28/08/2015 Tusk says EU, Ukraine want to see early free travel
- 27/08/2015 Greece to use EU money to open refugee centres
- 27/08/2015 Dozens found dead in truck on Austrian highway
- 27/08/2015 Opening of NATO training center in Georgia to destabilize region: Russian Foreign Ministry
- 27/08/2015 NATO opens training center in Georgia
- 27/08/2015 Hungary migrant crisis escalates as police fire tear gas
- 27/08/2015 Italy, Spain, US troopers take part in Romania NATO drill
- 27/08/2015 PKK terrorists attack Turkish police; there are wounded
- 27/08/2015 First opposition member joins Turkey's interim Cabinet
- 26/08/2015 Greek president expected to call election on Friday
- 25/08/2015 At least three dead in shootout in northern France
- 25/08/2015 Hollande, Ban Ki-Moon urge efforts for reaching binding accord on Paris climate summit
- 25/08/2015 Merkel to visit protest-hit refugee home
- 25/08/2015 Number of ceasefire violations in Donbas continues to decline — OSCE
- 25/08/2015 Greece says lacks infrastructure to cope with migrant influx
- 25/08/2015 Turkish President Erdogan decides on 'renewal of parliamentary elections'
- 25/08/2015 Flood, landslides 'kill 8 people' in northeastern Turkey
- 24/08/2015 Almost 80,000 sign UK petition for Netanyahu arrest
- 24/08/2015 EU to consider suspending sanctions against Belarus next week
- 23/08/2015 Macedonia reestablishing order at border with Greece as migrants flood
- 23/08/2015 Two prisoners escape from Norway jail shortly after justice minister's visit
- 23/08/2015 Belgium calls on neighbors for more security on cross-border trains
- 23/08/2015 Thousands of migrants rush past police into Macedonia - PHOTO
- 23/08/2015 German minister condemns riots in front of asylum shelter
- 22/08/2015 7 killed in UK airshow plane crash
- 22/08/2015 41 terrorists destroyed as result of operation conducted by Turkish Armed Forces
- 22/08/2015 Clashes as Macedonia becomes latest migrant crisis flashpoint
- 22/08/2015 Three injured in shooting on Amsterdam-Paris train
- 21/08/2015 Macedonian police fire tear gas on migrants
- 21/08/2015 Iran issues diplomatic note to Turkey over PKK attacks on trucks