Addressing the congress of Turkey Exporters Assembly, Recep Tayyip Erdogan said those who protest against the government must do it through the law and election.
"Those who want to achieve results beyond the election are acting against the democracy. Everyone must express his position in this country. But no one has the right to hold illegal actions, harm the passers-by and stir up tension in the country," he said.
Prime Minister said the protests are the games of the opposition and some illegal groups.
"All must see this game. The question is not Gezi Park, this is an ideological issue. The project that we are realizing in Taksim square will be continued. Police were there yesterday, they will also be there tomorrow," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the fact of excessive use of tear gas by the police will be investigated, but said it is normal to use tear gas when it is necessary.
Prime Minister stated that as the new project in Taksim will be realized, Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished.
"Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished, an opera house is to be built there. It should be an important center and tourists should view with pride. We want to stop traffic in Taksim, give the square to the people, pedestrians so that everyone can walk there freely," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned leader of Republican People's Party Kemal Kilicdaroglu, who is going to hold a protest in Istanbul. He said it is not a problem if somebody holds a peaceful protest, but if people are instigated to do something, this will be prevented. "If they hold a protest with 20 000 people, we will hold it with 200 000 people. If they gather 100 000 people, we will gather 1 million people. Don't make us do this!"
- 30/01/2015 Slovenian foreign minister: Further economic sanctions against Russia to be ineffective
- 30/01/2015 Spanish FM says soldier killed in Lebanon in "known" zone
- 30/01/2015 Turkish President: “We are not obliged to recognize the so-called "Armenian genocide" on someone's orders”
- 30/01/2015 Voting for new Italian president begins
- 30/01/2015 Man with gun enters Dutch TV studio
- 29/01/2015 Poland says more sanctions against Russia needed – minister
- 29/01/2015 Spain court charges 10 priests with child sexual abuse
- 29/01/2015 Hollande, Merkel reassure Poroshenko of readiness to coordinate efforts
- 29/01/2015 Litvinenko autopsy was world's most dangerous, UK inquiry hears
- 28/01/2015 Greek PM Tsipras promises radical change, markets tumble
- 28/01/2015 UN peacekeeper from Spain killed in southern Lebanon
- 28/01/2015 EU to extend sanctions on Russia
- 27/01/2015 OSCE PA President calls on Russia to close border with Ukraine
- 27/01/2015 Turkish minister: Gas price talks with Russia promising
- 27/01/2015 EU foreign ministers to consider new sanctions against Russia
- 27/01/2015 Anti-terrorist operation underway in southern France
- 27/01/2015 US skier living in France dies in avalanche in the Alps
- 27/01/2015 'Unnatural' Greek coalition could be short-lived
- 27/01/2015 Fresh battles in east Ukraine leave 11 dead
- 27/01/2015 EU pledges additional 15 mln euros of humanitarian aid to Ukraine
- 26/01/2015 Famous singer Demis Roussos dies
- 26/01/2015 Georgia names new interior minister
- 26/01/2015 PACE to discuss suspension of Russian delegation’s credentials
- 25/01/2015 Turkish mountain climbers missing in Greece
- 24/01/2015 Turkey declares day of mourning for Saudi king
- 24/01/2015 Netherlands remains vigilant despite prevention of large bird flu outbreak
- 23/01/2015 Turkey: Former telecom director sent to court for spying
- 23/01/2015 Turkey a ‘net winner’ from low oil prices: Deputy PM Babacan
- 22/01/2015 EU can return to cooperation with Russia after Ukraine crisis is settled — Merkel
- 22/01/2015 6 arrested in BiH over human trafficking, drugs
- 22/01/2015 Zarif, Kerry to meet in Davos
- 22/01/2015 EU does not have consensus on sanctions against Russia — Chizhov
- 21/01/2015 Russia has 9,000 troops on Ukrainian soil, Poroshenko tells Davos forum
- 21/01/2015 Ahmet Davutoğlu calls for new page in ties with Armenians
- 21/01/2015 Turkey to fight terrorism, racism with UK: Davutoglu
- 21/01/2015 Germany to host fresh round of Ukraine peace talks
- 21/01/2015 Kerry reaffirms US support of syrian talks in Moscow
- 21/01/2015 EU discusses adoption of five-year internal security strategy
- 21/01/2015 Industrial action to resume in Belgium
- 20/01/2015 Azerbaijani President meets with the Chairman of the Munich Security Conference - PHOTO