Addressing the congress of Turkey Exporters Assembly, Recep Tayyip Erdogan said those who protest against the government must do it through the law and election.
"Those who want to achieve results beyond the election are acting against the democracy. Everyone must express his position in this country. But no one has the right to hold illegal actions, harm the passers-by and stir up tension in the country," he said.
Prime Minister said the protests are the games of the opposition and some illegal groups.
"All must see this game. The question is not Gezi Park, this is an ideological issue. The project that we are realizing in Taksim square will be continued. Police were there yesterday, they will also be there tomorrow," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the fact of excessive use of tear gas by the police will be investigated, but said it is normal to use tear gas when it is necessary.
Prime Minister stated that as the new project in Taksim will be realized, Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished.
"Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished, an opera house is to be built there. It should be an important center and tourists should view with pride. We want to stop traffic in Taksim, give the square to the people, pedestrians so that everyone can walk there freely," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned leader of Republican People's Party Kemal Kilicdaroglu, who is going to hold a protest in Istanbul. He said it is not a problem if somebody holds a peaceful protest, but if people are instigated to do something, this will be prevented. "If they hold a protest with 20 000 people, we will hold it with 200 000 people. If they gather 100 000 people, we will gather 1 million people. Don't make us do this!"
- 31/07/2014 G7 calls for ceasefire in Ukraine
- 31/07/2014 European Commission hopes for stable gas supply from Russia
- 30/07/2014 Fire occurs in US petroleum storage depot in Tbilisi
- 30/07/2014 Oslo to host Conference of European Parliament Presidents
- 30/07/2014 EU sectoral sanctions against Russia to take effect July 31
- 30/07/2014 EU to impose additional restrictive measures against Russia
- 30/07/2014 Ban on defence product supplies to Russia not to be automatically applicable to Mistral
- 29/07/2014 Economic sanctions against Russia will have far-reaching effects — Dutch FM
- 29/07/2014 EU sanctions against Russia to take effect after written approval by Council
- 29/07/2014 UK cuts EU migrant welfare access
- 29/07/2014 Five western leaders favour new sanctions against Russia
- 29/07/2014 Britain announces visa reform package in China
- 28/07/2014 Germany, Japan offer support for tougher Russia bans
- 28/07/2014 Criminal case launched against former President Mikheil Saakashvili
- 28/07/2014 Russia ordered to pay $50bn in Yukos case
- 27/07/2014 40 arrested in Paris as pro-Palestinian demonstration turns violent
- 26/07/2014 EU sanctions hit Russian intelligence officials
- 26/07/2014 European Commission prepares legislative initiative on sectoral sanctions on Russia
- 25/07/2014 EU expands sanction list over Ukraine issue
- 25/07/2014 Poland cancels cultural year with Russia
- 25/07/2014 President bemoans ECHR judgment on CIA torture in Poland
- 24/07/2014 France unfreezes 11 mln euros aid to Gaza amid Israeli military operation
- 24/07/2014 EU ambassadors approve expansion of blacklist for Russia, Ukraine
- 24/07/2014 EU consider sanctions against Russia
- 24/07/2014 Lithuania to join euro area and single supervisory mechanism: ECB
- 24/07/2014 Bavarian interior ministry bans neo-Nazi network
- 23/07/2014 France heads defense council on Middle East, Ukraine crises
- 23/07/2014 Bulgarian gov't resigns on eve of early elections
- 22/07/2014 Six people killed in road accident in central France
- 22/07/2014 Italy continues struggle with migrants issue
- 22/07/2014 Heavy rains hit northern Slovakia
- 22/07/2014 Germany's richest man Karl Albrecht dead
- 22/07/2014 OSCE monitors get full access to Malaysian Boeing crash site
- 21/07/2014 Turkey declares three-day mourning for Gaza
- 21/07/2014 Georgia sacks seven ministers
- 21/07/2014 Russian, French presidents emphasize importance of objective investigation of plane crash in Ukraine
- 20/07/2014 18 migrants found dead south of Italy: media
- 20/07/2014 Azerbaijani Army servicemen meet traffic accident: one died, 3 injured
- 19/07/2014 Lavrov, Kerry call for int’l investigation of Boeing-777 crash in Ukraine
- 19/07/2014 Malaysian airliner shot down by Russia, Erdoğan says