Addressing the congress of Turkey Exporters Assembly, Recep Tayyip Erdogan said those who protest against the government must do it through the law and election.
"Those who want to achieve results beyond the election are acting against the democracy. Everyone must express his position in this country. But no one has the right to hold illegal actions, harm the passers-by and stir up tension in the country," he said.
Prime Minister said the protests are the games of the opposition and some illegal groups.
"All must see this game. The question is not Gezi Park, this is an ideological issue. The project that we are realizing in Taksim square will be continued. Police were there yesterday, they will also be there tomorrow," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the fact of excessive use of tear gas by the police will be investigated, but said it is normal to use tear gas when it is necessary.
Prime Minister stated that as the new project in Taksim will be realized, Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished.
"Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished, an opera house is to be built there. It should be an important center and tourists should view with pride. We want to stop traffic in Taksim, give the square to the people, pedestrians so that everyone can walk there freely," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned leader of Republican People's Party Kemal Kilicdaroglu, who is going to hold a protest in Istanbul. He said it is not a problem if somebody holds a peaceful protest, but if people are instigated to do something, this will be prevented. "If they hold a protest with 20 000 people, we will hold it with 200 000 people. If they gather 100 000 people, we will gather 1 million people. Don't make us do this!"
- 30/06/2015 Turkey expresses concern over mounting pressure on Uighurs in China
- 30/06/2015 Tsipras: Greek Govt Ready to Accept Any Vote on Bailout Crisis
- 30/06/2015 Anti-bailout demonstrators rally in Greece
- 30/06/2015 Gold up on Greece instability
- 30/06/2015 Greece lacks will to compromise: Merkel
- 29/06/2015 EP leaders call for resuming Greek debt talks
- 29/06/2015 Two Uber executives taken into police custody in France
- 29/06/2015 Greece in shock as banks close, capital controls imposed, imminent default risk increases
- 29/06/2015 EU chief feels 'betrayed' by Greece
- 29/06/2015 Greece imposes capital controls, banks to remain shut
- 29/06/2015 Obama, Merkel agree effort needed to get Greece to reform and grow in euro zone
- 29/06/2015 Western officials suggest Iran tries to wiggle out of nuclear pledges
- 28/06/2015 IMF chief rules out possibility of granting delay to Greece to repay loan
- 28/06/2015 Greece to survive regardless of creditors' decisions: PM
- 27/06/2015 Eurogroup rejects bailout extension for Greece
- 27/06/2015 PM says Greece will not leave EU
- 26/06/2015 EU’s Oettinger gives Athens five days to avoid a ‘Grexit’
- 26/06/2015 Spanish population falls for third successive year
- 26/06/2015 EU treaty change would be slow, German minister warns UK's Cameron
- 26/06/2015 Switzerland steps up development efforts amid global humanitarian crisis
- 26/06/2015 French woman goes on trial for deaths of 8 of her babies
- 26/06/2015 OSCE to increase its role in pan-European architecture — Russian Foreign Ministry
- 25/06/2015 UK business leaders urge to remain in EU
- 25/06/2015 French media: US embassy in Paris is 'home to secret spy nest'
- 25/06/2015 Arrest of hundreds of peaceful protesters in Yerevan raises serious concern - ODIHR
- 25/06/2015 NATO says won't be dragged into arms race with Russia
- 25/06/2015 Eurozone' s Greece talks to continue on Thursday
- 25/06/2015 French police fined for discriminatory identity checks
- 24/06/2015 French government says spying "unacceptable between allies"
- 24/06/2015 "Normandy Quartet" confirms adherence to Minsk-2 and calls for de-escalation
- 24/06/2015 Protests close channel tunnel between England and France
- 24/06/2015 Slovakia may hold referendum to reject EC's migrant quotas
- 24/06/2015 266 migrants in Malta voluntarily repatriated since 2009
- 24/06/2015 16 killed in fire at Mexico nursing home
- 23/06/2015 Netherlands mosque receives unanimous threatening letter
- 23/06/2015 Decision on extending EU sanctions against Russia enters into force
- 23/06/2015 Neo Nazi group has hinted on breaking her prolonged silence
- 23/06/2015 Greek PM says rejects tax hike on electricity
- 23/06/2015 Baku-2015: Azerbaijani boxer into European Games semifinal
- 22/06/2015 Hackers ground 1,400 passengers at Warsaw airport