Addressing the congress of Turkey Exporters Assembly, Recep Tayyip Erdogan said those who protest against the government must do it through the law and election.
"Those who want to achieve results beyond the election are acting against the democracy. Everyone must express his position in this country. But no one has the right to hold illegal actions, harm the passers-by and stir up tension in the country," he said.
Prime Minister said the protests are the games of the opposition and some illegal groups.
"All must see this game. The question is not Gezi Park, this is an ideological issue. The project that we are realizing in Taksim square will be continued. Police were there yesterday, they will also be there tomorrow," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the fact of excessive use of tear gas by the police will be investigated, but said it is normal to use tear gas when it is necessary.
Prime Minister stated that as the new project in Taksim will be realized, Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished.
"Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished, an opera house is to be built there. It should be an important center and tourists should view with pride. We want to stop traffic in Taksim, give the square to the people, pedestrians so that everyone can walk there freely," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned leader of Republican People's Party Kemal Kilicdaroglu, who is going to hold a protest in Istanbul. He said it is not a problem if somebody holds a peaceful protest, but if people are instigated to do something, this will be prevented. "If they hold a protest with 20 000 people, we will hold it with 200 000 people. If they gather 100 000 people, we will gather 1 million people. Don't make us do this!"
- 21/08/2014 Militants use British killer as propaganda
- 21/08/2014 German minister accuses Qatar of funding Islamic State fighters
- 21/08/2014 Germany, Italy say prepared to send weapons to Iraq's Kurds
- 21/08/2014 Two shot dead in southern Greece, suspects detained
- 21/08/2014 EU to luanch two more satellites to improve navigation system
- 20/08/2014 Iceland orders evacuation due to possible volcano eruption
- 20/08/2014 Suspected illegal immigrants found in UK truck
- 20/08/2014 Tallinn to host Davis Cup game instead of Kiev
- 20/08/2014 Italy considers sending arms to Iraq's Kurds
- 19/08/2014 Presidents of Ukraine, Russia, Germany and France are expected to meet
- 19/08/2014 Merkel, Poroshenko hopes top-level talks on Ukraine to follow 4-partite meeting in Berlin
- 19/08/2014 Germany's Merkel to visit Ukraine on August 23
- 19/08/2014 20 people rescued by N Ireland police
- 18/08/2014 Polish army preparing for new large-scale purchase
- 18/08/2014 Norway FM calls for end to Gaza siege
- 18/08/2014 Russian, Ukrainian, German and French FMs hold talks on Ukraine crisis in Berlin
- 17/08/2014 Foreign Ministers of Russia, Germany, France, Ukraine to Meet for Talks – Kremlin
- 16/08/2014 NATO Secretary General: ‘Russia’s aggressive policy against Ukraine makes us rethink about security’
- 16/08/2014 German Mertesacker retires from national team
- 16/08/2014 NATO chief visits Denmark
- 16/08/2014 EU Council asks third countries not to replace European food on Russian market
- 15/08/2014 EU confirms Russia-EU-Ukraine meeting to be held on September 12
- 15/08/2014 Slovak president, PM differ on Russian sanctions
- 15/08/2014 EU urges Kiev to closely coordinate gas transit from Russia
- 15/08/2014 New Turkish PM to be decided next week
- 14/08/2014 EU says to take market stabilisation measure over Russian ban
- 14/08/2014 Finland to impose no sanctions on Russia to respond to its food imports ban - PM
- 14/08/2014 Brazilian presidential candidate Campos killed in plane crash
- 13/08/2014 No troop movement on Russian-Ukrainian border - OSCE observers
- 13/08/2014 Merkel wants to continue the dialogue with Putin on the Ukrainian crisis
- 13/08/2014 Germany, France, USA companies to take part in international arms exhibition in Zhukovsky
- 13/08/2014 Estonians anxious to deal with Russian sanctions
- 13/08/2014 German, French defense ministers discuss Iraq, Ukraine
- 12/08/2014 Germany says "No" to military aid to Iraqi Kurdish forces
- 12/08/2014 Swiss police: 3 Israelis killed in bus-train crash
- 12/08/2014 Germany demands extraordinary conference on Russian food imports embargo
- 11/08/2014 Turkey’s ruling party to hold extraordinary general assembly on August 27
- 11/08/2014 Outgoing President Gül signals return as AKP seeks road map for post-Erdoğan era
- 11/08/2014 Recep Tayyip Erdogan: “Let's start a new social reconciliation”
- 10/08/2014 Turkey electing its 12th president - PHOTOSESSION