Addressing the congress of Turkey Exporters Assembly, Recep Tayyip Erdogan said those who protest against the government must do it through the law and election.
"Those who want to achieve results beyond the election are acting against the democracy. Everyone must express his position in this country. But no one has the right to hold illegal actions, harm the passers-by and stir up tension in the country," he said.
Prime Minister said the protests are the games of the opposition and some illegal groups.
"All must see this game. The question is not Gezi Park, this is an ideological issue. The project that we are realizing in Taksim square will be continued. Police were there yesterday, they will also be there tomorrow," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the fact of excessive use of tear gas by the police will be investigated, but said it is normal to use tear gas when it is necessary.
Prime Minister stated that as the new project in Taksim will be realized, Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished.
"Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished, an opera house is to be built there. It should be an important center and tourists should view with pride. We want to stop traffic in Taksim, give the square to the people, pedestrians so that everyone can walk there freely," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned leader of Republican People's Party Kemal Kilicdaroglu, who is going to hold a protest in Istanbul. He said it is not a problem if somebody holds a peaceful protest, but if people are instigated to do something, this will be prevented. "If they hold a protest with 20 000 people, we will hold it with 200 000 people. If they gather 100 000 people, we will gather 1 million people. Don't make us do this!"
- 24/07/2014 EU consider sanctions against Russia
- 24/07/2014 Lithuania to join euro area and single supervisory mechanism: ECB
- 24/07/2014 Bavarian interior ministry bans neo-Nazi network
- 23/07/2014 France heads defense council on Middle East, Ukraine crises
- 23/07/2014 Bulgarian gov't resigns on eve of early elections
- 22/07/2014 Six people killed in road accident in central France
- 22/07/2014 Italy continues struggle with migrants issue
- 22/07/2014 Heavy rains hit northern Slovakia
- 22/07/2014 Germany's richest man Karl Albrecht dead
- 22/07/2014 OSCE monitors get full access to Malaysian Boeing crash site
- 21/07/2014 Turkey declares three-day mourning for Gaza
- 21/07/2014 Georgia sacks seven ministers
- 21/07/2014 Russian, French presidents emphasize importance of objective investigation of plane crash in Ukraine
- 20/07/2014 18 migrants found dead south of Italy: media
- 20/07/2014 Azerbaijani Army servicemen meet traffic accident: one died, 3 injured
- 19/07/2014 Lavrov, Kerry call for int’l investigation of Boeing-777 crash in Ukraine
- 19/07/2014 Malaysian airliner shot down by Russia, Erdoğan says
- 19/07/2014 Rebel leader gives bizarre account of plane crash
- 18/07/2014 Merkel sees no signs of de-escalation of Ukrainian conflict
- 18/07/2014 Angela Merkel: “Germany support Israel”
- 18/07/2014 UK officially requests UN Security Council extraordinary session over Ukraine
- 18/07/2014 At least 154 Dutch citizens killed in Ukraine air disaster
- 17/07/2014 Latvian FM calls for changes in format of Eastern Partnership
- 17/07/2014 Merkel: EU summit to discuss new sanctions against Russia
- 17/07/2014 Swedish court upholds arrest warrant for Assange
- 16/07/2014 PKK terrorists kidnap 2 girls in southeastern Turkey
- 16/07/2014 Turkish, Russian Deputy FMs discuss issue of Crimean Tatars
- 16/07/2014 Britain names new foreign secretary
- 15/07/2014 Germany, France help Serbia to fight organized crime
- 15/07/2014 Brussels’ sanctions decision to become test for entire EU — Poland's FM
- 15/07/2014 Ukraine, Russia, OSCE to hold talks with separatists in Ukraine
- 15/07/2014 Serbian FM presents 2015 OSCE Chairmanship priorities
- 15/07/2014 German FM says two-state solution key to end crisis in Gaza
- 15/07/2014 William Hague quits as British foreign secretary
- 14/07/2014 P5+1 reach single position in nuclear talks with Iran: Germany
- 14/07/2014 Council of EU adopts rules for SRM creation
- 14/07/2014 US State Secretary, Iranian FM hold second meeting in Vienna
- 14/07/2014 Italy accused of blocking tougher sanctions on Russia
- 13/07/2014 Foreign ministers of six nations to join consultations on Iran in Vienna
- 13/07/2014 Damning Sarkozy phone call leaked