Addressing the congress of Turkey Exporters Assembly, Recep Tayyip Erdogan said those who protest against the government must do it through the law and election.
"Those who want to achieve results beyond the election are acting against the democracy. Everyone must express his position in this country. But no one has the right to hold illegal actions, harm the passers-by and stir up tension in the country," he said.
Prime Minister said the protests are the games of the opposition and some illegal groups.
"All must see this game. The question is not Gezi Park, this is an ideological issue. The project that we are realizing in Taksim square will be continued. Police were there yesterday, they will also be there tomorrow," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the fact of excessive use of tear gas by the police will be investigated, but said it is normal to use tear gas when it is necessary.
Prime Minister stated that as the new project in Taksim will be realized, Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished.
"Ataturk Culture Center will also be demolished, an opera house is to be built there. It should be an important center and tourists should view with pride. We want to stop traffic in Taksim, give the square to the people, pedestrians so that everyone can walk there freely," he said.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned leader of Republican People's Party Kemal Kilicdaroglu, who is going to hold a protest in Istanbul. He said it is not a problem if somebody holds a peaceful protest, but if people are instigated to do something, this will be prevented. "If they hold a protest with 20 000 people, we will hold it with 200 000 people. If they gather 100 000 people, we will gather 1 million people. Don't make us do this!"
- 03/09/2014 EU minister: Turkey to embark on fast train on EU process
- 03/09/2014 Main Prosecutor's Office of Georgia made a statement in connection with the detention of Mikhail Saakashvili in Greece
- 02/09/2014 New sanctions against Russia - EU plans to respond in "strongest possible way"
- 02/09/2014 Merkel addresses parliament on weapon deliveries to Iraq
- 02/09/2014 Netherlands joins new NATO mission to Afghanistan
- 01/09/2014 Rescue operation continues after Paris building blast
- 31/08/2014 Slovakia says it may veto new EU sanctions against Russia
- 31/08/2014 European Parliament to send observers to elections in Ukraine
- 31/08/2014 EU leader call for stronger sanctions against Russia
- 31/08/2014 Mogherini of Italy appointed EU foreign policy chief
- 30/08/2014 Tusk elected new president of Council of Europe
- 30/08/2014 Finnish Prime Minister: “EU leaders won't set new sanctions on Russia”
- 30/08/2014 Leaders congratulate Turkey's new PM
- 30/08/2014 Iranian student ordered to leave Norway
- 30/08/2014 Oslo mayor regrets using illegal labor
- 30/08/2014 UN Security Council calls for protection of humanitarian personnel
- 30/08/2014 Turkey, Germany ministers discuss spying claims
- 29/08/2014 Poland, Ukraine bar overflight by Russian defence minister's plane
- 29/08/2014 OSCE advance team arrives in Mariupol, starts monitoring
- 29/08/2014 Turkey's new government announced
- 29/08/2014 Police chief of Armenia’s Artik city misappropriates large quantities of food and cigarettes under guise of assisting army
- 29/08/2014 First human trials of Ebola vaccine to start next week
- 29/08/2014 EU expresses concerns over economic confidence falling in August
- 28/08/2014 U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- 28/08/2014 Sweden authorizes NATO troops to enter its territory
- 28/08/2014 Recep Tayyip Erdogan officially takes office as 12th Turkish president - PHOTOSESSION - UPDATED
- 28/08/2014 Switzerland convenes urgent OSCE Permanent Council meeting on Ukraine
- 28/08/2014 Danish military to combat against ISIL in Iraq
- 28/08/2014 Germany to decide on military aid for Iraq on Sunday: minister
- 28/08/2014 French FM dismisses claims of Turkish support to IS
- 27/08/2014 Putin, Merkel speak for soonest possible termination of bloodshed in Ukraine
- 27/08/2014 Air France urged to halt flights to Ebola-stricken Freetown
- 27/08/2014 Turkey’s ruling party elects Davutoğlu as new chair
- 27/08/2014 EU offered Ukraine and the RF to reach the agreement on gas, without the Stockholm court
- 27/08/2014 Obama says eradicating Islamic State will not be easy
- 27/08/2014 Latvia to hold military exercises, to be joined by 1000 foreign forces
- 27/08/2014 252 arrested during Notting Hill Carnival
- 27/08/2014 NATO chief welcomes last ISAF command handover
- 26/08/2014 Rasmussen: ‘NATO does not recognize the election held in Abkhazia’
- 25/08/2014 Swiss economy minister postpones visit to Russia over situation in Ukraine