Press service of General Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan told APA that due to the need that has arisen in the investigated within the Investigation Department of the Prosecutor General for Serious cases of the criminal case, provided for questioning as witnesses chairman functioning in Baku officially unregistered "Institute for Peace and Democracy" and Leyla Yunus working at the Institute as an expert Arif Yunus.
Despite handing them personally in accordance with the requirements of the criminal procedural law writs of arrival at the investigative agency for questioning in the case, as well as their repeated notification by telephone, said persons to evade investigation for a good reason.
Arif Yunusov on April 25 admitted to hospital with a diagnosis of "third degree of hypertension, hypertensive crisis" and was discharged on April 28, but despite this, they did not show up to testify in the investigation and tried to cash in one of the largest banks money.
On April 28 at around 23.00 Leyla Yunus using some employees of foreign embassies were in the Heydar Aliyev International Airport to leave the country with a view , but their attempt to evade investigation by leaving country by Flight Baku- Doha for one of European countries have been prevented .
Based on the decision of Yasamal district court held inspection of personal baggage, were seized documents and things of importance to the case, including, in particular, as evidence, the documents were seized property in a foreign country, decorated in the name Leila Yunusova and information carriers and other documents.
On the basis of the Court sanctions searches were conducted in the home and workplace of these individuals.
Leila Yunusova was questioned as a witness, Yunusov due to deteriorating health was re- admitted to hospital for further treatment.
In all investigative actions were provided counsel presen , most invited Leila Yunusov in progress necessary and urgent investigative and operational activities in compliance with the requirements of the criminal procedure law .
- 19/12/2014 Mazahir Panahov: “1,000 stations have been supplied with web-camera to observe the municipal elections”
- 17/12/2014 Azerbaijani President: "The unity between the people and the government is the basic foundation of our success"
- 17/12/2014 President Ilham Aliyev: "In Azerbaijan no one will feel the decline in oil prices"
- 16/12/2014 Siyavush Novruzov: US started black genocide
- 16/12/2014 Azerbaijani President attends first All-Republican Forum of ASAN Volunteers in Sabirabad
- 15/12/2014 President Ilham Aliyev visited Sabirabad region- PHOTO
- 15/12/2014 Mirgafar Seyidov dismisses five department chiefs - EXCLUSIVE
- 13/12/2014 Dozens killed in Afghanistan fighting as foreign troops head home
- 13/12/2014 Nearly 40,000 people to observe municipal elections in Azerbaijan
- 13/12/2014 Serdar Jalaloglu: “We were pleased with the meeting”
- 13/12/2014 Head of the Department at Azerbaijani Presidential Administration announces results of dialogue with chairmen of opposition parties
- 13/12/2014 Ali Hasanov: “The Azerbaijani government has always been open for constructive cooperation and dialogue with its political opponents
- 13/12/2014 Government-opposition dialogue kicks off
- 12/12/2014 No death reported in E. Ukraine as ceasefire largely holds
- 12/12/2014 Baku Mayor's Office authorizes Musavat Party rally on December 14
- 12/12/2014 Azerbaijani President pays tribute to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 12/12/2014 Eleven years pass since Heydar Aliyev died
- 11/12/2014 32,427 people registered to observe Azerbaijan municipal elections
- 11/12/2014 Ali Hasanov: We’ve stated many times that the Azerbaijani government is always ready for dialogue and cooperation with all socio-political organizations
- 09/12/2014 Philippine capital braces for storm, as Hagupit leaves 27 dead
- 09/12/2014 EU to assess budgetary rules broken countries in March
- 09/12/2014 U.S. says allies to send about 1,500 troops to Iraq
- 08/12/2014 Azerbaijan appeals to CoE Congress of Local and Regional Authorities for municipal election observation
- 08/12/2014 Ali Hasanov: Statements of some local and foreign organizations on Khadija Ismayilova’s arrest biased and baseless
- 08/12/2014 Bahar Muradova comments on arrest of journalist Khadija Ismayilova
- 07/12/2014 Cargo plane detained in Nigeria does not belong to Russia - embassy
- 06/12/2014 Car rolls down ravine in Ujar, 3 dead
- 04/12/2014 Horrific road accident claims three lives in Goranboy - PHOTOSESSION
- 03/12/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviews construction progress at fountain and waterfall complex in Khatai District
- 03/12/2014 Azerbaijani President: The only negative case in oil price fall is that what we have planned to do in one year we will do within two years
- 03/12/2014 Azerbaijani President: IS 'fruit' of policy carried out in Middle East over last ten years
- 03/12/2014 Ali Hasanov: Journalists in Muslim countries can unite and demonstrate a unified position
- 03/12/2014 Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijan can be model for Afghanistan"
- 02/12/2014 Department head of Prosecutor General’s Office dismissed
- 30/11/2014 Pre-election campaign on municipal elections in Azerbaijan started
- 28/11/2014 Bahar Muradova: We won’t forgive those who betray state and its interests
- 28/11/2014 Azerbaijani Minister of Emergency Situations receives citizens in Mingachevir - PHOTO
- 28/11/2014 Azerbaijani parliament adopts state budget package for 2015
- 28/11/2014 Ogtay Asadov: European Parliament takes biased and double-standard approach toward Azerbaijan
- 28/11/2014 Armenian journalist defends Leyla Yunus