Press service of General Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan told APA that due to the need that has arisen in the investigated within the Investigation Department of the Prosecutor General for Serious cases of the criminal case, provided for questioning as witnesses chairman functioning in Baku officially unregistered "Institute for Peace and Democracy" and Leyla Yunus working at the Institute as an expert Arif Yunus.
Despite handing them personally in accordance with the requirements of the criminal procedural law writs of arrival at the investigative agency for questioning in the case, as well as their repeated notification by telephone, said persons to evade investigation for a good reason.
Arif Yunusov on April 25 admitted to hospital with a diagnosis of "third degree of hypertension, hypertensive crisis" and was discharged on April 28, but despite this, they did not show up to testify in the investigation and tried to cash in one of the largest banks money.
On April 28 at around 23.00 Leyla Yunus using some employees of foreign embassies were in the Heydar Aliyev International Airport to leave the country with a view , but their attempt to evade investigation by leaving country by Flight Baku- Doha for one of European countries have been prevented .
Based on the decision of Yasamal district court held inspection of personal baggage, were seized documents and things of importance to the case, including, in particular, as evidence, the documents were seized property in a foreign country, decorated in the name Leila Yunusova and information carriers and other documents.
On the basis of the Court sanctions searches were conducted in the home and workplace of these individuals.
Leila Yunusova was questioned as a witness, Yunusov due to deteriorating health was re- admitted to hospital for further treatment.
In all investigative actions were provided counsel presen , most invited Leila Yunusov in progress necessary and urgent investigative and operational activities in compliance with the requirements of the criminal procedure law .
- 21/11/2014 Kerry to leave nuke talks, Iran ponders next step
- 21/11/2014 President Ilham Aliyev receives Bulgarian Vice President
- 21/11/2014 Ilqar Mammadov admitted to medical station
- 19/11/2014 Azerbaijani President signs order on extra support to development of Garabagh horse breed in Azerbaijan
- 16/11/2014 Azerbaijani President: "Until 2018, main infrastructure and social issues to find solutions in our country"
- 15/11/2014 Novruz Mammadov: Azerbaijan has ensured its political and economic independence
- 15/11/2014 Azerbaijani President arrives in Shamkir District on a visit
- 14/11/2014 President Ilham Aliyev attended the opening of a new IDP settlement in Ganja - PHOTO
- 14/11/2014 Azerbaijan beforehand warned co-chairs of any Armenian provocations, Foreign Ministry says
- 13/11/2014 Ban meets Myanmar officials, says concerned about Rohingya minority
- 12/11/2014 UN Security Council to meet over Ukraine on November 12
- 12/11/2014 Azerbaijan marks Day of Constitution
- 09/11/2014 Azerbaijan marks National Flag Day
- 07/11/2014 President Ilham Aliyev awards SOCAR employees
- 06/11/2014 Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 3.6 mln for highway contruction in Lankaran
- 06/11/2014 Baku Mayor’s Office authorizes National Council’s rally
- 05/11/2014 Rainless weather expected in Azerbaijan tomorrow
- 29/10/2014 World community should jointly fight against terrorism, separatism – President
- 29/10/2014 Politicians giving populist promises cause problems for their people – Azerbaijani President
- 29/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev: A large number of people live in tolerance in Azerbaijan
- 28/10/2014 Traffic to be restricted in Baku
- 28/10/2014 Siyavush Novruzov: US has not yet made statement on return of Azerbaijan’s occupied territories
- 28/10/2014 Azerbaijani President: Poverty, unemployment rate significantly reduced among all population groups, including youth
- 28/10/2014 Azerbaijani Parliament starts next meeting
- 25/10/2014 29 people killed in violence in Afghanistan's Farah province
- 25/10/2014 Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- 24/10/2014 President of Croatian Supreme Court: Azerbaijan has made great progress toward democracy
- 22/10/2014 Gunman killed, shots fired at 3 different locations - UPDATED
- 22/10/2014 Syrian air force destroys old war jets captured by IS
- 22/10/2014 Date and agenda of Azerbaijani Parliament’s next meeting made public
- 21/10/2014 Nomination of candidates for upcoming municipal elections in Azerbaijan to start tomorrow
- 21/10/2014 Azerbaijan to hold municipal elections on December 23
- 20/10/2014 Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 2m to speed up socio-economic development of Dashkasan District
- 20/10/2014 AB Standard sharply increases capital
- 18/10/2014 Released former NIDA members visit Heydar Aliyev’s grave - PHOTOSESSION
- 18/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Goranboy District
- 18/10/2014 Azerbaijan marks 23rd anniversary of independence
- 17/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev attended the opening of a new bus station in Dashkasan
- 17/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviewed the conditions created at a new office building of the Dashkasan District Executive Authority
- 17/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev attended the opening of the Heydar Aliyev Center in Dashkasan