Press service of General Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan told APA that due to the need that has arisen in the investigated within the Investigation Department of the Prosecutor General for Serious cases of the criminal case, provided for questioning as witnesses chairman functioning in Baku officially unregistered "Institute for Peace and Democracy" and Leyla Yunus working at the Institute as an expert Arif Yunus.
Despite handing them personally in accordance with the requirements of the criminal procedural law writs of arrival at the investigative agency for questioning in the case, as well as their repeated notification by telephone, said persons to evade investigation for a good reason.
Arif Yunusov on April 25 admitted to hospital with a diagnosis of "third degree of hypertension, hypertensive crisis" and was discharged on April 28, but despite this, they did not show up to testify in the investigation and tried to cash in one of the largest banks money.
On April 28 at around 23.00 Leyla Yunus using some employees of foreign embassies were in the Heydar Aliyev International Airport to leave the country with a view , but their attempt to evade investigation by leaving country by Flight Baku- Doha for one of European countries have been prevented .
Based on the decision of Yasamal district court held inspection of personal baggage, were seized documents and things of importance to the case, including, in particular, as evidence, the documents were seized property in a foreign country, decorated in the name Leila Yunusova and information carriers and other documents.
On the basis of the Court sanctions searches were conducted in the home and workplace of these individuals.
Leila Yunusova was questioned as a witness, Yunusov due to deteriorating health was re- admitted to hospital for further treatment.
In all investigative actions were provided counsel presen , most invited Leila Yunusov in progress necessary and urgent investigative and operational activities in compliance with the requirements of the criminal procedure law .
- 28/02/2015 Ebola virus death toll in West Africa reaches 9,660 — WHO
- 26/02/2015 Vuqar Aliyev appointed as Deputy Head of Socio-Political Affairs Department of Presidential Administration
- 26/02/2015 Azerbaijani President confers ‘Tereggi’ medal on employees of AzerTAc
- 26/02/2015 Azerbaijan State Telegraph Agency renamed
- 26/02/2015 “Appeal court” of separatist Nagorno Karabakh regime to issue verdict on Azerbaijani hostages on March 10 - UPDATED
- 26/02/2015 President Ilham Aliyev pays tribute to Khojaly Genocide victims - UPDATED
- 25/02/2015 Azerbaijani President awards Artur Rasizade with “Shohrat” order
- 24/02/2015 Azerbaijani President reviews newly-built residential complex for IDP families in Mingachevir - PHOTOSESSION
- 24/02/2015 President Ilham Aliyev reviewed the ongoing redevelopment work at the Heydar Aliyev Park in Mingachevir - PHOTOSESSION
- 24/02/2015 Azerbaijani President: “Gradual appreciation of manat had a negative effect on the development of our economy”
- 24/02/2015 President Ilham Aliyev reviewed the reconstruction work at Mingachevir City Central Hospital - PHOTOSESSION
- 24/02/2015 President Ilham Aliyev visited Kur Olympic Training and Sports Center in Mingachevir
- 24/02/2015 President Ilham Aliyev visits Mingachevir
- 24/02/2015 Azerbaijani Parliament discusses decline in manat
- 24/02/2015 Azerbaijani Parliament starts meeting with commemoration of Khojaly genocide victims
- 24/02/2015 Today is “Water Tuesday” of Novruz in Azerbaijan
- 23/02/2015 Azerbaijani President confirms Action Plan on celebration of 70th anniversary of victory in Great Patriotic War
- 23/02/2015 Traffic movement to be restricted in some streets of Baku due to Khojaly genocide anniversary
- 23/02/2015 Ali Hasanov appointed as assistant of President of Azerbaijan
- 20/02/2015 APFP deputy chairman Razi Nurullayev dismissed
- 19/02/2015 Several youths resign from movement created at Gubad Ibadoglu’s initiative
- 19/02/2015 Armenians hack website of Azerbaijanfilm studio
- 13/02/2015 MP proposes to abolish a number of state agencies in Azerbaijan
- 12/02/2015 Ali Hasanov: In Azerbaijan, there are some NGOs that operate on order
- 12/02/2015 Ali Hasanov announces government-opposition meeting details
- 12/02/2015 Ali Hasanov: Government, political parties can discuss any issues
- 12/02/2015 Next government-opposition meeting starts - PHOTO
- 11/02/2015 Musavat Party not to attend government-opposition meeting
- 10/02/2015 Next government-opposition meeting to be held with participation of PA department head Ali Hasanov
- 09/02/2015 Merkel and Obama meet as arming Ukraine debated
- 09/02/2015 BTC transports 2.5 mln tonnes of Azerbaijani oil
- 09/02/2015 Fazil Mammadov given special rank of first-grade state tax adviser
- 06/02/2015 Gubad Ibadoglu excluded from Musavat Party - UPDATED
- 05/02/2015 Nakhchivan permanent representation in Baku: Media reports that Vasif Talibov was taken to Baku due to illness are provocation
- 05/02/2015 Azerbaijan’s State Land and Cartography Committee abolished
- 05/02/2015 NATO ministers to meet on Russia, upgrading response force
- 03/02/2015 Polad Bulbuloglu awarded Sharaf order
- 03/02/2015 Syrian troops ambush rebels in Hama province: state media
- 02/02/2015 Obama to meet Merkel on global issues: White House
- 02/02/2015 Sports betting ban proposed in Azerbaijan