Press service of General Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan told APA that due to the need that has arisen in the investigated within the Investigation Department of the Prosecutor General for Serious cases of the criminal case, provided for questioning as witnesses chairman functioning in Baku officially unregistered "Institute for Peace and Democracy" and Leyla Yunus working at the Institute as an expert Arif Yunus.
Despite handing them personally in accordance with the requirements of the criminal procedural law writs of arrival at the investigative agency for questioning in the case, as well as their repeated notification by telephone, said persons to evade investigation for a good reason.
Arif Yunusov on April 25 admitted to hospital with a diagnosis of "third degree of hypertension, hypertensive crisis" and was discharged on April 28, but despite this, they did not show up to testify in the investigation and tried to cash in one of the largest banks money.
On April 28 at around 23.00 Leyla Yunus using some employees of foreign embassies were in the Heydar Aliyev International Airport to leave the country with a view , but their attempt to evade investigation by leaving country by Flight Baku- Doha for one of European countries have been prevented .
Based on the decision of Yasamal district court held inspection of personal baggage, were seized documents and things of importance to the case, including, in particular, as evidence, the documents were seized property in a foreign country, decorated in the name Leila Yunusova and information carriers and other documents.
On the basis of the Court sanctions searches were conducted in the home and workplace of these individuals.
Leila Yunusova was questioned as a witness, Yunusov due to deteriorating health was re- admitted to hospital for further treatment.
In all investigative actions were provided counsel presen , most invited Leila Yunusov in progress necessary and urgent investigative and operational activities in compliance with the requirements of the criminal procedure law .
- 12/09/2014 President Ilham Aliyev attended the opening of the French Lyceum of Baku
- 12/09/2014 Ibadoghlu officially announces his candidacy for Musavat chairmanship
- 11/09/2014 Scores injured, houses damaged after shallow quake hits West Sumatra Indonesia
- 11/09/2014 Russia successfully tests nuclear missile, more planned - navy chief
- 11/09/2014 Ukraine may become UN Security Council non-permanent member in 2016
- 10/09/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviews schools No. 32 and No. 12 in Baku
- 10/09/2014 Baku Mayor’s Office responds to appeal of Musavat Party
- 09/09/2014 Arif Hajili nominates his candidature for post of Musavat chairman
- 09/09/2014 Islamic State fighters using US arms: study
- 06/09/2014 Defense Ministry investigates hostage-taking of Azerbaijani citizen
- 05/09/2014 Ukrainian president orders ceasefire in east
- 05/09/2014 NATO welcomes Minsk truce deal if it leads to real ceasefire — Rasmussen
- 04/09/2014 Azerbaijani President awards Turkish counterpart with the "Heydar Aliyev" Order - PHOTOSESSION - UPDATED
- 02/09/2014 President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 2 mln to Youths and Sport Ministry
- 29/08/2014 President Ilham Aliyev attends openings of several facilities in Fuzuli District
- 29/08/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviews secondary school No. 46 in Baku after major repair and reconstruction
- 28/08/2014 President Ilham Aliyev visits Fuzuli region
- 28/08/2014 President Ilham Aliyev attends openings of a number of facilities
- 27/08/2014 Azerbaijani President: “By all means we defend and will defend our independence”
- 26/08/2014 Putin and Poroshenko set out different paths to peace in Ukraine
- 26/08/2014 Azerbaijani President attends opening of Carpet Museum
- 26/08/2014 Azerbaijani president attends opening of rebuilt secondary school No 23 in Baku
- 26/08/2014 Azerbaijan’s First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva marks her birthday
- 26/08/2014 Israeli air strikes kill two Palestinians, 20 wounded
- 26/08/2014 Russia grants asylum to banker wanted by Lithuania: prosecutors
- 25/08/2014 U.N. accuses Islamic State of mass killings
- 25/08/2014 Another McDonald’s in Russia closes in food standards probe
- 23/08/2014 Baltics and Poland need more military infrastructure: Latvia
- 22/08/2014 14 years pass since Abulfaz Elchibey’s death
- 18/08/2014 Woman throws herself into Kur along with her 2-year-old grandson in Azerbaijan
- 14/08/2014 Azerbaijan’s first lady awarded with ‘Astrakhan Oblast Order of Merit’
- 12/08/2014 Turkish citizens appeal to Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry for fighting against Armenians - EXCLUSIVE
- 11/08/2014 Azerbaijani Parliament starts autumn session on August 30
- 08/08/2014 Azerbaijani Defense Ministry informs foreign military attachés about recent tension on frontline
- 08/08/2014 Hamas armed wing ready to resume fight in Gaza: spokesman
- 08/08/2014 Russia officially publishes list of sanctions against Western states
- 07/08/2014 Russian government bans Ukrainian airlines from flying through Russian airspace to Azerbaijan
- 06/08/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviewed progress of construction of Heydar Aliyev park in Barda
- 06/08/2014 President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of new settlement built for IDP families
- 06/08/2014 Azerbaijani President, Supreme Commander-in-Chief Ilham Aliyev holds operational conference on the frontline