General Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan: "An attempt of Leila and Arif Yunusovs to evade investigation by leaving the country forever prevented"
Press service of General Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan told APA that due to the need that has arisen in the investigated within the Investigation Department of the Prosecutor General for Serious cases of the criminal case, provided for questioning as witnesses chairman functioning in Baku officially unregistered "Institute for Peace and Democracy" and Leyla Yunus working at the Institute as an expert Arif Yunus.
Despite handing them personally in accordance with the requirements of the criminal procedural law writs of arrival at the investigative agency for questioning in the case, as well as their repeated notification by telephone, said persons to evade investigation for a good reason.
Arif Yunusov on April 25 admitted to hospital with a diagnosis of "third degree of hypertension, hypertensive crisis" and was discharged on April 28, but despite this, they did not show up to testify in the investigation and tried to cash in one of the largest banks money.
On April 28 at around 23.00 Leyla Yunus using some employees of foreign embassies were in the Heydar Aliyev International Airport to leave the country with a view , but their attempt to evade investigation by leaving country by Flight Baku- Doha for one of European countries have been prevented .
Based on the decision of Yasamal district court held inspection of personal baggage, were seized documents and things of importance to the case, including, in particular, as evidence, the documents were seized property in a foreign country, decorated in the name Leila Yunusova and information carriers and other documents.
On the basis of the Court sanctions searches were conducted in the home and workplace of these individuals.
Leila Yunusova was questioned as a witness, Yunusov due to deteriorating health was re- admitted to hospital for further treatment.
In all investigative actions were provided counsel presen , most invited Leila Yunusov in progress necessary and urgent investigative and operational activities in compliance with the requirements of the criminal procedure law .
Related news releases
- 31.05.2016New chairman of Azerbaijani CEC Press Group named
- 31.05.2016Azerbaijani parliament to convene extraordinary session
- 28.05.2016Azerbaijani President: “No one is allowed to interfere in our internal affairs”
- 28.05.2016Azerbaijan celebrates Republic Day
- 27.05.2016Azerbaijan has never been as powerful as now – president
- 27.05.2016Double standards towards Azerbaijan must be ended, says President Aliyev
- 27.05.2016President Aliyev: Memory of founders of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic will always leave in people’s hearts
- 27.05.2016Azerbaijani president attends official reception on Republic Day
- 27.05.2016President Ilham Aliyev visits memorial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 26.05.2016Dozens feared drowned as latest migrant boat sinks off Libya
- 26.05.2016Azerbaijani CEC: Last year almost all parties failed to present financial reports in time
- 26.05.2016538 voters above age of 100 in Azerbaijan
- 26.05.2016Number of voters in Azerbaijan announced
- 25.05.2016Azerbaijani president named "The World’s Person of the Year 2015"
- 23.05.2016Human remains found off Turkmen coast do not belong to missing Azerbaijani oilman
- 21.05.2016Date, agenda announced of last meeting of Azerbaijani parliament’s spring session
- 20.05.2016Azerbaijani parliament adopts amnesty bill - UPDATED
- 20.05.2016Mehriban Aliyeva: Those covered by amnesty act should be shown humanism and mercy
- 19.05.2016CEC considers Ilgar Mammadov’s complaint
- 19.05.2016New head of Gazakh district executive authority named
- 19.05.2016New head of Yardimli district executive power appointed
- 19.05.2016For European banks, U.S. assurances on Iran come with asterisks
- 16.05.2016Azerbaijan still faces terrorist threats, says parliament vice-speaker
- 15.05.2016Turkish Defense Minister arrives in Azerbaijan
- 12.05.2016New head appointed to Administration of State Historical Architectural Reserve "Icherisheher"
- 11.05.2016President Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s non-oil sector to flourish in 2017-2018
- 10.05.2016Azerbaijani MES holds event marking national leader Heydar Aliyev’s 93rd birthday anniversary
- 10.05.2016Azerbaijani president pays respect to country’s national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2016Azerbaijan marks 93rd birthday anniversary of National Leader Heydar Aliyev
- 07.05.2016Armenians see President Ilham Aliyev as main reason for their defeat - ANALYSIS
- 06.05.2016North Korean leader hails nuclear success in opening congress
- 06.05.2016Azerbaijani parliament starts next plenary meeting
- 06.05.2016Italy-Azerbaijan business forum to be held in June
- 05.05.2016US pollster: Over 96% of Azerbaijani population trust President Ilham Aliyev
- 05.05.2016CEC: Ilgar Mammadov loses right to be elected MP
- 04.05.2016Turkish strikes in Syria kill 13 Daesh terrorists
- 30.04.2016US Department of State calls Azerbaijan and Armenia to return to the process of peaceful settlement
- 30.04.2016Azerbaijani President: "2016 is the year of deep economic reforms"
- 29.04.2016Date and agenda of Azerbaijani parliament’s next meeting announced
- 29.04.2016Azerbaijani parliament condemns Armenian provocations