General Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan: "An attempt of Leila and Arif Yunusovs to evade investigation by leaving the country forever prevented"
Press service of General Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan told APA that due to the need that has arisen in the investigated within the Investigation Department of the Prosecutor General for Serious cases of the criminal case, provided for questioning as witnesses chairman functioning in Baku officially unregistered "Institute for Peace and Democracy" and Leyla Yunus working at the Institute as an expert Arif Yunus.
Despite handing them personally in accordance with the requirements of the criminal procedural law writs of arrival at the investigative agency for questioning in the case, as well as their repeated notification by telephone, said persons to evade investigation for a good reason.
Arif Yunusov on April 25 admitted to hospital with a diagnosis of "third degree of hypertension, hypertensive crisis" and was discharged on April 28, but despite this, they did not show up to testify in the investigation and tried to cash in one of the largest banks money.
On April 28 at around 23.00 Leyla Yunus using some employees of foreign embassies were in the Heydar Aliyev International Airport to leave the country with a view , but their attempt to evade investigation by leaving country by Flight Baku- Doha for one of European countries have been prevented .
Based on the decision of Yasamal district court held inspection of personal baggage, were seized documents and things of importance to the case, including, in particular, as evidence, the documents were seized property in a foreign country, decorated in the name Leila Yunusova and information carriers and other documents.
On the basis of the Court sanctions searches were conducted in the home and workplace of these individuals.
Leila Yunusova was questioned as a witness, Yunusov due to deteriorating health was re- admitted to hospital for further treatment.
In all investigative actions were provided counsel presen , most invited Leila Yunusov in progress necessary and urgent investigative and operational activities in compliance with the requirements of the criminal procedure law .
Related news releases
- 30.04.2016US Department of State calls Azerbaijan and Armenia to return to the process of peaceful settlement
- 30.04.2016Azerbaijani President: "2016 is the year of deep economic reforms"
- 29.04.2016Date and agenda of Azerbaijani parliament’s next meeting announced
- 29.04.2016Azerbaijani parliament condemns Armenian provocations
- 29.04.2016Azerbaijani president arrives in Aghsu district
- 29.04.2016Azerbaijan to approve ethics conduct rules for MPs
- 29.04.2016Foreign journalists visit Azerbaijani civilians injured in Armenian shelling
- 28.04.2016Armenian artillery fire destroys 30 houses in Azerbaijan's Aghdam
- 27.04.2016Azerbaijani president approves Open Government Initiative National Action Plan for 2016-2018
- 27.04.2016Azerbaijan replaces judges of a number of courts of first instance - LIST
- 26.04.2016All freedoms secured in Azerbaijan – President Aliyev
- 23.04.2016Efforts underway to extinguish fire on Russian tanker in Caspian, one person missing - UPDATED
- 22.04.2016US Dept of State corrects John Kirby’s comment on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 20.04.2016Members appointed to Council of State Support to NGOs under President of Azerbaijan
- 20.04.2016Azerbaijan changing rules of detention of citizens by police
- 19.04.2016FIFA chief sees no problems in holding 2022 World Cup in Qatar in winter
- 19.04.2016Azerbaijani parliamentary speaker: April events disproved hopes for fragile ceasefire
- 18.04.2016Armenian president on a visit to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 18.04.2016New head of Jabrayil district executive authority appointed
- 16.04.2016Appeal made to world scientific community over 1914-1920 Genocide of Turkic-Muslim population of Azerbaijan and Eastern Anatolia
- 15.04.2016Mazahir Panahov reelected Azerbaijani CEC chairman
- 15.04.2016Azerbaijan’s parliament approves CEC’s new composition
- 15.04.2016Azerbaijani first lady attends Special Session on First Ladies’ Leadership on Cancer Control in OIC Member States
- 12.04.2016Head of State Historical and Architectural Reserve ‘Icherisheher’ administration dismissed
- 12.04.2016Candidates for new composition of Azerbaijani CEC named - LIST
- 11.04.2016State Housing Agency under the President of Azerbaijan established
- 11.04.2016Two state commissions dissolved in Azerbaijan
- 11.04.2016Azerbaijanis hold protest outside Armenian embassy in Brussels
- 11.04.2016OSCE PA discusses Karabakh conflict
- 10.04.2016Azerbaijani President: "Only 36 inspections held on the business objects for the first quarter of 2016"
- 10.04.2016Azerbaijani President: “We have no problems with any of the neighboring countries, except Armenia”
- 10.04.2016President Ilham Aliyev: “Social policy has always been and will be a priority”
- 10.04.2016Azerbaijani President: “2016 will be a year of deep economic reforms”
- 09.04.2016Azerbaijani CEC may renew its composition
- 09.04.2016President Aliyev: Armenian sabotage got deserved response from Azerbaijan
- 09.04.2016Azerbaijani president chairs meeting of Cabinet of Ministers
- 09.04.2016Azerbaijani PM meets Chairman of the government of the Russian Federation
- 07.04.2016Mass protest held outside Armenian embassy in Netherlands
- 07.04.2016Azerbaijani Defense Ministry’s medical department launches hotline call service
- 05.04.2016President Aliyev: All major int’l organizations support Azerbaijan’s stance