Press service of General Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan told APA that due to the need that has arisen in the investigated within the Investigation Department of the Prosecutor General for Serious cases of the criminal case, provided for questioning as witnesses chairman functioning in Baku officially unregistered "Institute for Peace and Democracy" and Leyla Yunus working at the Institute as an expert Arif Yunus.
Despite handing them personally in accordance with the requirements of the criminal procedural law writs of arrival at the investigative agency for questioning in the case, as well as their repeated notification by telephone, said persons to evade investigation for a good reason.
Arif Yunusov on April 25 admitted to hospital with a diagnosis of "third degree of hypertension, hypertensive crisis" and was discharged on April 28, but despite this, they did not show up to testify in the investigation and tried to cash in one of the largest banks money.
On April 28 at around 23.00 Leyla Yunus using some employees of foreign embassies were in the Heydar Aliyev International Airport to leave the country with a view , but their attempt to evade investigation by leaving country by Flight Baku- Doha for one of European countries have been prevented .
Based on the decision of Yasamal district court held inspection of personal baggage, were seized documents and things of importance to the case, including, in particular, as evidence, the documents were seized property in a foreign country, decorated in the name Leila Yunusova and information carriers and other documents.
On the basis of the Court sanctions searches were conducted in the home and workplace of these individuals.
Leila Yunusova was questioned as a witness, Yunusov due to deteriorating health was re- admitted to hospital for further treatment.
In all investigative actions were provided counsel presen , most invited Leila Yunusov in progress necessary and urgent investigative and operational activities in compliance with the requirements of the criminal procedure law .
- 30/08/2015 Military plane crashes in northern Nigeria, killing seven
- 30/08/2015 Thousands rally in Beirut against political leaders, rot
- 28/08/2015 Azerbaijan parliamentary elections set for Nov. 1
- 27/08/2015 Mehriban Aliyeva: "Thank you for your love and trust"
- 26/08/2015 Ali Ahmadov, US ambassador discuss preparations for parliamentary elections
- 26/08/2015 Official website of Azerbaijan’s First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva redesigned - PHOTO
- 26/08/2015 Azerbaijan’s First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva marks her birthday
- 25/08/2015 Tariff Council approves the price of 801 medicines
- 23/08/2015 22 years passed since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli and Jabrayil regions by Armenian armed forces
- 21/08/2015 Azerbaijani police to prevent attempts of unauthorized events during election period – deputy interior minister
- 21/08/2015 Upcoming parliamentary elections in Azerbaijan must be model for other countries, says first vice-speaker
- 21/08/2015 Parliamentary committee chairman: Court verdict concerning Leyla and Arif Yunus ‘quite humane’
- 18/08/2015 Karabakh Liberation Organization holds protest outside Georgian Embassy in Azerbaijan
- 13/08/2015 Tahir Budagov appointed chairman of State Statistics Committee
- 13/08/2015 Ali Ahmadov meets with British ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 13/08/2015 CEC holds seminar on political parties’ presenting their annual financial statement
- 13/08/2015 Azerbaijan names parties withholding financial report
- 13/08/2015 Ukraine and rebels trade blame for violating ceasefire
- 12/08/2015 Azerbaijani President: "Despite the sharp decline in oil prices, we haven't cut any social project"
- 11/08/2015 Azerbaijani President visits several facilities in Jalilabad - UPDATED
- 11/08/2015 President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Heydar Aliyev Center in Jalilabad - UPDATED
- 11/08/2015 President Ilham Aliyev visits Jalilabad district
- 11/08/2015 Ali Hasanov: Jagland’s such statement won’t be needed after he familiarizes with work done by Azerbaijani government
- 10/08/2015 Azerbaijani President takes investigation of journalist’s death under personal supervision
- 10/08/2015 Date for Azerbaijani Parliament’s last session in 4th convocation made public
- 03/08/2015 We want Iran cooperation, not meddling, Gulf Arabs tell Kerry
- 01/08/2015 Mirmahmud Miralioglu, re-elected as chairman of CPFP, won’t run as candidate in next congress
- 29/07/2015 SBS comments on reports of Russian border guards’ illegal crossing into Azerbaijani territory
- 24/07/2015 Court rejects Musavat Party lawsuit against Baku mayor’s office
- 24/07/2015 TURKPA Secretary General addresses OSCE Permanent Council
- 17/07/2015 Azerbaijani President issues order on restoration of religious historical and cultural monuments
- 16/07/2015 Azerbaijan’s ruling party prepares initial list of parliamentary candidates
- 15/07/2015 Iranian ambassador says hopes West will boost anti-terror efforts after Vienna agreement
- 14/07/2015 Azerbaijani defense minister gives special instruction to army
- 14/07/2015 President criticized AZAL: Why airline tickets in comparison with other countries, have to be expensive?
- 13/07/2015 Iran court holds third hearing in espionage trial of U.S. journalist
- 13/07/2015 Necessary to accelerate visa issuance process and lower prices of air tickets and hotels, says Azerbaijani president
- 13/07/2015 Europe in deep economic and moral crisis, says Azerbaijani president
- 13/07/2015 Azerbaijani president chairs Cabinet of Ministers meeting
- 12/07/2015 Azerbaijani President: "Azerbaijan has a bright future and no power can affect our successes"