General Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan: "An attempt of Leila and Arif Yunusovs to evade investigation by leaving the country forever prevented"
Press service of General Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan told APA that due to the need that has arisen in the investigated within the Investigation Department of the Prosecutor General for Serious cases of the criminal case, provided for questioning as witnesses chairman functioning in Baku officially unregistered "Institute for Peace and Democracy" and Leyla Yunus working at the Institute as an expert Arif Yunus.
Despite handing them personally in accordance with the requirements of the criminal procedural law writs of arrival at the investigative agency for questioning in the case, as well as their repeated notification by telephone, said persons to evade investigation for a good reason.
Arif Yunusov on April 25 admitted to hospital with a diagnosis of "third degree of hypertension, hypertensive crisis" and was discharged on April 28, but despite this, they did not show up to testify in the investigation and tried to cash in one of the largest banks money.
On April 28 at around 23.00 Leyla Yunus using some employees of foreign embassies were in the Heydar Aliyev International Airport to leave the country with a view , but their attempt to evade investigation by leaving country by Flight Baku- Doha for one of European countries have been prevented .
Based on the decision of Yasamal district court held inspection of personal baggage, were seized documents and things of importance to the case, including, in particular, as evidence, the documents were seized property in a foreign country, decorated in the name Leila Yunusova and information carriers and other documents.
On the basis of the Court sanctions searches were conducted in the home and workplace of these individuals.
Leila Yunusova was questioned as a witness, Yunusov due to deteriorating health was re- admitted to hospital for further treatment.
In all investigative actions were provided counsel presen , most invited Leila Yunusov in progress necessary and urgent investigative and operational activities in compliance with the requirements of the criminal procedure law .
Related news releases
- 13.10.2015Last session of Azerbaijani parliament’s fourth convocation rescheduled
- 13.10.2015Azerbaijani President: "Very serious steps will be done in order to improve the business climate"
- 12.10.2015Azerbaijani president appoints new head of Siyazan district executive authority
- 12.10.2015Azerbaijani deputy PM breaks into tears signing memory book in Turkish embassy - VİDEO
- 09.10.2015Date, agenda of last session of Azerbaijani Parliament’s fourth convocation made public
- 08.10.2015Eldar Mahmudov: IS poses serious threat to int'l stability
- 07.10.2015Azerbaijan National Independence Party chairman resigns
- 07.10.2015Azerbaijani President: "2016 will not be easy for the economy"
- 06.10.2015President Ilham Aliyev opened a children's music school in Goychay
- 06.10.2015President Ilham Aliyev attended the opening of a chess school in Goychay
- 06.10.2015President Ilham Aliyev attended the opening of a new administrative building of Goychay District branch of the New Azerbaijan Party
- 06.10.2015Azerbaijani President attended a ceremony to pump drinking water to Goychay city
- 06.10.2015President Ilham Aliyev reviewed the Flag Square in Goychay
- 06.10.2015President of Azerbaijan Republic attended the opening of Goychay Youth Center
- 06.10.2015Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev visited a statue of national leader Heydar Aliyev in Goychay
- 06.10.2015President Ilham Aliyev attended the opening of Goychay-Ujar highway - PHOTO
- 06.10.2015President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Ujar district
- 06.10.2015Azerbaijani parliament’s plenary session starts
- 01.10.2015Hurricane Joaquin gains force near Bahamas, heads toward US
- 30.09.2015President empowered to restore and renounce Azerbaijani citizenship
- 30.09.2015Azerbaijani Parliament adopts action plan of autumn session
- 30.09.2015Sariyya Seyidova re-appointed judge of Baku Court of Appeal
- 30.09.2015Last session of Azerbaijani parliament’s fourth convocation kicks off
- 29.09.2015Mogherini calls meeting with Lavrov on sidelines of UN General Assembly 'good, useful'
- 28.09.2015Taliban fighters seize Kunduz city in Afghanistan
- 26.09.2015Number of registered MPs reaches 217
- 22.09.2015President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on occasion of Eid al-Adha
- 22.09.2015Arif Gasimov appointed head of Nizami District Executive Authority
- 22.09.2015Azerbaijani diplomats may be stripped of their ranks for any action incompatible with diplomatic service
- 21.09.2015Vali Abdullayev appointed chairman of Ganja Kepez district court
- 21.09.2015New chairmen of Baku and Shaki courts of appeal appointed
- 21.09.2015Agenda of first meeting of Azerbaijani Parliament’s autumn session announced
- 19.09.2015CEC registers more 11 candidates for parliamentary elections
- 19.09.2015Azerbaijan’s 2016 budget package submitted to Parliament
- 18.09.2015Azerbaijani delegation refuses to attend OSCE PA session
- 18.09.2015President Ilham Aliyev: Does fascism emerge in Europe again?!
- 18.09.2015People will vote to join Azerbaijan if referendum is held in Nagorno-Karabakh, says Armenian NGO leader
- 18.09.2015Martirosyan: If borders are opened, influx of refugees from Armenia to Azerbaijan will be like the one to Europe
- 18.09.2015Armenian army incapable of figthing against any other army, says Armenian NGO leader
- 18.09.2015Armenian NGO leader says he wants draw attention of international community, Armenian diaspora to Sargsyan’s criminal regime - PHOTO - UPDATED