General Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan: "An attempt of Leila and Arif Yunusovs to evade investigation by leaving the country forever prevented"
Press service of General Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan told APA that due to the need that has arisen in the investigated within the Investigation Department of the Prosecutor General for Serious cases of the criminal case, provided for questioning as witnesses chairman functioning in Baku officially unregistered "Institute for Peace and Democracy" and Leyla Yunus working at the Institute as an expert Arif Yunus.
Despite handing them personally in accordance with the requirements of the criminal procedural law writs of arrival at the investigative agency for questioning in the case, as well as their repeated notification by telephone, said persons to evade investigation for a good reason.
Arif Yunusov on April 25 admitted to hospital with a diagnosis of "third degree of hypertension, hypertensive crisis" and was discharged on April 28, but despite this, they did not show up to testify in the investigation and tried to cash in one of the largest banks money.
On April 28 at around 23.00 Leyla Yunus using some employees of foreign embassies were in the Heydar Aliyev International Airport to leave the country with a view , but their attempt to evade investigation by leaving country by Flight Baku- Doha for one of European countries have been prevented .
Based on the decision of Yasamal district court held inspection of personal baggage, were seized documents and things of importance to the case, including, in particular, as evidence, the documents were seized property in a foreign country, decorated in the name Leila Yunusova and information carriers and other documents.
On the basis of the Court sanctions searches were conducted in the home and workplace of these individuals.
Leila Yunusova was questioned as a witness, Yunusov due to deteriorating health was re- admitted to hospital for further treatment.
In all investigative actions were provided counsel presen , most invited Leila Yunusov in progress necessary and urgent investigative and operational activities in compliance with the requirements of the criminal procedure law .
Related news releases
- 11.02.2016Azerbaijani parliament to revise amendments to law “On currency regulation”
- 11.02.2016Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov meets with public representatives in Gabala
- 09.02.2016Armenian soldier flees from military unit
- 09.02.2016PACE president: ‘Frozen’ and ‘burning’ conflicts represent real threat to Europe’s stability
- 09.02.2016Interfaith dialogue, multiculturalism – only way to address global challenges
- 06.02.2016Fuad Alasgarov: All attempts to destabilize Azerbaijan to be thwarted decisively
- 06.02.2016Haiti protesters stone to death ex-fighter as political crisis deepens
- 05.02.2016Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for next session
- 04.02.201625th anniversary of Azerbaijan’s independence to be marked at state level
- 03.02.2016Chief of State Security Service of Azerbaijan’s Nakhchivan promoted to major general
- 03.02.2016Azerbaijan establishes Board of Appeal under president
- 02.02.2016President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of academician Jalal Aliyev
- 02.02.2016Most of Azerbaijan’s losses from oil price drop to be compensated – top official
- 02.02.2016Azerbaijani top official meets public representatives in Guba
- 01.02.2016Azerbaijani MP calls on counterparts and ministers to leave other posts
- 01.02.2016Azerbaijani MP proposes to restore Nagorno-Karabakh Autonomous Oblast
- 01.02.2016Azerbaijani parliament observes moment of silence to remember academician Jalal Aliyev
- 01.02.2016Head of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE dismisses reports of his dismissal as baseless
- 01.02.2016Academician Jalal Aliyev dies
- 31.01.2016Today is Mammad Amin Rasulzade’s 132nd birth anniversary
- 30.01.2016Azerbaijani president awards some employees of State Customs Committee
- 30.01.2016Azerbaijan faces double standards in PACE – parliament vice-speaker
- 30.01.2016Minsk Group did utmost to prevent PACE from adopting resolution on Nagorno-Karabakh
- 29.01.2016U.N. launches Syria peace talks despite opposition boycott
- 29.01.2016Azerbaijan denies asking foreign financial institutions for assistance
- 28.01.2016Ali Hasanov: President Ilham Aliyev will never allow Azerbaijani citizens and society to face serious cataclysms
- 28.01.2016MP: Azerbaijan takes systematic approach to countering corruption
- 28.01.2016Azerbaijani president's aide comments on recent protests
- 28.01.2016Azerbaijani official: Manat rate unlikely to drop further
- 28.01.2016Azerbaijan continued to develop even during 2008-2009 economic crisis – official
- 28.01.2016Azerbaijani official: Instability on global energy market politically motivated
- 27.01.2016Iran 'ready for investment': Rouhani in Paris
- 27.01.2016International court to investigate 2008 Georgia-Russia war
- 27.01.2016Elkhan Suleymanov: “We have witnessed great unfairness, injustice”
- 26.01.2016Azerbaijan to review legal status and activities of political parties
- 26.01.2016Azerbaijan to surely develop in spite of global economic recession – president
- 26.01.2016Azerbaijani president: Social responsibility should be taken into account, company should avoid job cuts
- 26.01.2016President Aliyev: Southern Gas Corridor for decades to provide economic benefits to Azerbaijan
- 26.01.2016Global economy fails to get out of crisis – Azerbaijani president
- 26.01.2016President Aliyev: Azerbaijan to continue developing successfully despite global economic crisis