Baku-APA. Two more people died from the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), bringing the death toll to 66, the World Health Organization (WHO) said Friday, APA reports quoting Xinhua.
WHO said in its latest disease outbreak update that the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has reported a laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with the new coronavirus.
The patient, a 75-year-old man, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Oct. 1, was hospitalized on Oct. 12 and died on Nov. 10. He is a national of Oman, according to WHO.
And a previously-confirmed case from Oman, the country's first confirmed new coronavirus infection, has died, it said.
Besides, Qatar also reported an additional confirmed case to the WHO. The man, 61, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Nov. 4 and was hospitalised on Nov. 7.
WHO said that he is in critical condition. Preliminary epidemiological investigation indicates that the patient had exposure to farms where livestock are kept.
Globally, from September 2012 to date, WHO has been informed of a total of 155 laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with MERS-CoV.
- 31/07/2014 China urges U.S. not to interfere in sovereignty
- 31/07/2014 27 killed in clashes and bomb attacks across Iraq
- 31/07/2014 Malaysia denies providing training for Hamas fighters
- 31/07/2014 Israel 'to destroy' Hamas Gaza tunnels - Netanyahu
- 31/07/2014 Israel Calls Up 16000 More Reservists
- 31/07/2014 Hezbollah commander killed in Iraq: sources
- 31/07/2014 Dubai, European airlines divert flights over Iraq
- 31/07/2014 Car bombing rocks Syria's Homs, casualties feared
- 31/07/2014 17 killed in Israel tank shelling on Gaza market: medics
- 31/07/2014 UN chief demands end to hostilities in Malaysian plane crash area in Ukraine
- 31/07/2014 Bloody mayhem at Gaza market as Israel observes 'lull'
- 30/07/2014 Iraqi militias execute, hang 15 people: police
- 30/07/2014 Five killed in Gaza despite Israel's 4-hour cease-fire: medics
- 30/07/2014 50 Palestinians killed in Gaza today
- 30/07/2014 11 arrested in 'parallel state' sweep in Turkey
- 30/07/2014 Chinese, Australian FMs discuss MH17 incident over phone
- 30/07/2014 Barrage of rockets fired on Israel: Israeli police
- 30/07/2014 Turkey delivers medical aid to Gaza
- 30/07/2014 12 killed, 6 missing in boat sinking in Central Kalimantan, Indonesia
- 29/07/2014 Heavy casualties reported in Xinjiang terror attack
- 29/07/2014 Fresh Israeli air raid on Gaza wipes out entire family
- 29/07/2014 Israeli air strikes kill 30 Palestinians in Gaza
- 29/07/2014 Subaru recalls vehicles in China
- 29/07/2014 10 Israeli soldiers killed east of Shujaiyya
- 29/07/2014 Israel to deliver devastating strike against Hamas soon - defense minister
- 28/07/2014 Death toll rises to 21 in southern Philippines ambush
- 28/07/2014 Iraq army launches anti-militant raid, kills 17
- 28/07/2014 Israeli strikes leave 10 more Palestinians dead in Gaza
- 28/07/2014 North Korea threatens nuclear strike on US
- 28/07/2014 Netanyahu says UN's call neglects Israel's security needs
- 28/07/2014 Test for Iran’s largest military ship for Caspian navy underway
- 28/07/2014 UN Security Council calls for immediate ceasefire in Gaza
- 27/07/2014 Turkey says suspends operations in Libya embassy due to security woes
- 27/07/2014 Three other Israeli soldiers die in Tel Aviv’s war on Gaza
- 27/07/2014 Rouhani: Iran supports stability, security in Iraq
- 27/07/2014 Hamas refuses to extend truce by four hours
- 26/07/2014 Israel comes under mortar fire after truce extension
- 26/07/2014 ISIL terrorists demolish shrines in Nineveh Province
- 26/07/2014 Israel agrees to extend humanitarian truce for four hours
- 26/07/2014 Car bombing kills 4 in Syria's Aleppo: activists