Baku-APA. Two more people died from the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), bringing the death toll to 66, the World Health Organization (WHO) said Friday, APA reports quoting Xinhua.
WHO said in its latest disease outbreak update that the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has reported a laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with the new coronavirus.
The patient, a 75-year-old man, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Oct. 1, was hospitalized on Oct. 12 and died on Nov. 10. He is a national of Oman, according to WHO.
And a previously-confirmed case from Oman, the country's first confirmed new coronavirus infection, has died, it said.
Besides, Qatar also reported an additional confirmed case to the WHO. The man, 61, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Nov. 4 and was hospitalised on Nov. 7.
WHO said that he is in critical condition. Preliminary epidemiological investigation indicates that the patient had exposure to farms where livestock are kept.
Globally, from September 2012 to date, WHO has been informed of a total of 155 laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with MERS-CoV.
- 20/12/2014 Pakistan forces kill 7 militants in northwest
- 20/12/2014 6 killed, 22 wounded in Baghdad attacks
- 20/12/2014 Five killed in central China house explosion
- 20/12/2014 UN asks Israel to pay Lebanon $850 M for oil spill
- 20/12/2014 Israel bombs Gaza militant base after rocket hits southern Israel
- 20/12/2014 Pakistan hangs 2 militants involved in attack on army headquarters
- 20/12/2014 Fifteen U.S.-led air strikes target Islamic State militants: task force
- 19/12/2014 Iran honors nuclear deal with powers, IAEA report shows
- 19/12/2014 Volcano erupts in eastern Indonesia
- 19/12/2014 US general says 3-year minimum needed for anti-ISIL fight
- 18/12/2014 Suicide car bomb kills 18 in Yemen's western port city
- 18/12/2014 Iran backs Russia's Syria talks initiative
- 18/12/2014 Iran, Turkey cooperation on challenges "a must": Rouhani
- 18/12/2014 Iran calls nuclear talks 'very useful'; next meeting in January
- 18/12/2014 Political directors of group of six nations and Iran end meeting in Geneva
- 17/12/2014 Iraq seeks one-year deferral on Gulf War reparations
- 17/12/2014 EU says Hamas shoud be kept on terrorist list
- 17/12/2014 16 Syrian soldiers killed in clashes with al-Qaida affiliates in Aleppo
- 17/12/2014 ISIL executes 150 Iraqi women for not marrying militants
- 17/12/2014 Two car bombings kill 40 in central Yemen
- 17/12/2014 The Embassy of Azerbaijan in Pakistan strongly condemns terror attack on a school at Peshawar
- 16/12/2014 Turkey: Day of mourning for Pakistan school massacre
- 16/12/2014 Iraqi forces kill 13 ISIL militants in central Iraq
- 16/12/2014 141 including 132 students killed in Pakistan's Peshawar school attack - UPDATED
- 16/12/2014 130 killed in Taliban attack on Pakistan military-run school - UPDATED
- 16/12/2014 4000 chickens culled after bird flu confirmed in Japan
- 16/12/2014 UN: Syria conflict toll is nearly 200,000
- 16/12/2014 Saudi cuts off hand of convicted Yemeni thief
- 16/12/2014 Iran's Rouhani says will try to clinch nuclear deal as talks with U.S. resume
- 16/12/2014 Qaeda takes two Syrian bases in major blow to regime
- 16/12/2014 Top separatist Junaidi shot dead in south Yemen
- 15/12/2014 Netanyahu years continue surge in settlements
- 15/12/2014 Palestinian U.N. statehood bid at heart of Kerry-Netanyahu talks
- 15/12/2014 Police storm Sydney cafe, two dead, siege over
- 15/12/2014 Unknown man takes hostage dozens of people in Sydney cafe
- 14/12/2014 Four trapped in NW China coal mine fire
- 14/12/2014 Al-Qaida senior leader killed in Libya
- 13/12/2014 Three kids killed in north China kindergarten collapse
- 13/12/2014 Japan opposition urges high turnout in elections
- 13/12/2014 19 killed in Indonesia's landslides