Baku-APA. Two more people died from the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), bringing the death toll to 66, the World Health Organization (WHO) said Friday, APA reports quoting Xinhua.
WHO said in its latest disease outbreak update that the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has reported a laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with the new coronavirus.
The patient, a 75-year-old man, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Oct. 1, was hospitalized on Oct. 12 and died on Nov. 10. He is a national of Oman, according to WHO.
And a previously-confirmed case from Oman, the country's first confirmed new coronavirus infection, has died, it said.
Besides, Qatar also reported an additional confirmed case to the WHO. The man, 61, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Nov. 4 and was hospitalised on Nov. 7.
WHO said that he is in critical condition. Preliminary epidemiological investigation indicates that the patient had exposure to farms where livestock are kept.
Globally, from September 2012 to date, WHO has been informed of a total of 155 laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with MERS-CoV.
- 20/10/2014 Two Japanese ministers resign
- 19/10/2014 2 blasts kill 3, wound 8 in Afghanistan
- 19/10/2014 Mortar shells from Kobani battle land inside Turkey
- 19/10/2014 Palestinians deny Arab states' pressure on UN appeal
- 19/10/2014 Death toll from Nepal's avalanche reaches 43
- 18/10/2014 Erdogan visits Turkish troops in Afghanistan
- 18/10/2014 16 killed in fresh clashes between Houthis, militants in Yemen
- 18/10/2014 South China factory fire kills three, injures one
- 18/10/2014 Turkey condemns Baghdad bombing that killed Iraqi MP
- 18/10/2014 At least 26 killed in two bomb attacks in Baghdad
- 17/10/2014 2 German hostages freed in southern Philippines
- 17/10/2014 Lebanon's defense minister to come to Iran
- 17/10/2014 117 people rescued from snowstorm-hit area in Nepal
- 16/10/2014 Abbas rejects US request to delay end-occupation UNSC bid
- 16/10/2014 Iran tips hand about structure of secret services
- 16/10/2014 U.S. military advisors arrive in Iraq to train security forces
- 15/10/2014 Death toll rises in Nepal snowstorm
- 15/10/2014 US national killed, 2nd injured in Saudi Arabia
- 15/10/2014 U.S. and Turkey to discuss use of Turkish military base against ISIS
- 15/10/2014 Nuclear deal quite possible: Iran Majlis speaker
- 15/10/2014 Kobane refugees recount ordeal: Exclusive
- 15/10/2014 Saudi forces, Yemeni tribesmen clash in Yemen's Sa'ada province
- 15/10/2014 Iran will make utmost efforts to resolve nuclear issue: FM
- 14/10/2014 50 IS militants killed in air strikes, clashes in Iraq
- 14/10/2014 Mongolia will never host US military base - president
- 14/10/2014 8 killed in NW China traffic accident
- 14/10/2014 SW China furnace explosion kills 2
- 14/10/2014 Zarif Emphasizes: Enrichment to continue within int’l laws’ framework
- 14/10/2014 Cambodia to send peacekeepers to Central African Republic
- 14/10/2014 Iraqi FM says no request for foreign boots to fight ISIL
- 13/10/2014 Petition urges US to arm Kobani Kurds against ISIL
- 13/10/2014 EU to extend 382 mln euros in grants to Jordan
- 13/10/2014 South Korean President says Seoul ready for talks with Pyongyang
- 12/10/2014 China, SKorea meet over death of fisherman
- 11/10/2014 Drone strike kills four in North Waziristan
- 11/10/2014 Third car bomb in Baghdad on Saturday night kills 15
- 11/10/2014 Al-Qaeda claims deadly Sanaa bombing
- 11/10/2014 IS jihadists execute Iraqi journalist, 12 other people
- 11/10/2014 EU condemns terrorist attacks in Yemen
- 11/10/2014 Death toll reaches 32 in Turkey protest clashes