Baku-APA. Two more people died from the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), bringing the death toll to 66, the World Health Organization (WHO) said Friday, APA reports quoting Xinhua.
WHO said in its latest disease outbreak update that the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has reported a laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with the new coronavirus.
The patient, a 75-year-old man, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Oct. 1, was hospitalized on Oct. 12 and died on Nov. 10. He is a national of Oman, according to WHO.
And a previously-confirmed case from Oman, the country's first confirmed new coronavirus infection, has died, it said.
Besides, Qatar also reported an additional confirmed case to the WHO. The man, 61, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Nov. 4 and was hospitalised on Nov. 7.
WHO said that he is in critical condition. Preliminary epidemiological investigation indicates that the patient had exposure to farms where livestock are kept.
Globally, from September 2012 to date, WHO has been informed of a total of 155 laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with MERS-CoV.
- 02/04/2015 Syrian opposition claims control of Jordan border gate
- 02/04/2015 Arab coalition seeks new army command in Yemen
- 01/04/2015 Iraqi forces clear remaining IS redoubts in Tikrit
- 01/04/2015 Iran nuclear talks may go beyond deadline to April 1: US diplomat
- 01/04/2015 At least 62 children killed in Yemen violence over past week
- 01/04/2015 Saudi forces and Houthi fighters exchange heavy fire on border - residents
- 31/03/2015 Iraqi forces take back Tikrit from ISIS, official says
- 31/03/2015 Japan extends sanctions on North Korea by two years
- 31/03/2015 Iran says new proposals on outstanding issues possible at Lausanne negotiations
- 31/03/2015 Coalition planes strike air defense camp in Yemen's Taizz
- 31/03/2015 Assad: Turkey supports ISIL in Syria
- 30/03/2015 Security forces continue clashes with IS militants in Iraq
- 30/03/2015 At least 4 injured in SW China earthquake
- 30/03/2015 CEC: Karimov wins Uzbek presidential election with 90.39% of votes
- 30/03/2015 Bombing continues, Arab leaders urge Yemen's Houthis to withdraw from capital
- 30/03/2015 Earthquke revised to 7.7-magnitude quake in 54km SE of Kokopo, Papua New Guinea
- 30/03/2015 Gunmen assassinate Pakistan's army officer
- 30/03/2015 30 IS militants killed in Iraqi clashes, airstrikes
- 30/03/2015 Security forces kill five militants in SW Pakistan
- 30/03/2015 Iran, powers explore nuclear compromises, Israel alarmed
- 29/03/2015 Fighting and air strikes across Yemen, dialogue remains distant
- 29/03/2015 3 killed in suicide attack in Afghan capital
- 29/03/2015 Air strikes cripple Yemen capital’s airport
- 29/03/2015 Turkey denies asking to attend Arab League summit
- 29/03/2015 5.8 magnitude quake strikes off Gorontalo, Indonesia
- 29/03/2015 Voting for presidential election begins in Uzbekistan
- 29/03/2015 Iran's Rafsanjani condemns Saudi-led airstrikes in Yemen
- 29/03/2015 Iraqi forces kill 74 Daesh militants
- 29/03/2015 Death toll in central China mine flood rises to
- 28/03/2015 Tripartite meeting on Iran’s nuclear issue held in Lausanne
- 28/03/2015 Zarif: Iran makes political decision to get into agreement with P5+1
- 28/03/2015 Dozens killed in explosions at arms depot in Yemen's Aden
- 28/03/2015 Yemeni President accuses Iran of arming Houthis
- 28/03/2015 Saudi king says Yemen campaign to continue until achieves targets
- 28/03/2015 Eight security personnel, 4 militants killed in Pakistan
- 28/03/2015 Former Yemeni President Demands for Saudi-led Coalition
- 28/03/2015 Lebanese army seize strategic border sites from militants
- 28/03/2015 UAE warplanes took part in Yemen strikes: coalition
- 28/03/2015 Iraq paramilitaries decide Tikrit pullback
- 28/03/2015 8 children wounded by cluster bomb in south Lebanon