Baku-APA. Two more people died from the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), bringing the death toll to 66, the World Health Organization (WHO) said Friday, APA reports quoting Xinhua.
WHO said in its latest disease outbreak update that the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has reported a laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with the new coronavirus.
The patient, a 75-year-old man, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Oct. 1, was hospitalized on Oct. 12 and died on Nov. 10. He is a national of Oman, according to WHO.
And a previously-confirmed case from Oman, the country's first confirmed new coronavirus infection, has died, it said.
Besides, Qatar also reported an additional confirmed case to the WHO. The man, 61, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Nov. 4 and was hospitalised on Nov. 7.
WHO said that he is in critical condition. Preliminary epidemiological investigation indicates that the patient had exposure to farms where livestock are kept.
Globally, from September 2012 to date, WHO has been informed of a total of 155 laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with MERS-CoV.
- 25/07/2014 Gunmen kill 2 officers in Egypt's restive Sinai
- 25/07/2014 Dual typhoons kill 64 in China
- 25/07/2014 3 Palestinians killed in West Bank violence
- 25/07/2014 Rivlin sworn in as Israel's president
- 25/07/2014 Turkey key to Gaza ceasefire, says US State Department
- 25/07/2014 Iran condemns Israel attack on Gaza’s UN-run school
- 25/07/2014 Gaza death toll approaches 800, no sign of ceasefire
- 25/07/2014 Israel aviation strikes at mosque in Palestine refugee camp
- 25/07/2014 Kurdish politician Fouad Masoum elected as Iraqi president
- 24/07/2014 Two foreign soldiers killed in Afghanistan
- 24/07/2014 Train, bus collision kills 20 schoolkids in India
- 24/07/2014 Kurdish politician Fouad Massoum elected Iraq's president
- 24/07/2014 U.S. says blame for downed plane lies with Putin
- 24/07/2014 Kerry wraps up Israel visit, no sign of breakthrough
- 24/07/2014 Israel scrambles to restore foreign flights to Tel Aviv
- 24/07/2014 Hamas tactics exact high toll in Israeli ground thrust
- 24/07/2014 "Some progress" made on reaching a truce in Gaza: Kerry
- 23/07/2014 Gaza bloodshed deepens, airlines shun Israel
- 23/07/2014 Plane crashes in Taiwan, killing at least 47: reports
- 23/07/2014 Iraqi security forces kill over 100 rebels
- 23/07/2014 Airlines Suspend Flights to Israel After Hamas Rocket Falls Near Key Airport
- 23/07/2014 Six Austrian citizens dead so far in Syrian crisis: interior ministry
- 23/07/2014 Malaysian experts hand over MH17 black boxes to Dutch investigators
- 23/07/2014 Netanyahu urges Kerry to resume Israel-bound flights
- 23/07/2014 Bombs in Nigeria's Kaduna kill 82, ex-leader Buhari targeted
- 23/07/2014 22 killed in Baghdad bomb attack
- 23/07/2014 Relatively strong quake shakes in Iranian Kerman province
- 22/07/2014 Jakarta Governor Widodo wins presidential elections in Indonesia
- 22/07/2014 Ceasefire "not enough" for durable Middle East peace: UN chief
- 21/07/2014 Malaysia Airlines offers 5,000 USD to MH17 families as financial assistance
- 21/07/2014 Israeli airstrike on Gaza city kills 11, including 4 children: Medics
- 21/07/2014 2 dead in northeast China rainstorms
- 21/07/2014 UN Secretary General meets with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas
- 21/07/2014 6.8-magnitude quake hits 113 km NNE of Ndoi Island, Fiji
- 20/07/2014 Wave of bombings in Baghdad kills 27 people: police, medics
- 20/07/2014 Death toll rises to 43 in China highway explosion
- 20/07/2014 Iranians protest against Israel's offensive in Gaza
- 20/07/2014 Iraqi Christians flee Mosul under threats by extremist militants
- 20/07/2014 Iraqi president returns home from medical treatment
- 20/07/2014 Israelis destroy Hamas tunnels in Gaza offensive