Baku-APA. Two more people died from the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), bringing the death toll to 66, the World Health Organization (WHO) said Friday, APA reports quoting Xinhua.
WHO said in its latest disease outbreak update that the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has reported a laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with the new coronavirus.
The patient, a 75-year-old man, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Oct. 1, was hospitalized on Oct. 12 and died on Nov. 10. He is a national of Oman, according to WHO.
And a previously-confirmed case from Oman, the country's first confirmed new coronavirus infection, has died, it said.
Besides, Qatar also reported an additional confirmed case to the WHO. The man, 61, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Nov. 4 and was hospitalised on Nov. 7.
WHO said that he is in critical condition. Preliminary epidemiological investigation indicates that the patient had exposure to farms where livestock are kept.
Globally, from September 2012 to date, WHO has been informed of a total of 155 laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with MERS-CoV.
- 29/08/2015 7 killed, 2 injured in China paper mill accident
- 29/08/2015 Philippines: 3 Abu Sayyaf killed, 15 injured in fighting
- 29/08/2015 Saudi-led air strikes kill 10 people in central Yemen: officials
- 28/08/2015 Eleven killed in India-Pakistan border shelling
- 28/08/2015 Japan Launches Newest Izumo-Class Helicopter Carrier
- 28/08/2015 Greece top judge takes over as interim prime minister
- 28/08/2015 MERS virus kills 19 in seven days in Saudi: Ministry
- 27/08/2015 IAEA to establish first nuclear fuel bank in Kazakhstan
- 27/08/2015 One civilian dead, several injured in east of Turkey
- 27/08/2015 Pakistani court orders arrest of ex-PM Gilani over graft charges
- 27/08/2015 ISIL seizes five Syrian border villages
- 27/08/2015 Panasonic to cut 1,300 jobs
- 27/08/2015 Iran urges US to release 19 detainees
- 27/08/2015 U.S. reports 20 air strikes against Islamic State in Iraq and Syria
- 26/08/2015 5 killed in clashes in western Indian state
- 26/08/2015 22 IS militants killed in airstrikes in Anbar province
- 26/08/2015 Magnitude 5.2 Earthquake Rocks Southeast Japan
- 26/08/2015 US, Turkey finalize ‘details’ of Mideast air campaign
- 26/08/2015 Taliban torch civilian homes in central Afghanistan
- 26/08/2015 Road accident kills 3, injures 7 in NW China
- 26/08/2015 Magnitude 4.6 quake strikes two cities in northern Tehran Province
- 25/08/2015 International Atomic Energy Agency approves plan of Iran’s nuclear inspections
- 25/08/2015 Saudi Arabia reports 7 more deaths from MERS
- 25/08/2015 Two killed in clashes in south Lebanon refugee camp
- 25/08/2015 Islamic State claims to kill 30 for sodomy
- 25/08/2015 Six militants, army colonel killed in Pakistan clash
- 24/08/2015 North Korea announces agreement with South
- 24/08/2015 Britain says Iran too powerful to leave in isolation
- 23/08/2015 Iran, Britain FMs to meet in Tehran
- 23/08/2015 North, South Korea officials to resume talks later Sunday - South's presidential office
- 23/08/2015 Police moves to break up protests over garbage crisis in Lebanese capital
- 23/08/2015 Palestinian President Abbas resigns from PLO leader ship
- 23/08/2015 Violence in Central African Republic town kills 10
- 22/08/2015 Pakistani court disqualifies parliament speaker over alleged polls fraud
- 22/08/2015 Barrel bombs fall on Syria’s Douma, killing 50: Source
- 22/08/2015 Attack on NATO convoy in Kabul kills 3
- 22/08/2015 Yemen's president calls for cease-fire and rebel withdrawal
- 22/08/2015 'Positive contacts' with Israel on Gaza truce: Hamas head
- 22/08/2015 IS destroying heritage in Syria and Iraq
- 22/08/2015 China is opposed to any activities leading to escalation of tensions in Korean peninsula