Baku-APA. Two more people died from the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), bringing the death toll to 66, the World Health Organization (WHO) said Friday, APA reports quoting Xinhua.
WHO said in its latest disease outbreak update that the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has reported a laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with the new coronavirus.
The patient, a 75-year-old man, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Oct. 1, was hospitalized on Oct. 12 and died on Nov. 10. He is a national of Oman, according to WHO.
And a previously-confirmed case from Oman, the country's first confirmed new coronavirus infection, has died, it said.
Besides, Qatar also reported an additional confirmed case to the WHO. The man, 61, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Nov. 4 and was hospitalised on Nov. 7.
WHO said that he is in critical condition. Preliminary epidemiological investigation indicates that the patient had exposure to farms where livestock are kept.
Globally, from September 2012 to date, WHO has been informed of a total of 155 laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with MERS-CoV.
- 21/04/2015 Iran charging U.S. journalist Rezaian with four crimes: Washington Post
- 21/04/2015 US warship heads to Yemeni waters; could block Iran weapons
- 21/04/2015 30% of Yemen territory under Houthi control: FM
- 21/04/2015 Lebanon receives first shipment of French weapons
- 20/04/2015 7 dead, 17 still trapped in China mine flooding
- 20/04/2015 15 insurgents killed, 19 de-miner kidnapped in Afghanistan
- 20/04/2015 Air strike on missile base in Yemen capital kills at least seven
- 20/04/2015 IS executes 24 in Iraq’s Kirkuk province
- 19/04/2015 Iran students, teachers protest Saudi aggression
- 19/04/2015 Pakistani PM condemns deadly bomb attacks in Afghanistan
- 19/04/2015 ISIS claims blast near U.S. Consulate in Irbil, Iraq
- 19/04/2015 Two dead, five injured in China nightclub fire
- 18/04/2015 Iran starts testing Iraq gas pipeline
- 18/04/2015 45 people killed in Saudi airstrikes on Yemen’s Sa'ada
- 18/04/2015 11 killed, 134 injured during Myanmar water festival period in Yangon
- 18/04/2015 6.8-magnitude quake hits off Sigave, Wallis and Futuna
- 18/04/2015 Iran submits four-point Yemen peace plan to United Nations
- 18/04/2015 Saddam aide, Iraqi insurgent leader al-Douri reported killed
- 18/04/2015 North Korea warns U.S. envoy of 'bigger mishap' than a knife attack
- 18/04/2015 Car bomb kills three outside U.S. consulate - UPDATED
- 17/04/2015 Rouhani: G5+1 needs final nuclear deal more than Iran does
- 17/04/2015 Child killed, 7 injured in building collapse in Indian capital
- 16/04/2015 S-300 missile system serves defense purposes for Iran: Putin
- 16/04/2015 Al-Qaeda seizes provincial airport in southeast Yemen: official
- 16/04/2015 10 killed in house collapse in Bangladesh capital
- 16/04/2015 Iraqi forces launch offensive to free north Tikrit from IS
- 15/04/2015 Conference dedicated to the genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Swedish Parliament
- 15/04/2015 One of Al Qaeda's top spiritual leaders has been killed in Yemen
- 15/04/2015 2 killed, 48 injured after climbing structure collapses in east China
- 14/04/2015 23 injured in Asiana Airlines landing incident in Japan
- 14/04/2015 SKorea responds to Japan military pact with caution
- 14/04/2015 22 security personnel killed in N. Afghanistan
- 13/04/2015 Iran calls for new Yemeni government, increasing tension with Saudis
- 12/04/2015 Three Saudi Arabian Officers Killed in Houthi's Attack on Border Checkpoint
- 12/04/2015 7 policemen killed by left-wing rebels in India
- 12/04/2015 3 Saudi soldiers killed near Yemen border
- 12/04/2015 Russian Navy ship evacuates from Yemen 308 people of 19 nationalities, including 5 Azerbaijanis
- 12/04/2015 Turkish police seize 600 kilograms of heroin in east
- 12/04/2015 Iran to launch new submarine soon
- 11/04/2015 Militants in motorcycles open fire on Pakistani labor camp, killing 20