Baku-APA. Two more people died from the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), bringing the death toll to 66, the World Health Organization (WHO) said Friday, APA reports quoting Xinhua.
WHO said in its latest disease outbreak update that the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has reported a laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with the new coronavirus.
The patient, a 75-year-old man, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Oct. 1, was hospitalized on Oct. 12 and died on Nov. 10. He is a national of Oman, according to WHO.
And a previously-confirmed case from Oman, the country's first confirmed new coronavirus infection, has died, it said.
Besides, Qatar also reported an additional confirmed case to the WHO. The man, 61, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Nov. 4 and was hospitalised on Nov. 7.
WHO said that he is in critical condition. Preliminary epidemiological investigation indicates that the patient had exposure to farms where livestock are kept.
Globally, from September 2012 to date, WHO has been informed of a total of 155 laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with MERS-CoV.
- 28/11/2014 Syrian Electronic Army Hacks UK based Media Websites
- 28/11/2014 Kyrgyz parliament adopts more draft laws on joining Customs Union
- 27/11/2014 Explosions, gun fire rock Kabul, 2 suicide bombers killed, foreigner injured
- 27/11/2014 OPEC decides to keep oil output unchanged despite falling prices
- 27/11/2014 Explosions, gun fire rock Kabul
- 27/11/2014 10 killed in Indian-controlled Kashmir gunfight between militants and Indian military
- 27/11/2014 South Korea starts trial for Japanese journalist
- 27/11/2014 Palestine leader reiterates commitment to two-state solution
- 27/11/2014 Russia faces massive budget shortfall in 2015
- 26/11/2014 Russia's Putin holds talks with Syrian foreign minister
- 26/11/2014 Magnitude 6.8 quake hits off Indonesia, no tsunami warning
- 26/11/2014 Syrian airstrikes on Islamic State group stronghold of Raqqa kill at least 95
- 26/11/2014 24 dead in coal mine fire in NE China
- 26/11/2014 Two police injured in terror blast in Bahrain
- 25/11/2014 80 arrested as Hong Kong authorities clear Mong Kok occupying area
- 25/11/2014 Toshiba to recall laptop AC power supply cord over burn hazard
- 25/11/2014 5.8-magnitude quake hits SW China's Sichuan
- 25/11/2014 Restaurant explosion kills 3 in east China
- 25/11/2014 Saudi Arabia: Islamic State group linked to attack
- 25/11/2014 13 killed in Baghdad bomb attacks
- 25/11/2014 Iran's Rouhani says 'many gaps narrowed, positions got closer' in Vienna: state tv
- 25/11/2014 Iraqi troops take 2 towns from Islamic State group
- 24/11/2014 Iran nuclear talks deadline extended
- 23/11/2014 5.5-magnitude quake hits 42 km SW of Balkh, Afghanistan
- 23/11/2014 Buildings collapsed, 4 out of 5 buried rescued after M6.8 quake hits Japan's Nagano - UPDATED
- 23/11/2014 Two killed after 6.3-magnitude quake hits SW China
- 23/11/2014 Turkey determined to ally with US against ISIL
- 22/11/2014 Damage, injuries reported after M6.8 quake hits Japan's Nagano
- 22/11/2014 13 injured in C China explosion
- 22/11/2014 Sharif asks Obama to play role on Kashmir issue
- 22/11/2014 Bahrain to hold first election since 2011 protests
- 22/11/2014 Iran says no proposals from P 5+1 negotiators to Iran that require coordination
- 22/11/2014 Islamic State targeted in 30 air strikes by U.S., allies
- 22/11/2014 Japan PM seeks verdict on 'Abenomics' in snap election
- 21/11/2014 Islamic State attacks Iraq provincial capital: officials
- 21/11/2014 Iranian FM to head back to Tehran for consultation
- 21/11/2014 The convoy of Turkish PM crashed, 2 injured
- 21/11/2014 Senior Islamic State figure killed in Mosul
- 21/11/2014 Iran to allow IAEA inspectors into Marivan site
- 20/11/2014 At least 60 people killed in Iraq