Baku-APA. Two more people died from the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), bringing the death toll to 66, the World Health Organization (WHO) said Friday, APA reports quoting Xinhua.
WHO said in its latest disease outbreak update that the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has reported a laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with the new coronavirus.
The patient, a 75-year-old man, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Oct. 1, was hospitalized on Oct. 12 and died on Nov. 10. He is a national of Oman, according to WHO.
And a previously-confirmed case from Oman, the country's first confirmed new coronavirus infection, has died, it said.
Besides, Qatar also reported an additional confirmed case to the WHO. The man, 61, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Nov. 4 and was hospitalised on Nov. 7.
WHO said that he is in critical condition. Preliminary epidemiological investigation indicates that the patient had exposure to farms where livestock are kept.
Globally, from September 2012 to date, WHO has been informed of a total of 155 laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with MERS-CoV.
- 11/03/2014 Israeli soldiers kill Palestinian at Jordan crossing
- 11/03/2014 Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources
- 11/03/2014 Netanyahu, showing seized rockets, says Iran fooling the world
- 11/03/2014 Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery'
- 10/03/2014 Israeli court sentences Palestinian 25 years for planting bomb on bus
- 10/03/2014 Iran slams Ashton for meeting with female dissidents
- 10/03/2014 Israel to show long-range rockets from "Iran arms ship" - PHOTOSESSION
- 08/03/2014 Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- 08/03/2014 UN chief spotlights plight of young in war-torn Syria
- 08/03/2014 Israel diplomat strike could hinder pope visit
- 08/03/2014 Kerry, Jordan king focus on faltering Mideast talks
- 08/03/2014 Iran says Israel fabricated Gaza weapons claim
- 08/03/2014 Iraq airport official arrested over Lebanon flight row
- 07/03/2014 Iran’s FM calls Israeli allegations on Gaza arms ship 'lies'
- 07/03/2014 Two more H7N9 cases in S China
- 07/03/2014 Pakistan to start direct talks with Taliban next week
- 06/03/2014 10 killed, 54 wounded in attacks in Iraq
- 06/03/2014 Arab Parliament urged to stand united against terrorism
- 06/03/2014 Secretary General of UN visits Sierra Leone
- 06/03/2014 Jordan condemns bombings in Bahrain
- 06/03/2014 Three Gulf Arab states recall envoys in rift with Qatar
- 06/03/2014 Israel seizes arms shipment
- 06/03/2014 Street fighting as India heads for April-May election
- 06/03/2014 26 killed in fresh wave of violence in Iraq
- 05/03/2014 Hamas denies connection with arms ship seized by Israel
- 05/03/2014 Iran's Guard says it has multiple warhead missiles
- 05/03/2014 US military will retain 'enduring' presence in Middle East, Persian Gulf
- 05/03/2014 Netanyahu warns on Iran, no concessions for Palestinians
- 05/03/2014 Iran condemns Bahrain violence, bombing
- 05/03/2014 Hamas ban in Egypt may complicate ties with Gaza
- 05/03/2014 Turkish FM meets Iraqi Kurdish leader
- 05/03/2014 India set to announce parliamentary election dates
- 05/03/2014 Netanyahu warns on Iran, urges no Palestinian 'excuses'
- 04/03/2014 Bahrain blast kills three policemen: Interior Ministry
- 04/03/2014 Iran says Obama remarks damage nuclear talks
- 04/03/2014 10 killed in traffic accidents in Turkey
- 03/03/2014 6 soldiers killed in ambush attack by terrorists in Yemen
- 02/03/2014 Iran to start developing project of Bushehr nuclear plant in April
- 01/03/2014 China: 27 Killed, 109 Hurt in 'Terror Attack' in Kunming City
- 01/03/2014 8 killed, 3 injured in road accident in South Pakistan