Baku-APA. Two more people died from the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), bringing the death toll to 66, the World Health Organization (WHO) said Friday, APA reports quoting Xinhua.
WHO said in its latest disease outbreak update that the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has reported a laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with the new coronavirus.
The patient, a 75-year-old man, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Oct. 1, was hospitalized on Oct. 12 and died on Nov. 10. He is a national of Oman, according to WHO.
And a previously-confirmed case from Oman, the country's first confirmed new coronavirus infection, has died, it said.
Besides, Qatar also reported an additional confirmed case to the WHO. The man, 61, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Nov. 4 and was hospitalised on Nov. 7.
WHO said that he is in critical condition. Preliminary epidemiological investigation indicates that the patient had exposure to farms where livestock are kept.
Globally, from September 2012 to date, WHO has been informed of a total of 155 laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with MERS-CoV.
- 28/05/2015 Islamic State shoots dead 20 in Palmyra amphitheatre: monitor
- 27/05/2015 Air strikes kill at least 80 in deadliest bombings of Yemen war
- 27/05/2015 Heat wave kills more than 1,100 in India
- 27/05/2015 20 passengers injured as blast hits train in East Pakistan
- 26/05/2015 Turkey, US begin program to train, equip Syria militants
- 26/05/2015 Death toll from heat wave in India nears 800
- 26/05/2015 Saudi Arabia conducts new airstrikes on Yemen, kills 9
- 26/05/2015 38 dead in China rest home fire
- 26/05/2015 Iran will need to spend most of any post-sanctions windfall at home
- 25/05/2015 Islamic State faces battle in Iraq, bombs in Syria
- 25/05/2015 Philippines seeks stronger commitment from U.S. in South China Sea dispute
- 25/05/2015 28 IS militants killed in airstrikes, clashes in western Iraq
- 25/05/2015 Hub blast targets Pakistani president’s son
- 25/05/2015 Islamic State executes 217 in, near Syria's Palmyra in 9 days: Monitor
- 24/05/2015 Iran allows private business owners to forge trade ties with US companies
- 24/05/2015 Iraqi MP: US makes plans to withdraw from the country
- 24/05/2015 Cypriot leaders tour divided city after talks
- 24/05/2015 Candidate for deputy was attacked in Turkey
- 23/05/2015 Over 150 die in heat wave in southern India
- 23/05/2015 8 killed, over 40 injured in C China bus accident
- 23/05/2015 UN official warns of growing ISIL threat in Libya
- 23/05/2015 Magnitude 6.8 quake strikes off Solomon Islands
- 23/05/2015 Proliferation talks fail over Mideast nuke plan
- 23/05/2015 IS claims Saudi Shiite mosque blast, countries condemn
- 23/05/2015 Islamic State expands its 'state'
- 22/05/2015 Suicide bomber kills 21 at Saudi Shi'ite mosque, Islamic State claims attack
- 22/05/2015 IS militants seize control of last Syrian border point with Iraq
- 22/05/2015 Iran says not to give up security confidentiality for nuclear deal
- 21/05/2015 Iraq forces break oil refinery siege, liberate soldiers
- 21/05/2015 Fresh Saudi air raids leave 14 people dead in Yemen
- 21/05/2015 Islamic State seizes ancient Palmyra city from Syrian forces
- 21/05/2015 Netanyahu stresses support for 2-state solution to Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- 20/05/2015 Iran's Khamenei rules out interviews with nuclear scientists
- 20/05/2015 North Korea modified submarine missile launch photos, says U.S. official
- 20/05/2015 Train rams into tractor at unmanned railroad crossing in India, killing 10 and injuring 33
- 20/05/2015 Vacuum bombs kill 20 in Syria
- 20/05/2015 China, Brazil, unveil multibillion trade, investment deals
- 20/05/2015 With nuclear deal in sight, Iran drives harder bargain in Indian trade talks
- 20/05/2015 UN Security Council condemns attack on Russia’s embassy in Damascus as terrorist act
- 20/05/2015 Western governments made strategic mistake by sanctions - Larijani