Baku-APA. Two more people died from the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), bringing the death toll to 66, the World Health Organization (WHO) said Friday, APA reports quoting Xinhua.
WHO said in its latest disease outbreak update that the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has reported a laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with the new coronavirus.
The patient, a 75-year-old man, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Oct. 1, was hospitalized on Oct. 12 and died on Nov. 10. He is a national of Oman, according to WHO.
And a previously-confirmed case from Oman, the country's first confirmed new coronavirus infection, has died, it said.
Besides, Qatar also reported an additional confirmed case to the WHO. The man, 61, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Nov. 4 and was hospitalised on Nov. 7.
WHO said that he is in critical condition. Preliminary epidemiological investigation indicates that the patient had exposure to farms where livestock are kept.
Globally, from September 2012 to date, WHO has been informed of a total of 155 laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with MERS-CoV.
- 20/08/2014 Molotov cocktails thrown at Israeli bus in Jerusalem
- 20/08/2014 Ottoman-era mosques under Islamic State threat in Syria
- 20/08/2014 Iran: Tehran-Riyadh relations taking normal course
- 20/08/2014 Pakistani troops stand alert as opposition plans protests
- 19/08/2014 Two children wounded in Israeli strikes on Gaza
- 19/08/2014 Israeli military strikes Gaza in response to rocket fire
- 19/08/2014 Political advisors discuss shipbuilding
- 19/08/2014 Political tensions brewing in Pakistan as opposition plans new march
- 19/08/2014 Declared Syrian chemical weapon stockpile now completely destroyed
- 19/08/2014 Community Health says data stolen in cyber attack from China
- 19/08/2014 Netanyahu's threats 'valueless': Hamas
- 19/08/2014 1000s of Yemenis stage massive anti-government protest
- 19/08/2014 Turkey sends humanitarian aid to war-torn Gaza
- 19/08/2014 Iran: No nuclear deal before sanctions lifted
- 18/08/2014 İndia calls off foreign-secretary level talks with Pakistan
- 18/08/2014 180 dead as floods wash away homes in Nepal, India
- 18/08/2014 9 killed in train accident in E. India
- 18/08/2014 Iran hit by earthquake of magnitude 6.3
- 17/08/2014 Intelligence ministry: Two hostages rescued in East of Iran
- 17/08/2014 Islamic fighters kill scores of Yazidi men in Iraq
- 17/08/2014 Islamic State executed 700 people from Syrian tribe: monitoring group
- 17/08/2014 Landslides and floods kill over 100, displace thousands in India, Nepal
- 17/08/2014 US drone strike kills 3 al-Qaida militants in Yemen
- 17/08/2014 U.S. military conducts more airstrikes against ISIL forces in north Iraq
- 17/08/2014 Two abducted Iranians freed by security forces
- 17/08/2014 Israel must accept Palestinian demands or face long war: Hamas
- 16/08/2014 Ebola outbreak interrupts Chinese companies in Liberia, but risk controllable
- 16/08/2014 Extremist militants kill dozens of people in Iraq
- 16/08/2014 Clashes rage in western Damascus' countryside
- 16/08/2014 Floods,landslides kill 2,displace hundreds in Indonesia
- 16/08/2014 Tens of thousands hold anti-PM rally in Pakistan
- 16/08/2014 Jordan, Russia to sign nuclear reactor deal
- 16/08/2014 Iraqi Sunnis lay out conditional offer to join unity government
- 16/08/2014 Palestinians accuse Israel of violating Gaza truce
- 15/08/2014 North Korea fires three short-range rockets as Pope visits South Korea
- 15/08/2014 Bomb kills 3 policemen, injures 4 in eastern Afghanistan
- 15/08/2014 Hamas holds Israel responsible for delaying long-term truce
- 15/08/2014 Iraq's Maliki gives up prime minister post to Abadi
- 15/08/2014 Fatah-linked group produces Israeli officer's ID
- 14/08/2014 Iran commiserates with Brazil on plane crash