Baku-APA. Two more people died from the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), bringing the death toll to 66, the World Health Organization (WHO) said Friday, APA reports quoting Xinhua.
WHO said in its latest disease outbreak update that the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has reported a laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with the new coronavirus.
The patient, a 75-year-old man, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Oct. 1, was hospitalized on Oct. 12 and died on Nov. 10. He is a national of Oman, according to WHO.
And a previously-confirmed case from Oman, the country's first confirmed new coronavirus infection, has died, it said.
Besides, Qatar also reported an additional confirmed case to the WHO. The man, 61, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Nov. 4 and was hospitalised on Nov. 7.
WHO said that he is in critical condition. Preliminary epidemiological investigation indicates that the patient had exposure to farms where livestock are kept.
Globally, from September 2012 to date, WHO has been informed of a total of 155 laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with MERS-CoV.
- 20/04/2014 Dozens of people killed in Iraq bombings, clashes
- 20/04/2014 Gul expresses sorrow over death of Colombia's 'Gabo'
- 20/04/2014 13 die in fresh bout of mortar, bomb attacks in Syria
- 20/04/2014 Removal of chemicals from Syria to be completed within days - UN envoy
- 19/04/2014 Two killed, one injured in Bahrain bomb attack
- 19/04/2014 Several people killed in Turkey as bus overturns
- 19/04/2014 Violence intensifies as Syria braces for presidential vote
- 19/04/2014 South Korean ferry death toll rises to 33, 269 missing
- 19/04/2014 Foreigner dies of MERS in Saudi
- 19/04/2014 Drone risks damage at record depth in search for Malaysian plane
- 19/04/2014 10 killed in car bomb blast in Syria's Homs
- 18/04/2014 Cambodian PM expresses sympathy over South Korea ferry sinking
- 18/04/2014 20 confirmed dead in Yunnan mine flood
- 18/04/2014 Several injured in prison clash in Iran
- 18/04/2014 25 confirmed dead in S. Korean ferry sinking
- 18/04/2014 15 killed, 20 injured as vans run over people in E. Pakistan
- 18/04/2014 Turkey, Malaysia ink free trade agreement
- 18/04/2014 33 killed in violent attacks in Iraq
- 18/04/2014 6.2-magnitude quake hits Balleny Islands region:USGS
- 18/04/2014 Israel frees 3 Lebanese detainees, holds two
- 17/04/2014 Suspected rebel attack kills 21 in Syria's Aleppo
- 17/04/2014 7 dead, 289 still missing in S. Korea ferry sinking
- 17/04/2014 Syrian opposition willing to participate in talks
- 17/04/2014 Jordanian warplanes destroy vehicles trying to cross from Syria: spokesman
- 17/04/2014 Iran expects next payment under nuclear deal, signaling compliance
- 16/04/2014 6 killed, 53 wounded in violent attacks across Iraq
- 16/04/2014 A ship with 350 passengers on board issues distress signal off South Korean coast
- 16/04/2014 Israeli, Palestinian negotiators to meet on Wednesday, U.S. says
- 16/04/2014 5.6-magnitude quake hits Southeast of Easter Island - USGS
- 15/04/2014 US airstrike kills woman, two children in E. Afghanistan
- 15/04/2014 11 killed in separate violent attacks across Iraq
- 15/04/2014 Malaysia jet search area too deep for submarine
- 15/04/2014 Syrian army seizes ancient Christian town near Lebanese border
- 15/04/2014 Police seize record number of illegal arms
- 15/04/2014 Israel minister warns Kerry over 'surrender' to Iran
- 13/04/2014 Eight dead, 14 hurt in fatal highway accident in S. Philippines
- 13/04/2014 Tsunami warning cancelled after earthquake hits near Solomon Islands
- 13/04/2014 15 injured after train derails in NE China
- 13/04/2014 Security forces kill 14 Taliban militants across Afghanistan
- 13/04/2014 8.3-magnitude quake hits off Kirakira, Solomon Islands