SİZİN REKLAM BURADA
Last news
Death toll from new coronavirus rises to 66: WHO

[ 16 November 2013 04:39 ]



Baku-APA. Two more people died from the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), bringing the death toll to 66, the World Health Organization (WHO) said Friday, APA reports quoting Xinhua.

 

WHO said in its latest disease outbreak update that the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has reported a laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with the new coronavirus.

 

The patient, a 75-year-old man, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Oct. 1, was hospitalized on Oct. 12 and died on Nov. 10. He is a national of Oman, according to WHO.

 

And a previously-confirmed case from Oman, the country's first confirmed new coronavirus infection, has died, it said.

 

Besides, Qatar also reported an additional confirmed case to the WHO. The man, 61, with underlying medical conditions, became ill on Nov. 4 and was hospitalised on Nov. 7.

 

WHO said that he is in critical condition. Preliminary epidemiological investigation indicates that the patient had exposure to farms where livestock are kept.

 

Globally, from September 2012 to date, WHO has been informed of a total of 155 laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with MERS-CoV.