The court passed a judgment on the defendants at the hearing presided by judge Javid Huseynov.
Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov were sentenced to 8-year imprisonment, Rashad Hasanov to 7 years 6 months, Bakhtiyar Guliyev to 7 years, Mammad Azizov to 7 years 6 months, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years in prison.
Prosecutor demanded to sentence Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov to 8 years 6 months in prison, Rashad Hasanov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev and Mammad Azizov to 8 years, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years 6 months and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years 6 months at the hearing presided over by judge Javid Huseynov.
Nida members went on a hunger strike as a protest against the public prosecutor’s speech.
Seven members of “Nida” Civic Movement were arrested. As a result of the National Security Ministry and Prosecutor General’s Office, the house of student of the vocational school Guliyev Bakhtiyar Samandar was searched. 19 petrol bombs, 255,40g hashish and 15,48g dried marihuana were found there. The house of student of Odlar Yurdu University Novruzlu Shahin Ibrahim was also searched. 3 petrol bombs,
Criminal case has been launched on articles 234.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping or selling drugs) and 228.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping, carrying weapons, explosives) of the Criminal Code and Mammad Azizov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev, Shahin Novruzlu, Rashadat Akhundov, Uzeyir Mammadli, Rashad Hasanov and Zaur Gurbanli and member of Free Youth Organization Ilkin Rustamzadeh were arrested.
During the investigation, they faced extra charge under Criminal Code’s article 220.1 (the organization of a mass disorders accompanied with violence, breaking, arsons, destruction of property, application of fire-arms, explosives, and also rendering of armed resistance to representative of authority, or participation in such disorders).
- 04/09/2015 Second earthquake hits Oghuz today
- 04/09/2015 Court extends Rauf Mirgadirov’s prison term
- 04/09/2015 Azerbaijan Seismological Center: Earthquake lasted up to 15 seconds, so it was felt in country’s faraway districts
- 04/09/2015 Friday’s earthquake in Azerbaijan felt in Turkey
- 04/09/2015 Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Oghuz
- 04/09/2015 Azerbaijani MES: No destruction after earthquake
- 04/09/2015 Republican Seismological Service Center addresses citizens over earthquake
- 04/09/2015 7-magnitude earthquake rocks Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 03/09/2015 Rauf Mirgadirov stands trial anew
- 03/09/2015 Prison term extended for those arrested on case of fire outbreak in Baku high-rise
- 02/09/2015 5 detained in antiterrorist operation in Azerbaijan - VİDEO
- 01/09/2015 State Commission discloses new data on hostages, captives, missing persons
- 01/09/2015 State Commission submits to ICRC specified data about 15 missing persons
- 01/09/2015 Report on captives, hostages, missing people announced
- 01/09/2015 German Sterligov: I’ll act as Russian law enforcement bodies recommend me
- 01/09/2015 Khadija Ismayilova sentenced to seven years and six months in prison
- 01/09/2015 Armenians fire at wedding tent in Terter, three civilians injured
- 01/09/2015 Azerbaijan's investigative team to interrogate German Sterligov in Moscow
- 01/09/2015 Passenger car crashes into tanker truck in Baku: 2 dead, 2 injured
- 31/08/2015 Khadija Ismayilova makes final plea in court
- 29/08/2015 Judge, whose video was spread by former university rector, dies
- 29/08/2015 MES issues official statement on burning of bus in Baku
- 28/08/2015 Azerbaijan issues international arrest warrant for another Turkish businessman
- 28/08/2015 Human rights defenders visit imprisoned former chairman of State Flag Square
- 28/08/2015 Imprisoned journalist Rauf Mirgadirov transferred to medical facility
- 28/08/2015 One Azerbaijani killed, another two injured in brawl in St. Petersburg
- 28/08/2015 UK citizen commits suicide in Azerbaijani capital
- 28/08/2015 Former police officer murdered in Baku
- 28/08/2015 Azerbaijani army positions come under intensive fire
- 27/08/2015 Azerbaijani businessman, surrounded by separatists in Ukraine, shoots himself dead
- 27/08/2015 Criminal case opened against School director in Azerbaijan
- 26/08/2015 Another Azerbaijani killed in Syria - PHOTO
- 26/08/2015 Azerbaijan State Customs Committee comments on reports of Russian blogger being prevented from entering country
- 26/08/2015 Azerbaijan court announces verdict for those convicted of fighting in Syria
- 26/08/2015 Khadija Ismayilova’s defense lawyers make speech
- 25/08/2015 Female lawyer stabbed in Azerbaijan
- 25/08/2015 40-person team investigating fire in Germany's refugee camp
- 25/08/2015 One detained over killing of Azerbaijani businessman in Ukraine
- 25/08/2015 Human rights defenders visit Armenian serviceman held in Azerbaijan
- 24/08/2015 Ministry official: Policemen who detained Bahruz Hajiyev questioned