The court passed a judgment on the defendants at the hearing presided by judge Javid Huseynov.
Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov were sentenced to 8-year imprisonment, Rashad Hasanov to 7 years 6 months, Bakhtiyar Guliyev to 7 years, Mammad Azizov to 7 years 6 months, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years in prison.
Prosecutor demanded to sentence Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov to 8 years 6 months in prison, Rashad Hasanov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev and Mammad Azizov to 8 years, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years 6 months and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years 6 months at the hearing presided over by judge Javid Huseynov.
Nida members went on a hunger strike as a protest against the public prosecutor’s speech.
Seven members of “Nida” Civic Movement were arrested. As a result of the National Security Ministry and Prosecutor General’s Office, the house of student of the vocational school Guliyev Bakhtiyar Samandar was searched. 19 petrol bombs, 255,40g hashish and 15,48g dried marihuana were found there. The house of student of Odlar Yurdu University Novruzlu Shahin Ibrahim was also searched. 3 petrol bombs,
Criminal case has been launched on articles 234.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping or selling drugs) and 228.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping, carrying weapons, explosives) of the Criminal Code and Mammad Azizov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev, Shahin Novruzlu, Rashadat Akhundov, Uzeyir Mammadli, Rashad Hasanov and Zaur Gurbanli and member of Free Youth Organization Ilkin Rustamzadeh were arrested.
During the investigation, they faced extra charge under Criminal Code’s article 220.1 (the organization of a mass disorders accompanied with violence, breaking, arsons, destruction of property, application of fire-arms, explosives, and also rendering of armed resistance to representative of authority, or participation in such disorders).
- 30/05/2015 Woman, 38, stabbed in Azerbaijan’s Tovuz
- 29/05/2015 Nizami Piriyev clarifies his release from prison
- 27/05/2015 ICRC representatives meet with Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 26/05/2015 Company director arrested in Azerbaijan
- 26/05/2015 Imprisoned head of IBA Dubai branch transferred to Baku pre-trial detention facility
- 26/05/2015 Man shoots brother in Baku
- 25/05/2015 London-based Azerbaijanis express their anger over hostages in Armenian captivity - PHOTOSESSION
- 25/05/2015 Armenians set fire to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 22/05/2015 Occupants of fire-hit building begin receiving compensation
- 22/05/2015 Baku mayor meets occupants of fire-hit building - UPDATED
- 22/05/2015 Baku mayor: Fire-hit building occupants to be given compensation today
- 22/05/2015 ICRC representatives meet with Armenian scout held in Azerbaijan
- 22/05/2015 State Commission chairman Abid Sharifov inspects fire site
- 21/05/2015 Isfendiyar Akhundov: “I am not involved in any investigation”
- 21/05/2015 Chairman of Baku Court of Appeal Imam Naghiyev elected JSC Chairman
- 20/05/2015 Kemaleddin Heydarov: In Azerbaijan there are 263 buildings with flammable cladding materials - UPDATED
- 20/05/2015 President Aliyev: Criminals should be brought to justice
- 20/05/2015 Mehriban Aliyeva visits injured in fire outbreak in Baku - PHOTOSESSION
- 20/05/2015 Baku mayor: Reconstruction work likely to start soon in burnt building
- 20/05/2015 Court announces verdict for another two convicted of fighting in Syria
- 20/05/2015 Azerbaijan issues international arrest warrant for another Niger hacker
- 20/05/2015 All 15 dead in Baku high-rise fire identified - FULL LIST
- 20/05/2015 Death toll from multi-storey building fire in Baku reaches 15
- 19/05/2015 Abid Sharifov: All occupants of build hit by fire to be provided with houses
- 19/05/2015 Health Ministry: 14 killed, 50 injured in Baku fire outbreak
- 19/05/2015 Director of company engaged in facing fire-affected building detained
- 19/05/2015 Death toll from residential building fire in Baku reaches 16- UPDATED-3
- 19/05/2015 Fire in Baku residential building localized
- 19/05/2015 8 people, diagnosed with smoke inhalation, taken to Clinic Medical Center
- 19/05/2015 Prosecutor General: According to preliminary supposition, reason of fire was low-quality cladding material
- 19/05/2015 Prosecutor General: 4 killed, 14 injured in residential building fire in Baku
- 19/05/2015 Azerbaijani interior minister and prosecutor general arrive at fire scene - UPDATED
- 19/05/2015 Health Ministry: Fire in Baku residential building leaves two dead - VİDEO
- 19/05/2015 Health Ministry: 30 ambulances deployed to scene of fire in Baku
- 19/05/2015 Residential building on fire in Baku, helicopter deployed to scene - UPDATED - PHOTOSESSION - VİDEO
- 19/05/2015 Azerbaijan issues international arrest warrant for member of radical group accused of killing police officer
- 18/05/2015 Azerbaijan launches ‘border-shield’ operations at border with Russia
- 16/05/2015 Azerbaijan issues international arrest warrant for another Turkish businessman
- 15/05/2015 Lawyer: Criminal case opened against Adil Huseynov
- 15/05/2015 Man who committed murder 17 years ago released in courtroom