The court passed a judgment on the defendants at the hearing presided by judge Javid Huseynov.
Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov were sentenced to 8-year imprisonment, Rashad Hasanov to 7 years 6 months, Bakhtiyar Guliyev to 7 years, Mammad Azizov to 7 years 6 months, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years in prison.
Prosecutor demanded to sentence Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov to 8 years 6 months in prison, Rashad Hasanov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev and Mammad Azizov to 8 years, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years 6 months and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years 6 months at the hearing presided over by judge Javid Huseynov.
Nida members went on a hunger strike as a protest against the public prosecutor’s speech.
Seven members of “Nida” Civic Movement were arrested. As a result of the National Security Ministry and Prosecutor General’s Office, the house of student of the vocational school Guliyev Bakhtiyar Samandar was searched. 19 petrol bombs, 255,40g hashish and 15,48g dried marihuana were found there. The house of student of Odlar Yurdu University Novruzlu Shahin Ibrahim was also searched. 3 petrol bombs,
Criminal case has been launched on articles 234.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping or selling drugs) and 228.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping, carrying weapons, explosives) of the Criminal Code and Mammad Azizov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev, Shahin Novruzlu, Rashadat Akhundov, Uzeyir Mammadli, Rashad Hasanov and Zaur Gurbanli and member of Free Youth Organization Ilkin Rustamzadeh were arrested.
During the investigation, they faced extra charge under Criminal Code’s article 220.1 (the organization of a mass disorders accompanied with violence, breaking, arsons, destruction of property, application of fire-arms, explosives, and also rendering of armed resistance to representative of authority, or participation in such disorders).
- 21/09/2014 24 die in Pakistan floods, raising death toll to 346
- 18/09/2014 Ebola death toll hits 2,600 — WHO
- 09/09/2014 Ebola death toll reaches 2,288, says World Health Organization
- 09/09/2014 Interior Ministry issues statement on residential building explosion in Khirdalan
- 09/09/2014 Azerbaijan prevents attempt to put into circulation large numbers of counterfeit U.S. dollars
- 09/09/2014 Part of building in Khirdalan where explosion occurred being vacated
- 09/09/2014 Quake hits Caspian Sea
- 08/09/2014 Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations makes public causes of explosion in Khirdalan
- 08/09/2014 MES: Number of those pulled from rubble of explosion in Khirdalan reached 11
- 08/09/2014 One of 5 injured taken to Clinical Medical Center in critical condition
- 08/09/2014 MES: So far 9 rescued from rubble of residential building explosion in Khirdalan
- 08/09/2014 Minister of Emergency Situations Kemaleddin Heydarov visits explosion site in Khirdalan
- 08/09/2014 MES: Works underway to rescue 3 more persons from rubble of explosion
- 08/09/2014 Health Ministry: 8 injured in residential building explosion in Khirdalan hospitalized
- 08/09/2014 8 rescued from rubble of residential building explosion in Azerbaijan’s Khirdalan city - UPDATED 4 - PHOTOSESSION
- 06/09/2014 Floods kill 3 in southeastern Bulgaria Saturday
- 05/09/2014 General Prosecutor's Office: Said Nuriyev hasn’t applied to any relevant body for renunciation of his Azerbaijani citizenship
- 04/09/2014 Penitentiary Service: Leyla Yunus’ concerns about detention conditions completely groundless
- 03/09/2014 Human rights defender meets with Rauf Mirgadirov
- 03/09/2014 Azerbaijani citizen fought in Syria arrested
- 03/09/2014 Infant kidnapped 21 days ago in Azerbaijan found safe - PHOTO
- 03/09/2014 Those killed in fatal traffic accident named - UPDATED - 3 - PHOTOSESSION
- 02/09/2014 4 detained on suspicion of murdering Kremenchuk’s mayor Oleg Babayev
- 02/09/2014 Interior Ministry: Surveillance cameras installed in Alley of Martyrs in Baku
- 02/09/2014 MES: Fire not occurred in library named after Jafar Jabbarli - UPDATED
- 01/09/2014 Traffic in Baku’s main streets and avenues to be restricted due to Turkish president’s visit
- 31/08/2014 Earthquake jolts Zardab region of Azerbaijan
- 30/08/2014 Absheron District Police Department and Prosecutor’s Office issues statement on arrest of Seymur Haziyev
- 28/08/2014 Foreign Affairs Ministry: “The case of the Azerbaijani citizen missing in the USA is under control”
- 26/08/2014 Yerevan police refuse to receive Azerbaijani citizen from Aeroflot plane flying from Dubai to Moscow
- 25/08/2014 Quake hits Azerbaijan
- 23/08/2014 Interior Ministry of Nakhchivan AR: Ilgar Nasibov was beaten by his friend, he is detained
- 23/08/2014 5 people, including pro-rector brought to justice over financial irregularities detected in Azerbaijan University of Languages
- 22/08/2014 Prosecutor demands life imprisonment for MP’s nephew
- 22/08/2014 Criminal case launched on abusive act committed on graves of Ilham and Fariza
- 21/08/2014 46 inmates appealed to the President upon request of fighting on frontline
- 21/08/2014 Police officer’s wife throws herself off fifth floor in Baku
- 21/08/2014 Road accident claims two lives, injures two in Tovuz
- 20/08/2014 Azerbaijan declares another Turkish citizen internationally wanted on tax evasion
- 20/08/2014 Turkish soldier dies from accidental wound