The court passed a judgment on the defendants at the hearing presided by judge Javid Huseynov.
Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov were sentenced to 8-year imprisonment, Rashad Hasanov to 7 years 6 months, Bakhtiyar Guliyev to 7 years, Mammad Azizov to 7 years 6 months, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years in prison.
Prosecutor demanded to sentence Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov to 8 years 6 months in prison, Rashad Hasanov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev and Mammad Azizov to 8 years, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years 6 months and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years 6 months at the hearing presided over by judge Javid Huseynov.
Nida members went on a hunger strike as a protest against the public prosecutor’s speech.
Seven members of “Nida” Civic Movement were arrested. As a result of the National Security Ministry and Prosecutor General’s Office, the house of student of the vocational school Guliyev Bakhtiyar Samandar was searched. 19 petrol bombs, 255,40g hashish and 15,48g dried marihuana were found there. The house of student of Odlar Yurdu University Novruzlu Shahin Ibrahim was also searched. 3 petrol bombs,
Criminal case has been launched on articles 234.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping or selling drugs) and 228.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping, carrying weapons, explosives) of the Criminal Code and Mammad Azizov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev, Shahin Novruzlu, Rashadat Akhundov, Uzeyir Mammadli, Rashad Hasanov and Zaur Gurbanli and member of Free Youth Organization Ilkin Rustamzadeh were arrested.
During the investigation, they faced extra charge under Criminal Code’s article 220.1 (the organization of a mass disorders accompanied with violence, breaking, arsons, destruction of property, application of fire-arms, explosives, and also rendering of armed resistance to representative of authority, or participation in such disorders).
- 01/08/2015 Azerbaijani citizen taken hostage by PKK: Terrorists held about 10-15 Azerbaijanis
- 01/08/2015 3 arms dealers arrested in Azerbaijan
- 01/08/2015 Court chairman dies in Azerbaijan
- 01/08/2015 5 die as "Opel" hit truck in Azerbaijan
- 31/07/2015 Car falls off bridge in Azerbaijan, 5 dead - UPDATED
- 31/07/2015 Zakir Qaralov: 96 out of 97 crimes of deliberate murder recorded in first half of this year in Azerbaijan uncovered
- 31/07/2015 Suspected criminal detained at border crossing while attempting to flee Azerbaijan
- 31/07/2015 Chairman of Human Rights Club Rasul Jafarov’s prison term reduced
- 31/07/2015 Interaction with partners from U.S., EU and Georgia helped Russian special services avert terrorist attacks at Sochi Olympics: Russian FSB
- 31/07/2015 Theologian Taleh Baghirov released
- 30/07/2015 Two people drown in Azerbaijan, body of one of them found - UPDATED
- 30/07/2015 Two persons drown in Azerbaijan
- 30/07/2015 Azerbaijan publicizes identity of high-ranking military officials and charges against them
- 30/07/2015 Police captain stabbed in Baku - PHOTO
- 30/07/2015 96 people killed, 250 injured this year in emergency accidents in Azerbaijan
- 30/07/2015 Azerbaijan declares one more Turkish businessman internationally wanted
- 29/07/2015 Polish bikers injured in traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 29/07/2015 29-year old man shot outside his house in Zagatala
- 29/07/2015 Trial begins on case of Yegishe Gevorkyan who crossed into Azerbaijan with family
- 28/07/2015 Mother and daughter drowned in the sea in Khachmaz district
- 28/07/2015 Azerbaijan declares Russia's millionaire German Sterligov internationally wanted
- 28/07/2015 ISIS’ Azerbaijani “Emir of Istanbul” arrested - VİDEO
- 28/07/2015 Youngster, failing university entrance exams, commits suicide in Ganja
- 28/07/2015 Trial of Leyla, Arif Yunus continued with witnesses’ testimonies
- 27/07/2015 Executive director of Transparency Azerbaijan: I suffered moral and material damages as a result of Leyla Yunus’s activity - UPDATED
- 26/07/2015 Lafayette theater shooter switched license plates, had wigs waiting in hotel
- 25/07/2015 Two persons saved from drowning in Mingachevir reservoir
- 25/07/2015 Woman shot dead by father-in-law in Azerbaijan
- 25/07/2015 Man dies after falling off waterfall in Azerbaijan
- 24/07/2015 Khadija Ismayilova’s trial starts
- 22/07/2015 Corruption cases sent to Azerbaijan courts in H1 2015 mainly related with bank, private and construction sectors
- 22/07/2015 Anti-Corruption Department: Any corruption fact on IBA will be investigated
- 22/07/2015 Azerbaijan makes public statistics of corruption-related crimes recorded in H1 2015
- 21/07/2015 Court rejects Intigam Aliyev’s appeal
- 20/07/2015 Car crashes into railings in Shamakhi, 26-year-old boy dies
- 15/07/2015 Hearing held in case of Leyla and Arif Yunus
- 15/07/2015 Court rejects appeal of Armenian scout captured in Aghdam - UPDATED
- 15/07/2015 Another victim of plant explosion in Azerbaijan dies
- 15/07/2015 Khadija Ismayilova's trial rescheduled
- 15/07/2015 Death toll reached 5 as the explosion in Tbilisi - PHOTO - UPDATED