The court passed a judgment on the defendants at the hearing presided by judge Javid Huseynov.
Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov were sentenced to 8-year imprisonment, Rashad Hasanov to 7 years 6 months, Bakhtiyar Guliyev to 7 years, Mammad Azizov to 7 years 6 months, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years in prison.
Prosecutor demanded to sentence Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov to 8 years 6 months in prison, Rashad Hasanov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev and Mammad Azizov to 8 years, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years 6 months and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years 6 months at the hearing presided over by judge Javid Huseynov.
Nida members went on a hunger strike as a protest against the public prosecutor’s speech.
Seven members of “Nida” Civic Movement were arrested. As a result of the National Security Ministry and Prosecutor General’s Office, the house of student of the vocational school Guliyev Bakhtiyar Samandar was searched. 19 petrol bombs, 255,40g hashish and 15,48g dried marihuana were found there. The house of student of Odlar Yurdu University Novruzlu Shahin Ibrahim was also searched. 3 petrol bombs,
Criminal case has been launched on articles 234.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping or selling drugs) and 228.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping, carrying weapons, explosives) of the Criminal Code and Mammad Azizov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev, Shahin Novruzlu, Rashadat Akhundov, Uzeyir Mammadli, Rashad Hasanov and Zaur Gurbanli and member of Free Youth Organization Ilkin Rustamzadeh were arrested.
During the investigation, they faced extra charge under Criminal Code’s article 220.1 (the organization of a mass disorders accompanied with violence, breaking, arsons, destruction of property, application of fire-arms, explosives, and also rendering of armed resistance to representative of authority, or participation in such disorders).
- 20/11/2014 Azerbaijanis detained while attempting to cross into Syria from Turkey named
- 19/11/2014 Kamran Aliyev: More than 150 corruption-related criminal cases sent to court for consideration
- 19/11/2014 Prosecutor General Zakir Garalov elected chairman of Assembly of International Anti-Corruption Academy member states
- 19/11/2014 Azerbaijan ranks last among CIS countries for number of criminal cases considered in courts
- 19/11/2014 Ramiz Rzayev: Azerbaijan trying to achieve democratic solution to problem of its citizens, taken hostage in Kalbajar
- 19/11/2014 Baku hosting 3rd Assembly of International Anti-Corruption Academy
- 19/11/2014 86-year-old woman commits suicide drinking acetic acid in Azerbaijan
- 17/11/2014 Georgian citizen taken hostage in Baku
- 17/11/2014 Trial of persons robbing UK citizen BP employee in Baku starts
- 14/11/2014 ICRC representatives visit Armenian family held in Azerbaijan
- 14/11/2014 The man responsible for the accident hit traffic police while attempting to escape from the scene in Baku
- 13/11/2014 Sumgayit Wahhabi leader detained
- 11/11/2014 951 died in traffic accidents in Azerbaijan this year
- 11/11/2014 Gang preparing armed attack in Azerbaijan’s capital rendered harmless
- 08/11/2014 Opium den found in Azerbaijan’s Lankaran district
- 07/11/2014 Body of man, fallen into sea in overpass accident, found
- 07/11/2014 ICRC representatives visit Azerbaijanis taken hostage by Armenians in Kalbajar
- 06/11/2014 Azerbaijani secondary school hit by fire
- 04/11/2014 Azerbaijan helps Iranian ship fallen into dangerous state in Caspian Sea
- 04/11/2014 Azerbaijani Interior Ministry confirms staff changes - UPDATED
- 04/11/2014 Woman dies in childbirth in Azerbaijan
- 03/11/2014 Azerbaijani arrested while attempting to go to Syria with his family
- 03/11/2014 Houses flooded due to heavy rains in Azerbaijan’s capital, MES rescued 7 people
- 01/11/2014 Azerbaijani deputy interior minister sent into retirement
- 01/11/2014 Azerbaijan clarifies fates of another 25 people registered as missing
- 31/10/2014 Bahram Baghirzade: Man, in whose house in Moscow heroin was found, was not member of “Guys from Baku” team
- 31/10/2014 Azerbaijan arrests former police officer sacked over service irregularities
- 30/10/2014 Passenger bus collides with truck in Baku - PHOTOSESSION
- 30/10/2014 Court rejects Arif Yunus’s petition
- 30/10/2014 Court announces judgment on Eldeniz Guliyev
- 29/10/2014 Court rejects Intigam Aliyev’s appeal
- 28/10/2014 Landslide hits Lankaran-Lerik road again - PHOTOSESSION
- 25/10/2014 Chingiz Asgarov: Correspondence between Intigam Aliyev and European Court are not important for investigation
- 25/10/2014 Number of victims of offshore platform accident in Azerbaijan publicized
- 24/10/2014 Ombudsman receives CoE Commissioner for Human Rights
- 24/10/2014 Supreme Court Chairman: If there is any deficiency, it should be defined and eliminated
- 24/10/2014 Prison terms of Leyla Yunus and Intigam Aliyev extended
- 24/10/2014 Solar eclipse expected tonight
- 24/10/2014 Man arrested for embezzling large properties of quake-affected people in Azerbaijan
- 24/10/2014 Criminal case launched on offshore platform accident in Azerbaijan