The court passed a judgment on the defendants at the hearing presided by judge Javid Huseynov.
Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov were sentenced to 8-year imprisonment, Rashad Hasanov to 7 years 6 months, Bakhtiyar Guliyev to 7 years, Mammad Azizov to 7 years 6 months, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years in prison.
Prosecutor demanded to sentence Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov to 8 years 6 months in prison, Rashad Hasanov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev and Mammad Azizov to 8 years, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years 6 months and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years 6 months at the hearing presided over by judge Javid Huseynov.
Nida members went on a hunger strike as a protest against the public prosecutor’s speech.
Seven members of “Nida” Civic Movement were arrested. As a result of the National Security Ministry and Prosecutor General’s Office, the house of student of the vocational school Guliyev Bakhtiyar Samandar was searched. 19 petrol bombs, 255,40g hashish and 15,48g dried marihuana were found there. The house of student of Odlar Yurdu University Novruzlu Shahin Ibrahim was also searched. 3 petrol bombs,
Criminal case has been launched on articles 234.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping or selling drugs) and 228.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping, carrying weapons, explosives) of the Criminal Code and Mammad Azizov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev, Shahin Novruzlu, Rashadat Akhundov, Uzeyir Mammadli, Rashad Hasanov and Zaur Gurbanli and member of Free Youth Organization Ilkin Rustamzadeh were arrested.
During the investigation, they faced extra charge under Criminal Code’s article 220.1 (the organization of a mass disorders accompanied with violence, breaking, arsons, destruction of property, application of fire-arms, explosives, and also rendering of armed resistance to representative of authority, or participation in such disorders).
- 30/06/2015 Azerbaijani border guards prevent smuggling attempt by sea
- 29/06/2015 Azerbaijan issues arrest warrant for construction company director who inflicted AZN 10m damage on citizens
- 28/06/2015 Traffic movement to be restricted in central streets, avenues of Baku today
- 24/06/2015 Turkish citizen placed on Interpol’s wanted list over traffic violations in Azerbaijan
- 24/06/2015 1841 protocols drawn up for drivers infringing rules of European Games lanes in Baku
- 23/06/2015 Investigation into Khadija Ismayilova’s case completed
- 23/06/2015 IBTimes dedicates reportage to first European Games
- 22/06/2015 Drug smuggling from Iran to Azerbaijan prevented
- 21/06/2015 A person with threat of drowning in Absheron, rescued
- 21/06/2015 Interior Ministry clarifies news about murder of two minors in Ganja
- 21/06/2015 Initial causes to suicide of Nazim Ibrahimov’s brother-in-law became known
- 19/06/2015 Some roads to be closed for two days in Baku - LIST
- 19/06/2015 PACE Secretariat: Azerbaijan needs to nominate new candidates for post of judge at ECHR
- 16/06/2015 Suspected murderer of Azerbaijani woman to be released in US
- 15/06/2015 Baku-Nakhchivan aircraft returns back to the Heydar Aliyev International Airport due to the failure of one of its engines
- 13/06/2015 Baku-Nakhchivan plane returned back to the Heydar Aliyev International Airport because of the pressure drop in one of aircraft's hydraulic systems
- 12/06/2015 Incident with Austrian female athletes injured in Baku being investigated – minister
- 11/06/2015 Kazakh court sentences four Azerbaijanis to 5-month imprisonment
- 11/06/2015 BEGOC issues statement on incident at Transport Hub within Athletes' Village in Baku
- 11/06/2015 Supreme Court chairman: Judges should take their work seriously and be responsible
- 11/06/2015 Tariff Council: Sharp change expected in drug prices
- 10/06/2015 Azerbaijan detained 411 wanted in May
- 10/06/2015 Bride killed in traffic accident in Baku - PHOTO
- 08/06/2015 Court hearing held on appeal of Armenian scout captured in Agdam - UPDATED - VİDEO
- 08/06/2015 Suspect detained over murder of municipal chairwoman and her husband in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 06/06/2015 Interior Minister: All security measures taken for first-ever European Games
- 05/06/2015 Mother kills two daughters in Baku
- 05/06/2015 Traffic movement to be restricted in some Baku streets, avenues tomorrow
- 02/06/2015 43 Azerbaijani businessmen released from prison after paying off overdue loan debts
- 01/06/2015 Azerbaijani, 48, shot dead in Russia
- 01/06/2015 Court announces verdict on Azerbaijanis convicted of fighting in Syria
- 01/06/2015 Vehicles registered in Azerbaijan’s districts banned from entering Baku starting from today
- 01/06/2015 Two drown in Aras River in Azerbaijan
- 30/05/2015 Woman, 38, stabbed in Azerbaijan’s Tovuz
- 29/05/2015 Nizami Piriyev clarifies his release from prison
- 27/05/2015 ICRC representatives meet with Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 26/05/2015 Company director arrested in Azerbaijan
- 26/05/2015 Imprisoned head of IBA Dubai branch transferred to Baku pre-trial detention facility
- 26/05/2015 Man shoots brother in Baku
- 25/05/2015 London-based Azerbaijanis express their anger over hostages in Armenian captivity - PHOTOSESSION