Court passes judgment on Nida members
The court passed a judgment on the defendants at the hearing presided by judge Javid Huseynov.
Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov were sentenced to 8-year imprisonment, Rashad Hasanov to 7 years 6 months, Bakhtiyar Guliyev to 7 years, Mammad Azizov to 7 years 6 months, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years in prison.
Prosecutor demanded to sentence Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov to 8 years 6 months in prison, Rashad Hasanov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev and Mammad Azizov to 8 years, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years 6 months and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years 6 months at the hearing presided over by judge Javid Huseynov.
Nida members went on a hunger strike as a protest against the public prosecutor’s speech.
Seven members of “Nida” Civic Movement were arrested. As a result of the National Security Ministry and Prosecutor General’s Office, the house of student of the vocational school Guliyev Bakhtiyar Samandar was searched. 19 petrol bombs, 255,40g hashish and 15,48g dried marihuana were found there. The house of student of Odlar Yurdu University Novruzlu Shahin Ibrahim was also searched. 3 petrol bombs,
Criminal case has been launched on articles 234.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping or selling drugs) and 228.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping, carrying weapons, explosives) of the Criminal Code and Mammad Azizov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev, Shahin Novruzlu, Rashadat Akhundov, Uzeyir Mammadli, Rashad Hasanov and Zaur Gurbanli and member of Free Youth Organization Ilkin Rustamzadeh were arrested.
During the investigation, they faced extra charge under Criminal Code’s article 220.1 (the organization of a mass disorders accompanied with violence, breaking, arsons, destruction of property, application of fire-arms, explosives, and also rendering of armed resistance to representative of authority, or participation in such disorders).
Related news releases
- 26.11.2015Fire broke out in forest of Shahdag National Park
- 25.11.2015Nineteen officials of the Ministry of National Security arrested - UPDATED
- 25.11.2015Court rejects Khadija Ismayilova’s appeal
- 25.11.2015Witnesses give testimonies at Rauf Mirgadirov’s hearing
- 25.11.2015Azerbaijan launches criminal case against one more official
- 25.11.2015Student kills her landlady in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2015Azerbaijan launches Caspian-2015 command and staff drills - PHOTOSESSION
- 23.11.2015Fire broke out in transformer in Khatai district extinguished
- 22.11.2015Some MNS employees committed crimes, their actions being legally assessed – first deputy minister
- 21.11.2015US co-chair: Seven occupied territories surrounding Nagorno-Karabakh will have to be returned to Azerbaijan’s control
- 20.11.2015Azerbaijani child burns to death in house fire - UPDATED
- 20.11.2015Over 4,000 debtors banned from leaving Azerbaijan – justice minister
- 19.11.2015Azerbaijan issues international arrest for another businessman
- 18.11.2015Court to resume hearing on Rauf Mirgadirov’s case on Nov.25
- 18.11.2015Ombudsman’s Office reps meet with Khadija Ismayil and Leyla Yunus
- 18.11.2015Pretrial detention extended of some IBA case detainees
- 18.11.2015Armenian provocation prevented during handover of soldier
- 18.11.2015Armenian soldier who voluntarily surrendered to Azerbaijani side returns home
- 18.11.2015Rauf Mirgadirov gives testimony in court
- 18.11.2015Two persons wanted in Russia detained in Azerbaijan
- 18.11.2015Another employee of Azerbaijani communications operator arrested
- 17.11.2015Aztelekom director general arrested
- 16.11.2015U.S. Department of Justice holds “Core Judicial Skills” Seminar
- 15.11.2015Former department head at Azerbaijani MNS arrested
- 14.11.2015Azerbaijani girl, 13, suffers carbon monoxide poisoning
- 14.11.2015Azerbaijani traffic police warn drivers about use of car blinds and thin-films
- 14.11.2015Renowned Azerbaijani human rights activist dies
- 13.11.2015One more fisherman drowns in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 13.11.2015Another fisherman missing in Caspian Sea found dead
- 12.11.2015Prosecutor General’s Office comments on armed in incident at Garadagh school
- 12.11.2015More than 10 officials of Azerbaijani ministry of communications and high technologies arrested
- 12.11.2015Two detained in MNS operation in Azerbaijan
- 12.11.2015European Court issues preliminary verdict on Sakit Zahidov’s appeal
- 12.11.2015Arif Yunus released on recognizance not to leave
- 12.11.2015Armenian civilian who crossed into Azerbaijan repatriated
- 12.11.2015Constitutional Court chairman: Azerbaijan’s development based on Constitution
- 12.11.2015One of fishermen missing at Caspian Sea found dead
- 11.11.2015Former Directorate Chief of MNS sentenced to pre-trial detention
- 11.11.2015Azerbaijan issues international arrest warrant for Swiss citizen for illegally traveling to its occupied territories
- 11.11.2015Azerbaijan reopens borders crossing with Russia