The court passed a judgment on the defendants at the hearing presided by judge Javid Huseynov.
Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov were sentenced to 8-year imprisonment, Rashad Hasanov to 7 years 6 months, Bakhtiyar Guliyev to 7 years, Mammad Azizov to 7 years 6 months, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years in prison.
Prosecutor demanded to sentence Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov to 8 years 6 months in prison, Rashad Hasanov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev and Mammad Azizov to 8 years, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years 6 months and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years 6 months at the hearing presided over by judge Javid Huseynov.
Nida members went on a hunger strike as a protest against the public prosecutor’s speech.
Seven members of “Nida” Civic Movement were arrested. As a result of the National Security Ministry and Prosecutor General’s Office, the house of student of the vocational school Guliyev Bakhtiyar Samandar was searched. 19 petrol bombs, 255,40g hashish and 15,48g dried marihuana were found there. The house of student of Odlar Yurdu University Novruzlu Shahin Ibrahim was also searched. 3 petrol bombs,
Criminal case has been launched on articles 234.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping or selling drugs) and 228.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping, carrying weapons, explosives) of the Criminal Code and Mammad Azizov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev, Shahin Novruzlu, Rashadat Akhundov, Uzeyir Mammadli, Rashad Hasanov and Zaur Gurbanli and member of Free Youth Organization Ilkin Rustamzadeh were arrested.
During the investigation, they faced extra charge under Criminal Code’s article 220.1 (the organization of a mass disorders accompanied with violence, breaking, arsons, destruction of property, application of fire-arms, explosives, and also rendering of armed resistance to representative of authority, or participation in such disorders).
- 28/01/2015 Azerbaijan conducts special operation against gangsters, detains some
- 27/01/2015 Khadija Ismayilova’s prison term prolonged
- 27/01/2015 Leyla Yunus undergoes another medical examination
- 27/01/2015 Court sustains one appeal regarding Rasul Jafarov
- 27/01/2015 Son kills his father in Azerbaijan
- 26/01/2015 Azerbaijan launches criminal case on Bank employees’ embezzlement of property worth AZN 350,000
- 26/01/2015 Baku resident decapitates his wife
- 26/01/2015 5-magnitude quake hits Azerbaijan's Guba region
- 24/01/2015 Azerbaijani State Commission: 31 missing people believed to be held hostage or captive in occupied territories
- 24/01/2015 Another road closed for repairs
- 23/01/2015 Court to review Intigam Aliyev’s case on February 3
- 23/01/2015 Prosecutor General’s Office: Azerbaijan revealed illegal actions of another construction company
- 23/01/2015 Quake hits Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 22/01/2015 Prosecutor asks 6-year imprisonment for Seymur Haziyev
- 22/01/2015 Volume of drugs withdrawn from illegal trafficking in Azerbaijan last year made public
- 22/01/2015 Father-in-law found out to have killed daughter-in-law, then himself in Shirvan - UPDATED
- 21/01/2015 Protest staged in Nardaran
- 21/01/2015 Criminal case launched under article ‘murder’ regarding Azerbaijani businessman’s disappearance in Surgut
- 21/01/2015 Prosecutor General’s Office: Elshad Abdullayev declared internationally wanted
- 19/01/2015 Prosecutor’s Office: Investigation underway into criminal case on 20 January tragedy
- 19/01/2015 Azerbaijan publicizes number of those prosecuted for drug-related offences
- 19/01/2015 Azerbaijan detaines 35 foreigners over drug trafficking
- 19/01/2015 One of collided cars burned in Azerbaijan, two injured and one killed
- 19/01/2015 ISIS executes its Azerbaijani commander
- 16/01/2015 2 premeditated murders, 29 robberies remain unsolved in Baku last year
- 16/01/2015 Garachukhur Mosque arsonists explain reasons for their actions
- 16/01/2015 Court hearing on Intigam Aliyev’s case postponed
- 15/01/2015 Ombudsman issues statement on 25th anniversary of 20 January tragedy
- 15/01/2015 Rasul Jafarov stands trial
- 15/01/2015 Azerbaijan names areas with most corruption-related cases
- 15/01/2015 12 caught red-handed by Anti-Corruption Department operational group last year
- 15/01/2015 Representations made about violations committed by officials last year
- 15/01/2015 Anti-Corruption Department: 206 criminal cases on 333 persons sent to courts last year
- 14/01/2015 Explosion hits house in Sumgayit, casualties reported
- 14/01/2015 11-year-old child died in Azerbaijan traffic accident on his birthday
- 14/01/2015 313 killed in Baku traffic accidents last year
- 13/01/2015 Monument to Khojaly Genocide victims to be unveiled in Turkey’s Izmit next year
- 13/01/2015 Trial starts over appeals by Tofig Yagublu and Ilgar Mammadov
- 13/01/2015 Judge demands Sevinj Osmangizi’s presence in trial
- 13/01/2015 Court reduces Yadigar Sadigov’s prison sentence