The court passed a judgment on the defendants at the hearing presided by judge Javid Huseynov.
Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov were sentenced to 8-year imprisonment, Rashad Hasanov to 7 years 6 months, Bakhtiyar Guliyev to 7 years, Mammad Azizov to 7 years 6 months, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years in prison.
Prosecutor demanded to sentence Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov to 8 years 6 months in prison, Rashad Hasanov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev and Mammad Azizov to 8 years, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years 6 months and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years 6 months at the hearing presided over by judge Javid Huseynov.
Nida members went on a hunger strike as a protest against the public prosecutor’s speech.
Seven members of “Nida” Civic Movement were arrested. As a result of the National Security Ministry and Prosecutor General’s Office, the house of student of the vocational school Guliyev Bakhtiyar Samandar was searched. 19 petrol bombs, 255,40g hashish and 15,48g dried marihuana were found there. The house of student of Odlar Yurdu University Novruzlu Shahin Ibrahim was also searched. 3 petrol bombs,
Criminal case has been launched on articles 234.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping or selling drugs) and 228.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping, carrying weapons, explosives) of the Criminal Code and Mammad Azizov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev, Shahin Novruzlu, Rashadat Akhundov, Uzeyir Mammadli, Rashad Hasanov and Zaur Gurbanli and member of Free Youth Organization Ilkin Rustamzadeh were arrested.
During the investigation, they faced extra charge under Criminal Code’s article 220.1 (the organization of a mass disorders accompanied with violence, breaking, arsons, destruction of property, application of fire-arms, explosives, and also rendering of armed resistance to representative of authority, or participation in such disorders).
- 27/02/2015 Court rejects Arif Yunus’ appeal
- 27/02/2015 Human rights activist arrested
- 25/02/2015 Rustam Usubov: "Location of Eduard Grigorian, one of the main organizers of the Sumgayit events, determined”
- 24/02/2015 Prosecutor demands punishment for former judge accused of swindle
- 23/02/2015 Arif Yunus’s prison term extended to 5 months
- 23/02/2015 Court penalizes Khadija Ismayilova
- 23/02/2015 Criminal case launched as attache of the German Embassy in Azerbaijan was beaten
- 23/02/2015 5 killed in traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 21/02/2015 Baku building occupied by IDPs damaged by collapse
- 20/02/2015 Azerbaijan neutralizes radical group
- 18/02/2015 Azerbaijan prevents smuggling of 40 kg drugs from Ukraine and Iran
- 18/02/2015 Earthquake hits Balakan district
- 17/02/2015 Chief Accountant: AZN 119,025 was taken from bank account and given to Intigam Aliyev
- 13/02/2015 General Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan clarifies additional charges against Khadija Ismayilova - UPDATED
- 13/02/2015 Khadija Ismayilova faces extra charges
- 13/02/2015 Ombudsman’s representatives meet with Intigam Aliyev, Khadija Ismayilova and others
- 13/02/2015 Azerbaijani medical specialist arrested over bribery
- 13/02/2015 Chiefs of three district police offices replaced in Azerbaijan
- 13/02/2015 Former president of “Azerbalig” arrested in courtroom
- 13/02/2015 Two fishermen go missing in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 13/02/2015 A strong fire occurred at Sumgayit car shop
- 12/02/2015 Armenian serviceman captured in Aghdam part of frontline put in pretrial detention
- 12/02/2015 Azerbaijan announces dates of entrance exams in 2015
- 12/02/2015 Azerbaijan college director arrested over bribery
- 11/02/2015 Azerbaijan court announces verdict on woman accused of kidnapping 2-month-old baby
- 10/02/2015 Another Azerbaijani killed in Syria
- 09/02/2015 General Prosecutor’s Office completes investigation into AZN 8m corruption
- 09/02/2015 Another earthquake jolts Azerbaijan
- 09/02/2015 Quake hits Azerbaijan
- 06/02/2015 Zakir Garalov: Number of deliberate homicide acts increased in Azerbaijan last year
- 06/02/2015 Five dismissed, two expelled from Azerbaijan’s prosecuting agencies last year
- 06/02/2015 Kidnappers of 43-year-old Azerbaijani in Moscow demands 3 mln from family
- 06/02/2015 Official Info: 8 police officers injured in Terter, 6 of those attacking police detained
- 06/02/2015 5.0-magnitude quake hits Kepulauan Barat Daya, Indonesia
- 05/02/2015 Two men found dead two days ago in Baku identified
- 05/02/2015 Prosecutor demands 12-year imprisonment for woman accused of kidnapping 2-month-old baby
- 05/02/2015 Court passes verdict on those accused of collaborating with Iranian intelligence agencies
- 05/02/2015 Quake jolts Caspian Sea
- 04/02/2015 Azerbaijani district Military-Medical Commission chairman caught red handed taking bribe
- 03/02/2015 Azerbaijani border guards prevent drug smuggling from Iran