The court passed a judgment on the defendants at the hearing presided by judge Javid Huseynov.
Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov were sentenced to 8-year imprisonment, Rashad Hasanov to 7 years 6 months, Bakhtiyar Guliyev to 7 years, Mammad Azizov to 7 years 6 months, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years in prison.
Prosecutor demanded to sentence Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov to 8 years 6 months in prison, Rashad Hasanov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev and Mammad Azizov to 8 years, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years 6 months and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years 6 months at the hearing presided over by judge Javid Huseynov.
Nida members went on a hunger strike as a protest against the public prosecutor’s speech.
Seven members of “Nida” Civic Movement were arrested. As a result of the National Security Ministry and Prosecutor General’s Office, the house of student of the vocational school Guliyev Bakhtiyar Samandar was searched. 19 petrol bombs, 255,40g hashish and 15,48g dried marihuana were found there. The house of student of Odlar Yurdu University Novruzlu Shahin Ibrahim was also searched. 3 petrol bombs,
Criminal case has been launched on articles 234.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping or selling drugs) and 228.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping, carrying weapons, explosives) of the Criminal Code and Mammad Azizov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev, Shahin Novruzlu, Rashadat Akhundov, Uzeyir Mammadli, Rashad Hasanov and Zaur Gurbanli and member of Free Youth Organization Ilkin Rustamzadeh were arrested.
During the investigation, they faced extra charge under Criminal Code’s article 220.1 (the organization of a mass disorders accompanied with violence, breaking, arsons, destruction of property, application of fire-arms, explosives, and also rendering of armed resistance to representative of authority, or participation in such disorders).
- 26/04/2015 Azerbaijan`s Ambassador to Russia Polad Bulbuloglu’s mother Adelaida Mammadova dies
- 24/04/2015 Man and woman found hanging in Baku
- 24/04/2015 Tofig Yagublu temporarily released
- 24/04/2015 Missing Azerbaijani businessman found dead in Russia
- 23/04/2015 Azerbaijan opens criminal case against bank officials’ illegal actions
- 23/04/2015 Azerbaijan prevents smuggling of 33 kg drugs from Iran
- 23/04/2015 Baku hotel murder perpetuator detained
- 23/04/2015 24-year-old mother dies in childbirth in Azerbaijan
- 22/04/2015 2,933 crimes committed in Baku in first three months of 2015
- 22/04/2015 Large sum of money stolen from stranger’s apartment in Baku
- 22/04/2015 Int'l organizations welcome Azerbaijan's anti-corruption efforts - department chief
- 22/04/2015 Interior Ministry releases information on murder at Grand Hotel Europe
- 22/04/2015 Azerbaijani President reviews Heydar Aliyev Sports Palace after major overhaul
- 22/04/2015 Investigation into 32 crimes committed by Armenians against Azerbaijanis concluded – deputy general prosecutor
- 22/04/2015 Corruption crimes cause AZN 200 mln damage to state: department chief
- 22/04/2015 28-year old man kills one, injures another in Baku hotel
- 21/04/2015 Azerbaijan opens criminal case against foreign nationals engaging in int’l communication services illegally
- 21/04/2015 Azerbaijani footballer, murdered by Armenians in Russia, buried in Gazakh
- 20/04/2015 Azerbaijan initiates criminal case against school principal
- 20/04/2015 Nine cars burn after fire breaks out in Baku parking lot
- 20/04/2015 Armenian scout captured in Aghdam: I had taken along three landmines to place on contact line
- 20/04/2015 Azerbaijan releases statement on killed and burnt police officer
- 20/04/2015 Azerbaijani declared internationally wanted over tax evasion
- 20/04/2015 Schoolboy, 12, commits suicide in Baku
- 18/04/2015 Two Azerbaijan Railways CJSC security guards detained over murder
- 18/04/2015 Tovuz resident murdered in Baku
- 18/04/2015 Afghanistan suicide blast kills 33, injures more than 100
- 17/04/2015 3 dead after car slams into light pole in Baku - PHOTO
- 17/04/2015 Baku Mayor’s Office rebukes Yasamal District Executive Authority head over illegal construction
- 16/04/2015 Azerbaijan issues international arrest warrant for famous DJ Ramil Ashrafov
- 16/04/2015 Court announces judgment on Rasul Jafarov
- 15/04/2015 Azerbaijani civilian losses leg in landmine explosion
- 15/04/2015 Rasul Jafarov makes final plea in court
- 14/04/2015 Public prosecutor demands 10-year imprisonment for Intigam Aliyev - UPDATED
- 14/04/2015 Rasul Jafarov’s lawyers make speeches at court hearing
- 13/04/2015 Azerbaijani shot by unknown man in Saratov
- 13/04/2015 Three stabbed after brawl breaks out among Azerbaijanis in Russia
- 13/04/2015 Armenian scout captured in Aghdam urges his country to put end to occupation - UPDATED - PHOTO
- 13/04/2015 Four killed after passenger bus collides with car in Baku
- 11/04/2015 Police General’s son sentenced to 4-month pre-trial detention in Azerbaijan