Court passes judgment on Nida members
The court passed a judgment on the defendants at the hearing presided by judge Javid Huseynov.
Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov were sentenced to 8-year imprisonment, Rashad Hasanov to 7 years 6 months, Bakhtiyar Guliyev to 7 years, Mammad Azizov to 7 years 6 months, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years in prison.
Prosecutor demanded to sentence Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov to 8 years 6 months in prison, Rashad Hasanov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev and Mammad Azizov to 8 years, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years 6 months and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years 6 months at the hearing presided over by judge Javid Huseynov.
Nida members went on a hunger strike as a protest against the public prosecutor’s speech.
Seven members of “Nida” Civic Movement were arrested. As a result of the National Security Ministry and Prosecutor General’s Office, the house of student of the vocational school Guliyev Bakhtiyar Samandar was searched. 19 petrol bombs, 255,40g hashish and 15,48g dried marihuana were found there. The house of student of Odlar Yurdu University Novruzlu Shahin Ibrahim was also searched. 3 petrol bombs,
Criminal case has been launched on articles 234.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping or selling drugs) and 228.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping, carrying weapons, explosives) of the Criminal Code and Mammad Azizov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev, Shahin Novruzlu, Rashadat Akhundov, Uzeyir Mammadli, Rashad Hasanov and Zaur Gurbanli and member of Free Youth Organization Ilkin Rustamzadeh were arrested.
During the investigation, they faced extra charge under Criminal Code’s article 220.1 (the organization of a mass disorders accompanied with violence, breaking, arsons, destruction of property, application of fire-arms, explosives, and also rendering of armed resistance to representative of authority, or participation in such disorders).
Related news releases
- 12.02.2016Court to consider Rauf Mirgadirov’s appeal on March 18
- 12.02.2016Eight IS-trained Azerbaijani citizens detained
- 12.02.2016Azerbaijani interior ministry confirms former MNS employee’s detention in Russia - UPDATED
- 12.02.2016Azerbaijan detains four Ghanaians attempting for illegal entry
- 12.02.2016Unknown man commits attack on a bank in Baku
- 11.02.2016New head of ICRC Azerbaijan Delegation named - EXCLUSIVE
- 11.02.2016Court doesn’t allow Leyla and Arif Yunus to leave country
- 11.02.2016Fire breaks out in 5 houses in Baku - UPDATED
- 10.02.2016Fire on 10th platform of "Guneshli" field completely extinguished
- 10.02.2016Most of police posts removed in Nardaran
- 10.02.201638-year old Azerbaijani shot in Moscow
- 10.02.2016Pretrial detention period extended for official of liquidated Azerbaijani National Security Ministry
- 09.02.2016Russia issues int’l arrest warrant for Azerbaijani businessman
- 09.02.2016Car fell into canal killing two foreigners
- 08.02.201643 killed, 147 injured in traffic accidents in Azerbaijan last month
- 08.02.2016Worker falls to death at construction site in Azerbaijan’s Sumgayit
- 08.02.2016Azerbaijani man murders company director in Russia
- 08.02.2016Azerbaijan detains foreigners attempting to illegally cross border
- 07.02.2016Syrian president Bashar al-Assad's mother dies
- 06.02.2016Police capture person torching cars in Baku
- 05.02.2016Investigation underway into case of Gunashli field accident – prosecutor general
- 05.02.2016Azerbaijan publicizes 2015 crime statistics
- 05.02.201666 people recognized as victims over case of Azerbaijani National Security Ministry
- 05.02.2016Taleh Baghirov, some 68 supporters arrested: Prosecutor General’s Office
- 05.02.2016Abandoned newborn found alive on roadside in Azerbaijan’s Sabirabad
- 05.02.2016Woman guilty of serial thefts in Azerbaijan extradited to Kazakhstan
- 04.02.2016Rasul Jafarov’s cassation appeal to be considered on Feb. 16
- 04.02.2016Man commits suicide by jumping off 3rd floor of hospital building in Azerbaijan
- 04.02.2016European court passes preliminary decision on Hilal Mammadov’s case
- 04.02.2016Building of liquidated MNS given to State Security Service
- 04.02.2016Baku city prosecutor’s office issues statement on suicide in prison
- 04.02.2016Lifer commits suicide in Azerbaijan
- 03.02.2016Deputy chairman of Azerbaijani diaspora organization in Istanbul commits suicide
- 02.02.2016Azerbaijani deputy could face 15 years in jail over bribery in Russia
- 31.01.2016Oil worker Sahib Shahmarov’s dead body found off Turkmen coast of the Caspian sea brought to Azerbaijan
- 30.01.2016Azerbaijan sends plane to bring oilman body found off Turkmen cost
- 30.01.2016Three Azerbaijanis beheaded in Turkey
- 30.01.2016Traffic accident kills five in Azerbaijan’s Aghdash - UPDATED
- 30.01.2016Body of another missing oil worker found in Caspian Sea
- 30.01.2016Six killed in Azerbaijan traffic accidents in one day