Court passes judgment on Nida members
The court passed a judgment on the defendants at the hearing presided by judge Javid Huseynov.
Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov were sentenced to 8-year imprisonment, Rashad Hasanov to 7 years 6 months, Bakhtiyar Guliyev to 7 years, Mammad Azizov to 7 years 6 months, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years in prison.
Prosecutor demanded to sentence Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov to 8 years 6 months in prison, Rashad Hasanov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev and Mammad Azizov to 8 years, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years 6 months and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years 6 months at the hearing presided over by judge Javid Huseynov.
Nida members went on a hunger strike as a protest against the public prosecutor’s speech.
Seven members of “Nida” Civic Movement were arrested. As a result of the National Security Ministry and Prosecutor General’s Office, the house of student of the vocational school Guliyev Bakhtiyar Samandar was searched. 19 petrol bombs, 255,40g hashish and 15,48g dried marihuana were found there. The house of student of Odlar Yurdu University Novruzlu Shahin Ibrahim was also searched. 3 petrol bombs,
Criminal case has been launched on articles 234.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping or selling drugs) and 228.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping, carrying weapons, explosives) of the Criminal Code and Mammad Azizov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev, Shahin Novruzlu, Rashadat Akhundov, Uzeyir Mammadli, Rashad Hasanov and Zaur Gurbanli and member of Free Youth Organization Ilkin Rustamzadeh were arrested.
During the investigation, they faced extra charge under Criminal Code’s article 220.1 (the organization of a mass disorders accompanied with violence, breaking, arsons, destruction of property, application of fire-arms, explosives, and also rendering of armed resistance to representative of authority, or participation in such disorders).
Related news releases
- 08.10.2015Car hits mother of Vahan Martirosyan, who earlier asked Azerbaijan for asylum
- 08.10.2015Azerbaijani diaspora leaders in Ukraine believed to have been killed by Armenians
- 08.10.2015Azerbaijani human rights defender says mistake not to inform Jagland of work done
- 08.10.2015Ban on entry into Baku does not apply to IDP cars
- 07.10.2015Court arrests Nursists detained in Azerbaijan
- 07.10.2015Landslide occurs near Baku Int’l Bus Terminal
- 07.10.2015ICRC representatives visit Armenian imprisoned in Azerbaijan
- 07.10.2015Azerbaijani man arrested on suspicion of murdering own parents
- 06.10.2015Explosion occurs in private house in Jalilabad, injuries reported - PHOTOSESSION
- 06.10.2015Illegal arms sellers arrested in Azerbaijan
- 06.10.2015Azerbaijani man who murdered own son along with his daughter-in-law detained
- 06.10.2015Two detained for drug cultivation in Azerbaijan
- 06.10.2015Azerbaijanis accused of fighting in Syria stand trial
- 06.10.20152 die after car overturns in Baku
- 05.10.2015Riyad Aliyev, rector of Kiev branch of Tafakkur University, detained in Germany
- 05.10.2015ICRC representatives visit Armenian serviceman who surrendered to Azerbaijan
- 05.10.2015Man hangs himself, gets saved by daughter in time
- 05.10.20153 drown as car falls into reservoir in Azerbaijan
- 03.10.2015One of petrol station attackers in Tovuz was woman - UPDATED
- 03.10.2015Persons wanted by Russia over kidnapping and rape detained in Azerbaijan
- 03.10.2015Turkish company operating in Azerbaijan sues Ministry of Taxes
- 02.10.2015Life-term inmate dies in Azerbaijan
- 02.10.2015Official information released on grisly murder in Baku
- 02.10.2015Azerbaijani teacher dies in traffic accident in Turkey
- 02.10.2015Quake hits Azerbaijan
- 01.10.2015Prosecutor general: 7 persons dismissed, 3 expelled from prosecuting authorities in 2015
- 01.10.2015Some NGOs disrespect Azerbaijan’s laws, says prosecutor general
- 01.10.2015Prosecutor general: Investigation into murder of journalist Rasim Aliyev coming to end
- 01.10.2015Suicide rates on rise in Azerbaijan – prosecutor general
- 29.09.2015Azerbaijani citizen arrested on charges of fighting in Syria
- 29.09.2015Azerbaijanis accused of fighting in Syria stand trial
- 29.09.2015Earthquake jolts Azerbaijan
- 28.09.2015Embezzlement revealed in one more bank in Azerbaijan
- 28.09.2015Baku murder suspect flees to Iran
- 26.09.2015Baku woman, 32, throws herself off 9th floor
- 25.09.2015Another Azerbaijani pilgrim dies in Mecca
- 24.09.2015Azerbaijani pilgrim dies in Mecca
- 24.09.2015Car hits woman to death in Tovuz district
- 24.09.2015Armenian army fire at Gazakh district, civilian injured
- 24.09.2015Lankaran resident attempts to commit suicide