The court passed a judgment on the defendants at the hearing presided by judge Javid Huseynov.
Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov were sentenced to 8-year imprisonment, Rashad Hasanov to 7 years 6 months, Bakhtiyar Guliyev to 7 years, Mammad Azizov to 7 years 6 months, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years in prison.
Prosecutor demanded to sentence Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov to 8 years 6 months in prison, Rashad Hasanov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev and Mammad Azizov to 8 years, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years 6 months and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years 6 months at the hearing presided over by judge Javid Huseynov.
Nida members went on a hunger strike as a protest against the public prosecutor’s speech.
Seven members of “Nida” Civic Movement were arrested. As a result of the National Security Ministry and Prosecutor General’s Office, the house of student of the vocational school Guliyev Bakhtiyar Samandar was searched. 19 petrol bombs, 255,40g hashish and 15,48g dried marihuana were found there. The house of student of Odlar Yurdu University Novruzlu Shahin Ibrahim was also searched. 3 petrol bombs,
Criminal case has been launched on articles 234.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping or selling drugs) and 228.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping, carrying weapons, explosives) of the Criminal Code and Mammad Azizov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev, Shahin Novruzlu, Rashadat Akhundov, Uzeyir Mammadli, Rashad Hasanov and Zaur Gurbanli and member of Free Youth Organization Ilkin Rustamzadeh were arrested.
During the investigation, they faced extra charge under Criminal Code’s article 220.1 (the organization of a mass disorders accompanied with violence, breaking, arsons, destruction of property, application of fire-arms, explosives, and also rendering of armed resistance to representative of authority, or participation in such disorders).
- 19/12/2014 8th grade student commits suicide in Baku
- 17/12/2014 National Security Ministry conducts operation to prevent illegal weapon acquisition and drug smuggling from Iran
- 17/12/2014 Rauf Arifoglu sues Azadlig newspaper
- 17/12/2014 Judgment passed on Azerbaijani citizen who fought in Syria
- 16/12/2014 Court rejects NIDA members’ appeal
- 16/12/2014 Court issues judgment on persons convicted of murdering German citizen Vusal Schilder in Azerbaijan
- 16/12/2014 Madat Guliyev: 60-65 percent of prisoners commit crimes again after being released
- 16/12/2014 Five killed in house fire in Azerbaijan - PHOTOSESSION
- 15/12/2014 Investigation of Intigam Aliyev’s criminal case completed
- 15/12/2014 Azerbaijan National Security Ministry prevents smuggling of 35 kg drugs from Iran
- 15/12/2014 Terter resident died after hitting mine
- 15/12/2014 Intigam Aliyev faces extra charge
- 12/12/2014 Tural Mustafayev, mentioned over journalist Khadija Ismayilova’s arrest, appeals to Azerbaijani Prosecutor General
- 12/12/2014 Armenian family held in Azerbaijan handed over to their country - UPDATED
- 12/12/2014 Penitentiary Service Chief: We will try to move correctional facilities from the center of Baku
- 12/12/2014 Madat Guliyev: All reports about Leyla Yunus are false
- 12/12/2014 1023 died in traffic accidents in Azerbaijan this year
- 12/12/2014 Quake hits Kalbajar being under occupation of Armenia
- 12/12/2014 Director of the Azerbaijan National Agency for Mine Action dies
- 11/12/2014 Leyla Yunus again refuses medical examination
- 11/12/2014 Court rejects Khadija Ismayilova’s appeal
- 11/12/2014 290 died in traffic accidents in Baku this year
- 11/12/2014 Four members of family suffer from carbon monoxide poisoning in Azerbaijan
- 11/12/2014 Huge explosion hits house in Lankaran, 5 seriously injured
- 11/12/2014 Drug smuggling from Iran to Azerbaijan prevented
- 10/12/2014 Car collides with truck in Baku, 3 dead
- 10/12/2014 Court rejects Anar Mammadov’s and others’ appeals
- 10/12/2014 Large sum of money fraudulently withdrawn from credit card of Kuwaiti ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09/12/2014 Prosecutor General’s Office: Criminal case on AIU officials’ illegal actions sent to court
- 09/12/2014 Drug smuggling from Iran to Azerbaijan prevented
- 08/12/2014 Human rights defenders meet with interior minister, first deputy prosecutor general
- 08/12/2014 Investigation reveals Leyla Yunus has refused medical service - Ombudsman’s Office
- 08/12/2014 Drug trafficking routes through Azerbaijani territory revealed
- 08/12/2014 Interior Ministry releases information on assault on Mountain Jews Community head’s house
- 08/12/2014 Bazaar burnt in Masalli - PHOTO
- 05/12/2014 Car falls into Kur River, teacher drowned, 3rd grade student rescued
- 04/12/2014 Penitentiary Service: Leyla Yunus was reprimanded for gross violation of rules and unethical behavior toward doctors
- 03/12/2014 Ammunition found among household wastes in Baku plant
- 03/12/2014 Landslide hits southern region of Azerbaijan - PHOTO
- 03/12/2014 Bank building fire extinguished in Baku - UPDATED