Court passes judgment on Nida members
The court passed a judgment on the defendants at the hearing presided by judge Javid Huseynov.
Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov were sentenced to 8-year imprisonment, Rashad Hasanov to 7 years 6 months, Bakhtiyar Guliyev to 7 years, Mammad Azizov to 7 years 6 months, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years in prison.
Prosecutor demanded to sentence Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov to 8 years 6 months in prison, Rashad Hasanov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev and Mammad Azizov to 8 years, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years 6 months and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years 6 months at the hearing presided over by judge Javid Huseynov.
Nida members went on a hunger strike as a protest against the public prosecutor’s speech.
Seven members of “Nida” Civic Movement were arrested. As a result of the National Security Ministry and Prosecutor General’s Office, the house of student of the vocational school Guliyev Bakhtiyar Samandar was searched. 19 petrol bombs, 255,40g hashish and 15,48g dried marihuana were found there. The house of student of Odlar Yurdu University Novruzlu Shahin Ibrahim was also searched. 3 petrol bombs,
Criminal case has been launched on articles 234.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping or selling drugs) and 228.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping, carrying weapons, explosives) of the Criminal Code and Mammad Azizov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev, Shahin Novruzlu, Rashadat Akhundov, Uzeyir Mammadli, Rashad Hasanov and Zaur Gurbanli and member of Free Youth Organization Ilkin Rustamzadeh were arrested.
During the investigation, they faced extra charge under Criminal Code’s article 220.1 (the organization of a mass disorders accompanied with violence, breaking, arsons, destruction of property, application of fire-arms, explosives, and also rendering of armed resistance to representative of authority, or participation in such disorders).
Related news releases
- 05.05.2016Criminal case initiated over incident in Azerbaijan's Ganja
- 05.05.2016Grenade blast leaves two dead, three injured in Azerbaijan’s Ganja - UPDATED
- 03.05.2016Civilian wounded in Armenian shelling taken to Baku
- 02.05.2016Man arrested over swindling citizens in gun sale
- 01.05.2016Worker dies after falling ill at World Cup stadium site
- 28.04.20163,000 gangs neutralized in Azerbaijan over last 12 years
- 28.04.2016Date of hearing on appeals of Ilgar Mammadov and Tofig Yagublu revealed - UPDATED
- 27.04.2016ICRC representatives visit Armenian scout imprisoned in Azerbaijan
- 26.04.2016Five religious extremists detained in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2016SOCAR locksmith dies in accident
- 22.04.2016Azerbaijan detains 3 criminal groups for attempting to organize illegal migration
- 22.04.2016Vahan Martirosyan sent to third country with his family after fleeing to Azerbaijan
- 22.04.2016Exploding stars rain radioactive metal on Earth
- 20.04.2016Two journalists detained in Azerbaijan on fraud charges
- 20.04.2016Body found off Turkmen coast believed to be missing Azerbaijani oilman
- 19.04.2016Quake hits Caspian Sea
- 16.04.2016Taxi driver, who beat employee of Azerbaijani Embassy in Moscow, detained
- 16.04.2016Embassy: No Azerbaijani citizen in quake-hit Kumamoto Prefecture
- 14.04.2016ANAMA disarms UXOs in frontal villages
- 14.04.2016Main sponsor of Karabakh separatists jailed for four years
- 13.04.2016Azerbaijan detains French citizen for attempting to illegally cross from Georgia
- 12.04.2016Azerbaijan detains 38 for illegal cross-border attempts in March
- 09.04.2016Martyred Azerbaijani soldiers laid to rest
- 04.04.2016Information received about bomb installation in the “28 Mall”, no bomb found - UPDATED
- 03.04.2016Azerbaijani woman killed in Somalia bus attack buried
- 03.04.2016An earthquake hits Ujar region of Azerbaijan
- 01.04.2016Azerbaijan initiates administrative proceedings against 70 judges
- 01.04.2016Court passes verdict against those guilty of Azerbaijani journalist’s death
- 31.03.2016One of IS militants behind Dagestan explosion turns out to be Azerbaijani
- 30.03.2016Famous Azerbaijani singer loses $200,000 in bankrupt bank
- 28.03.2016Intigam Aliyev released
- 28.03.2016Azerbaijani Supreme Court orders release of Intigam Aliyev - UPDATED
- 26.03.2016Interior Ministry reacts to incident in Lankaran
- 26.03.2016Belarusian citizen detained after attempting to enter Baku Metro through ventilation system
- 26.03.2016Female inmate commits suicide in Azerbaijan
- 25.03.201615 died in traffic accidents in Azerbaijan during holidays
- 23.03.2016Car hits three pedestrians to death in Lankaran
- 23.03.2016Russia issues int’l arrest warrant for Baku-born Armenian man
- 23.03.2016Russia issues int’l arrest warrant for Azerbaijani man
- 23.03.2016Dutch consulate in Istanbul closed due to 'possible terror' threat