The court passed a judgment on the defendants at the hearing presided by judge Javid Huseynov.
Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov were sentenced to 8-year imprisonment, Rashad Hasanov to 7 years 6 months, Bakhtiyar Guliyev to 7 years, Mammad Azizov to 7 years 6 months, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years in prison.
Prosecutor demanded to sentence Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov to 8 years 6 months in prison, Rashad Hasanov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev and Mammad Azizov to 8 years, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years 6 months and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years 6 months at the hearing presided over by judge Javid Huseynov.
Nida members went on a hunger strike as a protest against the public prosecutor’s speech.
Seven members of “Nida” Civic Movement were arrested. As a result of the National Security Ministry and Prosecutor General’s Office, the house of student of the vocational school Guliyev Bakhtiyar Samandar was searched. 19 petrol bombs, 255,40g hashish and 15,48g dried marihuana were found there. The house of student of Odlar Yurdu University Novruzlu Shahin Ibrahim was also searched. 3 petrol bombs,
Criminal case has been launched on articles 234.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping or selling drugs) and 228.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping, carrying weapons, explosives) of the Criminal Code and Mammad Azizov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev, Shahin Novruzlu, Rashadat Akhundov, Uzeyir Mammadli, Rashad Hasanov and Zaur Gurbanli and member of Free Youth Organization Ilkin Rustamzadeh were arrested.
During the investigation, they faced extra charge under Criminal Code’s article 220.1 (the organization of a mass disorders accompanied with violence, breaking, arsons, destruction of property, application of fire-arms, explosives, and also rendering of armed resistance to representative of authority, or participation in such disorders).
- 20/10/2014 Azerbaijan declares British businessman internationally wanted
- 18/10/2014 Azerbaijan ends execution of pardon order - PHOTOSESSION
- 18/10/2014 Azerbaijan begins execution of pardon order
- 17/10/2014 Kurdish fighters execute young Azerbaijani IS member in Kobane
- 17/10/2014 Gazakh resident hits mine
- 17/10/2014 Female driver died, including a journalist three injured in a fatal traffic accident in Baku - PHOTOSESSION - UPDATED
- 16/10/2014 Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Lerik
- 16/10/2014 Human rights activist Rasul Jafarov appeals to President Ilham Aliyev for pardon
- 15/10/2014 Azerbaijan's Minister of Justice: "The fight against corruption is a priority for the Azerbaijani government" - PHOTOSESSION
- 15/10/2014 5.5-magnitude quake hits western Iran
- 15/10/2014 NIDA member appeal to President Ilham Aliyev for pardon
- 14/10/2014 Azerbaijan publicizes statistics of emergency situations for first half of 2014
- 13/10/2014 IS detainee in Azerbaijan: We were paid $150 per month
- 13/10/2014 Prosecutor General’s Office: Travel ban on Khadija Ismayilova associated with investigation of criminal case
- 13/10/2014 Two ships of Russia’s Caspian Flotilla to visit Azerbaijan
- 10/10/2014 Azerbaijan repatriates Armenian saboteur’s body
- 10/10/2014 Masked men blow up ATM in Baku and steal money
- 08/10/2014 Ombudsman representatives meet with Leyla Yunus, Ilgar mammadov, Intigam Aliyev, Anar Mammadli and others
- 08/10/2014 Several injured as blast hit shop in Azerbaijan
- 08/10/2014 ICRC representatives visit Azerbaijani citizens taken hostage by Armenians in Kalbajar
- 07/10/2014 8 died in Azerbaijan traffic accidents during holidays
- 02/10/2014 Body of Hasan Hasanov killed by Armenians in Kalbajar handed over to Azerbaijan
- 01/10/2014 Prosecutor General: Reports on pressure against Leyla Yunus fictitious
- 01/10/2014 Man who committed mass murder in Azerbaijan arrested - UPDATED
- 30/09/2014 4 killed in a fatal traffic accident in Sabunchu district - PHOTO
- 26/09/2014 2 died, 1 injured in fatal traffic accident in Baku - PHOTOSESSION
- 21/09/2014 24 die in Pakistan floods, raising death toll to 346
- 18/09/2014 Ebola death toll hits 2,600 — WHO
- 09/09/2014 Ebola death toll reaches 2,288, says World Health Organization
- 09/09/2014 Interior Ministry issues statement on residential building explosion in Khirdalan
- 09/09/2014 Azerbaijan prevents attempt to put into circulation large numbers of counterfeit U.S. dollars
- 09/09/2014 Part of building in Khirdalan where explosion occurred being vacated
- 09/09/2014 Quake hits Caspian Sea
- 08/09/2014 Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations makes public causes of explosion in Khirdalan
- 08/09/2014 MES: Number of those pulled from rubble of explosion in Khirdalan reached 11
- 08/09/2014 One of 5 injured taken to Clinical Medical Center in critical condition
- 08/09/2014 MES: So far 9 rescued from rubble of residential building explosion in Khirdalan
- 08/09/2014 Minister of Emergency Situations Kemaleddin Heydarov visits explosion site in Khirdalan
- 08/09/2014 MES: Works underway to rescue 3 more persons from rubble of explosion
- 08/09/2014 Health Ministry: 8 injured in residential building explosion in Khirdalan hospitalized