The court passed a judgment on the defendants at the hearing presided by judge Javid Huseynov.
Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov were sentenced to 8-year imprisonment, Rashad Hasanov to 7 years 6 months, Bakhtiyar Guliyev to 7 years, Mammad Azizov to 7 years 6 months, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years in prison.
Prosecutor demanded to sentence Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov to 8 years 6 months in prison, Rashad Hasanov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev and Mammad Azizov to 8 years, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years 6 months and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years 6 months at the hearing presided over by judge Javid Huseynov.
Nida members went on a hunger strike as a protest against the public prosecutor’s speech.
Seven members of “Nida” Civic Movement were arrested. As a result of the National Security Ministry and Prosecutor General’s Office, the house of student of the vocational school Guliyev Bakhtiyar Samandar was searched. 19 petrol bombs, 255,40g hashish and 15,48g dried marihuana were found there. The house of student of Odlar Yurdu University Novruzlu Shahin Ibrahim was also searched. 3 petrol bombs,
Criminal case has been launched on articles 234.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping or selling drugs) and 228.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping, carrying weapons, explosives) of the Criminal Code and Mammad Azizov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev, Shahin Novruzlu, Rashadat Akhundov, Uzeyir Mammadli, Rashad Hasanov and Zaur Gurbanli and member of Free Youth Organization Ilkin Rustamzadeh were arrested.
During the investigation, they faced extra charge under Criminal Code’s article 220.1 (the organization of a mass disorders accompanied with violence, breaking, arsons, destruction of property, application of fire-arms, explosives, and also rendering of armed resistance to representative of authority, or participation in such disorders).
- 30/10/2014 Court rejects Arif Yunus’s petition
- 30/10/2014 Court announces judgment on Eldeniz Guliyev
- 29/10/2014 Court rejects Intigam Aliyev’s appeal
- 28/10/2014 Landslide hits Lankaran-Lerik road again - PHOTOSESSION
- 25/10/2014 Chingiz Asgarov: Correspondence between Intigam Aliyev and European Court are not important for investigation
- 25/10/2014 Number of victims of offshore platform accident in Azerbaijan publicized
- 24/10/2014 Ombudsman receives CoE Commissioner for Human Rights
- 24/10/2014 Supreme Court Chairman: If there is any deficiency, it should be defined and eliminated
- 24/10/2014 Prison terms of Leyla Yunus and Intigam Aliyev extended
- 24/10/2014 Solar eclipse expected tonight
- 24/10/2014 Man arrested for embezzling large properties of quake-affected people in Azerbaijan
- 24/10/2014 Criminal case launched on offshore platform accident in Azerbaijan
- 24/10/2014 Chairman of Supreme Court: Over last 12 years, European Court recorded 85 violations concerning Azerbaijan
- 23/10/2014 SOCAR: Divers find dead bodies of 3 workers fallen into sea during offshore platform accident - UPDATED
- 23/10/2014 SOCAR issues statement on offshore platform accident - UPDATED-1
- 23/10/2014 Mubariz Gurbanli: Azerbaijan has the least number of citizens joining IS
- 23/10/2014 Body of Azerbaijani climber Murad Ashurlu died in Himalayas found
- 23/10/2014 Beheaded female student killed by her sister in Baku
- 23/10/2014 Quake hits Azerbaijan
- 22/10/2014 Azerbaijan Federation of Mountaineering: It is not known yet under which circumstances climber Murad Ashurlu died in the Himalayas
- 21/10/2014 Court rejects appeal of Indian citizens arrested in Azerbaijan over ATM robbery
- 21/10/2014 Ukraine detains group members sending Azerbaijani citizens abroad for organ transplant
- 21/10/2014 Russian citizen who killed Aghdash resident detained in Baku while trying to flee Azerbaijan
- 20/10/2014 Azerbaijan declares British businessman internationally wanted
- 18/10/2014 Azerbaijan ends execution of pardon order - PHOTOSESSION
- 18/10/2014 Azerbaijan begins execution of pardon order
- 17/10/2014 Kurdish fighters execute young Azerbaijani IS member in Kobane
- 17/10/2014 Gazakh resident hits mine
- 17/10/2014 Female driver died, including a journalist three injured in a fatal traffic accident in Baku - PHOTOSESSION - UPDATED
- 16/10/2014 Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Lerik
- 16/10/2014 Human rights activist Rasul Jafarov appeals to President Ilham Aliyev for pardon
- 15/10/2014 Azerbaijan's Minister of Justice: "The fight against corruption is a priority for the Azerbaijani government" - PHOTOSESSION
- 15/10/2014 5.5-magnitude quake hits western Iran
- 15/10/2014 NIDA member appeal to President Ilham Aliyev for pardon
- 14/10/2014 Azerbaijan publicizes statistics of emergency situations for first half of 2014
- 13/10/2014 IS detainee in Azerbaijan: We were paid $150 per month
- 13/10/2014 Prosecutor General’s Office: Travel ban on Khadija Ismayilova associated with investigation of criminal case
- 13/10/2014 Two ships of Russia’s Caspian Flotilla to visit Azerbaijan
- 10/10/2014 Azerbaijan repatriates Armenian saboteur’s body
- 10/10/2014 Masked men blow up ATM in Baku and steal money