APA reports that the Central Election Commission has passed a decision in this regard at today’s meeting.
Firstly, CEC secretary Arifa Mukhtarova gave information about Ilgar Eldar Mammadov. Following this, head of CEC Working Group Ilham Mammadov said that Ilgar Mammadov had submitted 41 247 signatures and 4 982 out of them were turned out to be invalid.
CEC didn’t register Ilgar Mammadov as a presidential candidate through open voting.
Then CEC member Akif Gurbanov wanted the explanation for Mammadov’s non-registration.
CEC chairman Mazahir Panahov said that representatives of the U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan also took part in the checking process of the signatures, along with the representatives of international organization: “In general, all our steps are clear.”
Gurbanov left the meeting basing on that his question hadn’t been answered.
Press service of the US Embassy in Azerbaijan told APA that the Embassy did not play any role in this process: “The reports that the representative of the US Embassy took part in the counting of the signatures are groundless”.
- 27/08/2015 Mehriban Aliyeva: "Thank you for your love and trust"
- 26/08/2015 Ali Ahmadov, US ambassador discuss preparations for parliamentary elections
- 26/08/2015 Official website of Azerbaijan’s First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva redesigned - PHOTO
- 26/08/2015 Azerbaijan’s First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva marks her birthday
- 25/08/2015 Tariff Council approves the price of 801 medicines
- 23/08/2015 22 years passed since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli and Jabrayil regions by Armenian armed forces
- 21/08/2015 Azerbaijani police to prevent attempts of unauthorized events during election period – deputy interior minister
- 21/08/2015 Upcoming parliamentary elections in Azerbaijan must be model for other countries, says first vice-speaker
- 21/08/2015 Parliamentary committee chairman: Court verdict concerning Leyla and Arif Yunus ‘quite humane’
- 18/08/2015 Karabakh Liberation Organization holds protest outside Georgian Embassy in Azerbaijan
- 13/08/2015 Tahir Budagov appointed chairman of State Statistics Committee
- 13/08/2015 Ali Ahmadov meets with British ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 13/08/2015 CEC holds seminar on political parties’ presenting their annual financial statement
- 13/08/2015 Azerbaijan names parties withholding financial report
- 13/08/2015 Ukraine and rebels trade blame for violating ceasefire
- 12/08/2015 Azerbaijani President: "Despite the sharp decline in oil prices, we haven't cut any social project"
- 11/08/2015 Azerbaijani President visits several facilities in Jalilabad - UPDATED
- 11/08/2015 President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Heydar Aliyev Center in Jalilabad - UPDATED
- 11/08/2015 President Ilham Aliyev visits Jalilabad district
- 11/08/2015 Ali Hasanov: Jagland’s such statement won’t be needed after he familiarizes with work done by Azerbaijani government
- 10/08/2015 Azerbaijani President takes investigation of journalist’s death under personal supervision
- 10/08/2015 Date for Azerbaijani Parliament’s last session in 4th convocation made public
- 03/08/2015 We want Iran cooperation, not meddling, Gulf Arabs tell Kerry
- 01/08/2015 Mirmahmud Miralioglu, re-elected as chairman of CPFP, won’t run as candidate in next congress
- 29/07/2015 SBS comments on reports of Russian border guards’ illegal crossing into Azerbaijani territory
- 24/07/2015 Court rejects Musavat Party lawsuit against Baku mayor’s office
- 24/07/2015 TURKPA Secretary General addresses OSCE Permanent Council
- 17/07/2015 Azerbaijani President issues order on restoration of religious historical and cultural monuments
- 16/07/2015 Azerbaijan’s ruling party prepares initial list of parliamentary candidates
- 15/07/2015 Iranian ambassador says hopes West will boost anti-terror efforts after Vienna agreement
- 14/07/2015 Azerbaijani defense minister gives special instruction to army
- 14/07/2015 President criticized AZAL: Why airline tickets in comparison with other countries, have to be expensive?
- 13/07/2015 Iran court holds third hearing in espionage trial of U.S. journalist
- 13/07/2015 Necessary to accelerate visa issuance process and lower prices of air tickets and hotels, says Azerbaijani president
- 13/07/2015 Europe in deep economic and moral crisis, says Azerbaijani president
- 13/07/2015 Azerbaijani president chairs Cabinet of Ministers meeting
- 12/07/2015 Azerbaijani President: "Azerbaijan has a bright future and no power can affect our successes"
- 09/07/2015 Azerbaijan likely to cancel state registration of 12 political parties
- 08/07/2015 APFP deputy chairman resigns
- 08/07/2015 Afghan delegation meeting Taliban in Pakistan