Azerbaijani CEC refuses to register Ilgar Mammadov as presidential candidate - UPDATED
APA reports that the Central Election Commission has passed a decision in this regard at today’s meeting.
Firstly, CEC secretary Arifa Mukhtarova gave information about Ilgar Eldar Mammadov. Following this, head of CEC Working Group Ilham Mammadov said that Ilgar Mammadov had submitted 41 247 signatures and 4 982 out of them were turned out to be invalid.
CEC didn’t register Ilgar Mammadov as a presidential candidate through open voting.
Then CEC member Akif Gurbanov wanted the explanation for Mammadov’s non-registration.
CEC chairman Mazahir Panahov said that representatives of the U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan also took part in the checking process of the signatures, along with the representatives of international organization: “In general, all our steps are clear.”
Gurbanov left the meeting basing on that his question hadn’t been answered.
Press service of the US Embassy in Azerbaijan told APA that the Embassy did not play any role in this process: “The reports that the representative of the US Embassy took part in the counting of the signatures are groundless”.
Related news releases
- 06.10.2015President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Ujar district
- 06.10.2015Azerbaijani parliament’s plenary session starts
- 01.10.2015Hurricane Joaquin gains force near Bahamas, heads toward US
- 30.09.2015President empowered to restore and renounce Azerbaijani citizenship
- 30.09.2015Azerbaijani Parliament adopts action plan of autumn session
- 30.09.2015Sariyya Seyidova re-appointed judge of Baku Court of Appeal
- 30.09.2015Last session of Azerbaijani parliament’s fourth convocation kicks off
- 29.09.2015Mogherini calls meeting with Lavrov on sidelines of UN General Assembly 'good, useful'
- 28.09.2015Taliban fighters seize Kunduz city in Afghanistan
- 26.09.2015Number of registered MPs reaches 217
- 22.09.2015President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on occasion of Eid al-Adha
- 22.09.2015Arif Gasimov appointed head of Nizami District Executive Authority
- 22.09.2015Azerbaijani diplomats may be stripped of their ranks for any action incompatible with diplomatic service
- 21.09.2015Vali Abdullayev appointed chairman of Ganja Kepez district court
- 21.09.2015New chairmen of Baku and Shaki courts of appeal appointed
- 21.09.2015Agenda of first meeting of Azerbaijani Parliament’s autumn session announced
- 19.09.2015CEC registers more 11 candidates for parliamentary elections
- 19.09.2015Azerbaijan’s 2016 budget package submitted to Parliament
- 18.09.2015Azerbaijani delegation refuses to attend OSCE PA session
- 18.09.2015President Ilham Aliyev: Does fascism emerge in Europe again?!
- 18.09.2015People will vote to join Azerbaijan if referendum is held in Nagorno-Karabakh, says Armenian NGO leader
- 18.09.2015Martirosyan: If borders are opened, influx of refugees from Armenia to Azerbaijan will be like the one to Europe
- 18.09.2015Armenian army incapable of figthing against any other army, says Armenian NGO leader
- 18.09.2015Armenian NGO leader says he wants draw attention of international community, Armenian diaspora to Sargsyan’s criminal regime - PHOTO - UPDATED
- 18.09.2015Masked assailants beat 86-year-old woman to death in Azerbaijan
- 18.09.2015Azerbaijani president: Armenia faces mass emigration, people unable to stand such conditions any more
- 18.09.2015President: Public control in Azerbaijan must become even stronger
- 17.09.2015President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Kurdamir district
- 17.09.2015Hungarian riot police fire tear gas at migrants
- 16.09.2015Azerbaijani deputy PM explains unwillingness of opposition’s aggressive part to participate in elections
- 16.09.2015Ali Ahmadov: Announcement of YAP candidates on Sept 15 preplanned
- 16.09.2015CEC registers authorized representatives of one party and one bloc of political parties
- 15.09.201513 current YAP MPs not re-nominated
- 14.09.2015Azerbaijani Parliament passes decision on European Parliament's resolution
- 14.09.2015Azerbaijani parliament slams European Parliament over recent resolution
- 14.09.2015Martin Schulz, mired in corruption, has no right to point out flaws with regard to Azerbaijan, says parliamentary vice-speaker
- 14.09.2015Azerbaijani Parliament starts extraordinary session
- 12.09.2015Obama: House vote shows support for Iran deal is growing
- 11.09.2015Germany puts soldiers on call to help migrants
- 11.09.2015Parliamentary committee chairman: Calls to impose sanctions on Azerbaijani officials – ridiculous