Azerbaijani CEC refuses to register Ilgar Mammadov as presidential candidate - UPDATED
APA reports that the Central Election Commission has passed a decision in this regard at today’s meeting.
Firstly, CEC secretary Arifa Mukhtarova gave information about Ilgar Eldar Mammadov. Following this, head of CEC Working Group Ilham Mammadov said that Ilgar Mammadov had submitted 41 247 signatures and 4 982 out of them were turned out to be invalid.
CEC didn’t register Ilgar Mammadov as a presidential candidate through open voting.
Then CEC member Akif Gurbanov wanted the explanation for Mammadov’s non-registration.
CEC chairman Mazahir Panahov said that representatives of the U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan also took part in the checking process of the signatures, along with the representatives of international organization: “In general, all our steps are clear.”
Gurbanov left the meeting basing on that his question hadn’t been answered.
Press service of the US Embassy in Azerbaijan told APA that the Embassy did not play any role in this process: “The reports that the representative of the US Embassy took part in the counting of the signatures are groundless”.
Related news releases
- 04.05.2016Turkish strikes in Syria kill 13 Daesh terrorists
- 30.04.2016US Department of State calls Azerbaijan and Armenia to return to the process of peaceful settlement
- 30.04.2016Azerbaijani President: "2016 is the year of deep economic reforms"
- 29.04.2016Date and agenda of Azerbaijani parliament’s next meeting announced
- 29.04.2016Azerbaijani parliament condemns Armenian provocations
- 29.04.2016Azerbaijani president arrives in Aghsu district
- 29.04.2016Azerbaijan to approve ethics conduct rules for MPs
- 29.04.2016Foreign journalists visit Azerbaijani civilians injured in Armenian shelling
- 28.04.2016Armenian artillery fire destroys 30 houses in Azerbaijan's Aghdam
- 27.04.2016Azerbaijani president approves Open Government Initiative National Action Plan for 2016-2018
- 27.04.2016Azerbaijan replaces judges of a number of courts of first instance - LIST
- 26.04.2016All freedoms secured in Azerbaijan – President Aliyev
- 23.04.2016Efforts underway to extinguish fire on Russian tanker in Caspian, one person missing - UPDATED
- 22.04.2016US Dept of State corrects John Kirby’s comment on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 20.04.2016Members appointed to Council of State Support to NGOs under President of Azerbaijan
- 20.04.2016Azerbaijan changing rules of detention of citizens by police
- 19.04.2016FIFA chief sees no problems in holding 2022 World Cup in Qatar in winter
- 19.04.2016Azerbaijani parliamentary speaker: April events disproved hopes for fragile ceasefire
- 18.04.2016Armenian president on a visit to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 18.04.2016New head of Jabrayil district executive authority appointed
- 16.04.2016Appeal made to world scientific community over 1914-1920 Genocide of Turkic-Muslim population of Azerbaijan and Eastern Anatolia
- 15.04.2016Mazahir Panahov reelected Azerbaijani CEC chairman
- 15.04.2016Azerbaijan’s parliament approves CEC’s new composition
- 15.04.2016Azerbaijani first lady attends Special Session on First Ladies’ Leadership on Cancer Control in OIC Member States
- 12.04.2016Head of State Historical and Architectural Reserve ‘Icherisheher’ administration dismissed
- 12.04.2016Candidates for new composition of Azerbaijani CEC named - LIST
- 11.04.2016State Housing Agency under the President of Azerbaijan established
- 11.04.2016Two state commissions dissolved in Azerbaijan
- 11.04.2016Azerbaijanis hold protest outside Armenian embassy in Brussels
- 11.04.2016OSCE PA discusses Karabakh conflict
- 10.04.2016Azerbaijani President: "Only 36 inspections held on the business objects for the first quarter of 2016"
- 10.04.2016Azerbaijani President: “We have no problems with any of the neighboring countries, except Armenia”
- 10.04.2016President Ilham Aliyev: “Social policy has always been and will be a priority”
- 10.04.2016Azerbaijani President: “2016 will be a year of deep economic reforms”
- 09.04.2016Azerbaijani CEC may renew its composition
- 09.04.2016President Aliyev: Armenian sabotage got deserved response from Azerbaijan
- 09.04.2016Azerbaijani president chairs meeting of Cabinet of Ministers
- 09.04.2016Azerbaijani PM meets Chairman of the government of the Russian Federation
- 07.04.2016Mass protest held outside Armenian embassy in Netherlands
- 07.04.2016Azerbaijani Defense Ministry’s medical department launches hotline call service