APA reports that the Central Election Commission has passed a decision in this regard at today’s meeting.
Firstly, CEC secretary Arifa Mukhtarova gave information about Ilgar Eldar Mammadov. Following this, head of CEC Working Group Ilham Mammadov said that Ilgar Mammadov had submitted 41 247 signatures and 4 982 out of them were turned out to be invalid.
CEC didn’t register Ilgar Mammadov as a presidential candidate through open voting.
Then CEC member Akif Gurbanov wanted the explanation for Mammadov’s non-registration.
CEC chairman Mazahir Panahov said that representatives of the U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan also took part in the checking process of the signatures, along with the representatives of international organization: “In general, all our steps are clear.”
Gurbanov left the meeting basing on that his question hadn’t been answered.
Press service of the US Embassy in Azerbaijan told APA that the Embassy did not play any role in this process: “The reports that the representative of the US Embassy took part in the counting of the signatures are groundless”.
- 28/05/2015 Azerbaijan celebrates the Republic Day
- 27/05/2015 Number of voters in Azerbaijan announced
- 27/05/2015 President Ilham Aliyev attends official reception on occasion of Republic Day
- 27/05/2015 Azerbaijan’s prestige on international arena is growing – Putin
- 27/05/2015 President Ilham Aliyev visits memorial in honor of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic - PHOTOSESSION
- 26/05/2015 National Council approves authorization by Baku mayor’s office to hold rally on May 30
- 25/05/2015 Baku mayor’s office authorizes National Council to hold rally on May 30
- 22/05/2015 More than $180 billion have been invested in the Azerbaijani economy over the past 11 years
- 22/05/2015 Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijani authorities regard civil society institutions as partners
- 22/05/2015 President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Boyukshor boulevard and park
- 20/05/2015 President Ilham Aliyev: Those businessmen have robbed state property and stolen state funds
- 20/05/2015 President Ilham Aliyev holds first meeting of State Commission for investigation of causes of Baku residential building fire - PHOTOSESSION
- 20/05/2015 President Ilham Aliyev arrives at scene of multi-storey building fire in Baku
- 19/05/2015 Azerbaijani President signs an order to establish State Commission for investigating causes of multi-storey building fire in Baku
- 19/05/2015 Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijani president instructs to investigate fire and punish culprits
- 18/05/2015 Last meeting of Azerbaijani Parliament’s spring session to be held on May 29
- 16/05/2015 New Azerbaijani Party’s Youth Union holds 4th conference
- 16/05/2015 Azerbaijani MPs to attend meeting of PACE subcommittee
- 16/05/2015 Ali Hasanov: Some US, European circles, int’l organizations under their influence seek to destabilize Azerbaijan
- 16/05/2015 Azerbaijani presidents appoints new head of State Flag Square Complex Department
- 15/05/2015 Baku mayor’s office authorizes National Council to hold rally on May 23
- 15/05/2015 Ali Hasanov: Party leaders asked to convey to president their proposals on pardoning several inmates
- 15/05/2015 Ali Hasanov: Government-opposition meeting’s agenda set based on parties’ proposals
- 15/05/2015 Azerbaijani Parliament discusses stir over arrest of several businessmen
- 15/05/2015 Azerbaijani president’s assistant comments on detention of a group of businessmen
- 15/05/2015 Azerbaijani Parliament’s next meeting starts
- 15/05/2015 Baku-2015 European Games main topic of discussion at government-opposition meeting
- 15/05/2015 Next government-opposition meeting starts in Baku
- 14/05/2015 55 members of Musavat Party’s Khatai district organization resign
- 14/05/2015 Gunmen storm guest house in upmarket area of Afghan capital
- 13/05/2015 Vice-speaker of parliament: One cannot speak to Azerbaijan with language of pressure
- 13/05/2015 EU expects Azerbaijan’s proposals of strategic cooperation – ambassador
- 13/05/2015 Gubad Ibadoglu’s office raided
- 13/05/2015 National Council refuses to hold rally on May 16
- 12/05/2015 Baku Mayor’s Office authorizes National Council’s rally scheduled for May 16
- 12/05/2015 Azerbaijani national security minister meets with Nikolai Patrushev
- 12/05/2015 Date of next government-opposition meeting announced
- 12/05/2015 Azerbaijani President: "To affect our policy is impossible"
- 12/05/2015 Azerbaijani President: “Heydar Aliyev’s strategic decisions determined the direction of the strategic development of our country”
- 11/05/2015 June 12 – opening day of first European Games proposed to declare non-working day in Azerbaijan