APA reports that the Central Election Commission has passed a decision in this regard at today’s meeting.
Firstly, CEC secretary Arifa Mukhtarova gave information about Ilgar Eldar Mammadov. Following this, head of CEC Working Group Ilham Mammadov said that Ilgar Mammadov had submitted 41 247 signatures and 4 982 out of them were turned out to be invalid.
CEC didn’t register Ilgar Mammadov as a presidential candidate through open voting.
Then CEC member Akif Gurbanov wanted the explanation for Mammadov’s non-registration.
CEC chairman Mazahir Panahov said that representatives of the U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan also took part in the checking process of the signatures, along with the representatives of international organization: “In general, all our steps are clear.”
Gurbanov left the meeting basing on that his question hadn’t been answered.
Press service of the US Embassy in Azerbaijan told APA that the Embassy did not play any role in this process: “The reports that the representative of the US Embassy took part in the counting of the signatures are groundless”.
- 25/04/2015 President Ilham Aliyev ended his working visit to Turkey - PHOTOSESSION
- 24/04/2015 A group of human rights defenders appeal to Azerbaijani President for pardoning Tofig Yagublu and other inmates - UPDATED
- 24/04/2015 Killing of U.S. al Qaeda media frontman seen as big blow for militants
- 23/04/2015 Baku hosts conference titled “From ‘Armenian genocide of 1915’ to Khojaly tragedy: lies and tragedies of a hundred years”
- 22/04/2015 Intigam Aliyev sentenced to 7.6 years in prison
- 22/04/2015 Ziyafat Asgarov: Why some European NGOs and persons claiming to be human rights defenders keep silent about Khojaly?
- 16/04/2015 Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijan is not inferior to any country for state of democracy
- 15/04/2015 Azerbaijan changes date of final exam session at universities due to first European Games
- 15/04/2015 Azerbaijan to make amendment to law on freedom of assembly
- 14/04/2015 Azerbaijani MPs criticize Pope Francis
- 14/04/2015 Ogtay Asadov: Those speaking out against European Games worse than Armenian
- 12/04/2015 President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan’s financial situation is good enough"
- 11/04/2015 Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Lankaran - UPDATED
- 11/04/2015 President Ilham Aliyev visits Astara district
- 11/04/2015 Azerbaijani President congratulated Orthodox Christian Community of Azerbaijan
- 11/04/2015 President: “There will not be the Armenian population in Armenia, created on historical Azerbaijani lands”
- 10/04/2015 No Armenian toponym can be found in early 20th century’s Russian maps – President Aliyev
- 10/04/2015 President Ilham Aliyev: If we had not paid so much attention to non-oil sector, stagnation would be awaiting us
- 10/04/2015 President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s dynamic development not affected by sharp drop in oil prices
- 10/04/2015 Siyavush Novruzov: Rallies of parties, calling themselves opposition, will continue till European Games, because they were ordered in this way
- 09/04/2015 Elman Rustamov appointed Central Bank chairman
- 09/04/2015 Europe witnesses Kiev’s violation of Minsk agreements – Lavrov
- 08/04/2015 New composition of the Commission for the Award of Haydar Aliyev defined
- 08/04/2015 Michael Link: I support Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 07/04/2015 Azerbaijani Chamber of Accounts names state agencies with financial irregularities
- 07/04/2015 Syria talks kick off in Moscow but little progress expected
- 05/04/2015 President Ilham Aliyev met with King of Saudi Arabia Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
- 05/04/2015 President Ilham Aliyev arrived in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for an official visit
- 04/04/2015 Persons illegally obtaining information containing state secret to be sentenced to up to 5-year imprisonment in Azerbaijan
- 03/04/2015 Ogtay Asadov: If we grant refugee status to Armenians in Nagorno-Karabakh, all people in Armenia leave for Azerbaijan
- 03/04/2015 Azerbaijani Parliament starts plenary session
- 31/03/2015 March 31 - Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis
- 29/03/2015 Azerbaijani Parliament to hear 2014 report on fight against human trafficking on April 3
- 29/03/2015 Azerbaijan switches to daylight saving time tonight
- 20/03/2015 Azerbaijani President: "Some foreign circles are waging an open campaign against Azerbaijan"
- 19/03/2015 Azerbaijan has already ensured its energy security – President
- 19/03/2015 Azerbaijani President: Independence our biggest wealth, greatest value
- 19/03/2015 US State Department publicizes 2015 International Narcotics Control Strategy Report
- 18/03/2015 Azerbaijani President appoints Taleh Ziyadov as Director General of Baku International Sea Trade Port CJSC
- 18/03/2015 Firudin Nabiyev promoted to second-grade state migration service advisor