APA reports that the Central Election Commission has passed a decision in this regard at today’s meeting.
Firstly, CEC secretary Arifa Mukhtarova gave information about Ilgar Eldar Mammadov. Following this, head of CEC Working Group Ilham Mammadov said that Ilgar Mammadov had submitted 41 247 signatures and 4 982 out of them were turned out to be invalid.
CEC didn’t register Ilgar Mammadov as a presidential candidate through open voting.
Then CEC member Akif Gurbanov wanted the explanation for Mammadov’s non-registration.
CEC chairman Mazahir Panahov said that representatives of the U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan also took part in the checking process of the signatures, along with the representatives of international organization: “In general, all our steps are clear.”
Gurbanov left the meeting basing on that his question hadn’t been answered.
Press service of the US Embassy in Azerbaijan told APA that the Embassy did not play any role in this process: “The reports that the representative of the US Embassy took part in the counting of the signatures are groundless”.
- 03/08/2015 We want Iran cooperation, not meddling, Gulf Arabs tell Kerry
- 01/08/2015 Mirmahmud Miralioglu, re-elected as chairman of CPFP, won’t run as candidate in next congress
- 29/07/2015 SBS comments on reports of Russian border guards’ illegal crossing into Azerbaijani territory
- 24/07/2015 Court rejects Musavat Party lawsuit against Baku mayor’s office
- 24/07/2015 TURKPA Secretary General addresses OSCE Permanent Council
- 17/07/2015 Azerbaijani President issues order on restoration of religious historical and cultural monuments
- 16/07/2015 Azerbaijan’s ruling party prepares initial list of parliamentary candidates
- 15/07/2015 Iranian ambassador says hopes West will boost anti-terror efforts after Vienna agreement
- 14/07/2015 Azerbaijani defense minister gives special instruction to army
- 14/07/2015 President criticized AZAL: Why airline tickets in comparison with other countries, have to be expensive?
- 13/07/2015 Iran court holds third hearing in espionage trial of U.S. journalist
- 13/07/2015 Necessary to accelerate visa issuance process and lower prices of air tickets and hotels, says Azerbaijani president
- 13/07/2015 Europe in deep economic and moral crisis, says Azerbaijani president
- 13/07/2015 Azerbaijani president chairs Cabinet of Ministers meeting
- 12/07/2015 Azerbaijani President: "Azerbaijan has a bright future and no power can affect our successes"
- 09/07/2015 Azerbaijan likely to cancel state registration of 12 political parties
- 08/07/2015 APFP deputy chairman resigns
- 08/07/2015 Afghan delegation meeting Taliban in Pakistan
- 04/07/2015 Armed men commit attack on Kapital bank
- 03/07/2015 Azerbaijan, Russia, Iran and Kazakhstan to hold consultations on the establishment of collective security system in the Caspian Sea
- 02/07/2015 International NGOs carry out only orders of their owners, says Azerbaijani top official
- 01/07/2015 Over 28,000 foreign tourists visited Azerbaijan during European Games
- 01/07/2015 Finland denies entry to Russian State Duma speaker
- 01/07/2015 Azerbaijani president confers high special ranks on interior ministry officers
- 30/06/2015 Azerbaijani president awards justice minister with honorary diploma
- 30/06/2015 Moscow police detain Azerbaijani suspects in abduction of their compatriot
- 29/06/2015 President Ilham Aliyev awards Mehriban Aliyeva with Heydar Aliyev Order
- 29/06/2015 No one can similize Azerbaijan with states where anarchy and chaos prevail – official
- 29/06/2015 3 die in separate attacks ahead of Burundi's polls
- 24/06/2015 President Ilham Aliyev awards Ziyad Samadzade with Sharaf order
- 24/06/2015 Azerbaijan issues international arrest warrant for Ukrainian businessman
- 24/06/2015 Today is Abulfaz Elchibey’s birthday
- 23/06/2015 President Ilham Aliyev awards group of mechanical engineers with Taraggi medal
- 23/06/2015 237 detained after protest break-up in Yerevan
- 23/06/2015 Turkey: HDP names candidate for parliament speaker
- 22/06/2015 Azerbaijani population trusts their president - POLL
- 22/06/2015 Azerbaijan to register closure of foreign NGOs’ representative offices and branches within three days
- 20/06/2015 Rules for registration of political parties in Azerbaijan changed
- 18/06/2015 Azerbaijani taekwondo fighter grabs gold medal of European Games - PHOTOSESSION
- 16/06/2015 Azerbaijani president approves law on changing names of some villages in country