APA reports that the Central Election Commission has passed a decision in this regard at today’s meeting.
Firstly, CEC secretary Arifa Mukhtarova gave information about Ilgar Eldar Mammadov. Following this, head of CEC Working Group Ilham Mammadov said that Ilgar Mammadov had submitted 41 247 signatures and 4 982 out of them were turned out to be invalid.
CEC didn’t register Ilgar Mammadov as a presidential candidate through open voting.
Then CEC member Akif Gurbanov wanted the explanation for Mammadov’s non-registration.
CEC chairman Mazahir Panahov said that representatives of the U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan also took part in the checking process of the signatures, along with the representatives of international organization: “In general, all our steps are clear.”
Gurbanov left the meeting basing on that his question hadn’t been answered.
Press service of the US Embassy in Azerbaijan told APA that the Embassy did not play any role in this process: “The reports that the representative of the US Embassy took part in the counting of the signatures are groundless”.
- 29/03/2015 Azerbaijani Parliament to hear 2014 report on fight against human trafficking on April 3
- 29/03/2015 Azerbaijan switches to daylight saving time tonight
- 20/03/2015 Azerbaijani President: "Some foreign circles are waging an open campaign against Azerbaijan"
- 19/03/2015 Azerbaijan has already ensured its energy security – President
- 19/03/2015 Azerbaijani President: Independence our biggest wealth, greatest value
- 19/03/2015 US State Department publicizes 2015 International Narcotics Control Strategy Report
- 18/03/2015 Azerbaijani President appoints Taleh Ziyadov as Director General of Baku International Sea Trade Port CJSC
- 18/03/2015 Firudin Nabiyev promoted to second-grade state migration service advisor
- 18/03/2015 Azerbaijani President signs order on pardon
- 17/03/2015 Azerbaijani Parliament approves 2014 government’s report
- 17/03/2015 PM Artur Rasizade reporting to parliament
- 13/03/2015 Azerbaijani President attended the opening of Garabagh Agrarian Industrial Par
- 13/03/2015 President Ilham Aliyev attended the opening of Mollaisalar-Valiushaghı-Mollaahmadli-Sarkarlar highway - PHOTO
- 13/03/2015 Azerbaijani President attended the opening of the Children`s Art School No. 1 in Barda - PHOTOSESSION
- 13/03/2015 President Ilham Aliyev reviewed ongoing repair work at Barda Mausoleum - PHOTOSESSION
- 13/03/2015 Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev attended the opening of Barda “ASAN xidmət” regional center
- 12/03/2015 President Ilham Aliyev reviewed a newly-built residential complex for 588 IDP families in Barda - PHOTOSESSION
- 12/03/2015 Azerbaijani President attended the opening of a park-boulevard after Heydar Aliyev in Barda - PHOTOSESSION
- 12/03/2015 President Ilham Aliyev visited a statue of national leader Heydar Aliyev in Barda
- 12/03/2015 Pakistan executes first person since lifting death penalty
- 12/03/2015 Baku Mayor’s Office authorizes National Council rally
- 12/03/2015 Pakistani president pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani heroes
- 06/03/2015 Azerbaijani Parliament adopts report of Ombudsperson - UPDATED
- 06/03/2015 Speaker of Azerbaijani Parliament congratulates women deputies
- 06/03/2015 27,683 foreigners ordered to leave Azerbaijan within 48 hours last year
- 06/03/2015 60 years pass since Mammad Amin Rasulzade died
- 05/03/2015 Azerbaijani parliament to discuss 2014 government report on March 17
- 04/03/2015 Novruzali Aslanov awarded 2nd grade order “For Service to the Motherland”
- 04/03/2015 PACE co-rapporteurs’ meeting with opposition leaders postponed twice
- 03/03/2015 Court announces verdict on those detained over Salafi-Kharijite incident in Sumgayit
- 03/03/2015 Fikret Amirov’s work performed within Lebanese Cultural Days in Mexico
- 02/03/2015 ‘Azerbaijan – Sport in Focus’ exhibition opens in London
- 28/02/2015 Ebola virus death toll in West Africa reaches 9,660 — WHO
- 26/02/2015 Vuqar Aliyev appointed as Deputy Head of Socio-Political Affairs Department of Presidential Administration
- 26/02/2015 Azerbaijani President confers ‘Tereggi’ medal on employees of AzerTAc
- 26/02/2015 Azerbaijan State Telegraph Agency renamed
- 26/02/2015 “Appeal court” of separatist Nagorno Karabakh regime to issue verdict on Azerbaijani hostages on March 10 - UPDATED
- 26/02/2015 President Ilham Aliyev pays tribute to Khojaly Genocide victims - UPDATED
- 25/02/2015 Azerbaijani President awards Artur Rasizade with “Shohrat” order
- 24/02/2015 Azerbaijani President reviews newly-built residential complex for IDP families in Mingachevir - PHOTOSESSION