APA reports that the Central Election Commission has passed a decision in this regard at today’s meeting.
Firstly, CEC secretary Arifa Mukhtarova gave information about Ilgar Eldar Mammadov. Following this, head of CEC Working Group Ilham Mammadov said that Ilgar Mammadov had submitted 41 247 signatures and 4 982 out of them were turned out to be invalid.
CEC didn’t register Ilgar Mammadov as a presidential candidate through open voting.
Then CEC member Akif Gurbanov wanted the explanation for Mammadov’s non-registration.
CEC chairman Mazahir Panahov said that representatives of the U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan also took part in the checking process of the signatures, along with the representatives of international organization: “In general, all our steps are clear.”
Gurbanov left the meeting basing on that his question hadn’t been answered.
Press service of the US Embassy in Azerbaijan told APA that the Embassy did not play any role in this process: “The reports that the representative of the US Embassy took part in the counting of the signatures are groundless”.
- 31/07/2014 US stocks rise
- 30/07/2014 Azerbaijani “Karabakh” FC wins 2-1 Austrian Salzburg
- 30/07/2014 Azerbaijani president issues order on construction of new building of State Migration Service
- 26/07/2014 Five killed in mortar fire on Lugansk
- 26/07/2014 Armenians attack Tovuz region: 2 civilians injured - PHOTOSESSION
- 25/07/2014 President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on occasion of Ramadan
- 25/07/2014 Musavat member Faraj Karimli sentenced to pre-trial detention
- 25/07/2014 Protest held outside Israeli Embassy in Azerbaijan
- 24/07/2014 Committee on protection of Musavat member Faraj Karimli’s rights established
- 24/07/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviews progress of construction at Baku Olympic Stadium
- 23/07/2014 Faraj Karimli engaged in advertising psychotropic substances on social networks - Orkhan Mansurzadeh
- 22/07/2014 President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Khizi District
- 22/07/2014 Seven killed in clashes between army and militants in Libya's Benghazi
- 22/07/2014 Ten killed in air strike north of Baghdad
- 19/07/2014 Israel pushes in Gaza, expanding ground operation
- 16/07/2014 Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 8 mln to ASAN Service
- 16/07/2014 Azerbaijani Popular Front marks 25th anniversary
- 10/07/2014 Ilham Aliyev: “Nagorno Karabakh conflict can be settled only through the territorial integrity principle
- 10/07/2014 Reis Rasulzadeh expresses gratitude to president for his attention
- 10/07/2014 Mahammad Amin Rasulzadeh’s grandson to undergo surgery in Germany by order of President Ilham Aliyev
- 10/07/2014 Azerbaijani President chairs Cabinet of Ministers meeting
- 05/07/2014 Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 2.8 mln for road construction in Bilasuvar
- 04/07/2014 Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 4,9 million for road construction in Goygol region
- 30/06/2014 President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s practice in the fight against corruption can be a positive example for other countries as well
- 30/06/2014 Ramiz Mehdiyev: “Azerbaijan has gained a very good experience in the fight against corruption”
- 28/06/2014 President Ilham Aliyev: ‘Education is vital in combating radicalism, extremism, xenophobia’
- 28/06/2014 U.N. experts trace recent seized arms to Iran, violating embargo
- 28/06/2014 Launch of new Russian space rocket aborted
- 27/06/2014 EU leaders urge specific steps to de-escalate Ukrainian conflict by June 30
- 27/06/2014 Fiorello Provera: "Armenia must immediately return the occupied territories of Azerbaijan"
- 27/06/2014 Extraordinary session of Azerbaijani Parliament over
- 27/06/2014 Ali Hasanov: ‘The main expectation of the Azerbaijani state from the youth is a sense of statehood and patriotism’
- 27/06/2014 Ogtay Asadov: ‘The president has proved Azerbaijan’s honesty to Europe’
- 25/06/2014 President Ilham Aliyev awards civil servants
- 25/06/2014 President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on servicemen and civilian employees of Armed Forces - LIST
- 23/06/2014 Azerbaijani President awards engineering industry workers - LIST
- 23/06/2014 Elsever Mursaliyev refuses NIDA Civic Movement and APFP
- 20/06/2014 Azerbaijan refuses establishing Jury Trial
- 18/06/2014 Iran vows to defend Iraq Shi'ite sites; insurgents battle for refinery
- 18/06/2014 Schools and kindergartens of Azerbaijan International Education Center, including "Araz Courses", stop operation