APA reports that the Central Election Commission has passed a decision in this regard at today’s meeting.
Firstly, CEC secretary Arifa Mukhtarova gave information about Ilgar Eldar Mammadov. Following this, head of CEC Working Group Ilham Mammadov said that Ilgar Mammadov had submitted 41 247 signatures and 4 982 out of them were turned out to be invalid.
CEC didn’t register Ilgar Mammadov as a presidential candidate through open voting.
Then CEC member Akif Gurbanov wanted the explanation for Mammadov’s non-registration.
CEC chairman Mazahir Panahov said that representatives of the U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan also took part in the checking process of the signatures, along with the representatives of international organization: “In general, all our steps are clear.”
Gurbanov left the meeting basing on that his question hadn’t been answered.
Press service of the US Embassy in Azerbaijan told APA that the Embassy did not play any role in this process: “The reports that the representative of the US Embassy took part in the counting of the signatures are groundless”.
- 29/10/2014 World community should jointly fight against terrorism, separatism – President
- 29/10/2014 Politicians giving populist promises cause problems for their people – Azerbaijani President
- 29/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev: A large number of people live in tolerance in Azerbaijan
- 28/10/2014 Traffic to be restricted in Baku
- 28/10/2014 Siyavush Novruzov: US has not yet made statement on return of Azerbaijan’s occupied territories
- 28/10/2014 Azerbaijani President: Poverty, unemployment rate significantly reduced among all population groups, including youth
- 28/10/2014 Azerbaijani Parliament starts next meeting
- 25/10/2014 29 people killed in violence in Afghanistan's Farah province
- 25/10/2014 Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- 24/10/2014 President of Croatian Supreme Court: Azerbaijan has made great progress toward democracy
- 22/10/2014 Gunman killed, shots fired at 3 different locations - UPDATED
- 22/10/2014 Syrian air force destroys old war jets captured by IS
- 22/10/2014 Date and agenda of Azerbaijani Parliament’s next meeting made public
- 21/10/2014 Nomination of candidates for upcoming municipal elections in Azerbaijan to start tomorrow
- 21/10/2014 Azerbaijan to hold municipal elections on December 23
- 20/10/2014 Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 2m to speed up socio-economic development of Dashkasan District
- 20/10/2014 AB Standard sharply increases capital
- 18/10/2014 Released former NIDA members visit Heydar Aliyev’s grave - PHOTOSESSION
- 18/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Goranboy District
- 18/10/2014 Azerbaijan marks 23rd anniversary of independence
- 17/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev attended the opening of a new bus station in Dashkasan
- 17/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviewed the conditions created at a new office building of the Dashkasan District Executive Authority
- 17/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev attended the opening of the Heydar Aliyev Center in Dashkasan
- 17/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Dashkasan District on a visit
- 17/10/2014 Three NIDA members, one human rights defender pardoned by President Ilham Aliyev
- 17/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev issues Order to pardon a number of convicts
- 17/10/2014 Date of municipal elections in Azerbaijan to be announced next week
- 15/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviews progress of construction at Baku Olympic Stadium
- 14/10/2014 Azerbaijan to provide numerous benefits for foreigners granted refugee status and stateless persons
- 14/10/2014 Algeria confirms Western intel, announces plans for nuclear program
- 13/10/2014 New head of Ganja’s Nizami District Executive Authority appointed
- 08/10/2014 Azerbaijani president issues order on awarding young talented persons with special scholarship
- 08/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting of Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socioeconomic development in nine months of 2014 and objectives for future
- 07/10/2014 Israel shells southern Lebanon in retaliation to border blast
- 05/10/2014 Russia says South Stream gas pipeline is going ahead: Interfax
- 03/10/2014 Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 2 mln to Absheron Executive Power
- 03/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviews reconstruction work at Heydar Aliyev Culture and Recreation Park in Khirdalan - UPDATED
- 01/10/2014 Putin highlights Internet security amid soaring cyber attacks
- 01/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on occasion of Eid al-Adha
- 01/10/2014 Zakir Garalov: Pardoning imprisoned NIDA members is under president’s authority