APA reports that the Central Election Commission has passed a decision in this regard at today’s meeting.
Firstly, CEC secretary Arifa Mukhtarova gave information about Ilgar Eldar Mammadov. Following this, head of CEC Working Group Ilham Mammadov said that Ilgar Mammadov had submitted 41 247 signatures and 4 982 out of them were turned out to be invalid.
CEC didn’t register Ilgar Mammadov as a presidential candidate through open voting.
Then CEC member Akif Gurbanov wanted the explanation for Mammadov’s non-registration.
CEC chairman Mazahir Panahov said that representatives of the U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan also took part in the checking process of the signatures, along with the representatives of international organization: “In general, all our steps are clear.”
Gurbanov left the meeting basing on that his question hadn’t been answered.
Press service of the US Embassy in Azerbaijan told APA that the Embassy did not play any role in this process: “The reports that the representative of the US Embassy took part in the counting of the signatures are groundless”.
- 23/09/2014 President Ilham Aliyev visits Ismayilli and Gabala regions - PHOTO
- 23/09/2014 The opening of this port is a part of the great work
- 23/09/2014 Iraq rejects presence of foreign ground troops to fight IS
- 22/09/2014 Syrian airstrike kills 10 rebels near Lebanon border
- 22/09/2014 Date and agenda of first meeting of Azerbaijani Parliament autumn session announced
- 20/09/2014 Part of White House evacuated; Obama not present: witnesses
- 19/09/2014 Dozens killed as Boko Haram fighters attack Nigerian market
- 19/09/2014 Employees of oil industry entitled to Azerbaijani President’s individual pension
- 19/09/2014 Azerbaijani President confers honorary titles on employees of oil industry
- 19/09/2014 President Ilham Aliyev awards to employees of oil industry
- 18/09/2014 Azerbaijan determines new requirement regarding state registration of religious organizations
- 18/09/2014 At least 3 killed as mosque collapses in Kenya's Lamu
- 17/09/2014 Gudrat Hasanguliyev: Our society accepts the arrest of some foreign-funded NGOs leaders as quite normal
- 17/09/2014 Gudrat Hasanguliyev: Azerbaijan can join the Customs Union and the Eurasian Union for the sake of Nagorno-Karabakh by maintaining its independence
- 16/09/2014 Azerbaijan to define upper limit of annual donations one person can make to one or several parties
- 16/09/2014 Egypt raises over 8 bln USD for new canal project
- 15/09/2014 96 years pass since liberation of Baku from bolshevik-dashnak occupation
- 12/09/2014 President Ilham Aliyev attended the opening of the French Lyceum of Baku
- 12/09/2014 Ibadoghlu officially announces his candidacy for Musavat chairmanship
- 11/09/2014 Scores injured, houses damaged after shallow quake hits West Sumatra Indonesia
- 11/09/2014 Russia successfully tests nuclear missile, more planned - navy chief
- 11/09/2014 Ukraine may become UN Security Council non-permanent member in 2016
- 10/09/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviews schools No. 32 and No. 12 in Baku
- 10/09/2014 Baku Mayor’s Office responds to appeal of Musavat Party
- 09/09/2014 Arif Hajili nominates his candidature for post of Musavat chairman
- 09/09/2014 Islamic State fighters using US arms: study
- 06/09/2014 Defense Ministry investigates hostage-taking of Azerbaijani citizen
- 05/09/2014 Ukrainian president orders ceasefire in east
- 05/09/2014 NATO welcomes Minsk truce deal if it leads to real ceasefire — Rasmussen
- 04/09/2014 Azerbaijani President awards Turkish counterpart with the "Heydar Aliyev" Order - PHOTOSESSION - UPDATED
- 02/09/2014 President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 2 mln to Youths and Sport Ministry
- 29/08/2014 President Ilham Aliyev attends openings of several facilities in Fuzuli District
- 29/08/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviews secondary school No. 46 in Baku after major repair and reconstruction
- 28/08/2014 President Ilham Aliyev visits Fuzuli region
- 28/08/2014 President Ilham Aliyev attends openings of a number of facilities
- 27/08/2014 Azerbaijani President: “By all means we defend and will defend our independence”
- 26/08/2014 Putin and Poroshenko set out different paths to peace in Ukraine
- 26/08/2014 Azerbaijani President attends opening of Carpet Museum
- 26/08/2014 Azerbaijani president attends opening of rebuilt secondary school No 23 in Baku
- 26/08/2014 Azerbaijan’s First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva marks her birthday