APA reports that the Central Election Commission has passed a decision in this regard at today’s meeting.
Firstly, CEC secretary Arifa Mukhtarova gave information about Ilgar Eldar Mammadov. Following this, head of CEC Working Group Ilham Mammadov said that Ilgar Mammadov had submitted 41 247 signatures and 4 982 out of them were turned out to be invalid.
CEC didn’t register Ilgar Mammadov as a presidential candidate through open voting.
Then CEC member Akif Gurbanov wanted the explanation for Mammadov’s non-registration.
CEC chairman Mazahir Panahov said that representatives of the U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan also took part in the checking process of the signatures, along with the representatives of international organization: “In general, all our steps are clear.”
Gurbanov left the meeting basing on that his question hadn’t been answered.
Press service of the US Embassy in Azerbaijan told APA that the Embassy did not play any role in this process: “The reports that the representative of the US Embassy took part in the counting of the signatures are groundless”.
- 03/03/2015 Court announces verdict on those detained over Salafi-Kharijite incident in Sumgayit
- 03/03/2015 Fikret Amirov’s work performed within Lebanese Cultural Days in Mexico
- 02/03/2015 ‘Azerbaijan – Sport in Focus’ exhibition opens in London
- 28/02/2015 Ebola virus death toll in West Africa reaches 9,660 — WHO
- 26/02/2015 Vuqar Aliyev appointed as Deputy Head of Socio-Political Affairs Department of Presidential Administration
- 26/02/2015 Azerbaijani President confers ‘Tereggi’ medal on employees of AzerTAc
- 26/02/2015 Azerbaijan State Telegraph Agency renamed
- 26/02/2015 “Appeal court” of separatist Nagorno Karabakh regime to issue verdict on Azerbaijani hostages on March 10 - UPDATED
- 26/02/2015 President Ilham Aliyev pays tribute to Khojaly Genocide victims - UPDATED
- 25/02/2015 Azerbaijani President awards Artur Rasizade with “Shohrat” order
- 24/02/2015 Azerbaijani President reviews newly-built residential complex for IDP families in Mingachevir - PHOTOSESSION
- 24/02/2015 President Ilham Aliyev reviewed the ongoing redevelopment work at the Heydar Aliyev Park in Mingachevir - PHOTOSESSION
- 24/02/2015 Azerbaijani President: “Gradual appreciation of manat had a negative effect on the development of our economy”
- 24/02/2015 President Ilham Aliyev reviewed the reconstruction work at Mingachevir City Central Hospital - PHOTOSESSION
- 24/02/2015 President Ilham Aliyev visited Kur Olympic Training and Sports Center in Mingachevir
- 24/02/2015 President Ilham Aliyev visits Mingachevir
- 24/02/2015 Azerbaijani Parliament discusses decline in manat
- 24/02/2015 Azerbaijani Parliament starts meeting with commemoration of Khojaly genocide victims
- 24/02/2015 Today is “Water Tuesday” of Novruz in Azerbaijan
- 23/02/2015 Azerbaijani President confirms Action Plan on celebration of 70th anniversary of victory in Great Patriotic War
- 23/02/2015 Traffic movement to be restricted in some streets of Baku due to Khojaly genocide anniversary
- 23/02/2015 Ali Hasanov appointed as Presidential aide
- 20/02/2015 APFP deputy chairman Razi Nurullayev dismissed
- 19/02/2015 Several youths resign from movement created at Gubad Ibadoglu’s initiative
- 19/02/2015 Armenians hack website of Azerbaijanfilm studio
- 13/02/2015 MP proposes to abolish a number of state agencies in Azerbaijan
- 12/02/2015 Ali Hasanov: In Azerbaijan, there are some NGOs that operate on order
- 12/02/2015 Ali Hasanov announces government-opposition meeting details
- 12/02/2015 Ali Hasanov: Government, political parties can discuss any issues
- 12/02/2015 Next government-opposition meeting starts - PHOTO
- 11/02/2015 Musavat Party not to attend government-opposition meeting
- 10/02/2015 Next government-opposition meeting to be held with participation of PA department head Ali Hasanov
- 09/02/2015 Merkel and Obama meet as arming Ukraine debated
- 09/02/2015 BTC transports 2.5 mln tonnes of Azerbaijani oil
- 09/02/2015 Fazil Mammadov given special rank of first-grade state tax adviser
- 06/02/2015 Gubad Ibadoglu excluded from Musavat Party - UPDATED
- 05/02/2015 Nakhchivan permanent representation in Baku: Media reports that Vasif Talibov was taken to Baku due to illness are provocation
- 05/02/2015 Azerbaijan’s State Land and Cartography Committee abolished
- 05/02/2015 NATO ministers to meet on Russia, upgrading response force
- 03/02/2015 Polad Bulbuloglu awarded Sharaf order