APA reports that the Central Election Commission has passed a decision in this regard at today’s meeting.
Firstly, CEC secretary Arifa Mukhtarova gave information about Ilgar Eldar Mammadov. Following this, head of CEC Working Group Ilham Mammadov said that Ilgar Mammadov had submitted 41 247 signatures and 4 982 out of them were turned out to be invalid.
CEC didn’t register Ilgar Mammadov as a presidential candidate through open voting.
Then CEC member Akif Gurbanov wanted the explanation for Mammadov’s non-registration.
CEC chairman Mazahir Panahov said that representatives of the U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan also took part in the checking process of the signatures, along with the representatives of international organization: “In general, all our steps are clear.”
Gurbanov left the meeting basing on that his question hadn’t been answered.
Press service of the US Embassy in Azerbaijan told APA that the Embassy did not play any role in this process: “The reports that the representative of the US Embassy took part in the counting of the signatures are groundless”.
- 20/10/2014 Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 2m to speed up socio-economic development of Dashkasan District
- 20/10/2014 AB Standard sharply increases capital
- 18/10/2014 Released former NIDA members visit Heydar Aliyev’s grave - PHOTOSESSION
- 18/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Goranboy District
- 18/10/2014 Azerbaijan marks 23rd anniversary of independence
- 17/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev attended the opening of a new bus station in Dashkasan
- 17/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviewed the conditions created at a new office building of the Dashkasan District Executive Authority
- 17/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev attended the opening of the Heydar Aliyev Center in Dashkasan
- 17/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Dashkasan District on a visit
- 17/10/2014 Three NIDA members, one human rights defender pardoned by President Ilham Aliyev
- 17/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev issues Order to pardon a number of convicts
- 17/10/2014 Date of municipal elections in Azerbaijan to be announced next week
- 15/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviews progress of construction at Baku Olympic Stadium
- 14/10/2014 Azerbaijan to provide numerous benefits for foreigners granted refugee status and stateless persons
- 14/10/2014 Algeria confirms Western intel, announces plans for nuclear program
- 13/10/2014 New head of Ganja’s Nizami District Executive Authority appointed
- 08/10/2014 Azerbaijani president issues order on awarding young talented persons with special scholarship
- 08/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting of Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socioeconomic development in nine months of 2014 and objectives for future
- 07/10/2014 Israel shells southern Lebanon in retaliation to border blast
- 05/10/2014 Russia says South Stream gas pipeline is going ahead: Interfax
- 03/10/2014 Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 2 mln to Absheron Executive Power
- 03/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviews reconstruction work at Heydar Aliyev Culture and Recreation Park in Khirdalan - UPDATED
- 01/10/2014 Putin highlights Internet security amid soaring cyber attacks
- 01/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on occasion of Eid al-Adha
- 01/10/2014 Zakir Garalov: Pardoning imprisoned NIDA members is under president’s authority
- 01/10/2014 Ukraine rebels close in on Donetsk airport
- 30/09/2014 NIDA members appeal to President Ilham Aliyev for pardon - TEXT
- 30/09/2014 Deputy chairmen of Musavat Party appointed
- 30/09/2014 Azerbaijani Parliament strongly criticizes European Parliament
- 30/09/2014 YAP official: The imprisoned NGO leaders are no hostages, so we’re not supposed to release them unconditionally
- 30/09/2014 Azerbaijani Parliament opens autumn session
- 29/09/2014 Gubad Ibadoglu: We’ll announce next steps by the weekend
- 27/09/2014 Azerbaijani opposition party “Musavat” elected new chairman
- 27/09/2014 VIII Congress of Musavat Party kicks off
- 27/09/2014 Azerbaijani FM Elmar Mammadyarov addresses at the General Debate of the United Nations General Assembly New York
- 26/09/2014 Musavat leader Isa Gambar holds last press conference
- 24/09/2014 At least 59 killed in air strikes, clashes in Iraq
- 24/09/2014 President allocates AZN 2 mln to Gabala region
- 24/09/2014 President Ilham Aliyev signs order on some security measures on contact line between Azerbaijani and Armenian armed forces
- 24/09/2014 Azerbaijani President: "The unity of the people and the government is the main factor contributing to our independent life"