Azerbaijani CEC refuses to register Ilgar Mammadov as presidential candidate - UPDATED
APA reports that the Central Election Commission has passed a decision in this regard at today’s meeting.
Firstly, CEC secretary Arifa Mukhtarova gave information about Ilgar Eldar Mammadov. Following this, head of CEC Working Group Ilham Mammadov said that Ilgar Mammadov had submitted 41 247 signatures and 4 982 out of them were turned out to be invalid.
CEC didn’t register Ilgar Mammadov as a presidential candidate through open voting.
Then CEC member Akif Gurbanov wanted the explanation for Mammadov’s non-registration.
CEC chairman Mazahir Panahov said that representatives of the U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan also took part in the checking process of the signatures, along with the representatives of international organization: “In general, all our steps are clear.”
Gurbanov left the meeting basing on that his question hadn’t been answered.
Press service of the US Embassy in Azerbaijan told APA that the Embassy did not play any role in this process: “The reports that the representative of the US Embassy took part in the counting of the signatures are groundless”.
Related news releases
- 25.11.2015Azerbaijan’s 5th-convocation parliament fixes date of first plenary session
- 24.11.2015Aqiye Nakhchivanli dismissed from post of rector
- 24.11.2015Ahliman Amiraslanov dismissed from post of rector of Azerbaijan Medical University
- 24.11.2015Rector of Azerbaijan State Academy of Physical Training and Sports dismissed
- 24.11.2015President Aliyev: Int’l observers confirm election was transparent, fair in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2015Azerbaijan names chairpersons of parliamentary committees
- 24.11.2015Azerbaijani parliament set to create 4 new committees, rename 3 others
- 24.11.2015Deputy speakers of Azerbaijan’s 5th-convocation parliament named
- 24.11.2015Azerbaijan names parliament speaker
- 24.11.2015First session of Azerbaijani 5th convocation parliament starts
- 21.11.2015Event held on occasion of 23rd anniversary of YAP’s establishment
- 21.11.2015Obama says Mali attacks 'stiffens our resolve'
- 21.11.2015Ali Ahmadov: Officials may face drastic punishment for offences, failure to justify president’s confidence
- 20.11.2015Azerbaijani president awards employees of justice agencies
- 19.11.2015Azerbaijan enters into force new rules on combating funding of terrorism
- 19.11.2015Azerbaijani president awards Eldar Nuriyev
- 18.11.2015Others need to draw lesson from president’s dismissal of some ministers – ruling party
- 17.11.2015Azerbaijan marks National Revival Day
- 15.11.2015Convene the first session of the V convocation of the Supreme Mejlis of Nakhchivan AR
- 13.11.2015General Prosecutor's Office released data on corruption in the Ministry of Communications and High Technologies
- 13.11.2015Deputy Minister of National Security Elchin Aliyev dismissed
- 13.11.2015PACE President welcomes release of Arif Yunus
- 13.11.2015Azerbaijan's economy diversified, dependence on oil reducing – top official
- 13.11.2015Azerbaijan to amend legislation on security and communications - EXCLUSIVE
- 12.11.2015Azerbaijan’s minister of communications and high technologies dismissed
- 12.11.2015As USSR heir, Russia must show interest in Karabakh conflict settlement: Parliamentary vice-speaker
- 12.11.2015Nagorno-Karabakh conflict – biggest obstacle for ensuring human rights and freedoms, says Azerbaijani presidential aide
- 12.11.2015Azerbaijan will further prevent manifestations of radicalism – parliament vice-speaker
- 12.11.2015Azerbaijan national security system not undermined by incidents, says parliament vice-speaker
- 12.11.2015Azerbaijan marks Day of Constitution
- 11.11.2015Three police martyred in Turkey's southeast
- 10.11.2015YAP to consider issue of members nominated for MPs in contravention of party’s decision
- 09.11.2015President Ilham Aliyev: Every country should rely on its own resources as world faces new threats and dangers
- 09.11.2015President Ilham Aliyev: There are lots of opportunities for Azerbaijani scientists to work in military industry area
- 09.11.2015Ali Abbasov: Some ministry officials in temporary detention - VİDEO
- 06.11.2015Arrested 8 organizers of unsanctioned protest in Sabunchu district
- 06.11.2015276 people granted Azerbaijani citizenship take oath of allegiance
- 05.11.2015President Ilham Aliyev: Security well-ensured in Azerbaijan
- 05.11.2015Azerbaijan does not need anyone’s help - president
- 05.11.2015Azerbaijani president: “The judicial system should be transparent to the maximum extent”