APA reports that the Central Election Commission has passed a decision in this regard at today’s meeting.
Firstly, CEC secretary Arifa Mukhtarova gave information about Ilgar Eldar Mammadov. Following this, head of CEC Working Group Ilham Mammadov said that Ilgar Mammadov had submitted 41 247 signatures and 4 982 out of them were turned out to be invalid.
CEC didn’t register Ilgar Mammadov as a presidential candidate through open voting.
Then CEC member Akif Gurbanov wanted the explanation for Mammadov’s non-registration.
CEC chairman Mazahir Panahov said that representatives of the U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan also took part in the checking process of the signatures, along with the representatives of international organization: “In general, all our steps are clear.”
Gurbanov left the meeting basing on that his question hadn’t been answered.
Press service of the US Embassy in Azerbaijan told APA that the Embassy did not play any role in this process: “The reports that the representative of the US Embassy took part in the counting of the signatures are groundless”.
- 19/12/2014 Mazahir Panahov: “1,000 stations have been supplied with web-camera to observe the municipal elections”
- 17/12/2014 Azerbaijani President: "The unity between the people and the government is the basic foundation of our success"
- 17/12/2014 President Ilham Aliyev: "In Azerbaijan no one will feel the decline in oil prices"
- 16/12/2014 Siyavush Novruzov: US started black genocide
- 16/12/2014 Azerbaijani President attends first All-Republican Forum of ASAN Volunteers in Sabirabad
- 15/12/2014 President Ilham Aliyev visited Sabirabad region- PHOTO
- 15/12/2014 Mirgafar Seyidov dismisses five department chiefs - EXCLUSIVE
- 13/12/2014 Dozens killed in Afghanistan fighting as foreign troops head home
- 13/12/2014 Nearly 40,000 people to observe municipal elections in Azerbaijan
- 13/12/2014 Serdar Jalaloglu: “We were pleased with the meeting”
- 13/12/2014 Head of the Department at Azerbaijani Presidential Administration announces results of dialogue with chairmen of opposition parties
- 13/12/2014 Ali Hasanov: “The Azerbaijani government has always been open for constructive cooperation and dialogue with its political opponents
- 13/12/2014 Government-opposition dialogue kicks off
- 12/12/2014 No death reported in E. Ukraine as ceasefire largely holds
- 12/12/2014 Baku Mayor's Office authorizes Musavat Party rally on December 14
- 12/12/2014 Azerbaijani President pays tribute to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 12/12/2014 Eleven years pass since Heydar Aliyev died
- 11/12/2014 32,427 people registered to observe Azerbaijan municipal elections
- 11/12/2014 Ali Hasanov: We’ve stated many times that the Azerbaijani government is always ready for dialogue and cooperation with all socio-political organizations
- 09/12/2014 Philippine capital braces for storm, as Hagupit leaves 27 dead
- 09/12/2014 EU to assess budgetary rules broken countries in March
- 09/12/2014 U.S. says allies to send about 1,500 troops to Iraq
- 08/12/2014 Azerbaijan appeals to CoE Congress of Local and Regional Authorities for municipal election observation
- 08/12/2014 Ali Hasanov: Statements of some local and foreign organizations on Khadija Ismayilova’s arrest biased and baseless
- 08/12/2014 Bahar Muradova comments on arrest of journalist Khadija Ismayilova
- 07/12/2014 Cargo plane detained in Nigeria does not belong to Russia - embassy
- 06/12/2014 Car rolls down ravine in Ujar, 3 dead
- 04/12/2014 Horrific road accident claims three lives in Goranboy - PHOTOSESSION
- 03/12/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviews construction progress at fountain and waterfall complex in Khatai District
- 03/12/2014 Azerbaijani President: The only negative case in oil price fall is that what we have planned to do in one year we will do within two years
- 03/12/2014 Azerbaijani President: IS 'fruit' of policy carried out in Middle East over last ten years
- 03/12/2014 Ali Hasanov: Journalists in Muslim countries can unite and demonstrate a unified position
- 03/12/2014 Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijan can be model for Afghanistan"
- 02/12/2014 Department head of Prosecutor General’s Office dismissed
- 30/11/2014 Pre-election campaign on municipal elections in Azerbaijan started
- 28/11/2014 Bahar Muradova: We won’t forgive those who betray state and its interests
- 28/11/2014 Azerbaijani Minister of Emergency Situations receives citizens in Mingachevir - PHOTO
- 28/11/2014 Azerbaijani parliament adopts state budget package for 2015
- 28/11/2014 Ogtay Asadov: European Parliament takes biased and double-standard approach toward Azerbaijan
- 28/11/2014 Armenian journalist defends Leyla Yunus