APA reports that the Central Election Commission has passed a decision in this regard at today’s meeting.
Firstly, CEC secretary Arifa Mukhtarova gave information about Ilgar Eldar Mammadov. Following this, head of CEC Working Group Ilham Mammadov said that Ilgar Mammadov had submitted 41 247 signatures and 4 982 out of them were turned out to be invalid.
CEC didn’t register Ilgar Mammadov as a presidential candidate through open voting.
Then CEC member Akif Gurbanov wanted the explanation for Mammadov’s non-registration.
CEC chairman Mazahir Panahov said that representatives of the U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan also took part in the checking process of the signatures, along with the representatives of international organization: “In general, all our steps are clear.”
Gurbanov left the meeting basing on that his question hadn’t been answered.
Press service of the US Embassy in Azerbaijan told APA that the Embassy did not play any role in this process: “The reports that the representative of the US Embassy took part in the counting of the signatures are groundless”.
- 04/07/2015 Armed men commit attack on Kapital bank
- 03/07/2015 Azerbaijan, Russia, Iran and Kazakhstan to hold consultations on the establishment of collective security system in the Caspian Sea
- 02/07/2015 International NGOs carry out only orders of their owners, says Azerbaijani top official
- 01/07/2015 Over 28,000 foreign tourists visited Azerbaijan during European Games
- 01/07/2015 Finland denies entry to Russian State Duma speaker
- 01/07/2015 Azerbaijani president confers high special ranks on interior ministry officers
- 30/06/2015 Azerbaijani president awards justice minister with honorary diploma
- 30/06/2015 Moscow police detain Azerbaijani suspects in abduction of their compatriot
- 29/06/2015 President Ilham Aliyev awards Mehriban Aliyeva with Heydar Aliyev Order
- 29/06/2015 No one can similize Azerbaijan with states where anarchy and chaos prevail – official
- 29/06/2015 3 die in separate attacks ahead of Burundi's polls
- 24/06/2015 President Ilham Aliyev awards Ziyad Samadzade with Sharaf order
- 24/06/2015 Azerbaijan issues international arrest warrant for Ukrainian businessman
- 24/06/2015 Today is Abulfaz Elchibey’s birthday
- 23/06/2015 President Ilham Aliyev awards group of mechanical engineers with Taraggi medal
- 23/06/2015 237 detained after protest break-up in Yerevan
- 23/06/2015 Turkey: HDP names candidate for parliament speaker
- 22/06/2015 Azerbaijani population trusts their president - POLL
- 22/06/2015 Azerbaijan to register closure of foreign NGOs’ representative offices and branches within three days
- 20/06/2015 Rules for registration of political parties in Azerbaijan changed
- 18/06/2015 Azerbaijani taekwondo fighter grabs gold medal of European Games - PHOTOSESSION
- 16/06/2015 Azerbaijani president approves law on changing names of some villages in country
- 15/06/2015 Independent Azerbaijan is in reliable hands – top official
- 15/06/2015 Azerbaijan marks Salvation Day
- 14/06/2015 Georgia declares a day of mourning
- 11/06/2015 Azerbaijan prepared well for European Games – EOC president
- 09/06/2015 President Ilham Aliyev attended the opening of link roads on the 4th-6th km of Baku-Alat-Qazakh-Georgia and state border highway and a pedestrian underpass in Bayil Boulevard
- 09/06/2015 President Ilham Aliyev reviewed “Atelye 61” restaurant in National Flag Square
- 06/06/2015 Round table ‘Double-standard approach of int’l organizations toward human rights’ held in Baku - PHOTO
- 30/05/2015 Siyavush Novruzov: What National Council held today was picket, not rally
- 29/05/2015 Azerbaijani President issues order on conscription
- 29/05/2015 Azerbaijani Parliament ends spring session
- 28/05/2015 Azerbaijan celebrates the Republic Day
- 27/05/2015 Number of voters in Azerbaijan announced
- 27/05/2015 President Ilham Aliyev attends official reception on occasion of Republic Day
- 27/05/2015 Azerbaijan’s prestige on international arena is growing – Putin
- 27/05/2015 President Ilham Aliyev visits memorial in honor of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic - PHOTOSESSION
- 26/05/2015 National Council approves authorization by Baku mayor’s office to hold rally on May 30
- 25/05/2015 Baku mayor’s office authorizes National Council to hold rally on May 30
- 22/05/2015 More than $180 billion have been invested in the Azerbaijani economy over the past 11 years