Armenia found guilty of crimes against humanity – investigative group
More than 23,600 persons were recognized as victims and legal heirs of the victims, according to Ahmadov.
The investigative actions revealed that Armenia has committed war crimes against peace and humanity, Ahmadov noted. “Some 296 people who are accused of committing a variety of crimes like robbery, premeditated murder, illegal possession of weapons, failure to report the crime were declared as arrested in absentia and put on a wanted list,” he said.
“Among the 296 accused there are three Russians, one Ukrainian, 18 people - soldiers of the 366th infantry regiment of Soviet troops (14 of them Armenians), 18 people – members of internal affairs agencies, 11 - employees of the former KGB (Committee for State Security of the Soviet Union),” said Ahmadov adding that the others worked in the former party and government bodies, in the spheres of education, catering, transport, agriculture and others.
Related news releases
- 25.05.2016Former Armenian scout: Areas retaken by Azerbaijan are of great tactical, operative importance
- 25.05.2016Reports on "statement" spread in UN by so-called regime in Armenia - another fabrication
- 25.05.2016Azerbaijani FM ready to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs – Foreign Ministry
- 24.05.2016OSCE PA Special Representative calls for parliamentary support to Nagorno-Karabakh peace resolution
- 24.05.2016Warlick: No immediate plans to visit region
- 24.05.2016Nagorno-Karabakh conflict to be discussed at OSCE PA annual session
- 24.05.2016Iranian supreme leader’s rep: Nagorno-Karabakh belongs to Azerbaijan
- 24.05.2016Armenia deploys persons unfit for service to frontline
- 23.05.2016Grad missile engine, unexploded artillery shell found at front line
- 23.05.2016Armenian troops set fire to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 23.05.2016Azerbaijani FM: Status quo in Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict may lead to severe military clashes
- 23.05.2016President Ilham Aliyev: Armenia used chemical weapon against Azerbaijani population
- 20.05.2016U.S. Vice president and Armenian president discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict by phone
- 20.05.2016Russia to continue assisting Karabakh conflict settlement, Medvedev says
- 20.05.2016Chairman of the PACE: "The Nagorno Karabakh conflict, generally all conflicts must be solved within the territorial integrity of the countries"
- 19.05.2016No decisive step taken for release of Azerbaijanis taken hostage by Armenians
- 19.05.2016German MP says he expects OSCE MG to solve Karabakh conflict
- 19.05.2016Associated Press makes correction to story on Nagorno-Karabakh
- 18.05.2016Yerevan’s statements distort essence of Karabakh conflict, says Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2016Azerbaijan expresses protest to Associated Press over news release about Nagorno-Karabakh
- 18.05.2016Armenian flag burnt in Baku
- 18.05.2016US ambassador: Armenian, Azerbaijani presidents’ possible June talk may lead to comprehensive settlement
- 18.05.2016Azerbaijan liberates 2,000ha of land during April clashes
- 18.05.2016EU: Vienna meeting on Karabakh conflict - a positive fact
- 18.05.2016Azerbaijan estimating damage caused by Armenia to historical sites, mosques
- 18.05.2016Website of Euronews TV publishes article on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 18.05.2016Azerbaijan's Lachin: 24 years under Armenian occupation
- 17.05.2016OSCE Chairperson-in-Office: " We will actively support efforts to establish an investigative mechanism in the Nagorno Karabakh conflict zone"
- 17.05.2016France welcomes results of Vienna meeting over Karabakh conflict settlement
- 17.05.2016Russian political analyst: OSCE MG must exert pressure on Armenia
- 17.05.2016Armenia lost 800 ha of territory in April clashes – Sargsyan
- 17.05.2016Azerbaijan urges int’l community to condemn Armenia for using white phosphorous shell against civilians
- 17.05.2016Vienna meeting on Karabakh conflict gives grounds for optimism – Kremlin
- 17.05.2016Over 450 houses of Azerbaijani IDPs damaged in Armenian shelling
- 17.05.2016‘Talks on Karabakh conflict settlement should be intensified’
- 17.05.2016Azerbaijani FM: Vienna meeting opens good opportunity to start substantial talks on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 17.05.2016Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents agree on next round of talks
- 17.05.2016Lavrov: "In Nagorno-Karabakh ceasefire agreement of 1994-95 format will be observed"
- 16.05.2016Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia held OSCE Minsk Group-mediated meeting in Vienna - UPDATED
- 16.05.2016Kerry meets with Armenian President