Strasbourg. Fuad Gulubeyli – APA. PACE President Anne Brasseur has today held a press conference.
Mrs. Anne Brasseur gave detailed information about today’s meeting of the PACE Bureau and the work to be done by the Assembly this week, APA’s Europe bureau reports.
She said that the discussions on “Ukraine crisis and its political and humanitarian consequences” will be held as part of the session. She said discussions on Azerbaijan will also take place within the session. Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov will address the session today and President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev tomorrow.
Mrs. Brasseur recalled that the PACE Standing Committee and Bureau held a meeting in Baku in May. She said she will revisit Baku: “I talked very openly with President Ilham Aliyev. Azerbaijani President will address the session. We are looking forward to his speech. I want to say that Azerbaijan's territorial integrity is one of priorities for us. Our resolutions in this regard shows that PACE is determined to defend the territorial integrity. We also regard the country’s chairmanship of the Council of Europe Committee of Ministers as an opportunity to speed up necessary reforms. To conduct these reforms, especially to speed up the resolution of the issues of the freedoms of expression, press and assembly is necessary in terms of fulfilling the requirements of the European Council”.
Anne Brasseur also commented on the document on “Imposing sanctions against Armenia" proposed by member of the Azerbaijani delegation to the PACE Elkhan Suleymanov. We are requested to impose sanctions against Armenia. However, this proposal does not specifically mention the issue of freezing the powers of Armenian delegation. This issue will be discussed at the meeting on the last day of the PACE PA session.” she said.
- 25/07/2014 Family members of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev taken hostages by Armenians in Kalbajar address to Vladimir Putin - PHOTOSESSION
- 25/07/2014 Measures underway to prevent export of fake labeled products made in Nagorno-Karabakh to foreign countries
- 25/07/2014 Azerbaijani Embassy in Egypt to investigate whether or not Azerbaijanis are among victims of Algerian passenger plane crash
- 24/07/2014 Richard Morningstar: “The United States does not want in any way to create instability or unrest in Azerbaijan”
- 24/07/2014 U.S. Ambassador to Azerbaijan: “It was equally brave for Azerbaijan to commit to the Southern Gas Corridor, which will bring gas to Georgia, Turkey and on into Europe”
- 24/07/2014 Richard Morningstar: “We need to stand by Azerbaijan as it strives to maintain its sovereignty and independence”
- 24/07/2014 Azerbaijani Minister of Emergency Situations receives outgoing US Ambassador Richard Morningstar - PHOTO
- 24/07/2014 OSCE MG Co-Chairs urge Azerbaijan and Armenia to commit themselves to avoiding causalities on line of contact
- 23/07/2014 Azerbaijani President: If Karabakh problem is not settled justly, the regional situation will become more complicated
- 23/07/2014 Azerbaijani top official accuses Russian TV channel of serving insidious purposes
- 23/07/2014 Ambassador clarifies issue of whether Dilgam Asgarov taken hostage in Kalbajar is Russian citizen or not
- 23/07/2014 Iranian Ambassador to Azerbaijan calls international organizations not to remain indifferent to what is happening in Gaza Strip
- 23/07/2014 Minister of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan: "Stability and prosperity on the European continent are major preconditions for closer cooperation"
- 23/07/2014 Elmar Mammadyarov: “Goods produced in the Nagorno-Karabakh are sold by Armenia in the EU market under various fraudulent labels”
- 23/07/2014 Azerbaijani FM: Azerbaijan has proved to be a reliable strategic partner of EU in the field of energy
- 23/07/2014 Elmar Mammadyarov: “Azerbaijan is ready to coordinate its efforts with other international actors, especially with the European Union during the whole period of its chairmanship”.
- 23/07/2014 Elmar Mammadyarov: “Azerbaijan has been successful in strengthening cooperation with EU based on my country’s development agenda and priorities”
- 22/07/2014 Azerbaijan International Development Agency implements humanitarian action in Benin and Chad
- 22/07/2014 Premature accusations over plane crash in Donetsk to aggravate situation – Russian ambassador
- 22/07/2014 Russian ambassador says no reason to politicize and dramatize issue regarding Orkhan Zeynalov
- 22/07/2014 British ambassador congratulates Azerbaijani journalists
- 22/07/2014 Chairman of Committee of Ministers makes statement on Malaysia Airlines plane crash
- 21/07/2014 Djibouti strongly condemns Armenia`s aggression against Azerbaijan
- 21/07/2014 AIDA represented at international donor conference in Brussels
- 21/07/2014 Elmar Mammadyarov to attend Eastern Partnerhsip Foreign Ministers meeting
- 21/07/2014 President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Norm concrete plant - PHOTO
- 19/07/2014 Azerbaijani President congratulates King of Belgium
- 19/07/2014 Malaysian Chargé d'affaires to Azerbaijan: We want a detailed and objective investigation of plane crash - INTERVIEW
- 18/07/2014 Foreign Ministry calls on the UK authorities to refrain from irrelevant interference in the internal affairs of Azerbaijan
- 18/07/2014 11 Azerbaijani citizens evacuated from Gaza
- 18/07/2014 Malaysian embassy in Azerbaijan to open Memory Book of aircraft crash victims
- 18/07/2014 Azerbaijan - important partner of EU in field of energy, Lithuanian president says
- 18/07/2014 Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Dutch Prime Minister
- 18/07/2014 Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Malaysian Prime Minister
- 18/07/2014 Patterns of residence permit for foreign diplomats acting in Azerbaijan approved
- 17/07/2014 Baku comments on Carl Bildt’s statements regarding Azerbaijan
- 17/07/2014 Azerbaijan APPG member Bob Blackman supports Many Happy Returns campaign
- 17/07/2014 Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova to obtain non-NATO ally status
- 16/07/2014 US Embassy issues statement regarding $2.4m USAID grant for media development in Azerbaijan
- 16/07/2014 President Ilham Aliyev receives outgoing US ambassador