World's oldest person Emma Morano dies at 117
The world's oldest person has died in Italy at the age of 117, APA reports quoting BBC.
Emma Morano was born on 29 November 1899 in the Piedmont region of Italy. She was officially the last person born in the 1800s still living.
She had attributed her longevity to her genetics and a diet of three eggs a day, two of them raw, for 90 years.
Ms Morano died at her home in the northern city of Verbania, local media added. The mayor described her as "extraordinary".
"She had an extraordinary life, and we will always remember her strength to help us move forward in life," Silvia Marchionini said.
Related news releases
- 26.04.2018Poland plans to safeguard Iran nuclear deal during in UNSC – FM
- 26.04.2018Erdogan urges UN to intensify efforts for Syria peace
- 26.04.2018Bidzina Ivanishvili to lead Georgia's ruling party
- 26.04.2018Russia-wary U.S. to press NATO allies to hike military spending
- 26.04.2018Croatian police arrest suspect behind global cyber attack platform
- 26.04.2018European powers say nearing plan to save Iran nuclear pact
- 26.04.2018Turkish solider martyred in PKK terror attack
- 25.04.2018German Chancellor Merkel backs Albania’s EU perspective
- 25.04.2018Macron at odds with Trump agenda during Congress speech
- 24.04.2018PACE 'double standard' for postponed polls: Deputy PM
- 24.04.2018Armored vehicle maker BMC wins Turkish battle tank bid
- 24.04.2018PACE calls on Turkey to ‘postpone’ June 24 snap elections
- 24.04.2018CoE may take action against Russia in event of failure to pay a contribution to the budget
- 23.04.2018OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs release statement on Nagorno-Karabakh
- 23.04.2018Former Georgian defense minister jailed for 9 years
- 22.04.2018Europe not choosing sides in U.S.-China trade dispute
- 22.04.2018Britain's Queen Elizabeth celebrates 92 years with star-studded concert
- 21.04.2018Threat comes from strategic partners: Erdogan
- 21.04.2018Tens of thousands of Hungarians protest against PM Orban's rule
- 21.04.2018MHP chairman says his party's presidential candidate is Erdogan
- 19.04.2018OSCE/ODIHR director urges Armenian authorities to ensure right to freedom of peaceful assembly
- 19.04.2018Deputy Prime Minister: "Turkish State of Emergency to not effect snap elections"
- 19.04.2018PM Kvirikashvili: Ethnic minorities in Georgia should be informed about benefits of NATO integration
- 19.04.2018German leaders to seek waivers from US sanctions on Russia
- 19.04.2018Basque separatist group ETA to be dissolved in May
- 19.04.2018MHP to support Erdogan in snap presidential election
- 18.04.2018Turkey extends state of emergency for 7th time
- 18.04.2018Turkey’s Erdogan announces snap elections on June 24
- 18.04.2018Turkey rejects allegations in EU report
- 17.04.2018US: Plane makes emergency landing after engine failure
- 17.04.2018Turkey to extend state of emergency for 3 more months
- 17.04.2018Turkey's security council advises extending emergency
- 17.04.2018Georgian interior minister: Sustainable economic growth impossible without security
- 17.04.20188 killed in severe road accident in southern Ukraine
- 17.04.2018British PM May defends Syria strikes against parliament critics
- 16.04.2018Erdogan, Merkel discuss Syria over phone
- 16.04.2018Erdogan: West tries to tarnish Islamic world through terrorist organizations
- 16.04.2018Stoltenberg says no other NATO ally suffers as much from terrorist attacks as Turkey
- 16.04.2018Turkey warns Greece over disputed Aegean islets
- 16.04.2018Leader of Georgia’s Girchi Zurab Japaridze says he will run for president in 2018
- 15.04.2017Czech Republic should not accept refugees under EU quotas - Interior Minister
- 16.04.201762 immigrants rescued from dinghy off south coast of Spain
- 17.04.2017Brother Saakashvili deprived of right to permanent residence in Ukraine
- 15.04.2017Ankara slams West's interference in Turkish, Russian affairs as 'disease'
- 15.04.2017At least 9 injured in train accident in Vienna - UPDATED
- 15.04.2017TurkPA observer mission monitors nation-wide referendum in Turkey