US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State visits Georgia
Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Europe and Eurasia Bridget Brink has praised the reforms carried out in Georgia and welcomes the "significant progress” achieved by the country, according to agenda.ge.
The Georgian Government’s press office said that Brink made the remarks as he met with Prime Minister Giorgi Kvirikashvili in Tbilisi today.
The parties discussed the Georgia-US strategic partnership, ongoing reforms in Georgia and Vice President Mike Pence’s visit to the country this August.
Kvirikashvili said that the visit reconfirmed that the US is a firm supporter, committed friend, and reliable partner of Georgia.
The meeting also stressed the progress Georgia has achieved with regards to the European and Euro-Atlantic integration.
Brink confirmed that the US continues to support Georgia’s democratic development, its economic development, defence, and security.
The meeting at the Government Administration was attended by US Ambassador to Georgia Ian Kelly, Deputy Foreign Minister of Georgia David Zalkaliani and Prime Minister’s Adviser for Foreign Affairs Tedo Japaridze.
Related news releases
- 24.11.2017Armed police race to London's Oxford Street after reports of shots fired
- 24.11.2017Cavusoglu: Trump concretely stated they won’t give weapons to YPG
- 24.11.2017Erdogan doesn’t rule out cooperation with Syria’s Assad on YPG issue
- 24.11.2017Georgia plans to produce electric cars
- 24.11.2017The EU may include Armenia on a blacklist
- 24.11.2017Turkey to seek extradition of 45 coup suspects
- 24.11.2017Turkey welcomes EU decision on terror groups
- 23.11.2017German Social Democrats under pressure to form grand coalition
- 23.11.2017NATO chief says drill incident will not happen again
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani President met with President of Ukraine
- 23.11.2017Tbilisi hosts charity event for Azerbaijani children
- 23.11.2017Vatican confirms Pope Francis to see Myanmar army chief
- 23.11.2017French leader calls migrant trade in Libya inhuman
- 23.11.2017Germany's liberal party rejects coalition with Greens
- 23.11.2017Counter-terror cooperation can rebuild Turkey, EU ties
- 22.11.2017Three suspects killed in anti-terrorist operation in Tbilisi
- 22.11.2017Counter-terrorism operation in Tbilisi ends, 3 detained - UPDATED
- 22.11.2017Ratko Mladic sentenced to life in prison for Bosnia genocide
- 22.11.2017French police detain Russian senator in Nice — embassy
- 21.11.2017Georgia will not use military equipment to be purchased from U.S. against any country – deputy minister
- 21.11.2017Turkey not considering severing ties with NATO, says Erdogan’s spokesman
- 21.11.2017Turkish aide calls for investigation of NATO incident
- 20.11.2017Putin, Rouhani may hold talks on sidelines of Russia-Turkey-Iran summit — Kremlin
- 19.11.2017Turkey launches investigation into U.S. prosecutors
- 19.11.2017Several foreign nationals detained in Athens over clashes with police
- 18.11.2017NATO chief once again apologizes to Turkish president
- 18.11.2017Erdogan condemns 'impudence' during NATO drill
- 18.11.2017Airlander 10 'breaks in two' and collapses at Cardington
- 18.11.2017Turkish FM: "Turkey has evidence of US arming terror groups"
- 18.11.2017Turkish court releases 13 suspects in major FETO case
- 17.11.2017Helicopter, aircraft in midair collision, say UK police
- 17.11.2017Daesh car bomb reportedly kills 20 at site for displaced families in East Syria
- 17.11.2017Erdogan meets Afghanistan's Gen. Dostum in Ankara
- 17.11.2017NATO chief Stoltenberg apologizes to Turkey over 'enemy chart' incident in Norway
- 17.11.2017Turkey withdraws troops from NATO drill in Norway
- 17.11.2017Turkey to host Russian, Iranian FMs ahead of Sochi
- 16.11.2017Georgia has centuries-old tradition of tolerance – President Margvelashvili
- 16.11.2017Erdogan visits Turkey's military base in Qatar
- 16.11.2017Turkey: Storm causes severe damage in coastal Antalya
- 16.11.2017Poland slams EU parliament resolution
- 12.09.2017Norway's right-wing government seems set for re-election-projections
- 12.09.2017One million march in Barcelona for Catalan independence
- 12.09.2017Macron's labour reforms face protests across France
- 11.09.2017Georgian foreign minister to visit Armenia
- 10.09.2017About 70 people arrested in UK during protests against major arms fair
- 09.09.2017Erdogan, Trump agree to meet during UN assembly - UPDATED