Turkish president arrives in Kuwait for talks
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan arrived in Kuwait on Tuesday to discuss regional and international developments as well as bilateral relations between Turkey and the Gulf countries, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
Erdogan was welcomed by Kuwaiti First Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Sheikh Sabah al-Khalid al-Hamad Al Sabah.
He was accompanied by a large delegation including his wife, Emine Erdogan, Chief of General Staff Gen. Hulusi Akar, Justice Minister Abdulhamit Gul, Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu, Economy Minister Nihat Zeybekci and Energy Minister Berat Albayrak.
On Monday, Kuwaiti Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs Mohammad Abdullah Al-Mubarak Al-Sabah said Erdogan's visit would provide an opportunity to exchange views on common issues.
According to an announcement by the Turkish presidential press office Saturday, Erdogan will pay an official visit to Russia, Kuwait and Qatar from Nov. 13-15.
Regional and international developments as well as bilateral relations between Turkey and the Gulf countries will be discussed in detail, the statement added.
Turkey backs Qatar in the Gulf crisis that was triggered in June when Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the U.A.E. and Bahrain cut diplomatic and trade ties with Qatar.
The four states accuse Qatar of supporting terrorist groups -- allegations Doha denies, describing the embargo as a breach of its national sovereignty.
Related news releases
- 21.01.2018Key cardinal rebukes pope over abuse comment in rare move
- 21.01.2018Turkish army chief speaks to US, Russian counterparts
- 21.01.2018Turkish ground offensive into Afrin likely to start on Sunday: PM Yıldırım
- 20.01.2018Hotel fire in Prague kills two, injures Dozens
- 20.01.2018Turkey says Afrin operation targets terrorists
- 20.01.2018Erdogan: Ground operation in Syria's Afrin begins
- 20.01.201813 killed, 42 injured in bus accident in Turkey
- 20.01.2018Turkish presidential aide, US adviser discuss terrorism
- 19.01.2018Georgia PM won’t run for president
- 19.01.2018Deadly storm claims 8 lives in Germany
- 19.01.2018Turkey will carry out military operation in Afrin – defense minister
- 19.01.2018Putin takes icy plunge into waters of Lake Seliger
- 19.01.2018Nine dead as huge storms batter Europe
- 19.01.2018Deadly storm Friederike causes Dutch and German transport chaos
- 18.01.2018Turkey extends state of emergency for 3-more months - UPDATED
- 18.01.2018Turkey will take steps in Syrian border region if demands not met: Deputy PM
- 18.01.2018Merkel defends EU-Turkey refugee agreement
- 18.01.2018National Security Council: Formation of terrorist army across Turkish border will not be allowed
- 17.01.2018Three killed in military plane crash in Turkey
- 17.01.2018Czech Parliament will approve new cabinet only without Babis as PM
- 17.01.2018Parliament postponed voting for the law on the Donbass
- 16.01.2018Turkey's Erdogan, NATO chief discuss Syria over phone
- 16.01.2018Terrorists cannot protect NATO borders, says Turkish PM
- 16.01.2018Denmark will increase defense spending to counter Russia: PM
- 16.01.2018Up to 20 injured in Belgium blast
- 16.01.2018Lead singer of The Cranberries dies aged 46 in London
- 16.01.2018Turkish premier talks to Iraqi counterpart over phone
- 15.01.2018Germany's Christian Democrats approve coalition deal
- 15.01.2018US treats Turkey as its ‘enemy’, says PM Yildirim
- 15.01.2018Hotel catches fire in Tbilisi
- 14.01.2018Turkey rejects idea of 'Privileged Partnership' with European Union
- 14.01.2018Dozen of Neo-Nazis arrested over participation in unauthorized rally in Sweden
- 13.01.2018Explosion injures 8 in northern Albania
- 13.01.2018Thousands protest against Austrian government's shift to the right
- 13.01.2018Miloš Zeman leads first round of Czech Republic presidential elections
- 13.01.2018Czech presidential vote sets up Zeman-Drahos second round clash
- 13.01.2018EU to assess Trump statement on Iran
- 13.01.2018Germany to keep seeking full implementation of Iran deal
- 13.01.2018UK police arrest woman at Heathrow Airport on suspicion of terror activity
- 13.01.2018Turkey is much safer than the US: Turkish FM
- 14.11.2017Tbilisi Airport on lockdown after bomb threat received
- 16.11.2017Turkey sends diplomatic note to US over gold trader
- 16.11.2017Poland slams EU parliament resolution
- 14.11.2017EU’s Mogherini calls on Hariri to return to Lebanon
- 13.11.2017EU removes Colombia’s FARC from terrorist groups list
- 13.11.2017New mayor of Georgia’s Rustavi joins city cleaning work on first working day