Turkish Economy Minister: "Ankara wants to remove barriers in Turkish-Russian trade"
Ankara believes that there must be no barriers in Turkish-Russian trade, country’s Minister of Economy Nihat Zeybekci said Thursday, APA reports quoting Sputnik.
“The Russian side wants to stimulate domestic tomato production. But Turkey, as before, does not accept the term 'restrictions' … We believe that there must be no barriers in the trade between [our] two countries. We will wait until late May and then we will strive for the principal agreement,” Zeybekci said, as quoted by the Anadolu news agency.
Zeybekci also pointed out that the ban on the export of Turkish tomatoes to Russia was not the “end of days” for Turkey and added that bilateral trade ties had mostly normalized.
Russia’s food embargo against Turkey was introduced on January 1, 2016, in response to the 2015 downing of a Russian aircraft by Turkey over Syria. In October 2016, the Russian embargo on Turkish stone fruits and citrus fruits was lifted aside from a number of vegetable articles.
Related news releases
- 26.05.2017NATO says it sees stability in South Caucasus as priority
- 26.05.201729 terrorists killed in eastern Turkey
- 26.05.2017Ankara criticizes US resolution over DC clash
- 26.05.2017Manchester police searching house in Wigan after Monday's deadly terror attack
- 26.05.2017Stoltenberg: NATO to become part of US-led coalition against Daesh
- 25.05.2017Former Greek prime minister injured in explosion
- 25.05.2017Turkish FM says it is time for EU to decide on Turkey
- 25.05.2017UK: Additional arrests in bomb investigation
- 25.05.2017Turkey denies restricting Russian agricultural imports
- 24.05.2017Manchester bomber was part of a network: police
- 24.05.2017Counter-terrorism police arrest man at Standsted Airport
- 24.05.2017G7 States to adopt special statement on anti-terror fight after Manchester blast
- 24.05.2017Turkish foreign minister arrives in Rome
- 24.05.2017UK Prime Minister raises terror threat level, says next attack 'imminent'
- 23.05.2017Ethiopian former health minister elected new director general of World Health Organization
- 23.05.2017Erdogan: "Be careful when naming Turkish sports centers"
- 23.05.2017Manchester's Arndale shopping center evacuated, witnesses heard "big bang"
- 23.05.2017Islamic State claims responsibility for Manchester terror attack
- 23.05.2017Children among 22 killed in Manchester Arena attack - UPDATED
- 23.05.2017Theresa May calls Manchester Arena Explosion 'an appalling terrorist attack'
- 22.05.2017Man responsible for killing Russian Su-24 pilot in 2015 sentenced to five years
- 17.05.20172 Turkish ex-generals seeking asylum in Germany
- 17.05.2017European Parliament signs visa liberalization for Ukraine
- 17.05.2017Georgia expresses concern over EU representative’s visit to South Ossetia
- 17.05.2017Next meeting of Turkish, the U.S. Presidents to be held on late of May
- 17.05.2017Non-resettling EU states to face legal challenge
- 16.05.2017325 Georgian ‘thieves in law’ live in post-Soviet territory and EU countries – minister
- 16.05.2017CoE urges Serbia to recognize Srebrenica genocide
- 16.05.2017EU Foreign Ministers support continuation of anti-Russian sanctions
- 16.05.2017Merkel, new French President Macron agree to 'work closely together'
- 16.05.2017Turkish PM: EU 'has become a very bureaucratic state'
- 15.05.2017France's Macron names Republican Philippe as PM
- 15.05.2017Merkel: Germany will move its soldiers if Turkey refuses lawmaker visit
- 14.05.2017Death toll of plane accident in BiH rises to 5
- 14.05.2017Erdogan praises role of mothers in shaping societies
- 14.05.2017Four dead, five injured as Greek train derails, slams into home - UPDATED
- 14.05.2017At least 10 injured in Greek train derailment
- 12.05.20173 PKK terrorists killed in southeastern Turkey
- 11.05.2017Majority of EU citizens consider Bloc's actions on migration 'inadequate'
- 11.05.2017Turkish, US delegations hold surprise Gulen talks
- 18.05.2017Turkish president: "Turkey to take part in new balance of power"
- 18.05.2017Greek police fire teargas at protesters outside parliament
- 21.05.2017Norway to boost protection of Arctic seed vault from climate change
- 18.05.20176 PKK terrorists killed in airstrike in SE Turkey
- 18.05.2017'Unacceptable preconditions cannot solve Cyprus issue'
- 18.05.2017Irish PM Kenny steps down as party leader