Turkey: US decision on Iran deal to cause instability
Unilateral U.S. withdrawal from the Iran nuclear deal is a decision that will cause instability and new conflicts, said the Turkish presidential aide on Tuesday, APA reports quoting Anadolu agency.
Presidential spokesman Ibrahim Kalin said on his Twitter account the multilateral agreement would remain in place thanks to the other countries' participation.
“Turkey will maintain its resolute stance against all forms of nuclear weapons,” he added.
Bucking pressure from the U.S.'s closest European allies, President Donald Trump withdrew the U.S. Tuesday from its participation in the landmark nuclear agreement world powers struck with Iran in 2015.
Trump opted not to extend sanctions relief on Iran ahead of a May 12 deadline, vowing instead to re-impose nuclear-related economic penalties.
The 2015 nuclear agreement placed unprecedented restrictions on Iran's nuclear program in exchange for billions of dollars in relief from international sanctions, but Trump has consistently railed against it since he began his bid for America's highest office, repeatedly claiming it is the "worst deal" he has ever seen.
All of the U.S.'s negotiating partners -- the U.K., France, Germany, Russia, China and the EU -- had agreed that maintaining the accord was the best way to reign in Iran's program.
Related news releases
- 26.05.2018Ireland votes in support of repealing anti-abortion law
- 26.05.2018Turkish president urges citizens to convert dollar to national Lira
- 26.05.2018Poland says EU needs more 'empathy' toward U.S. over Iran deal
- 26.05.2018Turkish, US officials outline roadmap for Manbij, Syria
- 25.05.2018Macron: US embassy relocation to Jerusalem was a ‘wrong step’
- 25.05.2018Tbilisi’s Rose Revolution square, Mirhasan Vazirov st. renamed
- 25.05.2018France would like Russia to remain in Council of Europe – Macron
- 24.05.2018Putin, Macron discuss US withdrawal from Iran nuclear deal
- 24.05.2018Britain disappointed after Trump cancels North Korea summit: UK PM May
- 24.05.2018Turkey slams French magazine slandering Erdogan
- 24.05.2018Train derailment in northern Italy kills 2, over a dozen Injured
- 23.05.2018Turkey has means to curtail currency shifts: President
- 23.05.2018Yulia Skripal - Attempted assassination turned my world upside down
- 22.05.2018UK calls refusal from Iran nuclear deal catastrophe
- 22.05.2018UK Foreign Secretary remarks effectiveness of US Sanctions against Russia
- 22.05.2018German foreign minister says to meet with Pompeo over Iran deal
- 22.05.2018Pentagon warns of taking necessary steps against Iran
- 22.05.2018Erdogan: Turkey to not give up on Jerusalem
- 21.05.2018PKK terrorists on wanted list killed in eastern Turkey
- 20.05.2018EU, Iran agree on holding high-level seminar on nuclear cooperation in November
- 19.05.2018EU Commission says lenders reach deal with Greece on reforms
- 19.05.2018Marseille train station evacuated after detention of suspicious man
- 19.05.2018Threats against Erdogan not new, says Turkish deputy PM
- 19.05.20185 terrorists neutralized in eastern Turkey
- 19.05.2018Berlusconi says ready to become new Italian head of government
- 19.05.2018Turkey's Erdogan says to raise Gaza violence at U.N. General Assembly
- 18.05.2018Sergei Skripal discharged from Salisbury District Hospital
- 18.05.2018Turkey prosecutors ask parliament to lift immunity of lawmaker Garo Paylan
- 17.05.2018NATO Military Committee meeting ends in Brussels
- 17.05.2018Egypt's Sisi says U.S. Embassy move to Jerusalem causes instability
- 16.05.2018Brussels, Tehran aim to preserve Iran nuclear Deal
- 15.05.2018Scottish parliament votes against giving consent to UK's EU withdrawal bill
- 15.05.2018France's Macron tells Netanyahu Palestinians have right to protest peacefully
- 15.05.2018Turkey declares 3 days of mourning over Gaza violence
- 14.05.2018Azerbaijani-medium school restored in Georgia
- 13.05.2018About 5,000 people gather in Bucharest for anti-government rally
- 13.05.2018Macron firm after Paris stabbing claimed by IS
- 13.05.2018Albanian ex-minister to face drug trafficking charges
- 13.05.2018Paris Stabbing Attack Leaves 2 Persons Dead, 8 Injured - UPDATED
- 12.05.2018Protests in Georgia after police raid Tbilisi nightclubs Bassiani and Café Gallery
- 09.05.2018Russian Ambassador to Portugal dies suddenly
- 09.05.2018U.S. to lose after opting out of Iran nuclear deal, Erdoğan says
- 09.05.2018Europe has limited opportunity to preserve nuclear deal, Rouhani tells Macron
- 08.05.2018Trump did not inform Macron of plans for Iran deal - French president's office
- 08.05.2018UK's Johnson to Trump: Iran deal has weaknesses but don't dump it
- 08.05.2018Germany, France reiterate commitment to Iran nuke deal