Tomb of great hunnic leader Atilla discovered in Hungary's capital
The analysis of the monument revealed that it was the burial chamber of a great hunnic leader, most likely that of King Attila himself, APA reports quoting World News.
“This site is absolutely incredible!” explains Albrecht Rümschtein, an historian from the Lorand Eötvös University in Budapest and member of the team of specialists investigating the tomb. “We found many horse skeletons, as well as various weapons and other artefacts, all traditionally associated with Huns. These objects include a large sword made of meteoric iron, which could certainly be Attila’s legendary “Holy War Sword of the Scythians”, allegedly given to him by the god Mars himself.
The discovery of this funerary site could bring many clarifications concerning the origins and identity of the hunnic people and of Attila himself, which have both been sources of debate for centuries.
Nicknamed “the scourge of God” by roman historians, Attila was the ruler of the Huns, a nomadic people originating possibly from Central Asia.
Related news releases
- 26.09.2016Police say man opens fire, injuring two, near supermarket west of Paris
- 26.09.2016At least 10 Turkish troops killed in PKK attacks
- 25.09.2016Hollande vows to tear down notorious Calais refugee camp
- 25.09.2016Massive explosion rocks crowded street in Budapest injuring two police officers
- 24.09.2016Turkish vessel sinks off Sicily coast, 16 crew members rescued
- 24.09.2016EU to Create New Office to Return Undocumented Migrants - Commissioner
- 24.09.2016Video emerges of N Carolina shooting - VİDEO
- 24.09.2016Hungary PM says Europe should process refugees in Libya
- 23.09.2016Dutch Air Force Commander: More virtual training needed on F-35s
- 23.09.2016Erdogan urges cooperation with US to 'finish off İSİS'
- 23.09.2016Turkey wants to bring cooperation with Russia to higher than pre-crisis level
- 22.09.2016Rocket fired from Syria lands in southern Turkey, six injuries
- 22.09.20162 PKK terrorists killed in operation in eastern Turkey
- 22.09.2016Village guard martyred in southeast Turkey
- 22.09.2016Greece to House Refugees on Ferries Following Massive Fire at Moria Camp
- 22.09.2016Russian, Turkish leaders discuss Syria, bilateral ties
- 22.09.2016Turkish army destroys 103 Daesh targets in north Syria
- 21.09.2016Assailant prevented from breaking into Israeli embassy in Ankara
- 21.09.2016Erdogan slams EU’s failure to keep promises to Turkey
- 21.09.2016Turkish President urges world leaders to immediately take all necessary steps against FETO
- 20.09.2016Turkish president: " West may not, but we will keep on admitting Syrian refugees"
- 20.09.2016Turkish FM: "Turkey continues to support Syria truce"
- 20.09.2016EU to slap sanctions on ISIS, al-Qaeda
- 20.09.2016German economic growth to slow down in Q3: central bank
- 20.09.20162 Italians, Canadian abducted by gunmen in S. Libya
- 20.09.2016Juncker needs no protection from tough questions, EU says
- 17.09.2016Protests in Germany against transatlantic TTIP and CETA trade deals
- 17.09.2016Two soldiers killed, four wounded in clashes with PKK in Turkey
- 17.09.2016Bratislava summit shows Europe can move forward, Hollande says
- 17.09.2016Hungarian PM says EU migrant policy self-destructive, Germany should cap numbers
- 17.09.2016Merkel says EU reform agenda from Bratislava a first but key step
- 16.09.2016Ex-Italian president Carlo Azeglio Ciampi dead at 95
- 16.09.20169 killed in PKK attack in eastern Turkey
- 16.09.2016Over 60 Protesters Against Labor Bill Arrested in France
- 16.09.2016Catalonia's Altafaj urges EU to apply pressure on Spain to open dialog
- 15.09.2016Merkel, Hollande in crisis talks ahead of crucial EU Summit in Slovakia
- 15.09.2016Donald Trump is a problem for whole world, EU's Schulz says
- 15.09.2016EU renews Ukraine-related sanctions
- 15.09.2016French police arrest another teenager suspected of plotting attack
- 15.09.2016Turkish army hits Daesh position in northern Syria
- 27.03.2014Turkey blocks access to YouTube
- 28.03.2014EU to review energy policy: Merkel
- 28.03.2014People in Rome protest against Obama visit to Italy
- 27.03.2014Barack Obama: “The Russian people will recognize that they cannot achieve the security, prosperity and the status that they seek through brute force”
- 27.03.2014Amsterdam museum uncertain where to send back exhibits from Crimean museums
- 27.03.2014Britain, China sign yuan trading deal