German FM criticizes Angela Merkel for blind obedience of the USA concerning arms
German Chancellor Angela Merkel and her political block mistakenly submit to requirements of the American administration concerning arms, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Germany Sigmar Gabriel said it in an interview which has been published on Saturday in the newspaper, APA reports quoting DW.
"I am frightened by blind obedience from the The Christian Democratic Union and The Christian Social Union of HDSHSS concerning arms. Merkel, CDUCSU and even, to my horror, the Free Democratic Party, submit to Donald Trump's requirements. He demands from us to double the defensive budget to € one billion", - he said.
The minister noted that it is simply unimaginable: "Merkel, most likely, thinks that if she meets requirements of Trump on this matter, he will show flexibility on какойлибо to other subject. I think, it is a big mistake, he has told. Gabriel has warned that Germany is in the center of Cold War., and the world at the same time stays on a threshold of a new phase of atomic arms".
"Trump demands from the countries of NATO to bring contributions to defensive budgets to level in GDP and refers at the same time to the agreements reached at the summit of alliance in Wales" - he emphasized.
Gabriel in return repeatedly specified that only readiness to move in the direction of GDP is stated in this document, but there is no tough coordination to this size there.
Related news releases
- 22.06.2018Erdogan sheds light on Turkey’s new presidential system
- 22.06.2018Pompeo plans North Korea meeting at 'earliest possible date': U.S. spokeswoman
- 22.06.2018Turkish soldier succumbs to injuries
- 21.06.2018Man arrested in Germany was planning biological terror attack
- 20.06.2018EU to launch counter-tariffs against US on Friday
- 20.06.2018Merkel seeks refugee deal with EU partners
- 20.06.2018Merkel to Trump: Falling German crime stats 'speak for themselves'
- 20.06.2018'Minor Explosion' at UK Train Station spurs evacuation - UPDATED
- 20.06.2018France to lead joint fighter jet program with Germany
- 19.06.2018France, Germany vow to boost EU defense and security
- 19.06.2018Turkish deputy PM: We will definitely take F-35s
- 19.06.2018Turkish soldier martyred in bomb attack in SE Turkey
- 19.06.2018Turkey: 45 injured in bus crash
- 19.06.2018One killed, four injured in Malmo shooting: Swedish police - UPDATED
- 18.06.2018Candidate for Georgian premiership says number of ministries will decrease
- 18.06.2018EU extends sanctions against Russia for a year over Crimea
- 17.06.2018Turkey set to create own Antarctic research station next year — president
- 17.06.2018Protesters demand justice for Grenfell in London
- 17.06.2018OPEC+ to discuss production increase of 1.5 mln barrels only for Q3 — Russian minister
- 17.06.20186 arrested, 200 kg narcotics seized by Albanian police
- 16.06.2018Erdogan vows improved animal protection laws post polls
- 16.06.2018US soldier gets decked in face in drunken fistfight with Azerbaijanis in Lithuania
- 16.06.2018France's Macron looks for common ground with Italy on immigration debate
- 16.06.2018Turkish, Qatari leaders discuss Palestine over phone
- 15.06.2018Greece, Macedonia to sign name change accord June 17: Greek ministry
- 15.06.2018Police chief of Georgia’s Adjara region murdered
- 15.06.2018Turkish PM says state of emergency to be lifted
- 14.06.2018Turkish PM says armed attackers in southeastern Turkey are PKK supporters
- 14.06.2018France is ready to accept migrants from Aquarius Ship amid standoff with Italy - UPDATED
- 14.06.2018Armed attack on campaigning AK Party members in SE Turkey leaves 3 dead, 8 injured - UPDATED
- 14.06.2018Mamuka Bakhtadze nominated as Georgian PM
- 14.06.2018Turkish jets ‘neutralize’ 3 PKK terrorists in N. Iraq
- 13.06.2018Macedonia president says won't approve name deal with Greece
- 13.06.2018Georgian PM resigns
- 13.06.2018Mogherini: EU to present proposals on security following Salisbury incident
- 13.06.2018Germany's Merkel calls for common EU refugee policy
- 13.06.2018Tesla cuts 9 percent of workforce in search for profit
- 12.06.2018Man arrested after hostage incident in Paris - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Turkish president: "We didn’t buy S-400 to keep them in store, will use if needed"
- 12.06.2018Greece, Macedonia resolving long-standing name row
- 29.08.2017Merkel, Macron urge Russia, Ukraine to step up peace efforts
- 29.08.2017Sweden Declares Crackdown on Fake News - Finance Minister
- 30.08.2017Turkish judge adjourns trial of Erdogan 'assassins'
- 27.08.2017UK Police: Terrorists may break into parliament in less than 5 minutes
- 26.08.2017France to grant 430-mln-euro loan to Iraq in 2017
- 26.08.2017Belgian soldiers shoot dead knife attacker in Brussels