German FM criticizes Angela Merkel for blind obedience of the USA concerning arms
German Chancellor Angela Merkel and her political block mistakenly submit to requirements of the American administration concerning arms, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Germany Sigmar Gabriel said it in an interview which has been published on Saturday in the newspaper, APA reports quoting DW.
"I am frightened by blind obedience from the The Christian Democratic Union and The Christian Social Union of HDSHSS concerning arms. Merkel, CDUCSU and even, to my horror, the Free Democratic Party, submit to Donald Trump's requirements. He demands from us to double the defensive budget to € one billion", - he said.
The minister noted that it is simply unimaginable: "Merkel, most likely, thinks that if she meets requirements of Trump on this matter, he will show flexibility on какойлибо to other subject. I think, it is a big mistake, he has told. Gabriel has warned that Germany is in the center of Cold War., and the world at the same time stays on a threshold of a new phase of atomic arms".
"Trump demands from the countries of NATO to bring contributions to defensive budgets to level in GDP and refers at the same time to the agreements reached at the summit of alliance in Wales" - he emphasized.
Gabriel in return repeatedly specified that only readiness to move in the direction of GDP is stated in this document, but there is no tough coordination to this size there.
Related news releases
- 22.11.2017Counter-terrorism operation is being conducted in Tbilisi, shooting and explosions are heard
- 22.11.2017French police detain Russian senator in Nice — embassy
- 21.11.2017Georgia will not use military equipment to be purchased from U.S. against any country – deputy minister
- 21.11.2017Turkey not considering severing ties with NATO, says Erdogan’s spokesman
- 21.11.2017Turkish aide calls for investigation of NATO incident
- 20.11.2017Putin, Rouhani may hold talks on sidelines of Russia-Turkey-Iran summit — Kremlin
- 19.11.2017Turkey launches investigation into U.S. prosecutors
- 19.11.2017Several foreign nationals detained in Athens over clashes with police
- 18.11.2017NATO chief once again apologizes to Turkish president
- 18.11.2017Erdogan condemns 'impudence' during NATO drill
- 18.11.2017Airlander 10 'breaks in two' and collapses at Cardington
- 18.11.2017Turkish FM: "Turkey has evidence of US arming terror groups"
- 18.11.2017Turkish court releases 13 suspects in major FETO case
- 17.11.2017Helicopter, aircraft in midair collision, say UK police
- 17.11.2017Daesh car bomb reportedly kills 20 at site for displaced families in East Syria
- 17.11.2017Erdogan meets Afghanistan's Gen. Dostum in Ankara
- 17.11.2017NATO chief Stoltenberg apologizes to Turkey over 'enemy chart' incident in Norway
- 17.11.2017Turkey withdraws troops from NATO drill in Norway
- 17.11.2017Turkey to host Russian, Iranian FMs ahead of Sochi
- 16.11.2017Georgia has centuries-old tradition of tolerance – President Margvelashvili
- 16.11.2017Erdogan visits Turkey's military base in Qatar
- 16.11.2017Turkey: Storm causes severe damage in coastal Antalya
- 16.11.2017Poland slams EU parliament resolution
- 16.11.2017Turkey sends diplomatic note to US over gold trader
- 14.11.2017Tbilisi Airport on lockdown after bomb threat received
- 14.11.2017Turkish president arrives in Kuwait for talks
- 14.11.2017EU’s Mogherini calls on Hariri to return to Lebanon
- 13.11.2017EU removes Colombia’s FARC from terrorist groups list
- 13.11.2017New mayor of Georgia’s Rustavi joins city cleaning work on first working day
- 13.11.2017Kakha Kaladze assumes duties as Tbilisi mayor
- 12.11.2017Turkey says purchase of S-400 from Russia 'completed'
- 11.11.2017Turkey puts in great effort for peace in region: Min.
- 11.11.2017Six Daesh suspects arrested in Istanbul
- 11.11.2017Croatia government survives no-confidence vote over Agrokor debt crisis
- 10.11.2017Catalan parliament speaker released from Spanish jail
- 10.11.2017More than 100 PKK terrorists killed in 1 week in Turkey
- 10.11.2017Car rams into crowd near school in Southern France
- 10.11.2017Spanish Supreme Court frees Catalan parliament speaker on bail
- 10.11.2017UK's May picks Brexiteer to replace scandal-hit aid minister
- 09.11.2017Albania issues arrest warrant for FETO fugitive
- 29.08.2017Merkel, Macron urge Russia, Ukraine to step up peace efforts
- 29.08.2017Sweden Declares Crackdown on Fake News - Finance Minister
- 30.08.2017Turkish judge adjourns trial of Erdogan 'assassins'
- 27.08.2017UK Police: Terrorists may break into parliament in less than 5 minutes
- 26.08.2017France to grant 430-mln-euro loan to Iraq in 2017
- 26.08.2017Belgian soldiers shoot dead knife attacker in Brussels