Georgian CEC: Police haven’t gone into polling stations in Marneuli - UPDATED
The special police force deployed in Georgia’s Marneuli district have been placed in the district police department.
According to APA's local bureau, the Georgian Interior Ministry has reported that additional police forces stand ready to respond to any tension that might arise in the country.
"In addition, regular rotation is being carried out to ensure that every police officer joins the election. We urge not to interpret the deployment of additional police forces," the Interior Ministry said.
Commenting on the voting process in Marneuli, Georgia's CEC spokesperson, Ana Mikeladze, said the elections went quietly in the district, adding that the police have not gone into the polling stations in the district.
Special police have deployed in Georgia’s predominantly-Azerbaijani district of Marneuli.
Local residents told APA's Georgian bureau that two buses carrying special forces are already in the district center.
Additional police forces are deployed in Marneuli to prevent possible tension in connection with the ongoing elections.
- 18.06.2018Candidate for Georgian premiership says number of ministries will decrease
- 18.06.2018EU extends sanctions against Russia for a year over Crimea
- 17.06.2018Turkey set to create own Antarctic research station next year — president
- 17.06.2018Protesters demand justice for Grenfell in London
- 17.06.2018OPEC+ to discuss production increase of 1.5 mln barrels only for Q3 — Russian minister
- 17.06.20186 arrested, 200 kg narcotics seized by Albanian police
- 16.06.2018Erdogan vows improved animal protection laws post polls
- 16.06.2018US soldier gets decked in face in drunken fistfight with Azerbaijanis in Lithuania
- 16.06.2018France's Macron looks for common ground with Italy on immigration debate
- 16.06.2018Turkish, Qatari leaders discuss Palestine over phone
- 15.06.2018Greece, Macedonia to sign name change accord June 17: Greek ministry
- 15.06.2018Police chief of Georgia’s Adjara region murdered
- 15.06.2018Turkish PM says state of emergency to be lifted
- 14.06.2018Turkish PM says armed attackers in southeastern Turkey are PKK supporters
- 14.06.2018France is ready to accept migrants from Aquarius Ship amid standoff with Italy - UPDATED
- 14.06.2018Armed attack on campaigning AK Party members in SE Turkey leaves 3 dead, 8 injured - UPDATED
- 14.06.2018Mamuka Bakhtadze nominated as Georgian PM
- 14.06.2018Turkish jets ‘neutralize’ 3 PKK terrorists in N. Iraq
- 13.06.2018Macedonia president says won't approve name deal with Greece
- 13.06.2018Georgian PM resigns
- 13.06.2018Mogherini: EU to present proposals on security following Salisbury incident
- 13.06.2018Germany's Merkel calls for common EU refugee policy
- 13.06.2018Tesla cuts 9 percent of workforce in search for profit
- 12.06.2018Man arrested after hostage incident in Paris - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Turkish president: "We didn’t buy S-400 to keep them in store, will use if needed"
- 12.06.2018Greece, Macedonia resolving long-standing name row
- 12.06.2018Armed man holed up with hostages in Paris, police deployed to the scene
- 12.06.2018IMF will remain engaged in Greece, Lagarde says
- 10.06.2018Erdogan slams Austria for shutting mosques
- 09.06.2018Russia’s return to G7 requires implementation of Minsk Agreements — Merkel
- 09.06.2018Merkel says differences on trade remain despite joint G7 communique
- 09.06.2018Arab leaders to hold meeting with King Abdullah over Jordan crisis
- 09.06.2018Bomb kills one and wounds 14 in Iraq's Kirkuk
- 09.06.2018UK: Boris Johnson's Brexit remarks cause controversy
- 08.06.2018Three tourists die in Georgia rafting accident
- 08.06.2018Russian, US military leaders to meet in Helsinki
- 08.06.2018Vienna to host possible meeting between Putin and Trump
- 08.06.2018Erdogan hints at lifting state of emergency after polls
- 08.06.2018NATO, EU welcome Afghanistan’s ceasefire announcement
- 08.06.2018IAEA might resume inspections in North Korea after political solution found — diplomat
- 21.10.2017Georgian opposition accuses government of creating tension in Marneuli
- 21.10.2017Billionaire candidate wins Czech election
- 21.10.2017Voting in elections to local self-governmet of Georgia is over
- 21.10.2017Catalan independence: Spain pushes to remove leaders
- 21.10.2017Georgian parliamentary committee chairman: Attempts being made to cause unrest in Marneuli
- 21.10.2017Georgia elections: High voter turnout in Azerbaijani-populated region as of 12:00 AM