Georgian CEC: Police haven’t gone into polling stations in Marneuli - UPDATED
The special police force deployed in Georgia’s Marneuli district have been placed in the district police department.
According to APA's local bureau, the Georgian Interior Ministry has reported that additional police forces stand ready to respond to any tension that might arise in the country.
"In addition, regular rotation is being carried out to ensure that every police officer joins the election. We urge not to interpret the deployment of additional police forces," the Interior Ministry said.
Commenting on the voting process in Marneuli, Georgia's CEC spokesperson, Ana Mikeladze, said the elections went quietly in the district, adding that the police have not gone into the polling stations in the district.
Special police have deployed in Georgia’s predominantly-Azerbaijani district of Marneuli.
Local residents told APA's Georgian bureau that two buses carrying special forces are already in the district center.
Additional police forces are deployed in Marneuli to prevent possible tension in connection with the ongoing elections.
- 21.11.2017Turkish aide calls for investigation of NATO incident
- 20.11.2017Putin, Rouhani may hold talks on sidelines of Russia-Turkey-Iran summit — Kremlin
- 19.11.2017Turkey launches investigation into U.S. prosecutors
- 19.11.2017Several foreign nationals detained in Athens over clashes with police
- 18.11.2017NATO chief once again apologizes to Turkish president
- 18.11.2017Erdogan condemns 'impudence' during NATO drill
- 18.11.2017Airlander 10 'breaks in two' and collapses at Cardington
- 18.11.2017Turkish FM: "Turkey has evidence of US arming terror groups"
- 18.11.2017Turkish court releases 13 suspects in major FETO case
- 17.11.2017Helicopter, aircraft in midair collision, say UK police
- 17.11.2017Daesh car bomb reportedly kills 20 at site for displaced families in East Syria
- 17.11.2017Erdogan meets Afghanistan's Gen. Dostum in Ankara
- 17.11.2017NATO chief Stoltenberg apologizes to Turkey over 'enemy chart' incident in Norway
- 17.11.2017Turkey withdraws troops from NATO drill in Norway
- 17.11.2017Turkey to host Russian, Iranian FMs ahead of Sochi
- 16.11.2017Georgia has centuries-old tradition of tolerance – President Margvelashvili
- 16.11.2017Erdogan visits Turkey's military base in Qatar
- 16.11.2017Turkey: Storm causes severe damage in coastal Antalya
- 16.11.2017Poland slams EU parliament resolution
- 16.11.2017Turkey sends diplomatic note to US over gold trader
- 14.11.2017Tbilisi Airport on lockdown after bomb threat received
- 14.11.2017Turkish president arrives in Kuwait for talks
- 14.11.2017EU’s Mogherini calls on Hariri to return to Lebanon
- 13.11.2017EU removes Colombia’s FARC from terrorist groups list
- 13.11.2017New mayor of Georgia’s Rustavi joins city cleaning work on first working day
- 13.11.2017Kakha Kaladze assumes duties as Tbilisi mayor
- 12.11.2017Turkey says purchase of S-400 from Russia 'completed'
- 11.11.2017Turkey puts in great effort for peace in region: Min.
- 11.11.2017Six Daesh suspects arrested in Istanbul
- 11.11.2017Croatia government survives no-confidence vote over Agrokor debt crisis
- 10.11.2017Catalan parliament speaker released from Spanish jail
- 10.11.2017More than 100 PKK terrorists killed in 1 week in Turkey
- 10.11.2017Car rams into crowd near school in Southern France
- 10.11.2017Spanish Supreme Court frees Catalan parliament speaker on bail
- 10.11.2017UK's May picks Brexiteer to replace scandal-hit aid minister
- 09.11.2017Albania issues arrest warrant for FETO fugitive
- 09.11.2017OSCE PA President steps down, Vice-President to serve as President
- 09.11.2017French president not ruling out sanctions over Iran's ballistic missile program
- 09.11.2017Serbia summons envoy to Ukraine for consultations
- 09.11.2017British aid minister Patel resigns in new test for PM May
- 21.10.2017Georgian opposition accuses government of creating tension in Marneuli
- 21.10.2017Billionaire candidate wins Czech election
- 21.10.2017Voting in elections to local self-governmet of Georgia is over
- 21.10.2017Catalan independence: Spain pushes to remove leaders
- 21.10.2017Georgian parliamentary committee chairman: Attempts being made to cause unrest in Marneuli
- 21.10.2017Georgia elections: High voter turnout in Azerbaijani-populated region as of 12:00 AM