Saakashvili announced on December 3, a “people’s impeachment”
Former President of Georgia and leader of the new forces movement, Mikhail Saakashvili, offered from December 3 to start people’s impeachment, in the case that the Verkhovna Rada will not vote for the creation of an anti-corruption court and the lifting of parliamentary immunity. He said this from the stage at Constitution square in Kyiv, APA reports quoting Ukrain media.
“If they do not vote, I propose from December 3 to start people’s impeachment”, – Saakashvili said.
He advocates that until December 3, the Verkhovna Rada considered the bill on the lifting of parliamentary immunity and the establishment of the Anticorruption court.
What is meant by a “people’s impeachment”, Saakashvili explained.
At the same time he stressed that Ukraine does not need a new revolution.
Recall that Mikhail Saakashvili received the document allowing him to stay legally on the territory of Ukraine.
Related news releases
- 24.11.2017The EU may include Armenia on a blacklist
- 24.11.2017Turkey to seek extradition of 45 coup suspects
- 24.11.2017Turkey welcomes EU decision on terror groups
- 23.11.2017German Social Democrats under pressure to form grand coalition
- 23.11.2017NATO chief says drill incident will not happen again
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani President met with President of Ukraine
- 23.11.2017Tbilisi hosts charity event for Azerbaijani children
- 23.11.2017Vatican confirms Pope Francis to see Myanmar army chief
- 23.11.2017French leader calls migrant trade in Libya inhuman
- 23.11.2017Germany's liberal party rejects coalition with Greens
- 23.11.2017Counter-terror cooperation can rebuild Turkey, EU ties
- 22.11.2017Three suspects killed in anti-terrorist operation in Tbilisi
- 22.11.2017Counter-terrorism operation in Tbilisi ends, 3 detained - UPDATED
- 22.11.2017Ratko Mladic sentenced to life in prison for Bosnia genocide
- 22.11.2017French police detain Russian senator in Nice — embassy
- 21.11.2017Georgia will not use military equipment to be purchased from U.S. against any country – deputy minister
- 21.11.2017Turkey not considering severing ties with NATO, says Erdogan’s spokesman
- 21.11.2017Turkish aide calls for investigation of NATO incident
- 20.11.2017Putin, Rouhani may hold talks on sidelines of Russia-Turkey-Iran summit — Kremlin
- 19.11.2017Turkey launches investigation into U.S. prosecutors
- 19.11.2017Several foreign nationals detained in Athens over clashes with police
- 18.11.2017NATO chief once again apologizes to Turkish president
- 18.11.2017Erdogan condemns 'impudence' during NATO drill
- 18.11.2017Airlander 10 'breaks in two' and collapses at Cardington
- 18.11.2017Turkish FM: "Turkey has evidence of US arming terror groups"
- 18.11.2017Turkish court releases 13 suspects in major FETO case
- 17.11.2017Helicopter, aircraft in midair collision, say UK police
- 17.11.2017Daesh car bomb reportedly kills 20 at site for displaced families in East Syria
- 17.11.2017Erdogan meets Afghanistan's Gen. Dostum in Ankara
- 17.11.2017NATO chief Stoltenberg apologizes to Turkey over 'enemy chart' incident in Norway
- 17.11.2017Turkey withdraws troops from NATO drill in Norway
- 17.11.2017Turkey to host Russian, Iranian FMs ahead of Sochi
- 16.11.2017Georgia has centuries-old tradition of tolerance – President Margvelashvili
- 16.11.2017Erdogan visits Turkey's military base in Qatar
- 16.11.2017Turkey: Storm causes severe damage in coastal Antalya
- 16.11.2017Poland slams EU parliament resolution
- 16.11.2017Turkey sends diplomatic note to US over gold trader
- 14.11.2017Tbilisi Airport on lockdown after bomb threat received
- 14.11.2017Turkish president arrives in Kuwait for talks
- 14.11.2017EU’s Mogherini calls on Hariri to return to Lebanon
- 08.11.2017Catalan secessionist parties fail to agree on unity ticket for December vote
- 08.11.2017Turkey, US discuss mutual legal assistance
- 08.11.2017Catalonia crisis: Spain could allow referendums, says FM
- 07.11.2017Marneuli new head executive to take office on November 12
- 06.11.2017Turkey arrests 29 terror suspects
- 05.11.2017Poroshenko, Tillerson discuss UN International Mission deployment in Donbass