Putin, Macron reaffirm support of Iran nuclear deal in phone talks
Russian President Vladimir Putin and French President Emmanuel Macron reaffirmed their support of the implementation of the Iran nuclear deal during phone talks on Thursday, the Kremlin's press service said, APA reports quotig Sputnik.
"Vladimir Putin informed Macron about the results of his trip to Iran. In this context, the leaders spoke in favor of a thorough implementation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action to resolve the situation around the Iranian nuclear program, stressing the inadmissibility of a unilateral revision of this crucial agreement" the press service said in a statement.
Earlier, US President Donald Trump refused to officially confirm to the US Congress that Iran is in compliance with the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (commonly referred to as "Iran nuclear deal").
Every other party to the P5+1 group that brokered the historic deal in 2015 remains committed to the deal, which stipulates the gradual lifting nuclear-related sanctions imposed on Tehran in exchange for assurances that its nuclear program would remain peaceful. EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini said earlier that the EU is committed to the continued full and effective implementation of all parts of the JCPOA. German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel also said that Berlin would try to persuade the US Congress to keep the deal.
Related news releases
- 19.11.2017Turkey launches investigation into U.S. prosecutors
- 19.11.2017Several foreign nationals detained in Athens over clashes with police
- 18.11.2017NATO chief once again apologizes to Turkish president
- 18.11.2017Erdogan condemns 'impudence' during NATO drill
- 18.11.2017Airlander 10 'breaks in two' and collapses at Cardington
- 18.11.2017Turkish FM: "Turkey has evidence of US arming terror groups"
- 18.11.2017Turkish court releases 13 suspects in major FETO case
- 17.11.2017Helicopter, aircraft in midair collision, say UK police
- 17.11.2017Daesh car bomb reportedly kills 20 at site for displaced families in East Syria
- 17.11.2017Erdogan meets Afghanistan's Gen. Dostum in Ankara
- 17.11.2017NATO chief Stoltenberg apologizes to Turkey over 'enemy chart' incident in Norway
- 17.11.2017Turkey withdraws troops from NATO drill in Norway
- 17.11.2017Turkey to host Russian, Iranian FMs ahead of Sochi
- 16.11.2017Georgia has centuries-old tradition of tolerance – President Margvelashvili
- 16.11.2017Erdogan visits Turkey's military base in Qatar
- 16.11.2017Turkey: Storm causes severe damage in coastal Antalya
- 16.11.2017Poland slams EU parliament resolution
- 16.11.2017Turkey sends diplomatic note to US over gold trader
- 14.11.2017Tbilisi Airport on lockdown after bomb threat received
- 14.11.2017Turkish president arrives in Kuwait for talks
- 14.11.2017EU’s Mogherini calls on Hariri to return to Lebanon
- 13.11.2017EU removes Colombia’s FARC from terrorist groups list
- 13.11.2017New mayor of Georgia’s Rustavi joins city cleaning work on first working day
- 13.11.2017Kakha Kaladze assumes duties as Tbilisi mayor
- 12.11.2017Turkey says purchase of S-400 from Russia 'completed'
- 11.11.2017Turkey puts in great effort for peace in region: Min.
- 11.11.2017Six Daesh suspects arrested in Istanbul
- 11.11.2017Croatia government survives no-confidence vote over Agrokor debt crisis
- 10.11.2017Catalan parliament speaker released from Spanish jail
- 10.11.2017More than 100 PKK terrorists killed in 1 week in Turkey
- 10.11.2017Car rams into crowd near school in Southern France
- 10.11.2017Spanish Supreme Court frees Catalan parliament speaker on bail
- 10.11.2017UK's May picks Brexiteer to replace scandal-hit aid minister
- 09.11.2017Albania issues arrest warrant for FETO fugitive
- 09.11.2017OSCE PA President steps down, Vice-President to serve as President
- 09.11.2017French president not ruling out sanctions over Iran's ballistic missile program
- 09.11.2017Serbia summons envoy to Ukraine for consultations
- 09.11.2017British aid minister Patel resigns in new test for PM May
- 08.11.20174 Daesh terrorists arrested in central Turkey
- 08.11.2017Catalonia crisis: Spain could allow referendums, says FM
- 03.11.2017Turkey warns Greece over illegal military exercise
- 03.11.2017At least 10 PKK suspects held in southeastern Turkey
- 03.11.2017Spain issues International Arrest Warrant for ousted Catalan leader
- 02.11.2017Suspected FETO leader arrested in Ankara
- 02.11.2017Audi recalls 5,000 diesel cars to fix emissions control software
- 02.11.2017Turkish PM to visit US on Tuesday amid visa dispute