Protesters stormed into Macedonia's parliament and assaulted MPs - VIDEO
Macedonian police fired stun grenades on Thursday to disperse protesters outside the parliament and clear the way for the evacuation of lawmakers still in the building, APA reports quoting Reuters.
Protesters stormed into Macedonia's parliament and assaulted the leader of the Social Democrats after his party and ethnic Albanian allies voted to elect an Albanian as parliament speaker.
A Reuters witness saw police firing stun grenades at protesters, clearing the way for ambulances.
"In an attempt to take under control of the situation inside and outside the parliament, we have ordered police to use all measures," Agim Nuhiu, the interior minister in an interim government said.
"We are using stun grenades in order to allow the evacuation of the MPs."
- 24.05.2017Counter-terrorism police arrest man at Standsted Airport
- 24.05.2017G7 States to adopt special statement on anti-terror fight after Manchester blast
- 24.05.2017Turkish foreign minister arrives in Rome
- 24.05.2017UK Prime Minister raises terror threat level, says next attack 'imminent'
- 23.05.2017Ethiopian former health minister elected new director general of World Health Organization
- 23.05.2017Erdogan: "Be careful when naming Turkish sports centers"
- 23.05.2017Manchester's Arndale shopping center evacuated, witnesses heard "big bang"
- 23.05.2017Islamic State claims responsibility for Manchester terror attack
- 23.05.2017Children among 22 killed in Manchester Arena attack - UPDATED
- 23.05.2017Theresa May calls Manchester Arena Explosion 'an appalling terrorist attack'
- 22.05.2017Man responsible for killing Russian Su-24 pilot in 2015 sentenced to five years
- 21.05.2017Norway to boost protection of Arctic seed vault from climate change
- 18.05.2017Greek police fire teargas at protesters outside parliament
- 18.05.2017Turkish president: "Turkey to take part in new balance of power"
- 18.05.2017Turkish Economy Minister: "Ankara wants to remove barriers in Turkish-Russian trade"
- 18.05.20176 PKK terrorists killed in airstrike in SE Turkey
- 18.05.2017'Unacceptable preconditions cannot solve Cyprus issue'
- 18.05.2017Irish PM Kenny steps down as party leader
- 17.05.20172 Turkish ex-generals seeking asylum in Germany
- 17.05.2017European Parliament signs visa liberalization for Ukraine
- 17.05.2017Georgia expresses concern over EU representative’s visit to South Ossetia
- 17.05.2017Next meeting of Turkish, the U.S. Presidents to be held on late of May
- 17.05.2017Non-resettling EU states to face legal challenge
- 16.05.2017325 Georgian ‘thieves in law’ live in post-Soviet territory and EU countries – minister
- 16.05.2017CoE urges Serbia to recognize Srebrenica genocide
- 16.05.2017EU Foreign Ministers support continuation of anti-Russian sanctions
- 16.05.2017Merkel, new French President Macron agree to 'work closely together'
- 16.05.2017Turkish PM: EU 'has become a very bureaucratic state'
- 15.05.2017France's Macron names Republican Philippe as PM
- 15.05.2017Merkel: Germany will move its soldiers if Turkey refuses lawmaker visit
- 14.05.2017Death toll of plane accident in BiH rises to 5
- 14.05.2017Erdogan praises role of mothers in shaping societies
- 14.05.2017Four dead, five injured as Greek train derails, slams into home - UPDATED
- 14.05.2017At least 10 injured in Greek train derailment
- 12.05.20173 PKK terrorists killed in southeastern Turkey
- 11.05.2017Majority of EU citizens consider Bloc's actions on migration 'inadequate'
- 11.05.2017Turkish, US delegations hold surprise Gulen talks
- 11.05.2017Wall Street closes mixed as oil prices gain 3 percent
- 10.05.2017French constitutional council officially approves Macron as president-elect
- 10.05.2017Robert Miles: DJ known for 1990s hit Children dies aged 47
- 28.04.2017Macedonian police fire stun grenades after protesters storm parliament
- 28.04.2017Croatian PM rules out early election
- 28.04.2017Uncertainty grows over Agramunt’s presidency of PACE
- 28.04.2017Turkish President: EU cannot question our democracy
- 27.04.2017Turkish supreme electoral body approves results of constitutional referendum
- 27.04.2017Soldier suspected of planning terror attack in Germany