More than 100 PKK terrorists killed in 1 week in Turkey
A total of 115 terrorists were “neutralized” in counter-terrorism operations in Turkey and northern Iraq between Nov. 3 and Thursday, according to Turkish military Friday, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
In a written statement, Turkish General Staff said two soldiers were also martyred and 15 others wounded during the operations.
The counter-terrorism operations were carried out in southeastern provinces of Sirnak’s Bestler-Dereler districts and Diyarbakir’s Lice district, and northern Iraq’s Zap and Avasin-Basyan districts.
During the operations, 115 terrorists had been neutralized while nine arms, including rifles and machine guns, two rocket launchers, two anti-personnel mines, over 10 kilograms (22 pounds) of explosives, including plastic explosives, dynamites and TNT, 178 kilograms (392 pounds) of ammonium nitrate, 22 hand grenades, 5,822 various type of small arms ammunition, two 82 millimeters mortar ammunition, 11 RPG-7 rocket-propelled grenades, eight RPG-7 propelling cartridge, 63 fuses, 64 magazines, two walkie-talkies, two binoculars and 52 tubes were seized.
Also, 21 improvised explosives were destroyed in controlled detonations. In addition, 75 weapon emplacements, shelters, caves and depots used by terrorist organization were destroyed.
Operations were also being carried out against illegal trafficking and drugs, which are terrorist organization’s important financial revenue. As a result, 254,950 packets of smuggled cigarettes and 800 liters of liquid, more than 1,000 kilograms (2,204 pounds) of hashish, including powdered form, and 101 kilograms (222 pounds) of narcotics were seized.
Also, 10,039 people were detained when they tried to cross the border illegally.
More than 1,200 people, including security force personnel and civilians, have lost their lives since the PKK -- listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S., and EU -- resumed its decades-old armed campaign in July 2015.
Related news releases
- 25.06.2018Turkish AK Party supporters celebrate election victory
- 23.06.2018UK: Tens of thousands march for Brexit deal referendum
- 23.06.2018OPEC decision on oil output lifts US energy sector, prices
- 23.06.2018Erdogan: New documents on top FETO member revealed
- 23.06.2018Group of OSCE Permanent Representatives return from fruitful trip to three countries of South Caucasus
- 22.06.2018France, Germany set to cooperate on next-generation ‘Superfighter’ jet
- 22.06.2018Merkel plays down chances of breakthrough in EU migration talks
- 22.06.2018Erdogan sheds light on Turkey’s new presidential system
- 22.06.2018Pompeo plans North Korea meeting at 'earliest possible date': U.S. spokeswoman
- 22.06.2018Turkish soldier succumbs to injuries
- 21.06.2018Man arrested in Germany was planning biological terror attack
- 20.06.2018EU to launch counter-tariffs against US on Friday
- 20.06.2018Merkel seeks refugee deal with EU partners
- 20.06.2018Merkel to Trump: Falling German crime stats 'speak for themselves'
- 20.06.2018'Minor Explosion' at UK Train Station spurs evacuation - UPDATED
- 20.06.2018France to lead joint fighter jet program with Germany
- 19.06.2018France, Germany vow to boost EU defense and security
- 19.06.2018Turkish deputy PM: We will definitely take F-35s
- 19.06.2018Turkish soldier martyred in bomb attack in SE Turkey
- 19.06.2018Turkey: 45 injured in bus crash
- 19.06.2018One killed, four injured in Malmo shooting: Swedish police - UPDATED
- 18.06.2018Candidate for Georgian premiership says number of ministries will decrease
- 18.06.2018EU extends sanctions against Russia for a year over Crimea
- 17.06.2018Turkey set to create own Antarctic research station next year — president
- 17.06.2018Protesters demand justice for Grenfell in London
- 17.06.2018OPEC+ to discuss production increase of 1.5 mln barrels only for Q3 — Russian minister
- 17.06.20186 arrested, 200 kg narcotics seized by Albanian police
- 16.06.2018Erdogan vows improved animal protection laws post polls
- 16.06.2018US soldier gets decked in face in drunken fistfight with Azerbaijanis in Lithuania
- 16.06.2018France's Macron looks for common ground with Italy on immigration debate
- 16.06.2018Turkish, Qatari leaders discuss Palestine over phone
- 15.06.2018Greece, Macedonia to sign name change accord June 17: Greek ministry
- 15.06.2018Police chief of Georgia’s Adjara region murdered
- 15.06.2018Turkish PM says state of emergency to be lifted
- 14.06.2018Turkish PM says armed attackers in southeastern Turkey are PKK supporters
- 14.06.2018France is ready to accept migrants from Aquarius Ship amid standoff with Italy - UPDATED
- 14.06.2018Armed attack on campaigning AK Party members in SE Turkey leaves 3 dead, 8 injured - UPDATED
- 14.06.2018Mamuka Bakhtadze nominated as Georgian PM
- 14.06.2018Turkish jets ‘neutralize’ 3 PKK terrorists in N. Iraq
- 13.06.2018Macedonia president says won't approve name deal with Greece
- 10.11.2017Catalan parliament speaker released from Spanish jail
- 11.11.2017Croatia government survives no-confidence vote over Agrokor debt crisis
- 11.11.2017Six Daesh suspects arrested in Istanbul
- 10.11.2017Car rams into crowd near school in Southern France
- 10.11.2017Spanish Supreme Court frees Catalan parliament speaker on bail
- 10.11.2017UK's May picks Brexiteer to replace scandal-hit aid minister