More than 100 PKK terrorists killed in 1 week in Turkey
A total of 115 terrorists were “neutralized” in counter-terrorism operations in Turkey and northern Iraq between Nov. 3 and Thursday, according to Turkish military Friday, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
In a written statement, Turkish General Staff said two soldiers were also martyred and 15 others wounded during the operations.
The counter-terrorism operations were carried out in southeastern provinces of Sirnak’s Bestler-Dereler districts and Diyarbakir’s Lice district, and northern Iraq’s Zap and Avasin-Basyan districts.
During the operations, 115 terrorists had been neutralized while nine arms, including rifles and machine guns, two rocket launchers, two anti-personnel mines, over 10 kilograms (22 pounds) of explosives, including plastic explosives, dynamites and TNT, 178 kilograms (392 pounds) of ammonium nitrate, 22 hand grenades, 5,822 various type of small arms ammunition, two 82 millimeters mortar ammunition, 11 RPG-7 rocket-propelled grenades, eight RPG-7 propelling cartridge, 63 fuses, 64 magazines, two walkie-talkies, two binoculars and 52 tubes were seized.
Also, 21 improvised explosives were destroyed in controlled detonations. In addition, 75 weapon emplacements, shelters, caves and depots used by terrorist organization were destroyed.
Operations were also being carried out against illegal trafficking and drugs, which are terrorist organization’s important financial revenue. As a result, 254,950 packets of smuggled cigarettes and 800 liters of liquid, more than 1,000 kilograms (2,204 pounds) of hashish, including powdered form, and 101 kilograms (222 pounds) of narcotics were seized.
Also, 10,039 people were detained when they tried to cross the border illegally.
More than 1,200 people, including security force personnel and civilians, have lost their lives since the PKK -- listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S., and EU -- resumed its decades-old armed campaign in July 2015.
Related news releases
- 24.02.2018Italy's League rallies in Milan as tense election campaign winds up
- 23.02.2018EU leaders agree to spend more on migration, defense, security
- 23.02.2018Turkey’s Erdogan calls U.S. Defense Department ‘immoral’
- 23.02.2018NCGA says concerned about anti-Azerbaijani and anti-Turkish reports in Georgian media
- 23.02.2018Turkey strongly condemns Dutch view of 1915 events
- 23.02.2018Slovenian army chief sacked after NATO test failure
- 23.02.2018London protest urges action over Eastern Ghouta bombing
- 22.02.2018Montenegro's Minister of European Affairs resigns
- 22.02.2018Car rams into group of children in Slovakia: 12 injured
- 22.02.2018Explosive device thrown at U.S. embassy building in Montenegro
- 22.02.2018Merkel ally blasts foreign minister for questioning NATO target
- 22.02.2018Germany backs resolution of Macedonia name row: Merkel
- 21.02.2018Britain wants to discuss length of Brexit transition with EU
- 21.02.2018Macron plans tighter asylum rules in test of parliamentary majority
- 20.02.2018Turkey will eradicate FETO all over world, Erdogan says
- 20.02.2018Northern Ireland Facing Epidemic of Suicide
- 20.02.2018U.S. attaches great importance to stability in region – Georgian PM
- 20.02.2018Turkish army to lay siege to Afrin city center soon: Erdogan
- 20.02.2018Turkey remands 13 for promoting PKK/KCK on social media
- 20.02.2018Turkish, Russian, Iranian FMs to meet in 2 weeks
- 20.02.2018Turkey warns against pro-Syria regime militia in Afrin
- 19.02.2018Turkish, Iranian leaders discuss Syria on phone
- 19.02.2018Ankara renames US embassy's street after Operation Olive Branch
- 19.02.2018Turkey warns Assad regime against supporting YPG/PKK
- 18.02.2018Armenian President suggests normalizing relations with Turkey through a new document
- 18.02.2018Latvian Central Bank Governor detained in corruption probe
- 18.02.2018Small earthquake hits Britain, strongest for 10 years
- 18.02.2018Thousands rally against Munich Security Conference in Germany
- 17.02.2018Sweden grants citizenship to scientist sentenced to death in Iran
- 17.02.2018Blast at Agricultural Plant in Northern France Leaves 2 Killed
- 17.02.2018Georgian, Turkish PMs discuss regional transport projects
- 17.02.2018Moldova to host summit of GUAM prime ministers
- 17.02.2018Lavrov: Russia Ready for partnership with EU, US based on mutual respect
- 17.02.2018Turkey, US joint statement alludes to YPG terror group
- 16.02.2018Uncertainty reigns in final polls ahead of Italy election
- 16.02.2018Tillerson: US will 'work on' its Manbij promises given to Turkey
- 16.02.2018Tillerson: 'US, Turkey will act together'
- 16.02.2018Two killed in Turkish military training plane crash
- 16.02.2018UK Business leaders propose partial customs union with EU
- 16.02.2018PM Yildirim sends condolences to US Vice President
- 10.11.2017Catalan parliament speaker released from Spanish jail
- 11.11.2017Croatia government survives no-confidence vote over Agrokor debt crisis
- 11.11.2017Six Daesh suspects arrested in Istanbul
- 10.11.2017Car rams into crowd near school in Southern France
- 10.11.2017Spanish Supreme Court frees Catalan parliament speaker on bail
- 10.11.2017UK's May picks Brexiteer to replace scandal-hit aid minister