Italian Prime Minister-Designate Conte announces new cabinet ministers
Lawyer Giuseppe Conte, who agreed to head the new Italian government, announced on Thursday the composition of his Cabinet, APA reports quoting Sputnik..
The speech of the new head of the Italian Council of Ministers was broadcast live by Rai Italia television.
According to Conte, leader of Lega party Matteo Salvini will become the interior minister, while leader of Five Star Movement (M5S) Luigi Di Maio will serve as minister of labor and economic development. Both will assume the duties of deputy prime ministers.
Enzo Moavero Milanesi, who served as Italy's minister of European affairs from November 2011 to February 2014, will assume the post of foreign minister.
General secretary of the president's office Ugo Zampetti reported earlier that the swearing-in ceremony of the new Italian government would be held on Friday after lawyer Giuseppe Conte presented the list of potential ministers to the Italian president.
"The president received Professor Conte, who was ordered to form the government. Conte took the mandate and presented the list of ministers to the president. The swearing-in ceremony of the new government will take place tomorrow, on June 1, at 4 p.m. [14:00 GMT]," Zampetti said.
After the swearing-in ceremony, the new government must gain the approval of both chambers of the Italian parliament.
Related news releases
- 25.06.2018Turkish AK Party supporters celebrate election victory
- 23.06.2018UK: Tens of thousands march for Brexit deal referendum
- 23.06.2018OPEC decision on oil output lifts US energy sector, prices
- 23.06.2018Erdogan: New documents on top FETO member revealed
- 23.06.2018Group of OSCE Permanent Representatives return from fruitful trip to three countries of South Caucasus
- 22.06.2018France, Germany set to cooperate on next-generation ‘Superfighter’ jet
- 22.06.2018Merkel plays down chances of breakthrough in EU migration talks
- 22.06.2018Erdogan sheds light on Turkey’s new presidential system
- 22.06.2018Pompeo plans North Korea meeting at 'earliest possible date': U.S. spokeswoman
- 22.06.2018Turkish soldier succumbs to injuries
- 21.06.2018Man arrested in Germany was planning biological terror attack
- 20.06.2018EU to launch counter-tariffs against US on Friday
- 20.06.2018Merkel seeks refugee deal with EU partners
- 20.06.2018Merkel to Trump: Falling German crime stats 'speak for themselves'
- 20.06.2018'Minor Explosion' at UK Train Station spurs evacuation - UPDATED
- 20.06.2018France to lead joint fighter jet program with Germany
- 19.06.2018France, Germany vow to boost EU defense and security
- 19.06.2018Turkish deputy PM: We will definitely take F-35s
- 19.06.2018Turkish soldier martyred in bomb attack in SE Turkey
- 19.06.2018Turkey: 45 injured in bus crash
- 19.06.2018One killed, four injured in Malmo shooting: Swedish police - UPDATED
- 18.06.2018Candidate for Georgian premiership says number of ministries will decrease
- 18.06.2018EU extends sanctions against Russia for a year over Crimea
- 17.06.2018Turkey set to create own Antarctic research station next year — president
- 17.06.2018Protesters demand justice for Grenfell in London
- 17.06.2018OPEC+ to discuss production increase of 1.5 mln barrels only for Q3 — Russian minister
- 17.06.20186 arrested, 200 kg narcotics seized by Albanian police
- 16.06.2018Erdogan vows improved animal protection laws post polls
- 16.06.2018US soldier gets decked in face in drunken fistfight with Azerbaijanis in Lithuania
- 16.06.2018France's Macron looks for common ground with Italy on immigration debate
- 16.06.2018Turkish, Qatari leaders discuss Palestine over phone
- 15.06.2018Greece, Macedonia to sign name change accord June 17: Greek ministry
- 15.06.2018Police chief of Georgia’s Adjara region murdered
- 15.06.2018Turkish PM says state of emergency to be lifted
- 14.06.2018Turkish PM says armed attackers in southeastern Turkey are PKK supporters
- 14.06.2018France is ready to accept migrants from Aquarius Ship amid standoff with Italy - UPDATED
- 14.06.2018Armed attack on campaigning AK Party members in SE Turkey leaves 3 dead, 8 injured - UPDATED
- 14.06.2018Mamuka Bakhtadze nominated as Georgian PM
- 14.06.2018Turkish jets ‘neutralize’ 3 PKK terrorists in N. Iraq
- 13.06.2018Macedonia president says won't approve name deal with Greece
- 01.06.2018Several hurt after car hits crowd in Manchester
- 01.06.2018Thousands of protestors demand government’s resignation in Tbilisi
- 01.06.2018Protest rally resumes in Tbilisi
- 31.05.2018Turkish PM vows to clear terrorists east of Euphrates
- 31.05.2018EU vows to respond to 'unjustified' US metal tariffs, launch WTO dispute
- 31.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on marking 90th anniversary of writer Isa Mughanna