Issue concerning Azerbaijani-medium schools to be raised at Georgian parliamentary committee
Ruslan Hajiyev, a member of the Georgian parliament, has met with teachers of schools in Marneuli district, which is home to a large number of Azerbaijanis.
Held on the initiative of the Georgian Union of Azerbaijani Teachers, the meeting focused on problems of schools, APA's local bureau reported.
The meeting discussed the current situation in schools, translation mistakes in textbooks, improving the level of the Azerbaijani language and literature, increasing young people’s interest in the pedagogical profession, etc.
According to Hajiyev, recommendations from teachers on the solution of problems were heard. The MP noted that issues concerning Azerbaijani-medium schools will be brought to the attention of the parliamentary committee on education, science and culture, as well as the Ministry of Education and Science.
It should be noted that the meeting was attended by about 50 teachers and directors.
Related news releases
- 17.12.2017Saakashvili confirmed readiness for talks with Poroshenko
- 17.12.2017Tony Blair seeks return to politics, aims to tackle Brexit
- 16.12.2017Turkish minister urges US to end 'unlawful' case
- 16.12.2017France closes mosque for 'encouraging radicalism'
- 15.12.2017Merkel, Macron aim for eurozone plan by March
- 15.12.2017Brexit talks to move to next stage - EU
- 15.12.2017Three killed, including two police, in Spain shooting
- 15.12.2017One dead, several injured in stabbing in Netherlands
- 15.12.20173 dead in business plane crash in Germany
- 15.12.2017Sanctions policy can lead to escalation, says German lawmaker
- 15.12.2017Brexit dominates start of EU leaders summit
- 14.12.2017EU leaders extend economic sanctions on Russia
- 14.12.2017Turkish stocks close higher after rate hike
- 14.12.2017At least 4 children killed, 19 injured as school bus and train collide in France - UPDATED
- 14.12.2017Merkel slams EU’s Tusk over refugee quotas
- 13.12.2017Czech PM Babis takes office but so far lacks parliamentary backing
- 13.12.2017CIA official called to police department in Turkey
- 13.12.2017EU’s Tusk says refugee quota ‘ineffective’
- 13.12.2017Spanish court orders seizure of ex-Catalan president Mas's house
- 13.12.2017Parliamentary defeat will not stop preparations for Brexit day: UK government
- 13.12.2017Work linked with supplies of Russian S-400 systems to be over in one week - Erdogan
- 12.12.2017EU to extend sanctions against Russia before yearend
- 12.12.2017Germany extends military deployments worldwide
- 12.12.2017Russian credit to cover part of S-400 missile deal with Turkey
- 12.12.2017EU leaders to discuss defense, migration this week
- 12.12.2017NATO chief Stoltenberg’s mandate extended
- 12.12.2017Merkel urges swift talks for German coalition
- 12.12.2017Turkey to host trilateral security meeting on Dec. 14
- 12.12.2017UK prime minister says EU deal 'good news for everyone'
- 12.12.2017Putin, Erdogan discuss trade liberalization
- 12.12.2017Erdogan: S-400 missile deal with Russia to be finalized
- 11.12.2017Turkish, Russian presidents meet in Ankara
- 11.12.2017Storms, snow hit northern Europe
- 11.12.2017Armenian citizens detained in Georgia
- 10.12.2017UK Foreign Secretary confirms commitment to implementation of Iran nuclear deal
- 10.12.2017Akkuyu nuclear power plant project to be launched today
- 08.12.2017Turkish security forces kill 20 PKK terrorists in week
- 08.12.2017Poroshenko: Situation around Saakashvili not worth international attention
- 08.12.2017Russia ready to promote N. Korea-US dialogue on Pyongyang’s security guarantees - Lavrov
- 08.12.2017Polish PM resigns after two years in office
- 11.08.2017Georgian Foreign Ministry calls on Russia to give up aggressive steps
- 11.08.2017Turkey: Soldier, civilian martyred in clash with PKK
- 12.08.2017Mogherini to convene EU Security Committee meeting over situation with N. Korea
- 11.08.2017Ties between Russia, Turkey 'promising', says new envoy
- 10.08.2017Czech police ask parliament to allow prosecution of PM candidate Babis
- 10.08.2017Chairperson of Georgian opposition party planning to visit occupied territories