France to grant 430-mln-euro loan to Iraq in 2017
"France will accompany the stabilization and reconstruction of Iraq to achieve a lasting peace that reconciles all the components of the Iraqi society," the release said.
The loan will facilitate the war-torn country's effort to obtain international financial programs, which are essential for its reconstruction phase, it added.
The ministry also hailed the victory of the Iraqi army in Mosul against the Islamic State (IS) in the press release.
"The battle against IS must continue in order to free the remaining parts of Iraq, including Tal Afar, Hawija and Anbar," it said.
French foreign minister Jean-Yves Le Drian and defence minister Florence Parly kicked off a visit to Iraq on Friday evening.
"This visit also gives a new impetus to the relationship between our two countries in all fields," including "political dialogue, economic relations and cooperative actions," said the release.
Related news releases
- 22.11.2017Counter-terrorism operation is being conducted in Tbilisi, shooting and explosions are heard
- 22.11.2017French police detain Russian senator in Nice — embassy
- 21.11.2017Georgia will not use military equipment to be purchased from U.S. against any country – deputy minister
- 21.11.2017Turkey not considering severing ties with NATO, says Erdogan’s spokesman
- 21.11.2017Turkish aide calls for investigation of NATO incident
- 20.11.2017Putin, Rouhani may hold talks on sidelines of Russia-Turkey-Iran summit — Kremlin
- 19.11.2017Turkey launches investigation into U.S. prosecutors
- 19.11.2017Several foreign nationals detained in Athens over clashes with police
- 18.11.2017NATO chief once again apologizes to Turkish president
- 18.11.2017Erdogan condemns 'impudence' during NATO drill
- 18.11.2017Airlander 10 'breaks in two' and collapses at Cardington
- 18.11.2017Turkish FM: "Turkey has evidence of US arming terror groups"
- 18.11.2017Turkish court releases 13 suspects in major FETO case
- 17.11.2017Helicopter, aircraft in midair collision, say UK police
- 17.11.2017Daesh car bomb reportedly kills 20 at site for displaced families in East Syria
- 17.11.2017Erdogan meets Afghanistan's Gen. Dostum in Ankara
- 17.11.2017NATO chief Stoltenberg apologizes to Turkey over 'enemy chart' incident in Norway
- 17.11.2017Turkey withdraws troops from NATO drill in Norway
- 17.11.2017Turkey to host Russian, Iranian FMs ahead of Sochi
- 16.11.2017Georgia has centuries-old tradition of tolerance – President Margvelashvili
- 16.11.2017Erdogan visits Turkey's military base in Qatar
- 16.11.2017Turkey: Storm causes severe damage in coastal Antalya
- 16.11.2017Poland slams EU parliament resolution
- 16.11.2017Turkey sends diplomatic note to US over gold trader
- 14.11.2017Tbilisi Airport on lockdown after bomb threat received
- 14.11.2017Turkish president arrives in Kuwait for talks
- 14.11.2017EU’s Mogherini calls on Hariri to return to Lebanon
- 13.11.2017EU removes Colombia’s FARC from terrorist groups list
- 13.11.2017New mayor of Georgia’s Rustavi joins city cleaning work on first working day
- 13.11.2017Kakha Kaladze assumes duties as Tbilisi mayor
- 12.11.2017Turkey says purchase of S-400 from Russia 'completed'
- 11.11.2017Turkey puts in great effort for peace in region: Min.
- 11.11.2017Six Daesh suspects arrested in Istanbul
- 11.11.2017Croatia government survives no-confidence vote over Agrokor debt crisis
- 10.11.2017Catalan parliament speaker released from Spanish jail
- 10.11.2017More than 100 PKK terrorists killed in 1 week in Turkey
- 10.11.2017Car rams into crowd near school in Southern France
- 10.11.2017Spanish Supreme Court frees Catalan parliament speaker on bail
- 10.11.2017UK's May picks Brexiteer to replace scandal-hit aid minister
- 09.11.2017Albania issues arrest warrant for FETO fugitive
- 27.08.2017UK Police: Terrorists may break into parliament in less than 5 minutes
- 27.08.2017German FM criticizes Angela Merkel for blind obedience of the USA concerning arms
- 29.08.2017Merkel, Macron urge Russia, Ukraine to step up peace efforts
- 26.08.2017Belgian soldiers shoot dead knife attacker in Brussels
- 26.08.2017UK police hold man with knife outside Buckingham Palace
- 25.08.2017NATO Secretary General's motorcade involved in crash in Warsaw