Four dead in Greek military helicopter crash
Four people died and one was injured when a Greek military helicopter crashed on Wednesday, APA reported citing Anadolu Agency.
The UH-1H-type craft disappeared from radar in the early hours of Wednesday, according to the Hellenic National Defense General Staff.
The crash site is in northwest Greece.
Sergeant Major Vasiliki Plejida was found seriously injured by rescue personnel and was taken to a military hospital in the northern city of Thessaloniki.
The four dead officers have been identified as: Major-General Ioannis Tzanidakis; Colonel Thomas Adamou; Major Dimosthenis Goulas; and Lieutenant Konstantinos Chatzis.
The helicopter disappeared while on a scheduled flight from Larissa to Kozani with a total of five personnel onboard.
An investigation has been launched.
Related news releases
- 21.07.20172 dead in Greece earthquake
- 21.07.2017Polish opposition calls for shortening mandates in parliament’s lower house
- 20.07.2017Turkish FM blasts German travel warning
- 20.07.2017Turkey blasts Greek FM for statement on Cyprus
- 20.07.2017Brent crude falls after surpassing $50 per barrel for first time since June
- 20.07.2017Turkish deputy PM condemns remarks by German FM
- 20.07.2017No quick results in Brexit talks, negotiators say
- 19.07.2017Turkish man jailed for insulting Ataturk
- 19.07.2017Binali Yildirim "Until the last terrorist in this territory is killed, we will resolutely continue our fight against terrorism"
- 19.07.2017Ankara urges EU to speed up Bloc's accession process
- 18.07.2017Energy Union unlikely to be bound by EU borders - EU Commission Vice-President
- 18.07.2017Russian S-400 systems' delivery contract with Turkey ready, loan being discussed
- 18.07.2017FIFA Vice President arrested in corruption operation
- 18.07.2017Poroshenko vows to restore sovereignty over Donbass after Malorossiya proposal
- 18.07.2017Iranian president's brother freed on bail: media
- 18.07.2017NATO to hold exercises in Georgia
- 17.07.2017Turkey extends troop deployment in Lebanon's UN force
- 17.07.2017Turkey extends state of emergency for 3 more months
- 16.07.2017Turkish Security Council to consider state of emergency extension in Turkey
- 16.07.2017Turkish president: “We know who our friend is and who our enemy is”
- 16.07.2017Erdogan vows not to let defeated coup be forgotten
- 15.07.2017France calls for swift lifting of sanctions on Qatari nationals
- 15.07.2017EU to finance construction of 7th bridge on Tajik-Afghan border
- 15.07.2017Fire destroys 500 hectares close to Spanish city of Badajoz as heat wave continues
- 15.07.2017Erdogan: West should either stand by terrorists or try to win Turkish people’s trust again
- 15.07.2017U.N. ends round of Syria talks with focus on fight against terrorism
- 15.07.2017Erdogan reiterates firm stance against coup plotters
- 15.07.2017Turkish state reinstates hundreds of civil servants
- 15.07.2017Turkey marks first anniversary of failed July 15 coup attempt
- 14.07.2017Erdogan says he favors extension of emergency rule in Turkey
- 14.07.2017Erdogan: Turkey outdoes West in terms of human rights
- 14.07.2017Deputy PM: On night of 15 July 2016, Turkey faced greatest betrayal in its history
- 14.07.2017Ambassador: Had coup attempt in Turkey succeeded, there would’ve been instability throughout region
- 14.07.2017Security incident at US Consulate in Istanbul, 1 detained
- 14.07.2017Turkey’s ruling AKP urges 160 countries where FETO network operates to be careful
- 14.07.2017Turkey’s ruling party says July 15 coup attempt was backed by foreign forces
- 14.07.2017Democracy watch' rallies to start at midnight July 15
- 14.07.2017Turkish borsa clocks up another record at closing
- 14.07.2017German court sentences terrorist PKK member to prison
- 13.07.2017Europe needs closer cooperation with US on security issues – Merkel
- 19.04.2017Death penalty is incompatible with CoE membership, PACE warns Turkey
- 19.04.2017Opposition’s request to annul Turkey referendum results denied
- 20.04.2017Turkish Air Force kills 11 PKK terrorists in southeast
- 19.04.2017Strong winds cause problems across Georgia’s Batumi
- 19.04.2017Cargo ship with 12 people aboard sinks in Black Sea
- 19.04.2017US: Trump signs order curbing foreign workers