Eight people wounded due to explosion during passage of prison bus in western Turkey
Eight people were wounded due to an explosion during the passage of a prison bus in the Aegean province of Izmir on Aug. 31, APA reported citing Hurriyet Daily News.
The explosion occurred in a garbage container during the passage of a Kırıklar F-type prison bus carrying officials and prison wardens in Izmir’s Buca district.
A number of security forces and ambulances were dispatched to the scene.
Eight people were wounded in the explosion, including one who is in a critical condition. Those wounded in the blast were taken to nearby hospitals.
The explosion also damaged the shuttle bus and nearby vehicles.
The street, where explosion occurred, was closed to traffic, while the police have launched an investigation into the incident.
No information has yet been provided about the nature of the blast.
Related news releases
- 21.09.2017EU Foreign Policy Chief sees ‘no need’ to renegotiate Iran nuclear agreement
- 21.09.2017Erdogan, Putin to discuss Syrian peace plan next week
- 20.09.2017UK to suspend its military ties with Myanmar
- 18.09.2017Georgia’s sees 4.7% economic growth in 2Q17
- 17.09.2017Kurdish referendum a 'national security matter' says Turkish PM
- 17.09.2017Ankara summons German ambassador over pro-PKK rally
- 16.09.2017At least four killed in British motorway crash
- 16.09.2017Saakashvili plans to hold rally in front of Verkhovna Rada
- 16.09.2017Poroshenko to discuss situation in Donbas during meeting with Trump
- 16.09.2017At least 88 arrested in anti-drug raids in Turkey
- 16.09.2017Czech foreign minister lightly injured in car accident: ministry
- 16.09.2017Women injured in hammer attack in France
- 15.09.2017London blast is terror incident - police
- 15.09.2017Police evacuate homes near tube station after explosion on train carriage in London
- 15.09.2017Explosion on London underground train leaves at least 20 injured - UPDATED
- 15.09.2017Lawyer of Turkey’s main opposition CHP detained in Gulen probe
- 15.09.2017EU must change its view of Turkey: Turkish FM
- 15.09.2017Catalonia launches campaign for independence referendum
- 14.09.2017Another Azerbaijani nominated for post of head of executive authority in Georgia
- 14.09.2017UK Foreign Secretary Johnson to hold talks with U.S.' Tillerson in London
- 14.09.2017Paris, LA confirmed as 2024, 2028 Olympic hosts
- 13.09.2017Saakashvili announces rally in Ukraine’s Chernivtsi
- 13.09.2017Juncker: No new member in EU by 2019
- 12.09.2017Erdogan comments on allegations on his talk with Assad
- 12.09.2017Macron's labour reforms face protests across France
- 12.09.2017One million march in Barcelona for Catalan independence
- 12.09.2017Norway's right-wing government seems set for re-election-projections
- 11.09.2017US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State visits Georgia
- 11.09.2017Georgian foreign minister to visit Armenia
- 10.09.2017About 70 people arrested in UK during protests against major arms fair
- 09.09.2017Erdogan, Trump agree to meet during UN assembly - UPDATED
- 09.09.2017NATO Agile Spirit 2017 military exercises underway in Georgia
- 09.09.2017Turkish soldier succumbs to wounds from PKK attack
- 08.09.2017Saakashvili vows to return to Ukraine with ‘thousands’ of supporters
- 08.09.2017French leader calls for eurozone overhaul in Athens
- 07.09.2017Turkish court released German citizen
- 07.09.2017Catalan parliament approves law to call referendum on independence
- 07.09.2017Spanish, Moroccan police arrest 6 terror cell suspects
- 06.09.2017North Korea's actions demand 'unified response' says NATO
- 05.09.2017Merkel, Trump call for tougher U.N. sanctions against North Korea
- 31.08.2017OSCE Office in Yerevan officially closed
- 01.09.2017President Erdoğan says US indictment of guards from Washington brawl a ‘scandal’
- 01.09.2017Erdoğan comments on French president’s remarks
- 30.08.2017Greece offers latest effort to reform public sector, a key bailout demand
- 30.08.2017Turkish judge adjourns trial of Erdogan 'assassins'
- 29.08.2017Sweden Declares Crackdown on Fake News - Finance Minister