Eight people wounded due to explosion during passage of prison bus in western Turkey
Eight people were wounded due to an explosion during the passage of a prison bus in the Aegean province of Izmir on Aug. 31, APA reported citing Hurriyet Daily News.
The explosion occurred in a garbage container during the passage of a Kırıklar F-type prison bus carrying officials and prison wardens in Izmir’s Buca district.
A number of security forces and ambulances were dispatched to the scene.
Eight people were wounded in the explosion, including one who is in a critical condition. Those wounded in the blast were taken to nearby hospitals.
The explosion also damaged the shuttle bus and nearby vehicles.
The street, where explosion occurred, was closed to traffic, while the police have launched an investigation into the incident.
No information has yet been provided about the nature of the blast.
Related news releases
- 22.06.2018Erdogan sheds light on Turkey’s new presidential system
- 22.06.2018Pompeo plans North Korea meeting at 'earliest possible date': U.S. spokeswoman
- 22.06.2018Turkish soldier succumbs to injuries
- 21.06.2018Man arrested in Germany was planning biological terror attack
- 20.06.2018EU to launch counter-tariffs against US on Friday
- 20.06.2018Merkel seeks refugee deal with EU partners
- 20.06.2018Merkel to Trump: Falling German crime stats 'speak for themselves'
- 20.06.2018'Minor Explosion' at UK Train Station spurs evacuation - UPDATED
- 20.06.2018France to lead joint fighter jet program with Germany
- 19.06.2018France, Germany vow to boost EU defense and security
- 19.06.2018Turkish deputy PM: We will definitely take F-35s
- 19.06.2018Turkish soldier martyred in bomb attack in SE Turkey
- 19.06.2018Turkey: 45 injured in bus crash
- 19.06.2018One killed, four injured in Malmo shooting: Swedish police - UPDATED
- 18.06.2018Candidate for Georgian premiership says number of ministries will decrease
- 18.06.2018EU extends sanctions against Russia for a year over Crimea
- 17.06.2018Turkey set to create own Antarctic research station next year — president
- 17.06.2018Protesters demand justice for Grenfell in London
- 17.06.2018OPEC+ to discuss production increase of 1.5 mln barrels only for Q3 — Russian minister
- 17.06.20186 arrested, 200 kg narcotics seized by Albanian police
- 16.06.2018Erdogan vows improved animal protection laws post polls
- 16.06.2018US soldier gets decked in face in drunken fistfight with Azerbaijanis in Lithuania
- 16.06.2018France's Macron looks for common ground with Italy on immigration debate
- 16.06.2018Turkish, Qatari leaders discuss Palestine over phone
- 15.06.2018Greece, Macedonia to sign name change accord June 17: Greek ministry
- 15.06.2018Police chief of Georgia’s Adjara region murdered
- 15.06.2018Turkish PM says state of emergency to be lifted
- 14.06.2018Turkish PM says armed attackers in southeastern Turkey are PKK supporters
- 14.06.2018France is ready to accept migrants from Aquarius Ship amid standoff with Italy - UPDATED
- 14.06.2018Armed attack on campaigning AK Party members in SE Turkey leaves 3 dead, 8 injured - UPDATED
- 14.06.2018Mamuka Bakhtadze nominated as Georgian PM
- 14.06.2018Turkish jets ‘neutralize’ 3 PKK terrorists in N. Iraq
- 13.06.2018Macedonia president says won't approve name deal with Greece
- 13.06.2018Georgian PM resigns
- 13.06.2018Mogherini: EU to present proposals on security following Salisbury incident
- 13.06.2018Germany's Merkel calls for common EU refugee policy
- 13.06.2018Tesla cuts 9 percent of workforce in search for profit
- 12.06.2018Man arrested after hostage incident in Paris - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Turkish president: "We didn’t buy S-400 to keep them in store, will use if needed"
- 12.06.2018Greece, Macedonia resolving long-standing name row
- 31.08.2017OSCE Office in Yerevan officially closed
- 01.09.2017President Erdoğan says US indictment of guards from Washington brawl a ‘scandal’
- 01.09.2017Erdoğan comments on French president’s remarks
- 30.08.2017Greece offers latest effort to reform public sector, a key bailout demand
- 30.08.2017Turkish judge adjourns trial of Erdogan 'assassins'
- 29.08.2017Sweden Declares Crackdown on Fake News - Finance Minister