Erdogan, Trump discuss bilateral, regional issues
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his U.S. counterpart, Donald Trump, discussed bilateral and regional issues in a telephone call Friday, according to the Turkish presidency, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
The two leaders discussed the latest developments in Syria and Iraq, as well as counter-terrorism.
Erdogan and Trump also confirmed their determination to increased cooperation and coordination as allies.
Also on the agenda were demonstrations near the Gaza Strip’s eastern border with Israel that began earlier in the day.
Tens of thousands of Palestinians in the blockaded Gaza Strip converged on the border to demand the right to return to their homes in historical Palestine.
The demonstrations are also intended to pressure Israel to lift its decade-long blockade of the Hamas-run Gaza Strip.
Despite the peaceful nature of the rally, at least 14 Palestinian protesters were martyred by Israeli troops.
Related news releases
- 26.04.2018Russia-wary U.S. to press NATO allies to hike military spending
- 26.04.2018Croatian police arrest suspect behind global cyber attack platform
- 26.04.2018European powers say nearing plan to save Iran nuclear pact
- 26.04.2018Turkish solider martyred in PKK terror attack
- 25.04.2018German Chancellor Merkel backs Albania’s EU perspective
- 25.04.2018Macron at odds with Trump agenda during Congress speech
- 24.04.2018PACE 'double standard' for postponed polls: Deputy PM
- 24.04.2018Armored vehicle maker BMC wins Turkish battle tank bid
- 24.04.2018PACE calls on Turkey to ‘postpone’ June 24 snap elections
- 24.04.2018CoE may take action against Russia in event of failure to pay a contribution to the budget
- 23.04.2018OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs release statement on Nagorno-Karabakh
- 23.04.2018Former Georgian defense minister jailed for 9 years
- 22.04.2018Europe not choosing sides in U.S.-China trade dispute
- 22.04.2018Britain's Queen Elizabeth celebrates 92 years with star-studded concert
- 21.04.2018Threat comes from strategic partners: Erdogan
- 21.04.2018Tens of thousands of Hungarians protest against PM Orban's rule
- 21.04.2018MHP chairman says his party's presidential candidate is Erdogan
- 19.04.2018OSCE/ODIHR director urges Armenian authorities to ensure right to freedom of peaceful assembly
- 19.04.2018Deputy Prime Minister: "Turkish State of Emergency to not effect snap elections"
- 19.04.2018PM Kvirikashvili: Ethnic minorities in Georgia should be informed about benefits of NATO integration
- 19.04.2018German leaders to seek waivers from US sanctions on Russia
- 19.04.2018Basque separatist group ETA to be dissolved in May
- 19.04.2018MHP to support Erdogan in snap presidential election
- 18.04.2018Turkey extends state of emergency for 7th time
- 18.04.2018Turkey’s Erdogan announces snap elections on June 24
- 18.04.2018Turkey rejects allegations in EU report
- 17.04.2018US: Plane makes emergency landing after engine failure
- 17.04.2018Turkey to extend state of emergency for 3 more months
- 17.04.2018Turkey's security council advises extending emergency
- 17.04.2018Georgian interior minister: Sustainable economic growth impossible without security
- 17.04.20188 killed in severe road accident in southern Ukraine
- 17.04.2018British PM May defends Syria strikes against parliament critics
- 16.04.2018Erdogan, Merkel discuss Syria over phone
- 16.04.2018Erdogan: West tries to tarnish Islamic world through terrorist organizations
- 16.04.2018Stoltenberg says no other NATO ally suffers as much from terrorist attacks as Turkey
- 16.04.2018Turkey warns Greece over disputed Aegean islets
- 16.04.2018Leader of Georgia’s Girchi Zurab Japaridze says he will run for president in 2018
- 16.04.2018Turkey’s Patriotic Party: Appropriate measures to be taken to prevent “Armenian genocide” board from being hung on church wall in Amsterdam
- 15.04.2018France, US, UK launch joint draft resolution on Syria
- 15.04.2018Putin, Erdogan agree to intensify bilateral cooperation on Syrian issue
- 31.03.20186 suspects released in FETO's business network case
- 31.03.2018Italy summons French ambassador over border incident
- 31.03.2018Russian Embassy urges nationals to reconsider plans to travel to UK
- 31.03.2018Turkish, Russian foreign ministers speak over phone
- 31.03.2018Gaza protests: 16 Palestinians killed in confrontations with Israeli forces - UPDATED
- 30.03.2018Turkey urges support for Bosnia’s NATO accession bid