Erdogan accuses US, Israel of meddling in Iran’s internal affairs
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Friday that it is not possible for Turkey to approve of the U.S. and Israel's interference in the internal affairs of other countries, namely Iran and Pakistan, APA reported citing NTV channel.
"The example of Iraq, Syria, Libya, Tunisia, Sudan and Chad has proved the fallacy of this attitude", said Erdogan, noting that all countries subjected to various interventions are Islamic.
“There are rich underground resources in these countries, and all steps are being taken to seize these resources. This truth must be conveyed to the Turkish and all other peoples. "Those who want to isolate others in the international arena will be isolated themselves,” he said.
Erdogan said he held phone talks with Iranian counterpart Hassan Rouhani who assured him that the situation in Iran will cease and stabilize in a day or two.
“The situation in Iran has begun to stabilize since yesterday. Rouhani’s statement that the people in the country have the right to protest has softened the ongoing processes,” added the Turkish leader.
Related news releases
- 23.04.2018OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs release statement on Nagorno-Karabakh
- 23.04.2018Former Georgian defense minister jailed for 9 years
- 22.04.2018Europe not choosing sides in U.S.-China trade dispute
- 22.04.2018Britain's Queen Elizabeth celebrates 92 years with star-studded concert
- 21.04.2018Threat comes from strategic partners: Erdogan
- 21.04.2018Tens of thousands of Hungarians protest against PM Orban's rule
- 21.04.2018MHP chairman says his party's presidential candidate is Erdogan
- 19.04.2018OSCE/ODIHR director urges Armenian authorities to ensure right to freedom of peaceful assembly
- 19.04.2018Deputy Prime Minister: "Turkish State of Emergency to not effect snap elections"
- 19.04.2018PM Kvirikashvili: Ethnic minorities in Georgia should be informed about benefits of NATO integration
- 19.04.2018German leaders to seek waivers from US sanctions on Russia
- 19.04.2018Basque separatist group ETA to be dissolved in May
- 19.04.2018MHP to support Erdogan in snap presidential election
- 18.04.2018Turkey extends state of emergency for 7th time
- 18.04.2018Turkey’s Erdogan announces snap elections on June 24
- 18.04.2018Turkey rejects allegations in EU report
- 17.04.2018US: Plane makes emergency landing after engine failure
- 17.04.2018Turkey to extend state of emergency for 3 more months
- 17.04.2018Turkey's security council advises extending emergency
- 17.04.2018Georgian interior minister: Sustainable economic growth impossible without security
- 17.04.20188 killed in severe road accident in southern Ukraine
- 17.04.2018British PM May defends Syria strikes against parliament critics
- 16.04.2018Erdogan, Merkel discuss Syria over phone
- 16.04.2018Erdogan: West tries to tarnish Islamic world through terrorist organizations
- 16.04.2018Stoltenberg says no other NATO ally suffers as much from terrorist attacks as Turkey
- 16.04.2018Turkey warns Greece over disputed Aegean islets
- 16.04.2018Leader of Georgia’s Girchi Zurab Japaridze says he will run for president in 2018
- 16.04.2018Turkey’s Patriotic Party: Appropriate measures to be taken to prevent “Armenian genocide” board from being hung on church wall in Amsterdam
- 15.04.2018France, US, UK launch joint draft resolution on Syria
- 15.04.2018Putin, Erdogan agree to intensify bilateral cooperation on Syrian issue
- 14.04.2018Turkish, French presidents discuss Syria over phone
- 14.04.2018Turkey not making choice between Russia, US: Cavusoglu
- 14.04.2018Germany, France to initiate new format of talks on Syrian settlement
- 14.04.2018Turkish FM: We need to get rid of Assad
- 14.04.2018Georgian FM supports US and allies on Syrian operation
- 14.04.2018Turkey says was informed ahead of air strikes on Syria
- 14.04.2018Turkey welcomes US-led joint airstrikes in Syria
- 14.04.2018Catalan parliament calls for Spanish judge to be charged over jailed politician
- 13.04.2018Russia spied on Skripal and daughter for at least 5 years: UK
- 13.04.2018Turkey slams Switzerland over 'Armenian Monument'
- 05.01.2018Turkey, France and Italy sign agreement on air defense missile systems
- 05.01.2018Turkey gets ‘tired’ of EU membership process: Erdogan
- 06.01.2018Turkish foreign minister talks to US counterpart
- 05.01.2018Turkey's Erdogan says bilateral ties and accords with U.S. losing validity
- 05.01.2018Mikheil Saakashvili sentenced to 3 years in jail in absentia
- 04.01.2018Turkey sees EU membership as 'strategic aim'