Daesh, PKK, FETO all trying to hurt Turkey: Erdogan
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said late Wednesday that the terrorist PKK, Daesh, and FETO are all trying to damage Turkey, even if they are also at odds with each other, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
Speaking at a meeting in Istanbul to honor the victims of last year’s defeated coup attempt, Erdogan said although the PKK, Daesh, and the Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO) -- the group blamed for the coup bid -- look like mutual enemies and fight each other, they still share the same overall goal.
"Is it only coincidence that these three terrorist organizations are pointing their guns at us? Of course not. Even if the names and claims of these organizations are different, their target is Turkey," Erdogan stressed.
He said Turkey has fought the PKK and those who support PKK for over 30 years.
Erdogan added: "Basically, we have the real fight with those powers behind the scenes. In Germany, there is a struggle with these powers. In Belgium, the Netherlands, Switzerland, and Sweden there is a struggle with these, too."
Most of the people the PKK has killed since 1984 were Turkey’s Kurdish citizens, Erdogan said, adding that the PKK cannot threaten people in eastern and southeastern Turkey anymore, because Turkish security forces prevent it.
"Ten thousand five hundred terrorists were neutralized in [the last] 20 months," he stressed.
Related news releases
- 25.05.2018Macron: US embassy relocation to Jerusalem was a ‘wrong step’
- 25.05.2018Tbilisi’s Rose Revolution square, Mirhasan Vazirov st. renamed
- 25.05.2018France would like Russia to remain in Council of Europe – Macron
- 24.05.2018Putin, Macron discuss US withdrawal from Iran nuclear deal
- 24.05.2018Britain disappointed after Trump cancels North Korea summit: UK PM May
- 24.05.2018Turkey slams French magazine slandering Erdogan
- 24.05.2018Train derailment in northern Italy kills 2, over a dozen Injured
- 23.05.2018Turkey has means to curtail currency shifts: President
- 23.05.2018Yulia Skripal - Attempted assassination turned my world upside down
- 22.05.2018UK calls refusal from Iran nuclear deal catastrophe
- 22.05.2018UK Foreign Secretary remarks effectiveness of US Sanctions against Russia
- 22.05.2018German foreign minister says to meet with Pompeo over Iran deal
- 22.05.2018Pentagon warns of taking necessary steps against Iran
- 22.05.2018Erdogan: Turkey to not give up on Jerusalem
- 21.05.2018PKK terrorists on wanted list killed in eastern Turkey
- 20.05.2018EU, Iran agree on holding high-level seminar on nuclear cooperation in November
- 19.05.2018EU Commission says lenders reach deal with Greece on reforms
- 19.05.2018Marseille train station evacuated after detention of suspicious man
- 19.05.2018Threats against Erdogan not new, says Turkish deputy PM
- 19.05.20185 terrorists neutralized in eastern Turkey
- 19.05.2018Berlusconi says ready to become new Italian head of government
- 19.05.2018Turkey's Erdogan says to raise Gaza violence at U.N. General Assembly
- 18.05.2018Sergei Skripal discharged from Salisbury District Hospital
- 18.05.2018Turkey prosecutors ask parliament to lift immunity of lawmaker Garo Paylan
- 17.05.2018NATO Military Committee meeting ends in Brussels
- 17.05.2018Egypt's Sisi says U.S. Embassy move to Jerusalem causes instability
- 16.05.2018Brussels, Tehran aim to preserve Iran nuclear Deal
- 15.05.2018Scottish parliament votes against giving consent to UK's EU withdrawal bill
- 15.05.2018France's Macron tells Netanyahu Palestinians have right to protest peacefully
- 15.05.2018Turkey declares 3 days of mourning over Gaza violence
- 14.05.2018Azerbaijani-medium school restored in Georgia
- 13.05.2018About 5,000 people gather in Bucharest for anti-government rally
- 13.05.2018Macron firm after Paris stabbing claimed by IS
- 13.05.2018Albanian ex-minister to face drug trafficking charges
- 13.05.2018Paris Stabbing Attack Leaves 2 Persons Dead, 8 Injured - UPDATED
- 12.05.2018Protests in Georgia after police raid Tbilisi nightclubs Bassiani and Café Gallery
- 12.05.2018Aircraft crash in Spain's Catalonia leaves 3 people killed
- 12.05.2018Turkish minister warns EU over post-Brexit UK role
- 12.05.2018Police raid night clubs in Tbilisi, arrest 8 people for drug trafficking
- 12.05.2018White House urges 'responsible nations' to press Iran to change behavior
- 13.04.2017Road to EU open for Western Balkans if progress, reforms prevail – German FM
- 13.04.2017British soccer fans clash with police before game in Madrid
- 14.04.2017Ankara looking for air defense systems, S-400 under consideration - Turkish DM
- 12.04.2017UEFA president "deeply disturbed" by explosions to Dortmund's team bus
- 12.04.2017German police find note near scene of Dortmund bus attack - UPDATED
- 11.04.2017Borussia Dortmund v Monaco postponed after blasts near team bus - UPDATED