Daesh, PKK, FETO all trying to hurt Turkey: Erdogan
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said late Wednesday that the terrorist PKK, Daesh, and FETO are all trying to damage Turkey, even if they are also at odds with each other, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
Speaking at a meeting in Istanbul to honor the victims of last year’s defeated coup attempt, Erdogan said although the PKK, Daesh, and the Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO) -- the group blamed for the coup bid -- look like mutual enemies and fight each other, they still share the same overall goal.
"Is it only coincidence that these three terrorist organizations are pointing their guns at us? Of course not. Even if the names and claims of these organizations are different, their target is Turkey," Erdogan stressed.
He said Turkey has fought the PKK and those who support PKK for over 30 years.
Erdogan added: "Basically, we have the real fight with those powers behind the scenes. In Germany, there is a struggle with these powers. In Belgium, the Netherlands, Switzerland, and Sweden there is a struggle with these, too."
Most of the people the PKK has killed since 1984 were Turkey’s Kurdish citizens, Erdogan said, adding that the PKK cannot threaten people in eastern and southeastern Turkey anymore, because Turkish security forces prevent it.
"Ten thousand five hundred terrorists were neutralized in [the last] 20 months," he stressed.
Related news releases
- 19.08.2017Barcelona van attacker among five killed by police
- 19.08.2017Stabbing attack reported near Dusseldorf: 1 killed, police seeking perpetrator
- 18.08.2017Bomb blast martyrs Turkish guard in southeast
- 18.08.2017Erdogan calls on Turks in Germany not to vote for Merkel, Schulz, Greens
- 18.08.2017Seven dead as tractor carrying workers overturns in Turkey
- 18.08.2017Police detain third suspect in Catalonia terror attacks
- 18.08.2017Barcelona terror attack: CIA warned police two months ago Las Ramblas could be target of terrorist attack
- 18.08.2017Citizens of 18 countries suffered in Barcelona attack
- 18.08.2017Another terror attack committed in Spain, five suspects killed
- 18.08.2017US drone crashes in southern Turkey
- 18.08.2017Driss Oukabir who rented Barcelona attack van reports theft of documents
- 17.08.2017ISIL claims responsibility for Barcelona van attack
- 17.08.2017Three police officers 'hit by car' at road block near attack scene
- 17.08.2017Suspect in Barcelona terrorist attack reportedly arrested
- 17.08.2017New round of Syria peace talks in Geneva may start on Sept. 7 - Cairo Group
- 17.08.2017Police identify person behind Barcelona terror attack - UPDATED
- 16.08.2017Merkel opposes EU-Turkey divorce
- 16.08.2017Turkey: 41 people arrested over suspected PKK links
- 16.08.2017Next special operation held in Georgian settlement where Azerbaijanis live
- 16.08.2017Greece asks EU help to tackle forest fires
- 15.08.2017Tree falls in Portugal's Madeira Island, killing 12
- 15.08.2017Turkish, French presidents talk on phone
- 15.08.2017Georgia’s Interior Ministry issues statement on special operation in settlement where Azerbaijanis live
- 15.08.2017Germany's Merkel says open to all coalition options
- 15.08.2017Car plows into crowd at cafe outside Paris
- 14.08.2017Georgia intends to fully use its transit potential
- 14.08.2017Georgia’s ambassador to France robbed
- 14.08.2017Georgia’s foreign trade turnover increases 13%
- 13.08.2017Home politics leads criticism of Turkey, Erdogan says
- 13.08.2017Turkey mourns teenage boy martyred by PKK
- 12.08.2017In the south of Poland overturned a passenger bus, 28 injure
- 12.08.2017Turkish president expects improvement of Turkey-Germany relations after Bundestag election
- 12.08.2017Relations with Germany to normalize after Bundestag elections, Erdoğan says
- 12.08.2017Education level at Azerbaijani schools in Georgia rated low
- 12.08.2017Portugal, France battling fresh wildfires
- 12.08.2017Merkel backs UN proposal to take more refugees
- 12.08.2017Mogherini to convene EU Security Committee meeting over situation with N. Korea
- 11.08.2017Turkey: Soldier, civilian martyred in clash with PKK
- 11.08.2017Georgian Foreign Ministry calls on Russia to give up aggressive steps
- 11.08.2017Issue concerning Azerbaijani-medium schools to be raised at Georgian parliamentary committee
- 13.04.2017Road to EU open for Western Balkans if progress, reforms prevail – German FM
- 13.04.2017British soccer fans clash with police before game in Madrid
- 14.04.2017Ankara looking for air defense systems, S-400 under consideration - Turkish DM
- 12.04.2017UEFA president "deeply disturbed" by explosions to Dortmund's team bus
- 12.04.2017German police find note near scene of Dortmund bus attack - UPDATED
- 11.04.2017Borussia Dortmund v Monaco postponed after blasts near team bus - UPDATED