Rovshen Janiyev's body brought to Azerbaijan
APA southern bureau reports that the body, brought by Istanbul-Lankaran special flight, is sent to the mosque "Kicik Bazar".
R. Janiyev will be buried at the cemetery of Kicik Bazar.
Istanbul. Mayis Alizadeh-APA. All documents required bringing Azerbaijani crime boss Rovshan Lankaransky’s (Janiyev) body, who was killed in Istanbul last night, have already been prepared and handed over to his relatives, the Consulate General of Azerbaijan in Istanbul told APA.
According to the information, currently in the Istanbul airport is paperwork to send the body to Azerbaijan
Rovshan Lankaransky’s body will be brought to his native Lenkaran region.
stanbul. Mayis Alizade - APA. Some details have emerged of the shooting of Rovshan Lankaransky (Janiyev).
APA’s Turkey bureau reports quoting Florence Nightingale Hospital that a taxi driver brought an unknown person without any document to the hospital at about 00:30 on August 17.
He was taken to an intensive care unit. Despite the efforts to keep him alive, doctors could not save his life.
Thereafter, the police officers found out that he entered the country by the name of Rovshan Aliyev.
Lankaransky had received up tp 20 bullet wounds when he was brought to the hospital.
The prosecutor’s office decided not to hand over his body for forensic medical examination, because he certainly died of the many bullet wounds he had received. The deceased’s relatives did not have any objection to the decision.
Currently, relevant documents are being prepared to bring Lankaransky’s body to Azerbaijan.
The body will be brought to Azerbaijan once the consulate in Istanbul confirms the document.
The other person, who was with Rovshan Lankaransky in the car, is under police surveillance in Sisli Hamidiye Etfal Training and Research Hospital.
Rovshan Janiyev, aka Rovshan Lankaranski, was first sentenced to 2-year imprisonment in 1996. Rovshan Janiyev shot at his father’s murderer in the courtroom. Under the decision of Sabail district court on March 4, 1997, he got suspended sentence. In July, 2000, he was held accountable again. He was accused of attempting to commit premeditated murder, illegally obtaining, carrying, purchasing firearms, explosives. The court passed a decision on his psychological treatment. Under the decision of Sabunchu district court in 2001, Janiyev was freed from criminal responsibility.
Rovshan Lankaranski was arrested in Ukraine in December, 2009 and was extradited to Azerbaijan on December 13. Though public prosecutor demanded 12 year imprisonment for him was sentenced to 2 years, 10 months and 19 days in prison.
An Italian court also issued an international arrest warrant for Rovshan. For this reason, he changed his last name to Aliyev. The Italian court charged him with organized crimes, bribery, money laundering and counterfeit documents.
Istanbul. Mayis Alizadeh – APA. Rovshan LankaranSKY has died in Istanbul’s “Florence Nightingale” hospital.
According to APA’s Turkey correspondent, the Consulate General of Azerbaijan in Istanbul has begun preparing documents to send his body back to the country.
His driver, who also was wounded in the shooting, is under intensive care in Sisli Hamidiye Etfal Training and Research Hospital.
The hospital told APA that the bullets have been pulled out from his abdominal and he will stay in hospital for a few more days as he had breaks in his arms and legs.
Rovshan’s brother Namiq answered the phone but left the question about his brother unanswered.
Despite his last name is written as Aliyev on his national ID card, investigations found out that he is Rovshan Lankaransky (Janiyev).
The APA correspondent also learned that Rovshan received five bullet wounds, one of which pierced his eye.
Istanbul police are investigating the incident.
Lankaransky, who is under intensive care in hospital, is said to be in critical condition.
Baku - APA. In Istanbul, there was an armed incident.
Two unidentified men opened fire on entrepreneur Rovshan Aliyev’s car, APAreports quoting Anadolu agency.
Businessman and his driver were wounded and taken to hospital in serious condition. Despite the efforts of doctors driver’s life could not be saved.
- 23.03.2017Two detained in Baku on suspicion of hooligan acts against Iranian citizen
- 23.03.2017Azerbaijani man commits suicide after murdering mother
- 22.03.2017Road accident in Barda claims lives of two, other four injured
- 22.03.2017Body found in Caspian Sea identified: Headquarters
- 22.03.2017Azerbaijani citizen wanted by Interpol for serious crime detained
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani State Security Service prevents illegal distribution of ecstasy
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijani man, sentenced to life in 2007, gets sentence reduced
- 15.03.2017Metro station "28 May" is open to passengers after smoke prevented
- 15.03.2017Body recovered from Caspian Sea identified as missing Azerbaijani oilman - UPDATED
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijan initiates criminal case over death of five people from carbon monoxide poisoning
- 15.03.2017College director: Death of two of our students is a big tragedy
- 15.03.2017Victims identified in fatal carbon monoxide poisoning in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani police to tighten security for Novruz celebrations
- 14.03.2017Three detained over murder of Azerbaijani poet’s son
- 14.03.2017Georgian police detain Azerbaijani citizen over keeping firearms
- 13.03.2017Another male corpse found in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 13.03.2017Former Azerbaijani police officer dies in prison
- 10.03.2017Grenade blasts in teahouse in Ismayilli, two injured
- 10.03.2017State Security Service eliminates firearm smugglers
- 10.03.2017Boat overturns in Caspian Sea, fishermen rescued by helicopter - UPDATED
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijan detains three for attempting to smuggle large quantities of dollars and gold bullions
- 10.03.20177 killed, 24 injured in Azerbaijan road accidents in one day
- 09.03.2017Criminal case initiated over fatal road accident in Baku
- 09.03.2017Azerbaijan detained 37 trespassers in February
- 09.03.2017Five killed in Baku minibus crash identified - UPDATED-3
- 04.03.2017Lapshin allowed to telephone his relatives
- 04.03.2017One more corpse found in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 03.03.2017Blogger Mehman Huseynov arrested in courtroom
- 02.03.2017Body recovered from Caspian Sea identified as missing Azerbaijani oilman
- 28.02.2017Dead body found in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 28.02.2017Earthquake hits Armenia, tremors also felt in Azerbaijan
- 27.02.2017Akif Chovdrov’s trial continues Monday - UPDATED
- 27.02.2017Azerbaijan arrests narcological dispensary chief physician on bribery charges
- 27.02.2017Azerbaijan imposed AZN 85.4 mln fine for violation of traffic rules last year
- 27.02.2017Azerbaijan punishes 330 police officers for offences
- 25.02.2017Police search for Ujar resident appropriating money of citizens for making fake visas
- 24.02.2017Two Azerbaijani citizens detained on charges of spying for foreign country
- 24.02.2017Police detain suspect in murder of two sisters in Azerbaijan’s Ganja
- 24.02.2017Alexander Lapshin meets new lawyer
- 23.02.2017Azerbaijani diaspora leader arrested in Russia
- 19.08.2016Rovshan Lankaransky buried
- 19.08.2016Azerbaijanis go on hunger strike in Russia to protest deportation
- 19.08.2016Prosecutor seeks 15 years in prison for two men who fought in Syria
- 18.08.2016Man killed by eight in Azerbaijan’s Hajiqabul
- 18.08.2016Department head of Main Directorate for Combating Organized Crime gives testimony in court over Nardaran incidents
- 18.08.2016Court announces verdict against Azerbaijani men who fought for ISIL