Rovshen Janiyev's body brought to Azerbaijan
APA southern bureau reports that the body, brought by Istanbul-Lankaran special flight, is sent to the mosque "Kicik Bazar".
R. Janiyev will be buried at the cemetery of Kicik Bazar.
Istanbul. Mayis Alizadeh-APA. All documents required bringing Azerbaijani crime boss Rovshan Lankaransky’s (Janiyev) body, who was killed in Istanbul last night, have already been prepared and handed over to his relatives, the Consulate General of Azerbaijan in Istanbul told APA.
According to the information, currently in the Istanbul airport is paperwork to send the body to Azerbaijan
Rovshan Lankaransky’s body will be brought to his native Lenkaran region.
stanbul. Mayis Alizade - APA. Some details have emerged of the shooting of Rovshan Lankaransky (Janiyev).
APA’s Turkey bureau reports quoting Florence Nightingale Hospital that a taxi driver brought an unknown person without any document to the hospital at about 00:30 on August 17.
He was taken to an intensive care unit. Despite the efforts to keep him alive, doctors could not save his life.
Thereafter, the police officers found out that he entered the country by the name of Rovshan Aliyev.
Lankaransky had received up tp 20 bullet wounds when he was brought to the hospital.
The prosecutor’s office decided not to hand over his body for forensic medical examination, because he certainly died of the many bullet wounds he had received. The deceased’s relatives did not have any objection to the decision.
Currently, relevant documents are being prepared to bring Lankaransky’s body to Azerbaijan.
The body will be brought to Azerbaijan once the consulate in Istanbul confirms the document.
The other person, who was with Rovshan Lankaransky in the car, is under police surveillance in Sisli Hamidiye Etfal Training and Research Hospital.
Rovshan Janiyev, aka Rovshan Lankaranski, was first sentenced to 2-year imprisonment in 1996. Rovshan Janiyev shot at his father’s murderer in the courtroom. Under the decision of Sabail district court on March 4, 1997, he got suspended sentence. In July, 2000, he was held accountable again. He was accused of attempting to commit premeditated murder, illegally obtaining, carrying, purchasing firearms, explosives. The court passed a decision on his psychological treatment. Under the decision of Sabunchu district court in 2001, Janiyev was freed from criminal responsibility.
Rovshan Lankaranski was arrested in Ukraine in December, 2009 and was extradited to Azerbaijan on December 13. Though public prosecutor demanded 12 year imprisonment for him was sentenced to 2 years, 10 months and 19 days in prison.
An Italian court also issued an international arrest warrant for Rovshan. For this reason, he changed his last name to Aliyev. The Italian court charged him with organized crimes, bribery, money laundering and counterfeit documents.
Istanbul. Mayis Alizadeh – APA. Rovshan LankaranSKY has died in Istanbul’s “Florence Nightingale” hospital.
According to APA’s Turkey correspondent, the Consulate General of Azerbaijan in Istanbul has begun preparing documents to send his body back to the country.
His driver, who also was wounded in the shooting, is under intensive care in Sisli Hamidiye Etfal Training and Research Hospital.
The hospital told APA that the bullets have been pulled out from his abdominal and he will stay in hospital for a few more days as he had breaks in his arms and legs.
Rovshan’s brother Namiq answered the phone but left the question about his brother unanswered.
Despite his last name is written as Aliyev on his national ID card, investigations found out that he is Rovshan Lankaransky (Janiyev).
The APA correspondent also learned that Rovshan received five bullet wounds, one of which pierced his eye.
Istanbul police are investigating the incident.
Lankaransky, who is under intensive care in hospital, is said to be in critical condition.
Baku - APA. In Istanbul, there was an armed incident.
Two unidentified men opened fire on entrepreneur Rovshan Aliyev’s car, APAreports quoting Anadolu agency.
Businessman and his driver were wounded and taken to hospital in serious condition. Despite the efforts of doctors driver’s life could not be saved.
- 19.09.2017Ten people suffer minor smoke inhalation after fire at warehouse of cosmetics factory in Baku
- 18.09.2017Akif Chovdarov's lawyer makes speech at trial
- 16.09.2017Tofig Zulfugarov: ‘I have been involved in the investigation on this traffic accident as a witness’
- 15.09.2017Human rights defenders issue statement on release of a group of persons
- 15.09.2017Son of Baku City Main Police Department spokesman arrested over fatal road accident
- 15.09.2017APFP chairman’s assistant released from prison
- 14.09.2017Another four people arrested over Nardaran events released
- 13.09.2017Alexander Lapshin’s mother arrives in Baku
- 12.09.2017Lapshin’s mother to arrive in Baku, blogger to be sent to Israel in coming days
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani citizen killed in Tbilisi
- 11.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev pardons Alexander Lapshin
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijan detained 47 trespassers last month
- 11.09.2017Moldovan embassy car crashes in Baku
- 07.09.2017Another meeting held at headquarters set up to tackle forest fires in Azerbaijan’s Gabala
- 05.09.2017Forest fires in Azerbaijan’s Gabala fully brought under control
- 05.09.2017Fire in territory of Shahdag National Park extinguished
- 04.09.2017Meeting held at headquarters set up to tackle forest fire in Azerbaijan's Gabala
- 04.09.2017Forest fire in Azerbaijan’s Gabala brought under control
- 04.09.2017Efforts underway to extinguish forest fire in Azerbaijan’s Gabala
- 01.09.2017MENR chooses emergency mode as fires continue in Gabala
- 31.08.2017Fire localized in Georgia’s Abastumani, Azerbaijan actively involved in ops
- 31.08.2017Fire breaks out in forest in Azerbaijan’s Oghuz
- 31.08.2017Consul: Mother of Azerbaijani athlete killed in road accident in Lebanon will fly to Beirut
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan’s helicopter joins operation to extinguish forest fires in Georgia
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan again sends helicopter to help Georgia tackle forest fires
- 29.08.2017Trial of Azerbaijan MNS ex-officials continues
- 29.08.2017Azerbaijani police to tighten security during Eid al-Adha holidays
- 28.08.2017Azerbaijan’s firefighting and rescue forces return home from Georgia
- 28.08.2017Last victim of weapons storage fire in Azerbaijan discharged from hospital
- 28.08.2017Suspected terrorist eliminated in Azerbaijan
- 27.08.2017Fire at military unit of Defense Ministry localized and prevented from spreading
- 27.08.2017Special commission set up under Azerbaijani president's instructions to determine cause of fire at weapons storage
- 27.08.2017Immediate measures are being taken at the scene of the incident
- 27.08.2017Fire breaks out at weapons storage in Azerbaijan
- 26.08.2017Prime Minister of Georgia met with helicopter crew of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Azerbaijan
- 25.08.2017Two killed as car hits pedestrians in Tovuz
- 25.08.2017Azerbaijani Ministry of Emergency Situations issues statement on fire-fighting ops in Georgia
- 25.08.2017Mehman Aliyev sentenced to 3-month pretrial detention - UPDATED
- 25.08.2017Azerbaijan’s firefighters extinguish fire in area of 4ha in Georgia
- 24.08.2017Azerbaijan’s firefighting team manage to extinguish fire in large area in Georgia
- 19.08.2016Rovshan Lankaransky buried
- 19.08.2016Azerbaijanis go on hunger strike in Russia to protest deportation
- 19.08.2016Prosecutor seeks 15 years in prison for two men who fought in Syria
- 18.08.2016Man killed by eight in Azerbaijan’s Hajiqabul
- 18.08.2016Department head of Main Directorate for Combating Organized Crime gives testimony in court over Nardaran incidents
- 18.08.2016Court announces verdict against Azerbaijani men who fought for ISIL