Rovshen Janiyev's body brought to Azerbaijan
APA southern bureau reports that the body, brought by Istanbul-Lankaran special flight, is sent to the mosque "Kicik Bazar".
R. Janiyev will be buried at the cemetery of Kicik Bazar.
Istanbul. Mayis Alizadeh-APA. All documents required bringing Azerbaijani crime boss Rovshan Lankaransky’s (Janiyev) body, who was killed in Istanbul last night, have already been prepared and handed over to his relatives, the Consulate General of Azerbaijan in Istanbul told APA.
According to the information, currently in the Istanbul airport is paperwork to send the body to Azerbaijan
Rovshan Lankaransky’s body will be brought to his native Lenkaran region.
stanbul. Mayis Alizade - APA. Some details have emerged of the shooting of Rovshan Lankaransky (Janiyev).
APA’s Turkey bureau reports quoting Florence Nightingale Hospital that a taxi driver brought an unknown person without any document to the hospital at about 00:30 on August 17.
He was taken to an intensive care unit. Despite the efforts to keep him alive, doctors could not save his life.
Thereafter, the police officers found out that he entered the country by the name of Rovshan Aliyev.
Lankaransky had received up tp 20 bullet wounds when he was brought to the hospital.
The prosecutor’s office decided not to hand over his body for forensic medical examination, because he certainly died of the many bullet wounds he had received. The deceased’s relatives did not have any objection to the decision.
Currently, relevant documents are being prepared to bring Lankaransky’s body to Azerbaijan.
The body will be brought to Azerbaijan once the consulate in Istanbul confirms the document.
The other person, who was with Rovshan Lankaransky in the car, is under police surveillance in Sisli Hamidiye Etfal Training and Research Hospital.
Rovshan Janiyev, aka Rovshan Lankaranski, was first sentenced to 2-year imprisonment in 1996. Rovshan Janiyev shot at his father’s murderer in the courtroom. Under the decision of Sabail district court on March 4, 1997, he got suspended sentence. In July, 2000, he was held accountable again. He was accused of attempting to commit premeditated murder, illegally obtaining, carrying, purchasing firearms, explosives. The court passed a decision on his psychological treatment. Under the decision of Sabunchu district court in 2001, Janiyev was freed from criminal responsibility.
Rovshan Lankaranski was arrested in Ukraine in December, 2009 and was extradited to Azerbaijan on December 13. Though public prosecutor demanded 12 year imprisonment for him was sentenced to 2 years, 10 months and 19 days in prison.
An Italian court also issued an international arrest warrant for Rovshan. For this reason, he changed his last name to Aliyev. The Italian court charged him with organized crimes, bribery, money laundering and counterfeit documents.
Istanbul. Mayis Alizadeh – APA. Rovshan LankaranSKY has died in Istanbul’s “Florence Nightingale” hospital.
According to APA’s Turkey correspondent, the Consulate General of Azerbaijan in Istanbul has begun preparing documents to send his body back to the country.
His driver, who also was wounded in the shooting, is under intensive care in Sisli Hamidiye Etfal Training and Research Hospital.
The hospital told APA that the bullets have been pulled out from his abdominal and he will stay in hospital for a few more days as he had breaks in his arms and legs.
Rovshan’s brother Namiq answered the phone but left the question about his brother unanswered.
Despite his last name is written as Aliyev on his national ID card, investigations found out that he is Rovshan Lankaransky (Janiyev).
The APA correspondent also learned that Rovshan received five bullet wounds, one of which pierced his eye.
Istanbul police are investigating the incident.
Lankaransky, who is under intensive care in hospital, is said to be in critical condition.
Baku - APA. In Istanbul, there was an armed incident.
Two unidentified men opened fire on entrepreneur Rovshan Aliyev’s car, APAreports quoting Anadolu agency.
Businessman and his driver were wounded and taken to hospital in serious condition. Despite the efforts of doctors driver’s life could not be saved.
- 29.04.2017Former deputy head of Azerbaijan’s Khazar district executive authority recognized as victim in case of MNS ex-official
- 28.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official continues
- 28.04.2017Russian court pronounces verdict in case against two Azerbaijanis accused of kidnapping
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijani MNS ex-official: 2 mln manats taken from budget sent to Eldar Mahmudov
- 27.04.2017Preliminary hearing held in case of Azerbaijani MNS ex-general
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office investigating reports of criminal case against Azerbaijani companies in Ukraine
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijan detains Georgian national who tried to hide in Azerbaijan after committing crime
- 24.04.2017Former MNS general to stand trial this week
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijan detains two trespassers, one of them attempts suicide
- 21.04.2017Interpol-wanted Azerbaijani citizen detained in Tbilisi
- 20.04.2017Landslide hits Azerbaijan’s Shamakhi, walls of two houses collapse
- 20.04.201738 criminal groups rendered harmless in Baku in 1Q 2017
- 19.04.2017Preliminary investigation into case of APFP chairman’s assistant completed
- 19.04.2017Judicial investigation into criminal case of Azerbaijan’s ex-heath minister completed
- 19.04.2017Baku Court of Appeal begins trial on appeal filed by Leyla and Arif Yunus
- 19.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official postponed due to absence of judge
- 19.04.2017Moscow police detain Azerbaijani man suspected of opening fire on his compatriot’s car
- 18.04.2017162 dead in road accidents in Azerbaijan since early 2017
- 17.04.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial continues - UPDATED
- 17.04.2017Man killed in horrific car crash in Baku turns out to be a victim in Akif Chovdarov’s case
- 17.04.2017Illegal firearm and ammunition seized from Barda resident’s house
- 14.04.2017Fire occurs in Baby House, 18 babies rescued
- 14.04.2017Three people killed in car crash in Baku identified - UPDATED
- 13.04.2017Russian citizen Marat Ueldanov arrested on drug charges in Azerbaijan standing trial
- 12.04.2017Criminal case opened over building collapse in Baku
- 12.04.2017Two dead, four injured after building collapses in Baku - UPDATED
- 12.04.2017Truck carrying medications worth €170,000 from Austria to Azerbaijan hijacked in Ukraine
- 12.04.2017Haji Javad mosque in Baku’s Sovetsky unregistered – deputy police chief
- 09.04.2017Another body found in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 08.04.2017Azerbaijani customs officers prevent illegal import of a statue of historical significance
- 08.04.2017Body found in Caspian Sea identified as missing Azerbaijani oilman
- 07.04.2017Preliminary hearing held in case of former Azerbaijani health minister
- 07.04.2017Prison term of former MNS general and others extended
- 07.04.2017Elnur Huseynzade's pretrial detention extended
- 06.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues - UPDATED
- 05.04.2017Baku police detain man suspected of stealing metal fences, crosses from cemetery
- 05.04.2017Akif Chovdarov's trial continues - UPDATED
- 05.04.2017Man suspected of stealing bag with 4,000 euros at Baku airport detained
- 05.04.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 04.04.2017Eight more trucks carrying products of Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
- 19.08.2016Rovshan Lankaransky buried
- 19.08.2016Azerbaijanis go on hunger strike in Russia to protest deportation
- 19.08.2016Prosecutor seeks 15 years in prison for two men who fought in Syria
- 18.08.2016Man killed by eight in Azerbaijan’s Hajiqabul
- 18.08.2016Department head of Main Directorate for Combating Organized Crime gives testimony in court over Nardaran incidents
- 18.08.2016Court announces verdict against Azerbaijani men who fought for ISIL