Airlander 10 'breaks in two' and collapses at Cardington
The world's longest aircraft has collapsed to the ground less than 24 hours after a successful test flight.
The £25m Airlander 10 - a combination of a plane and an airship - appeared to "break in two" at its base in Cardington, Bedfordshire, an eyewitness told the BBC.
It then deflated and collapsed to the ground. One woman on the ground suffered minor injuries.
Beds, Cambs and Herts Road Policing are at the scene.
Hybrid Air Vehicles Ltd said the Airlander was not flying at the time and was on its mooring mast.
No-one was on board and the woman, a member of staff, is believed to have cuts and bruises.
On Friday, the Airlander took off at 15:11 GMT and landed at 16:18 GMT at Cardington Airfield.
Hybrid Air Vehicles Ltd had said it was now in the "next phase of extended test flights".
It will soon "fly higher, faster, further and longer", the company said.
In August 2016 the aircraft crash-landed after climbing to an excessive height because its mooring line became caught on power cables.
The 302ft (92m) long aircraft nosedived after the test flight at Cardington. No one was injured.
The Air Accidents Investigation Branch said the line was hanging free after a first landing attempt had failed.
- 13.12.2017Czech PM Babis takes office but so far lacks parliamentary backing
- 13.12.2017CIA official called to police department in Turkey
- 13.12.2017EU’s Tusk says refugee quota ‘ineffective’
- 13.12.2017Spanish court orders seizure of ex-Catalan president Mas's house
- 13.12.2017Parliamentary defeat will not stop preparations for Brexit day: UK government
- 13.12.2017Work linked with supplies of Russian S-400 systems to be over in one week - Erdogan
- 12.12.2017EU to extend sanctions against Russia before yearend
- 12.12.2017Germany extends military deployments worldwide
- 12.12.2017Russian credit to cover part of S-400 missile deal with Turkey
- 12.12.2017EU leaders to discuss defense, migration this week
- 12.12.2017NATO chief Stoltenberg’s mandate extended
- 12.12.2017Merkel urges swift talks for German coalition
- 12.12.2017Turkey to host trilateral security meeting on Dec. 14
- 12.12.2017UK prime minister says EU deal 'good news for everyone'
- 12.12.2017Putin, Erdogan discuss trade liberalization
- 12.12.2017Erdogan: S-400 missile deal with Russia to be finalized
- 11.12.2017Turkish, Russian presidents meet in Ankara
- 11.12.2017Storms, snow hit northern Europe
- 11.12.2017Armenian citizens detained in Georgia
- 10.12.2017UK Foreign Secretary confirms commitment to implementation of Iran nuclear deal
- 10.12.2017Akkuyu nuclear power plant project to be launched today
- 08.12.2017Turkish security forces kill 20 PKK terrorists in week
- 08.12.2017Poroshenko: Situation around Saakashvili not worth international attention
- 08.12.2017Russia ready to promote N. Korea-US dialogue on Pyongyang’s security guarantees - Lavrov
- 08.12.2017Polish PM resigns after two years in office
- 08.12.2017Lavrov and Tillerson reiterate importance of further contacts on Afghanistan
- 07.12.2017Russian and Ukrainian top diplomats begin meeting in Vienna
- 07.12.2017Turkish president talks to Russian counterpart about US recognition of Jerusalem as Israeli capital
- 07.12.2017Negative past between Turkey, Greece is history now
- 07.12.2017Thousands across Turkey protest Trump’s Jerusalem move
- 07.12.2017Greek police fire teargas at protesters on anniversary of riots
- 07.12.2017Turkey condemns 'unacceptable' US decision on Jerusalem
- 06.12.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian Foreign Ministers ended in Vienna - UPDATED
- 06.12.2017Germany drops spying investigation into Turkish imams
- 06.12.2017Fire erupts at Georgian hydroelectric power station
- 06.12.2017US’ Jerusalem move may trigger new clashes in region: Erdogan
- 06.12.2017Georgia detains man for attempting to smuggle 129 pneumatic pistols from Turkey
- 06.12.2017Belgium drops Puigdemont extradition case
- 06.12.2017At least 50 are feared wounded after passenger, freight trains collide in Germany - UPDATED
- 05.12.2017Turkey, German bank sign deal for training for Syrians
- 18.11.2017Erdogan condemns 'impudence' during NATO drill
- 18.11.2017NATO chief once again apologizes to Turkish president
- 19.11.2017Several foreign nationals detained in Athens over clashes with police
- 18.11.2017Turkish FM: "Turkey has evidence of US arming terror groups"
- 18.11.2017Turkish court releases 13 suspects in major FETO case
- 17.11.2017Helicopter, aircraft in midair collision, say UK police