6 suspects released in FETO's business network case
An Istanbul court on Friday released six people allegedly linked with Fetullah Terrorist Organization’s (FETO) business network, a judicial official said, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
Known as the TUSKON case against 86 suspects, the trial -- which started on Oct. 23 -- involves members of the TUSKON business association, which was shut down for its alleged financial support to the FETO.
FETO and its U.S.-based leader Fetullah Gulen orchestrated the defeated coup attempt of July 15, 2016, which left 250 people martyred and nearly 2,200 injured.
Ankara accuses FETO of being behind a long-running campaign to overthrow the state through the infiltration of Turkish institutions, particularly the military, police, and judiciary.
Istanbul's 23rd Heavy Penal Court released the suspects -- including Ahmet Sener Gulenc, Ilhan Karagoz, Levent Dursunakin, Oguz Kaan Gunduz, Salih Zeki Azak and Selahattin Altuntas -- and also ordered a travel ban for them.
Among those in custody are Omer Faruk Kavurmacı, chairman of the Aydinli Group, Faruk Gullu, co-owner of the well-known Faruk Gulluoglu baklava chain, Tolga Guven, Safak Koca, Cetin Tekmedir, Ahmet Tuzlu, Mehmet Zenginer and Mustafa Zenginer.
Arrest warrants were issued for Mehmet Ali Gov, Serkan Ercan, Suat Baris, Semih Gayretli, Muhdi Yeyrek, Ceyhun Pilatin and İsmail Kinay, which are also suspects in the trial.
The court decided to hold the next hearing of the trial on June 18 in Istanbul’s Silivri prison.
Related news releases
- 22.07.2018Turkish, US treasury chiefs to meet at G20 event
- 22.07.2018One person killed in Norwegian gyrocopter crash:
- 21.07.2018UK detains 2 Dutch nationals for importing 1.6 tons of cocaine
- 21.07.20182 dead after migrant boat capsizes in NW Turkey
- 21.07.2018Man arrested after knife attack on German bus
- 20.07.2018Germany bus incident: At least 14 injured in suspected knife attack in Lubeck
- 19.07.2018Armenian deputy PM: Problem in Upper Lars hinders export of goods
- 19.07.2018Turkey lifts two-year-old state of emergency
- 17.07.2018Obama warns against 'strongman politics' in speech after Trump news conference
- 16.07.20182 die in France during World Cup celebrations
- 16.07.2018Man ejected from room ahead of Trump-Putin press briefing
- 16.07.2018Mogherini: Summit of EU, EaP countries to be held October 15
- 16.07.2018Putin, Trump hold one-on-one meeting
- 16.07.2018Apartment sold in Bitcoin in Batumi
- 16.07.2018Putin-Trump summit gets underway in Helsinki - UPDATED
- 16.07.2018Mogherini: EU is planning to increase support to Eastern Partnership
- 15.07.2018Norway reconfirms commitment to NATO defense spending target
- 15.07.2018Georgian parliament expresses confidence in the renewed government
- 14.07.2018Putin, Erdogan discuss joint steps in Syria
- 14.07.2018Turkish, Russian presidents discuss TurkStream, Akkuyu project over the phone - UPDATED
- 14.07.2018Opposition party members dump coffin outside Georgian parliament
- 14.07.2018Forest fire in Georgia’s Svaneti extinguished
- 14.07.2018Malta rebuffs Italy, says not responsible for migrant boat
- 14.07.2018Word 'Russia' goes unspoken as Mattis meets Balkan defense chiefs
- 13.07.2018Tens of thousands march through London in anti-Trump protests
- 12.07.2018Turkey: Binali Yildirim elected parliament speaker
- 12.07.2018Trump says he will raise election meddling with Putin at summit
- 12.07.2018Trump says NATO allies agreed to boost defense spending after his pressure
- 12.07.2018Helicopter crashes in Georgia, 5 people injured
- 12.07.2018SG Stoltenberg: NATO’s door remains open for Georgia
- 12.07.2018Czech government wins confidence vote in Parliament
- 12.07.2018NATO formally invites Macedonia to join alliance
- 12.07.2018Putin, Netanyahu meet in Moscow
- 12.07.2018Turkish airstrikes ‘neutralize’ 17 terrorists
- 11.07.2018NATO allies vow to meet spending targets after Trump criticism
- 11.07.2018Georgia names new prosecutor general
- 11.07.2018George Tsereteli elected OSCE PA president
- 11.07.2018EU appoints new ambassador to Georgia
- 11.07.2018Trump lashes out at Germany as ‘captive of Russia’
- 11.07.2018French military helicopter crashes in Abidjan
- 31.03.2018Italy summons French ambassador over border incident
- 31.03.2018Russian Embassy urges nationals to reconsider plans to travel to UK
- 31.03.2018Two reportedly dead as light plane crashes on motorway in France
- 31.03.2018Erdogan, Trump discuss bilateral, regional issues
- 31.03.2018Turkish, Russian foreign ministers speak over phone
- 31.03.2018Gaza protests: 16 Palestinians killed in confrontations with Israeli forces - UPDATED