400 Daesh terrorists released by PYD/PKK
"It is confirmed that 400 Daesh prisoners in Raqqa, Afrin and Deir ez-Zour were released on the condition that they will fight against Turkey," Mahir Unal said at a news conference following a Central Decision and Executive Board meeting of the AK Party.
AK Party spokesman said the National Defense Minister Nurettin Canikli gave briefing on the country's recently launched Operation Olive Branch in Syria's Afrin.
"We have revealed how the PYD/PKK-Daesh relations in Raqqa was uncovered […] It is confirmed that especially in Raqqa, Afrin and Deir ez-Zour, 400 Daesh militants were released from prison by the PYD/PKK on the condition of fighting against Turkey," he said.
He said the terrorist PYD/PKK's recent move refuted the U.S.' claims of fighting against Daesh on the ground.
Unal's remarks came after Vassily Nebenzia, Russia's permanent representative to the UN, told a Security Council meeting the PYD/PKK terror group in northern Syria pardoned 400 Daesh members in early January.
Adding some of them to the ranks of the PYD/PKK-led group SDF, Nebenzia said 120 of released Daesh terrorists entered the ranks of the PYD/PKK terror group in Syria.
Related news releases
- 18.02.2018Small earthquake hits Britain, strongest for 10 years
- 18.02.2018Thousands rally against Munich Security Conference in Germany
- 17.02.2018Sweden grants citizenship to scientist sentenced to death in Iran
- 17.02.2018Blast at Agricultural Plant in Northern France Leaves 2 Killed
- 17.02.2018Georgian, Turkish PMs discuss regional transport projects
- 17.02.2018Moldova to host summit of GUAM prime ministers
- 17.02.2018Lavrov: Russia Ready for partnership with EU, US based on mutual respect
- 17.02.2018Turkey, US joint statement alludes to YPG terror group
- 16.02.2018Uncertainty reigns in final polls ahead of Italy election
- 16.02.2018Tillerson: US will 'work on' its Manbij promises given to Turkey
- 16.02.2018Tillerson: 'US, Turkey will act together'
- 16.02.2018Two killed in Turkish military training plane crash
- 16.02.2018UK Business leaders propose partial customs union with EU
- 16.02.2018PM Yildirim sends condolences to US Vice President
- 16.02.2018Turkish president, US secretary of state meet for 3 hours and 15 minutes in Ankara - UPDATED
- 15.02.201822 families evacuated after huge sinkhole opens up in Rome
- 15.02.2018Turkey, Germany vow to improve strained ties
- 15.02.2018U.S. State Secretary arrives in Turkey
- 15.02.2018Leading Swiss rail company to construct carriage-building and repair plant in Tbilisi
- 15.02.2018Turkey’s opposition leader Kilicdaroglu hospitalized
- 15.02.2018NATO to modernize command structure
- 14.02.2018Turkish defense min. meets US counterpart in Brussels
- 14.02.2018France will strike Syria if chemical weapons use proven
- 14.02.2018Saakashvili promises more protests in Ukraine
- 14.02.2018Turkish, Greek prime ministers speak over phone
- 13.02.2018Martin Schulz resigns as German SPD chief
- 13.02.20183 killed as migrant boat capsizes in NW Turkey
- 13.02.2018Dutch foreign minister resigns after lying about Putin
- 13.02.2018UK judge refuses to withdraw arrest warrant for Assange
- 13.02.2018Turkish defense head attends anti-Daesh meeting in Rome
- 13.02.2018N. Ireland power-sharing talks enter ‘decisive phase’
- 13.02.2018One killed, 22 hurt in Austrian train crash: police
- 12.02.2018Ukraine deports Saakashvili on charter flight to Poland - border service
- 12.02.2018Georgia believes in power of dialogue in resolving regional conflicts, minister says
- 12.02.201831 Turkish soldiers killed since Afrin op launched, military says
- 11.02.2018SBU detained an Azerbaijani citizen wanted by Interpol
- 11.02.2018The biggest problem of Ukraine is corruption – Poroshenko
- 10.02.2018Anti-racism protest after migrant shooting in Italy
- 07.02.2018Ousted Catalan leader announces government in exile
- 07.02.2018Macron backs Corsica mention in constitution, rejects other demands
- 10.02.2018Turkish army moves to SE Idlib to set observation point
- 10.02.2018Turkish FM spokesman slams US remarks on FETO convict
- 10.02.2018Representatives of Azerbaijani Diaspora meet with Finnish Ambassador to South Caucasus
- 09.02.2018Turkey arrests 3 over terror propaganda on social media
- 09.02.2018Macron to discuss with Putin his visit to Russia
- 08.02.2018U.S. vows new North Korea sanctions ahead of Olympics face-off