26 wounded in barrier collapse during soccer game in north France
A barrier collapsed during a Ligue 1 soccer game between Amiens and Lille on Saturday, leaving 26 supporters wounded with four in critical situation, APA l reports quoting Xinhua.
Footage showed dozens of fans falling from about 1.80 meter to the floor after the security fence collapsed at Stade de La Licorne in Amiens, north France.
The incident occurred when Lille supporters were celebrating Fode Ballo's goal in the 15th minute of the match.
Reports added the injured were hospitalized while supporters were evacuated.
On her tweeter account, Sports Minister Laura Flessel expressed "all solidarity" with the injured and paid tribute to rescue teams' "essential mobilization".
The game was interrupted in the first half for security reason and will not be resumed on Saturday evening.
Related news releases
- 12.12.2017Merkel urges swift talks for German coalition
- 12.12.2017Turkey to host trilateral security meeting on Dec. 14
- 12.12.2017UK prime minister says EU deal 'good news for everyone'
- 12.12.2017Putin, Erdogan discuss trade liberalization
- 12.12.2017Erdogan: S-400 missile deal with Russia to be finalized
- 11.12.2017Turkish, Russian presidents meet in Ankara
- 11.12.2017Storms, snow hit northern Europe
- 11.12.2017Armenian citizens detained in Georgia
- 10.12.2017UK Foreign Secretary confirms commitment to implementation of Iran nuclear deal
- 10.12.2017Akkuyu nuclear power plant project to be launched today
- 08.12.2017Turkish security forces kill 20 PKK terrorists in week
- 08.12.2017Poroshenko: Situation around Saakashvili not worth international attention
- 08.12.2017Russia ready to promote N. Korea-US dialogue on Pyongyang’s security guarantees - Lavrov
- 08.12.2017Polish PM resigns after two years in office
- 08.12.2017Lavrov and Tillerson reiterate importance of further contacts on Afghanistan
- 07.12.2017Russian and Ukrainian top diplomats begin meeting in Vienna
- 07.12.2017Turkish president talks to Russian counterpart about US recognition of Jerusalem as Israeli capital
- 07.12.2017Negative past between Turkey, Greece is history now
- 07.12.2017Thousands across Turkey protest Trump’s Jerusalem move
- 07.12.2017Greek police fire teargas at protesters on anniversary of riots
- 07.12.2017Turkey condemns 'unacceptable' US decision on Jerusalem
- 06.12.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian Foreign Ministers ended in Vienna - UPDATED
- 06.12.2017Germany drops spying investigation into Turkish imams
- 06.12.2017Fire erupts at Georgian hydroelectric power station
- 06.12.2017US’ Jerusalem move may trigger new clashes in region: Erdogan
- 06.12.2017Georgia detains man for attempting to smuggle 129 pneumatic pistols from Turkey
- 06.12.2017Belgium drops Puigdemont extradition case
- 06.12.2017At least 50 are feared wounded after passenger, freight trains collide in Germany - UPDATED
- 05.12.2017Turkey, German bank sign deal for training for Syrians
- 05.12.2017Turkish courts convict 10 over FETO links
- 05.12.2017Ukrainian interior minister calls on Saakashvili to abide by law
- 05.12.2017Saakashvili supporters free him from police van after detention in Kiev
- 05.12.2017Erdogan warns to cut ties with Israel if Jerusalem recognized as Israeli capital
- 05.12.2017EU sometimes has hard time contacting US: Official
- 05.12.2017Turkish jets destroy PKK targets in northern Iraq
- 05.12.2017Jordan’s King Abdullah II to visit Turkey on Wednesday
- 04.12.2017No deal in Brexit talks yet, says EU
- 03.12.2017Turkish FM: "Gülen movement has infiltrated U.S. Congress"
- 03.12.2017France's Macron calls on Iraq to dismantle all militias
- 02.12.2017Police clear protesters as Germany's far-right AfD picks new leaders
- 01.10.2017Barcelona's local residents 'occupy' schools ahead of Catalan independence vote
- 02.10.2017Five dead, eight injured in fire in France
- 02.10.2017Fifths customs checkpoint opens on Georgian-Armenian border
- 30.09.2017Georgian MIA releases statement regarding situation in Kumurdo village
- 30.09.2017Scuffle occurs among police and Armenians in Georgia, involved special forces
- 30.09.2017Air France says flight AF 066 suffered serious engine damage