26 wounded in barrier collapse during soccer game in north France
A barrier collapsed during a Ligue 1 soccer game between Amiens and Lille on Saturday, leaving 26 supporters wounded with four in critical situation, APA l reports quoting Xinhua.
Footage showed dozens of fans falling from about 1.80 meter to the floor after the security fence collapsed at Stade de La Licorne in Amiens, north France.
The incident occurred when Lille supporters were celebrating Fode Ballo's goal in the 15th minute of the match.
Reports added the injured were hospitalized while supporters were evacuated.
On her tweeter account, Sports Minister Laura Flessel expressed "all solidarity" with the injured and paid tribute to rescue teams' "essential mobilization".
The game was interrupted in the first half for security reason and will not be resumed on Saturday evening.
Related news releases
- 24.02.2018Italy's League rallies in Milan as tense election campaign winds up
- 23.02.2018EU leaders agree to spend more on migration, defense, security
- 23.02.2018Turkey’s Erdogan calls U.S. Defense Department ‘immoral’
- 23.02.2018NCGA says concerned about anti-Azerbaijani and anti-Turkish reports in Georgian media
- 23.02.2018Turkey strongly condemns Dutch view of 1915 events
- 23.02.2018Slovenian army chief sacked after NATO test failure
- 23.02.2018London protest urges action over Eastern Ghouta bombing
- 22.02.2018Montenegro's Minister of European Affairs resigns
- 22.02.2018Car rams into group of children in Slovakia: 12 injured
- 22.02.2018Explosive device thrown at U.S. embassy building in Montenegro
- 22.02.2018Merkel ally blasts foreign minister for questioning NATO target
- 22.02.2018Germany backs resolution of Macedonia name row: Merkel
- 21.02.2018Britain wants to discuss length of Brexit transition with EU
- 21.02.2018Macron plans tighter asylum rules in test of parliamentary majority
- 20.02.2018Turkey will eradicate FETO all over world, Erdogan says
- 20.02.2018Northern Ireland Facing Epidemic of Suicide
- 20.02.2018U.S. attaches great importance to stability in region – Georgian PM
- 20.02.2018Turkish army to lay siege to Afrin city center soon: Erdogan
- 20.02.2018Turkey remands 13 for promoting PKK/KCK on social media
- 20.02.2018Turkish, Russian, Iranian FMs to meet in 2 weeks
- 20.02.2018Turkey warns against pro-Syria regime militia in Afrin
- 19.02.2018Turkish, Iranian leaders discuss Syria on phone
- 19.02.2018Ankara renames US embassy's street after Operation Olive Branch
- 19.02.2018Turkey warns Assad regime against supporting YPG/PKK
- 18.02.2018Armenian President suggests normalizing relations with Turkey through a new document
- 18.02.2018Latvian Central Bank Governor detained in corruption probe
- 18.02.2018Small earthquake hits Britain, strongest for 10 years
- 18.02.2018Thousands rally against Munich Security Conference in Germany
- 17.02.2018Sweden grants citizenship to scientist sentenced to death in Iran
- 17.02.2018Blast at Agricultural Plant in Northern France Leaves 2 Killed
- 17.02.2018Georgian, Turkish PMs discuss regional transport projects
- 17.02.2018Moldova to host summit of GUAM prime ministers
- 17.02.2018Lavrov: Russia Ready for partnership with EU, US based on mutual respect
- 17.02.2018Turkey, US joint statement alludes to YPG terror group
- 16.02.2018Uncertainty reigns in final polls ahead of Italy election
- 16.02.2018Tillerson: US will 'work on' its Manbij promises given to Turkey
- 16.02.2018Tillerson: 'US, Turkey will act together'
- 16.02.2018Two killed in Turkish military training plane crash
- 16.02.2018UK Business leaders propose partial customs union with EU
- 16.02.2018PM Yildirim sends condolences to US Vice President
- 01.10.2017Barcelona's local residents 'occupy' schools ahead of Catalan independence vote
- 02.10.2017Five dead, eight injured in fire in France
- 02.10.2017Fifths customs checkpoint opens on Georgian-Armenian border
- 30.09.2017Georgian MIA releases statement regarding situation in Kumurdo village
- 30.09.2017Scuffle occurs among police and Armenians in Georgia, involved special forces
- 30.09.2017Air France says flight AF 066 suffered serious engine damage