26 wounded in barrier collapse during soccer game in north France
A barrier collapsed during a Ligue 1 soccer game between Amiens and Lille on Saturday, leaving 26 supporters wounded with four in critical situation, APA l reports quoting Xinhua.
Footage showed dozens of fans falling from about 1.80 meter to the floor after the security fence collapsed at Stade de La Licorne in Amiens, north France.
The incident occurred when Lille supporters were celebrating Fode Ballo's goal in the 15th minute of the match.
Reports added the injured were hospitalized while supporters were evacuated.
On her tweeter account, Sports Minister Laura Flessel expressed "all solidarity" with the injured and paid tribute to rescue teams' "essential mobilization".
The game was interrupted in the first half for security reason and will not be resumed on Saturday evening.
Related news releases
- 23.06.2018UK: Tens of thousands march for Brexit deal referendum
- 23.06.2018OPEC decision on oil output lifts US energy sector, prices
- 23.06.2018Erdogan: New documents on top FETO member revealed
- 23.06.2018Group of OSCE Permanent Representatives return from fruitful trip to three countries of South Caucasus
- 22.06.2018France, Germany set to cooperate on next-generation ‘Superfighter’ jet
- 22.06.2018Merkel plays down chances of breakthrough in EU migration talks
- 22.06.2018Erdogan sheds light on Turkey’s new presidential system
- 22.06.2018Pompeo plans North Korea meeting at 'earliest possible date': U.S. spokeswoman
- 22.06.2018Turkish soldier succumbs to injuries
- 21.06.2018Man arrested in Germany was planning biological terror attack
- 20.06.2018EU to launch counter-tariffs against US on Friday
- 20.06.2018Merkel seeks refugee deal with EU partners
- 20.06.2018Merkel to Trump: Falling German crime stats 'speak for themselves'
- 20.06.2018'Minor Explosion' at UK Train Station spurs evacuation - UPDATED
- 20.06.2018France to lead joint fighter jet program with Germany
- 19.06.2018France, Germany vow to boost EU defense and security
- 19.06.2018Turkish deputy PM: We will definitely take F-35s
- 19.06.2018Turkish soldier martyred in bomb attack in SE Turkey
- 19.06.2018Turkey: 45 injured in bus crash
- 19.06.2018One killed, four injured in Malmo shooting: Swedish police - UPDATED
- 18.06.2018Candidate for Georgian premiership says number of ministries will decrease
- 18.06.2018EU extends sanctions against Russia for a year over Crimea
- 17.06.2018Turkey set to create own Antarctic research station next year — president
- 17.06.2018Protesters demand justice for Grenfell in London
- 17.06.2018OPEC+ to discuss production increase of 1.5 mln barrels only for Q3 — Russian minister
- 17.06.20186 arrested, 200 kg narcotics seized by Albanian police
- 16.06.2018Erdogan vows improved animal protection laws post polls
- 16.06.2018US soldier gets decked in face in drunken fistfight with Azerbaijanis in Lithuania
- 16.06.2018France's Macron looks for common ground with Italy on immigration debate
- 16.06.2018Turkish, Qatari leaders discuss Palestine over phone
- 15.06.2018Greece, Macedonia to sign name change accord June 17: Greek ministry
- 15.06.2018Police chief of Georgia’s Adjara region murdered
- 15.06.2018Turkish PM says state of emergency to be lifted
- 14.06.2018Turkish PM says armed attackers in southeastern Turkey are PKK supporters
- 14.06.2018France is ready to accept migrants from Aquarius Ship amid standoff with Italy - UPDATED
- 14.06.2018Armed attack on campaigning AK Party members in SE Turkey leaves 3 dead, 8 injured - UPDATED
- 14.06.2018Mamuka Bakhtadze nominated as Georgian PM
- 14.06.2018Turkish jets ‘neutralize’ 3 PKK terrorists in N. Iraq
- 13.06.2018Macedonia president says won't approve name deal with Greece
- 13.06.2018Georgian PM resigns
- 01.10.2017Barcelona's local residents 'occupy' schools ahead of Catalan independence vote
- 02.10.2017Five dead, eight injured in fire in France
- 02.10.2017Fifths customs checkpoint opens on Georgian-Armenian border
- 30.09.2017Georgian MIA releases statement regarding situation in Kumurdo village
- 30.09.2017Scuffle occurs among police and Armenians in Georgia, involved special forces
- 30.09.2017Air France says flight AF 066 suffered serious engine damage