At least 9 injured in train accident in Vienna - UPDATED
At least nine people were injured in a train-crash accident on Saturday in Vienna, police told media, APA reports quoting Xinhua.
Two trains crashed in Vienna Meidling station, one of the main train station of the city in the afternoon. A witness told local media that the accident took place in the station when both trains ran in low speed.
At least nine were injured in the crash, and the drivers of the two train were not injured. Some of the passengers have been sent to hospital in Vienna.
The authority is investigating the accident, the conclusion is supposed to be unveiled next week.
Related news releases
- 30.05.2017NATO says it’s not planning to deploy forces in Georgian ports
- 30.05.2017After talks, France's Macron hits out at Russian media, Putin denies hacking
- 30.05.2017Germany foreign minister slams Trump administration
- 29.05.2017Number of Albania opposition rally poisoning victims rises to 140
- 29.05.2017Vladimir Putin and Emmanuel Macron hold joint press conference
- 29.05.2017NATO PA adopts declaration supporting Georgia's Euro-Atlantic integration
- 29.05.2017Montenegrin FM accuses Moscow of meddling his country’s internal affairs
- 29.05.2017NATO PA spring session underway in Georgian capital
- 28.05.2017BA aims to resume most UK flights after IT failure
- 28.05.2017More than 1,500 migrants, refugees have died crossing Mediterranean in 2017: UN
- 27.05.2017Putin, Erdogan agree to develop coordination of efforts for settlement in Syria
- 27.05.2017Erdogan: Turkey, EU agree on year-long plan of actions to improve relations
- 27.05.2017G7 countries ready to tighten sanctions on Russia
- 27.05.2017Georgia's Defence Minister: We’re trying to ensure regional security jointly with Azerbaijan and Turkey more effectively
- 27.05.2017UK police arrest eleventh suspect of Manchester terror attack
- 27.05.2017G7 leaders reach impasse on climate, urge cyber crackdown
- 26.05.2017Bomb threat at Place de la République in Paris – major evacuation and lockdown
- 26.05.2017G7 leaders sign Declaration on fight against terrorism
- 26.05.2017Estonia expels two Russian diplomats, Moscow says 'unfriendly' act
- 26.05.2017NATO says it sees stability in South Caucasus as priority
- 26.05.201729 terrorists killed in eastern Turkey
- 26.05.2017Ankara criticizes US resolution over DC clash
- 26.05.2017Manchester police searching house in Wigan after Monday's deadly terror attack
- 26.05.2017Stoltenberg: NATO to become part of US-led coalition against Daesh
- 25.05.2017Former Greek prime minister injured in explosion
- 25.05.2017Turkish FM says it is time for EU to decide on Turkey
- 25.05.2017UK: Additional arrests in bomb investigation
- 25.05.2017Turkey denies restricting Russian agricultural imports
- 24.05.2017Manchester bomber was part of a network: police
- 24.05.2017Counter-terrorism police arrest man at Standsted Airport
- 24.05.2017G7 States to adopt special statement on anti-terror fight after Manchester blast
- 24.05.2017Turkish foreign minister arrives in Rome
- 24.05.2017UK Prime Minister raises terror threat level, says next attack 'imminent'
- 23.05.2017Ethiopian former health minister elected new director general of World Health Organization
- 23.05.2017Erdogan: "Be careful when naming Turkish sports centers"
- 23.05.2017Manchester's Arndale shopping center evacuated, witnesses heard "big bang"
- 23.05.2017Islamic State claims responsibility for Manchester terror attack
- 23.05.2017Children among 22 killed in Manchester Arena attack - UPDATED
- 23.05.2017Theresa May calls Manchester Arena Explosion 'an appalling terrorist attack'
- 22.05.2017Man responsible for killing Russian Su-24 pilot in 2015 sentenced to five years
- 15.04.2017Ankara slams West's interference in Turkish, Russian affairs as 'disease'
- 15.04.2017World's oldest person Emma Morano dies at 117
- 15.04.2017Czech Republic should not accept refugees under EU quotas - Interior Minister
- 15.04.2017TurkPA observer mission monitors nation-wide referendum in Turkey
- 15.04.2017Turkey to hold constitutional referendum tomorrow
- 15.04.2017On Good Friday, Pope speaks of shame for Church and humanity