Zhirinovsky in Kiev Cabbage Attack
Baku-APA. Vladimir Zhirinovsky, the flamboyant leader of Russia's Liberal-Democratic Party, was pelted with cabbage during a news conference in the Ukrainian capital Kiev.
The woman who threw pickled cabbage salad at the Russian politician accused him of being a “Ukrainophobe,” APA reports quoting Ria Novosti.
“Where are my bodyguards? Remove this schizophrenic woman!” Zhirinovsky shouted, before asking journalists at the news conference to explain what the word "Ukrainophobe" meant.
“It means that you don’t love Ukraine,” they said, but Zhirinovsky protested that he had always called for friendly relations between Russia and Ukraine.
"There is not a milligram of anti-Ukrainian feelings in Russia," he said as the news conference continued.
Related news releases
- 25.09.2016'US apologized to Assad' for killing troops: Russian FM
- 23.09.2016Kyrgyzstan's president arrives in Moscow for treatment
- 23.09.2016Russian FM: "We will continue our work to guarantee the ceasefire in Syria"
- 23.09.2016Moscow says Russia will not bargain with EU over sanctions at UN General Assembly
- 22.09.2016US, Russia stand ready to provide Lethal aid to Libyan Security Forces
- 21.09.2016Armenian soldier faints during parade in Yerevan - VIDEO
- 21.09.2016Russian FM: "Russia, Arab Gulf States may jointly improve situation in Middle East"
- 20.09.2016Russian MoD Releases Footage of Attacked UN Aid Convoy in Syria's Aleppo - VIDEO
- 20.09.2016Son of Armenia’s Gyumri mayor candidate found dead
- 19.09.2016Kyrgyz president cuts short visit to New York for health reasons
- 19.09.2016Russia may create Ministry for State Security
- 19.09.2016Armenian author expresses regret over lack of schools in country
- 19.09.2016Armenia experiencing Karabakhization process, says expert
- 19.09.2016Russian Duma election results may be canceled in three ballot stations
- 18.09.2016Medvedev Announces United Russia Party’s Victory in 2016 Parliamentary Elections
- 18.09.2016Washington does not fulfill its commitments on Syria — Russian Foreign Ministry
- 18.09.2016Russian Foreign Ministry: White House 'Defending the Islamic State' Terrorists
- 17.09.2016Armenia defense minister to turn down offer to become CSTO chief
- 17.09.2016Russia suggests holding next CIS summit in Moscow
- 16.09.2016Russia to chair CIS in 2017
- 16.09.2016Lavrov: Ankara beginning to abandon ultimatums on Assad’s fate
- 16.09.2016Bishkek hosts meeting of CIS Council of Foreign Ministers
- 16.09.2016Acting Uzbek president nominated for December 4 poll
- 15.09.2016Armenian prisoner escapes on way to court
- 15.09.2016A large number of cartridges stolen from Armenia military warehouse
- 14.09.2016Russian Finance Ministry proposes to reduce funding of public media
- 14.09.2016New Turkmen Constitution adopted, presidential term extended to 7 years
- 14.09.2016Russian hackers leak Simone Biles and Serena Williams files
- 13.09.2016Armenia's new prime minister appointed
- 13.09.2016Estonian President Appoints Jurgen Ligi as New Foreign Minister
- 13.09.2016Ukraine says prepared to hold 'good faith' talks with Russia on $3 billion debt
- 12.09.2016Armenian defense minister likely to become new CSTO chief – report
- 11.09.2016Russia waiting for remaining permits on Turkish Stream in coming days - source
- 09.09.2016Kazakh president appoints new PM
- 09.09.2016Sargsyan again relies on ‘Karabakh clan’ – media
- 09.09.2016Uzbekistan presidential election set for Dec. 4
- 08.09.2016Armenia ruling party approves candidacy for the post of PM
- 08.09.2016CIS security service heads to meet in Baku Sept. 28
- 08.09.2016Uzbekistan appoints temporary acting president
- 08.09.2016Kazakh PM dismissed, moved to security service
- 28.01.2013Differences Over Venue Delay Iran Plus Six Meeting – Lavrov
- 29.01.2013Kyrgyzstan Aims to Strip Canadian Gold Firm of Tax Status
- 29.01.20136.1-magnitude quake hits Kazakhstan
- 28.01.2013President of Dagestan dismissed, Ramazan Abdulatipov to replace him
- 28.01.2013Ramazan Abdulatipov, member of Coordination Council of Azerbaijani Organizations’ Union in Russia, to be acting president of Dagestan
- 28.01.2013Armenian soldier shoots dead his fellow soldier