Vladimir Putin orders to take all necessary measures after railway incident in Moscow
Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered the Russian government to take all necessary measures to rectify the aftermath of the railway incident in western Moscow, Kremlin’s spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Sunday, APA reports quoting Sputnik.
“The president was informed right after the clash of a suburban train and the long-distance train … Putin ordered to take all necessary measures to rectify the situation,” Peskov said.
Earlier on Sunday, the long distance train and a suburban train collided in western Moscow. According to the Russian Investigative Committee, two railway cars of suburban train and two railway cars of long-distance train were derailed, while 20 people were injured and 16 were hospitalized.
A total of 455 people were present in the long-distance train and four people were in a suburban train, according to the committee.
Among the people, injured in the incident, were foreign citizens and children, six people were hospitalized in critical condition, Russian Minister of Emergencies and Disaster Relief Vladimir Puchkov said.
Related news releases
- 24.04.2017Georgian first lady’s brother sentenced to 4 years in prison
- 24.04.2017Mogherini: EU still has disagreements with Russia on Ukraine issue
- 22.04.2017Russian serviceman killed in Armenia
- 21.04.2017Protest staged outside government building in Yerevan
- 21.04.2017Over half of Russians want Lenin’s body to be buried - poll
- 21.04.2017Unidentified gunman opens fire in FSB office in Russia’s Khabarovsk
- 21.04.2017Russian army pilots in Armenia hold night trainings
- 21.04.2017State of counter-terror operation imposed in two districts in Dagestan
- 20.04.2017Russia says metro bomber funded by 'international terrorists' in Turkey
- 20.04.2017Russia’s FSB close to establishing instigator of St. Petersburg metro attack
- 19.04.2017FSB detains brother of St. Petersburg metro attack suspect
- 19.04.2017Russian journalist dies after attack in St. Petersburg
- 19.04.2017Ukrainian MP slams Zaporozhye regional council for “Armenian genocide” statement
- 19.04.2017Russia's FSB eliminates two Central Asian would-be terrorists in Vladimir region
- 19.04.2017OSCE Secretary General, Russian FM to mull Karabakh conflict
- 19.04.2017US F-22 fighter jets scrambled to intercept Russian strategic bombers near Alaska
- 18.04.2017Russian president congratulates Turkish counterpart on outcome of Turkey's Constitutional Referendum
- 18.04.2017Russia puts Moscow air defenses on high alert
- 18.04.2017Normandy Four states point out importance of Easter ceasefire in Donbass
- 17.04.2017Suspected organizer of St. Petersburg metro attack detained near Moscow
- 17.04.2017Russia to open embassy in self-proclaimed “Republic of Abkhazia”
- 14.04.2017Armenian opposition appeals to Constitutional Court to annul outcome of elections
- 14.04.2017Yuri Khachaturov appointed CSTO Secretary General
- 14.04.2017MP comments on Baku mosque demolition case
- 14.04.2017Russian, Iranian and Syrian foreign ministers hold trilateral talks
- 14.04.2017Eurasian Economic Union endorses Moldova’s application for observer status
- 14.04.2017St.Peterburg teenager seriously injured as bomb goes off in his hands
- 13.04.2017Russian and Turkish presidents hold phone conversation
- 13.04.2017Belarus pays off $726 mln gas debt to Russia's Gazprom
- 13.04.2017Former head of Russia's Mari El Republic detained over suspected bribe-taking
- 12.04.2017Russia’s top diplomat demands probe into Syrian chemical attack
- 12.04.2017Putin says trust erodes under Trump, Moscow icily receives Tillerson
- 12.04.2017Russian, Iranian and Syrian foreign ministers to meet in Moscow
- 12.04.2017Putin: Almost half of foreign Islamic State militants are from CIS countries
- 12.04.2017Putin vows he won’t allow color revolutions in Russia
- 12.04.2017Lavrov: Moscow wants to know Trump administration’s real intentions
- 12.04.2017Putin says Russia's faith in US has waned since Trump's inauguration
- 08.04.2017Legendary Soviet cosmonaut Georgy Grechko dies
- 08.04.2017Russia warns of serious consequences from U.S. strike in Syria
- 07.04.2017Russian PM: "US on brink of military clash with Russia"
- 12.04.2017Maria Zakharova says Tillerson’s statement on Syria is not 'an ultimatum'
- 12.04.2017Pentagon aims to weaken Syrian government’s forces — Russian Defense Ministry
- 12.04.2017Kazakhstan switches to Latin alphabet
- 09.04.2017Fifty people seek medical assistance after Moscow rail accident
- 08.04.2017Lavrov to Tillerson: US attack in Syria plays Into terorists' hands
- 08.04.20175 passengers with traces of explosives on their hands detained in Moscow metro