Venezuela's Maduro Travels to Russia For Energy Talks
Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro has arrived in Moscow, Russia for this week’s Energy Week festival. Speaking on Venezuelan television, Maduro said he will meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin about bilateral financial, technological, agricultural, commercial and military cooperation, APA reports quoting Russian media.
He added that he is looking forward to meeting with various heads of states, investors and companies in Moscow. Later on, he will travel to St. Petersburg, where the Gas Exporting Countries, GEC, meets. Venezuela hopes to strengthen cooperation and development between Russia and Trinidad and Tobago, as well as visiting nations from the Oil Producing and Exporting Countries, OPEC, that will attend meetings in St. Petersburg later this week.
Russia and Venezuela are members of the OPEC sub-committee that determines its oil production and pricing. It’s rumored that OPEC countries will soon reduce oil production by 1,758,000 barrels per day in order to drive up international oil prices, which fell from US$110 in the 2010-2012 timeframe to US$20 in 2014.
In addition, Venezuelan Minister of Oil Eulogio Del Pino met with Andrey Fick, the Director General of Gazprom International, a Russian hydrocarbon extraction company. The leaders met in Moscow to discuss the possibility of exploring natural gas in Venezuela.
Del Pino tweeted that the ministry is “exploring new business opportunities with Gazprom. Strategic Alliances!” Venezuelan authorities say that the country potentially houses over 18 billon square meters of natural gas within its borders, including maritime territory. This is one of the world's highest natural gas deposits.
The minister also met with Trinidad and Tobago representative Franklin Khan in Moscow to discuss the exploration of natural gas in the offshore Loran-Manatee territory that the two countries border. These discussions began in 2013 and representatives are confident they will reach agreements on how to explore the area in the next two weeks.
Related news releases
- 22.02.2018Russian President met with the heads and deputy defense ministers of several countries
- 22.02.2018Ex-Georgian leader banned entry to Ukraine till 2021
- 20.02.2018Ukrainian president signs Donbass reintegration law
- 20.02.2018Dozens of Russian, CIS citizens killed & injured in recent clashes in Syria – Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Russia summons Ukraine's representative over attack on building in Kiev
- 16.02.2018Russian toll in Syria battle was 300 killed and wounded: sources
- 16.02.2018Truck with 2,500 loaves of bread hijacked in Russia
- 15.02.2018New US sanctions pose no serious threat to Russian economy, russians - Medvedev
- 15.02.2018Reports of scores of Russians killed in Syria are disinformation by anti-govt forces - Moscow
- 14.02.2018Presidents of Russia and Ukraine hold a telephone conversation
- 13.02.2018Lavrov says ‘aggressive minority’ in West impedes establishment of relations with Russia
- 09.02.2018Former governor of Sakhalin region Khoroshavin sentenced to 13 years in jail for bribery
- 07.02.2018Russia favors making UN Security Council more efficient
- 06.02.2018Russian, Kazakh FMs discuss preparations for Caspian Summit
- 06.02.2018Russian Central Election Commission registers Putin as presidential candidate
- 04.02.2018Russian Defense Ministry Releases Video of Su-25 Downing Over Syria - VİDEO
- 04.02.2018Russian weapons deliver strikes on area from which Su-25 was shot down , 30 militants killed
- 03.02.2018Russia’s Foreign Ministry notes anti-Russian focus of US nuclear doctrine
- 02.02.2018Russian CEC chairwoman disapproves of Kremlin spokesman’s statement
- 02.02.2018Armenia: 10-year-old girl kidnapped for debts
- 02.02.2018Russia says U.S. 'hunting' for Russians to arrest around the world
- 01.02.2018UN envoy for Syria highlights role of Sochi congress for Geneva process, says Lavrov
- 01.02.2018Law enforcement officer receives stab wounds in Yerevan
- 01.02.2018Meeting between Russian, Italian FMs kicks off in Moscow
- 31.01.2018Sergei Lavrov: "Sochi Congress Agrees a Constitutional Committee"
- 31.01.2018Group of Five plan for Syria runs counter to Geneva process — Lavrov
- 30.01.2018US ‘Kremlin List’ means nothing to Russia — PM
- 30.01.2018Putin says he feels 'sad' about not being included in US 'Kremlin report’
- 29.01.2018Search for missing Azerbaijanis in the Japanese Sea suspended
- 27.01.2018Russia says new U.S. sanctions are destructive step, will retaliate: RIA
- 26.01.201815 people die from hypothermia in Bishkek in January
- 25.01.2018Zakharova says Turkey is a difficult partner
- 25.01.2018Zakharova: ‘Any country’s destructive intervention in election campaign in Russia will be dealt with harshly’
- 25.01.2018Search operation for missing Russian fishing boat in Sea of Japan
- 23.01.2018Ukraine calls for boycott of 2018 World Cup in Russia
- 22.01.2018Russia says U.S. actions in Syria either a provocation or ill-informed
- 21.01.2018Russia says US 'took provocative steps' by arming YPG in Syria
- 20.01.2018Russia, Iran, Turkey agree lists for Congress in Sochi - president’s representative
- 20.01.2018Russia concerned over Turkey's launch of military op in Syria's Afrin - MoD
- 20.01.2018Russian, US army chiefs discuss Syria by phone
- 04.10.2017Conditions for defeating terrorists, returning to peaceful life in Syria created — Lavrov
- 04.10.2017Severed human legs found next to supermarket in Moscow
- 04.10.2017CIS foreign ministers to meet in Sochi
- 03.10.2017Saakashvili's issue must be resolved through legal means: Ukrainian FM
- 30.09.2017Mammadbagir Aliyev elected to RAS Presidium
- 29.09.2017Shootout at Russian military base leaves 3 dead, 2 wounded