Venezuela's Maduro Travels to Russia For Energy Talks
Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro has arrived in Moscow, Russia for this week’s Energy Week festival. Speaking on Venezuelan television, Maduro said he will meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin about bilateral financial, technological, agricultural, commercial and military cooperation, APA reports quoting Russian media.
He added that he is looking forward to meeting with various heads of states, investors and companies in Moscow. Later on, he will travel to St. Petersburg, where the Gas Exporting Countries, GEC, meets. Venezuela hopes to strengthen cooperation and development between Russia and Trinidad and Tobago, as well as visiting nations from the Oil Producing and Exporting Countries, OPEC, that will attend meetings in St. Petersburg later this week.
Russia and Venezuela are members of the OPEC sub-committee that determines its oil production and pricing. It’s rumored that OPEC countries will soon reduce oil production by 1,758,000 barrels per day in order to drive up international oil prices, which fell from US$110 in the 2010-2012 timeframe to US$20 in 2014.
In addition, Venezuelan Minister of Oil Eulogio Del Pino met with Andrey Fick, the Director General of Gazprom International, a Russian hydrocarbon extraction company. The leaders met in Moscow to discuss the possibility of exploring natural gas in Venezuela.
Del Pino tweeted that the ministry is “exploring new business opportunities with Gazprom. Strategic Alliances!” Venezuelan authorities say that the country potentially houses over 18 billon square meters of natural gas within its borders, including maritime territory. This is one of the world's highest natural gas deposits.
The minister also met with Trinidad and Tobago representative Franklin Khan in Moscow to discuss the exploration of natural gas in the offshore Loran-Manatee territory that the two countries border. These discussions began in 2013 and representatives are confident they will reach agreements on how to explore the area in the next two weeks.
Related news releases
- 21.06.2018Armenian military officer caught red-handed for embezzlement of technical supplies
- 21.06.2018Russia’s cooperation with UN to be in focus of Lavrov’s talks with UN Secretary General
- 21.06.2018Russian interior minister arrives in New York to attend UN Chiefs of Police Summit
- 16.06.2018Taxi rams into people in Moscow, at least 8 injured - UPDATED
- 14.06.2018Putin introduced Armenian PM to the President of Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Anton Vaino appointed head of Kremlin administration
- 12.06.2018Russian foreign minister praises Trump-Kim meeting
- 12.06.2018Ukraine, Russia fail to agree on UN peacekeeping mission
- 07.06.2018Gazprom appeals against assets seizure in Swiss Court
- 07.06.2018Russia-Armenia trade turnover up by 30 percent last year – Lavrov
- 07.06.2018Russian, Armenian FMs meet in Moscow
- 06.06.2018Russian defense minister: Terror is the main threat to CIS countries
- 06.06.2018Putin expects sanctions on Russia to be removed with time, relations with US to improve
- 05.06.2018Russia not trying to split EU, Putin says before rare visit to Western Europe
- 03.06.2018Counterterrorism operation regime introduced in Dagestan
- 01.06.2018NPP reactor will be closed for repair In Armenia
- 31.05.2018Russia to cut excise duties on diesel fuel, gasoline starting from June 1
- 31.05.2018Moscow "House of Books" allows presentation of American historian's book about the "Armenian Genocide" after APA's news
- 30.05.2018Russia slams Ukraine's staging reporter's murder as `anti-Russian provocation'
- 30.05.2018Russian journalist believed to be dead turns up alive at news conference
- 29.05.2018Putin appoints Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 29.05.2018Lavrov notes US not interested in cooperating with Russia on cybersecurity
- 29.05.2018Armenian serviceman dies in road accident
- 26.05.2018Putin: Turkey has right to choose its military aircraft
- 25.05.2018Plenary meeting held in Petersburg forum with participation of Russian, French and Japan leaders
- 25.05.2018Armenian president visits Georgia
- 25.05.2018Cancellation of US-North Korea summit is ‘testing humanity’s nerve’ — Russian senator
- 25.05.2018Second Syrian National Dialogue Congress planned to be held in Sochi next month
- 25.05.2018Man taking hostages in Moscow apartment detained
- 24.05.2018Man takes three hostages in Moscow - Interior Ministry
- 24.05.2018Russian Defense Ministry general detained
- 24.05.2018Man commits suicide after killing five in Russia
- 24.05.2018Armenia army chief to be dismissed
- 20.05.2018Pentagon says Moscow 'not doing enough' to fight terrorism within borders
- 20.05.2018All militants who attacked church in Grozny identified, says Chechnya’s head
- 18.05.2018Putin approves new cabinet
- 17.05.2018Putin Met With Assad in Sochi - Kremlin Spokesman
- 17.05.2018Putin: Defense Ministry allocates $24 billion for state defense order 2018
- 16.05.2018Protesters storm mayor’s building in Yerevan
- 16.05.2018Russian embassy warns of attempts to embroil other states in Skripal case
- 04.10.2017Conditions for defeating terrorists, returning to peaceful life in Syria created — Lavrov
- 04.10.2017Severed human legs found next to supermarket in Moscow
- 04.10.2017CIS foreign ministers to meet in Sochi
- 03.10.2017Saakashvili's issue must be resolved through legal means: Ukrainian FM
- 30.09.2017Mammadbagir Aliyev elected to RAS Presidium
- 29.09.2017Shootout at Russian military base leaves 3 dead, 2 wounded